H U R T

By theMadMarsz

Kimani, 16 going onto 17, has straight A's and is going onto College to face her A-levels, she has her two be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 5.
Character List #1
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Character List #2
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 4.

5.7K 182 145
By theMadMarsz

Interested

Kimani's P.O.V

I woke up and went to the bathroom and peed. It was around 10pm now and I was just finishing up some work that I had to do, I sat on the toilet seat and my body began to shiver as the coldness shivered through my body. I went to wash my hands and went back into my room, I packed my things up and checked my phone. Chris has sent you a snap! (8pm) I rolled my eyes and checked the message.

Chris: Why do you always air me, did I do something? (7:30)

Chris: Sn, your not replying calm. (7:58)

I laughed to myself, why was he so worried about me, tf. I replied back with;

Mani: Sorry, I was doing work tf, chill bro.

I checked my other messages from my girls and then saw Chris' name pop up again. WHY YOU SO OBSEESED WITH ME!! I sang mentally, like just leave me alone, I don't have time for boys honestly, books before boys mentality.

Chris: Respect me please, don't call me bro.

Mani: It's not that deep but okaaay Christian.

Christ: You got jokes, when I see you, you better be able to talk like this yh.

I rolled my eyes again and put my phone down as I put it on charge. I got on my knees and prayed. 'Heavenly Father thank you for another day, another breathe and another chance, please continue to bless and protect those around me and look after us as we come and go from where we have to go.' I did the Father, The Sun and The Holy Spirit across my body and said Amen. Just as I got into bed I heard my front door close, I got out and went downstairs to my mom. "Hi Mommy!" I said startling her.

"AAh, Kimani you gefo behave usef, (You have to behave yourself.) you can't be doing that!" She said as she laughed and held onto her chest. I laughed as she brought me into a tight embrace. "Oh yeah, we're going to a party this weekend, Aunty Jennifer is having a party for her son, I got your Ankara for the party already." I LOVED going to these things, the vibe, the food and the family, EVERYTHING well except them pervert Uncles, them ones always got me. Being from where I'm from my body shape is there, I have curves, medium sized boobs and like Asia likes to say, NYAAASHHHHH (an ASSSSS.)

"Yassss, he's growing so quickly, he's like 3 now!" I replied twerking in the living room as my mom took of her shoes, she watched me, laughed and joined in with me. After my mom and I got tired I kissed her goodnight and went to my bedroom to sleep. I got my phone once more to check any messages I might have had and saw Chris ... AGAIN. It's nice that he wants to be friends but GO AWAY.

Chris: Stop leaving me on read, like say goodbye or something atleast. I just noticed, I always left him on read.

Mani: LOOL, sorry bro, its a habit, night see you tomorrow maybe. Before I waited for his response I conked out and fell asleep in my bed.

...

I had a late start today as I only had one lesson today, Media. I got into the shower and got myself all cleaned up and dressed. I went to my mirror and looked at myself.

'she's so ugly.'

'why's she so dark?'

'she would be prettier if she bleached.'

I put my towel onto my bed and looked at my body, I had a short frame, 5'4, curves, arched lips, long hair, it had to be my skin. IT IS MY SKIN. I stared at myself and started touching my self, I cupped my boobs into my hand, traced my hips with my hands and stepped closer into the mirror and looked straight into my eyes. I had these moments where I look at myself and see everything that's wrong with me, my skin, my body everything. I sighed as I put Vaseline on my skin and moisturised it. I put on a khaki green tracksuit, my go to black hurraches and black bomber jacket with the pins. I tied my hair up into a bun and pulled some hair to make it loo messy.

I put on my backpack and took my phone and saw a message from Asia, I sighed in relief.

ChinaDoll; Lunch starts after this period, make sure you come on time bro.

Mani: SN Fam, lol. I locked my phone and put it in my pocket as put my earphones in as I headed out, the journey took just under 40mins to get school and since there was a McDonalds near I decided to visit it for breakfast. I got on my bus and the boy from my tutor group was there .. again. "Ayee Kehlani!" He called as he gestured me to the back of the bus with him. I smiled awkwardly as passengers looked at me. I walked to the back and he held his hand out in a fist for me to dap it, so I did. "You're mean you know?" I looked at him with a weird face on.

"How?" I asked concerned, I didn't want anyone to have a problem with me honestly, I didn't want to have enemies.

"Yesterday, man was trying to buss convo and you just walked into class, like put a lickle respect on my name please." He said leaning against the window looking at me.

"Oh sorry, I just wanted to get into my lesson and not get into trouble honestly." I replied honestly.

"Naah, it's cool Kehlani, I jus-." He stopped as he heard me laugh lowly to myself. "What?" I laughed a little bit louder and looked at him.

"My name is KiMANI not KehLANI." I said putting emphasis on the differences between the two names. He did the Jay Z face and apologised. "It's okay, don't worry." We both looked at each other and began to laugh but it came to an end when his face straightened up, I coughed and looked away from him and at my hands, what did I do?

"Naah but forreal you're rude yah know, you still haven't asked for my name or anything." He said looking at me. OOH that's why he was all straight face. I giggled and looked back at him.

"So, what is your name?" I said with a smile.

"OOH, so now you want to know my name?" He said with his eyebrows arched up and his hands swaying side to side. I couldn't contain myself, I laughed and nodded with a yes. "It's Tristian for your information KiMANI." He said putting emphasis on the Mani like I did.

We continued to buss jokes on the bus until we reached our destination. I got off the bus and he walked towards school as I went to McDonalds, when I walked in I saw people from my school doing the same thing, getting food. I got my purse out and got out my McDonalds voucher, £1.99 for a Big Mac and Medium Fries. I waited in the line as it got smaller, I got to the counter and some girl was behind the counter, she looked tired as heck. "Could I get the Big Mac and Chips with this voucher I said as I handed the voucher to her, she smiled and said the usual cashier to customer conversation.

My food came quite quickly and I walked into my college and went to where I knew my friends would be. I was about 5 minutes early, so I was sitting by myself for the most part. I started eating and then someone came to my table as I was biting into my Big Mac. I looked up at the boy .. Christian. "When you're done we can fight, cool?" He said as he sat down on one of the chairs as I gulped my food down.

"Fight me?" I said worried, I've seen boys hit girls before and was scared, I knew SOME boys in London didn't mind putting their hands on girls without a care. "W-what did I do?" I said as I wiped my mouth, he looked at me and clenched his jaw as he stared at me right into my eyes, he then tucked in his lip as he cheeks got bigger and he burst out laughing.

Christian's P.O.V

I started laughing as she sat there looking all scared like I would ever put my hands on a girl. It would be a shame if I did honestly, but the look on her face had me dying!

"Naah, I was just joking, chill." I said as she rolled her eyes at me. "Do you smile, MuniMani?" I asked mimicking the angry pout she had on her face. She gave me the really b!tch face and continued eating her food. I sat there watching her, it was a warm ish day and the sun was shining, the way it hit her skin made her look sexy, like them Instagram models who are rubbed down in oil and then the flash just shines of their skin, now those were the kind of darkskin girls I could go for.

"Is there something on my face?" she said getting her tissue out of the brown paper bag. I laughed and shook my head. The bell rang and people started coming out of the school. A group of girls walked to the table and they all got seats and sat around Kimani and I. "Hi you guys, this is Chris from my tutor group." She said as they all eyed me, I lowkey felt like a sugadaddy or a pimp, all these fine girls around me. I said hello to them all and then my pimp card was revoked when another boy came. He was like the same height as me but light skin.

"Shemika, let me chat to you real quick." He said as he came closer to the table, he greeted the other girls and nodded his head at me before going off with the Shemika girl, she was light skin and had a nice figure, she was a cute height but the way the boy had his arm around her neck made me look away real quick.

"Soo Chris right?" A girl said eyeing me, she was Asian and had short black hair, a nose piercing and looked like some girl on Instagram called Mayleen. I turned my attention to her as she proceeded with initiating the conversation, "What subjects do you do?" She placed her head on the palm of her hands as she and the other girls stared at me waiting for a response, I licked my lips and went on to talk.

"Don't laugh at me though." I said raising my brows looking over the girls, "Well, I do Media, Art and English." They looked at me and looked around and then back at me.

"Why were we supposed to laugh?" another girl asked, she was brownskin, she had ginger/brownish hair, it didn't look stiff but a little bit dry no offence and her top was showing the outline of her breasts, this is the kinda girls I could go for honestly. A nice brownskin girl, not too dark or light just perfect but staring at Kimani and at her, Kimani had an aura which looked mesmerizing and powerful. "I don't know, cause I'm not doing something that most of the boys are doing, like sports education or something I guess." I shrugged whilst replying to her.

"Trust me it's not that deep, honestly, it's good you wanna do something completely different to everyone else." Kimani said to me smiling, displaying a mouth full of straight white teeth, I smiled back after the bell rung indicating our next lesson was coming near. I got up and said my goodbyes to the girls and went to my English Class.

"My nigga!" I said bringing my nigga Tristian into a bro hug. "You good?" I enquired as he stood in front of me. Me and Tristian have been close since I was 11, we went to the same secondary school and we've been cool since day 1, we fell out once over some petty shit but that's my bro, nothing could EVER change that. Blood really wouldn't change the brotherhood and love I had for this guy.

"Yeah, mans good you know." He replied to me quickly. "I'll see you in Tutor tomorrow or I might come your yard today yeah." He said as he walked away, most probably late. When I saw him in my tutor group I was grinning bare teeth and was gassed but then that teacher said she didn't want us to sit next together as she wanted everyone to do that exercise where we have to learn about the other person, learn about Kimani.

...

The day flew by and my lesson was OK. I got my phone out of my pocket and put on some music. The same girl from the day before ran up to me again. I couldn't remember her name, I think it was Raya, Ramiya or something. She was beautiful, browning with some kissable lips. I really thought she was beautiful honestly. I just couldn't remember her name, it was unique to me, she was the first person to have her name.

"Hey Chris!" she said with a beautiful smile stretched across her face. "How are you?" she enquired as we began to walk together out of college.

"I'm good Raah.." I said trying to remember her name, she smirked and shook her head.

"Ruqayyah, Christian, RAH-KAI-AH." she said sounding out her name. I nodded and registered her name into my head, Ruqayyah.

"I'm sorry, I'm shit with names." She nodded and tucked in her lips as she looked forward. I guess I upset her. "I'm sorry Ruqayyah, seeee I got it!" I said trying to make her laugh and brighten her up but she just chuckled and went back to her nonchalant manner.

"Chris, can I ask you a question?" I turned my head to her showing I was being attentive. "You know your friend that you were with earlier, the tall darkskin boy." She said smiling the last bit. I took my time to think and then thought of Tristian.

"Do you mean Tristian, the boy who had on the red bomber jacket?" I asked looking back at her, lowkey confused as to why she wanted to know. She nodded and smiled. "Yeah, what about him?" I asked her"Oh nothing." She replied with a smirk on her face. I guess she has a crush on him or something. I shrugged and we continued to walk and talk.

...

"Naah, Kimani is penger than her." Tristian said as we looked at some girl on snapchat making thirst traps mouthing to music. Why do you girls do that shit, I be watching and all I see is you guys mouth it, show your thighs or ass and then continue and then you speed it up ruining the whole shit. If your gonna show ass let me see it slowly.

"Kimani is sexy." I said going back in my chair looking at him.

"Do you like her?" He questioned me with his eyes wide open. I don't know why he was staring at me like that, like I did something wrong. "You usually go for lightskin girls not even gonna lie, both of your exes are lightskin, your hoes lightskin, all the girls you got are lightskin bro." He replied to my facial expression. He was right most of the girls I went for were lightskin and had a fat ass that I could grab but it didn't mean I couldn't switch it up.

"You're right but all them darkskin girls that went to our school were ugly, they had short broken hair, yellow teeth, rude attitudes." I said replying to him. The girls in our school were mainly lightskin or white and the darkskin girls were usually ugly or rude. "I didn't have any peng darkskin girls to chat to honestly and don't even lie they were all rude or ugly." I said to Tristian who was nodding and laughing at what I was saying.

"I'm gonna cut yeah, I'm gonna go see my 'ting'." He said whilst dapping me up. If he called someone his ting it meant that they were a girl that was just there trying to be the main. He's a player, he's my brother but he's a player. Once he left I sighed and went to my room. I took off my top and stared at my scar on my arm, shit was ugly as fvck, no girl was gonna want me with this bull shit on my arm. It was a whole other insecurity which was going to devour me, I knew it. When I was younger the kids would bully me for having bruises which my dad would give me after 'disciplining me' but now I know there was a difference. As I rubbed my hand over the scar tears began to drop as my body became heated from anger.

IF HE DIDN'T LOVE US THEN WHY DID HE STAY?

IF HE DIDN'T NEED US THEN WHY DID HE STAY?

IF HE DIDN'T WANT US THEN WHY DID HE STAY?

WHY DID WE STAY? I hit my wall out of frustration and slid onto my floor. I looked up at my table in my bedroom and saw my pills staring at me. I sighed again looking at them, pills, insecurities, insomnia, broken home. What was I supposed to be happy out at this time in my life. My dad doesn't want me, I couldn't satisfy my ex girl.

Kimani's P.O.V

I decided to talk to Chris, he actually seemed cool and was funny, oh and good looking.

Mani: Hii Chris (7:52pm)

I held my phone in my hand as I waited for his reply to roll through, usually his replies would be quick and effective, he would message me quickly and then we'd have abit of banter but today was different he hadn't replied. I put my phone down and went into the kitchen, my mother had cooked stew and rice so I dished myself some and microwaved it as I watched the T.V in the living room.

My doorbell rang as my food rang indicating that my food was done. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole and saw a man with a DHL parcel. I smiled knowing it was my BUNDLESSSSSS!! I unlocked the door and the man handed me the package and asked me to write my signature on his handheld device thing they had. I went upstairs to my bedroom and placed the package on my bed and saw that I still had no message from Chris, although I wanted to speak to him I had food to eat.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen and got my food and went into the living room to eat my food. I turned on the T.V and resumed watching my favourite T.V Show, THE BIG BANG THEORY.

"Maths, Science, History, unravelling the mystery, it all started with the Big Bang!" I said singing along. "BANG!" I shouted nearly dropping my food, I had a mini heart attack as I calmed myself down and continued to eat my food and do work.

...

After praying I got into my bed to get ready to sleep since it was now 10pm as I went back onto my phone and saw that Chris had finally responded.

Chris: Yo. (9:30pm)

Mani: slow replies maybe?

Chris: typing...

Chris:

Mani: ite sorry for intruding I just wanted to speak to you, bye bro.

I replied hella confused, usually he's the one with the charisma in our conversations. I didn't wanna be a burden and annoy him by asking what's wrong plus he and I weren't close like that for me to be asking about all his business.

WAZZZZAP EVERYONE!

I'M GOING TO SAY SORRY IN ADVANCE AS I GO BACK TO SCHOOL ON THE 3RD AND I KNOW MY UPDATES WILL BECOME SLOW AF AND WILL MOST PROBABLY ANNOY AND PISS YOU GUYS OFF, SOO SORRRRYYY MARTIAANSSS.

HOW DID WAIT .. how did you guys enjoy this chapter, I wanted to update you all before the new years, soo here we go babies.

- Views on Chris, love or hate?

- Who do you see Mani with? Chris or Tristian? .. hold onto that

- Tristian and Ruqayyah?

I have characters in mind for Chris and Tristian but I'm still trying to decide and I wanna find ALL the characters but I don't wanna create an image and then my picks are completely different.. I may dedicate a 'chapter' to the characters and explain who is who and stuff.

Lemme address something real quick! Having natural hair doesn't mean you are conscious, 'woke' or better than a girl with chemically straightened hair, so please loose that. Having short hair as well does not make you ugly or mean your hair is broken or damaged, you could have a pixie cut, be growing from something you've done to your hair. So don't get onto Chris or I, get onto him actually he's the one with the view. I'm so fake to him omds.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!

Thank you prxncesscocaina , A8356784 and xNiquax   for the comments and votes it REALLY DOES MEAN ALOT TO ME!

Omniscient P.O.V

He sat in the car as his dad drove him back to London, his old area, his old place, his past. He was excited to be coming back from Italy where HE lived with his mother, he was happy to meet up with his old friends in his area like Kimani and Asia and Shemika.

He used to stand up for Kimani when they were younger and played outside, he was always there for her when the other kids would bully Kimani, they even shared their first kiss behind the blossom tree in the neighbourhood park when they were 6 but he moved with his mom to Italy when he was 8 years old leaving his dad due to his mothers ill feelings towards him.

"You excited to see everyone?" His dad asked paying attention to the road whilst asking his son.

"Yes Dad, I can't wait to see everyone and see how everyone's changed." He replied smiling as he thought about Kimani and her soft skin, complexion, braces, glasses, long hair, kind words, energetic demeanour. "I can't wait to see her." He muttered under his breathe low enough for it to be spoken into existence but only heard by himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
13.1K 174 27
[THE FIRST CHAPTERS ARE CRINGE ASF BUT I PROMISE IT GETS BETTER] ''What are you doing on the desk?'' He asked coldly. I look at him in the eyes. ''W...
481 35 15
In this society, everyone has a soulmate. And the way to find yours is just look. Along with a soulmate, everyone has a small tattoo on their cheek...
44K 606 21
ONLY ALLOWED TO BE READ ON WATTPAD!!! NO OTHER SITES!!! Regulus Black, a sad, lonely Slytherin who has a broken life that needs to be mended. You, y...