A Girl Named Summer

By princessshree

Jay's live turned upside down when Summer entered his life. She was his so called step sister but he hated he... More

A Girl Named Summer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 16

4.3K 162 7
By princessshree

new chapter..... enjoy with a little twist at the end...

.......................................................

Summer:

Did he just say that he loves me…?

Yeah, you dumb idiot, he said he loves you and even kissed you.

Shit…. Shit! How can he kiss me? Why did he kiss me? Oh god! Why he had done this? What’s the matter with this guy? I stood there freezing, looking into his eyes. His eyes turned into something that I can’t even express. He released me slowly without taking his eyes off me.

What I have done? Why did I kiss him back? I shouldn’t have done that.

I quickly got up from the edge and turned away from him. I twisted my hands into each other, to ease of the tension. My eyes wandered around to see the clear area around us. Probably everyone is inside, except us.

I should respond to him, he said something to me and I have to respond to him. Why it has to be today? Why he has to say it today and kiss me so softly and romantically.

No… no Summer, you can’t think about him like that. He is your friend. One kiss can’t change anything.

I was so much in my thoughts that I didn’t realize Austin was sitting there, alone, looking at the ground. He looked as if he lost something, staring into the blank space. Did he realize what’s there in my mind?

I sighed and walked up to him. He didn’t even look at me. I sat beside him and waited, waited for the right words to come out.

“Austin,” I started,” It’s not like that I….. I like you, but… Umm… you know… I mean… you are my best friend, my brother’s best friend. I like you,”

That was so convincing. I hope I haven’t hurt him.

“Then you don’t love me?” he looked at me. I saw anger and hurt in his eyes. He didn’t show it but I can see that.

“I… I didn’t feel like that for you, Austin. Every time I saw you, I felt like as a best friend. And that’s it,”

“Do… do you need time or something? I mean…”

“Austin, I don’t love you. I ….. I love someone else,” that’s it, I said that.

For a moment, he looked confused. A small smiled flickered over his lips but it faded. He thought I was kidding. But why would I say that?

“You are kidding, right?” he held both of my forearms and made me look straight in to his eyes. He doesn’t know one thing that he was pinning his nails into my flesh. I didn’t express it even. What I felt now is nothing much compared to what he felt just now.

“Why would I?” I shrugged my shoulders. I tried to free myself from him but his grip was strong.

“Who is he?” he growled.

“He…. Is…. Justin,” I bit my lower lip. A small tear rolled over his cheek. I know he is hurt, angry and most possibly broken. He pulled me towards him, completely decreasing the distance between us. I could feel his hot breath over my face.

“Justin? You… love him?” I gritted his teeth.

“Yeah, I… do love him. Last year, we dated and eventually we started to love each other. He also proposed me but when I heard he cheated on me, I left him. He is now here, begging and pleading for me,” his hands slowly loosen me. We were still close to each other. He brought his hand over my face and cupped it.

“So, there is no chance for him, right? He cheated on you, right?” tears started flowing down on his face. He sounded relief and happy for what I have said.

“He didn’t, Austin. He never cheated on me. It’s just a misunderstanding. And I am going to accept his proposal, Austin,”

My voice went down, looking at him, my heart broke. I just broke my best friend’s heart. He looked helpless, completely lost. He released me and turned away. He wiped his face with his hands and breathed. I don’t know what he is thinking about my right now. But when he turned to me, he had a small smile on his face.

“So, there… is no chance for me, right?” he gave a low chuckle, an empty laugh. I nodded.

“Justin is a one lucky guy. I hope that you guys figure it out and live happily,” he patted my shoulder and walked away.

“Austin… Austin?” I yelled but he didn’t stop. He walked away from me.

***

“Okay, my bag is packed,” Jay said in relief and fell down on his bed, beside me. He packed everything that is in his cupboard, his dresses, his basketball and even his graduation cap.

One week passed since that prom incident. Austin didn’t come home from that day. We met occasionally and he used to give me a small warm smile. But somewhere deep in that smile, it reflected sadness.

I saw him at the graduation. He didn’t even wait for the photos. He took one photo with his friends and went away. And now he is going away, far away from me. Jay has been selected for New York University while Austin to a Canada university. Both of them are going away from me. Jess is going along with Jay.

Every one is leaving today. Jenny and dad were packing his extra things that he might need in New York. I don’t know who is helping Austin.

“C’mon, just tell me one thing, why you don’t want to come to the airport?” Jay questioned me like hundredth time. I already told him that I won’t come to the airport. At first he thought I was kidding, but later he realized that I am serious.

“Jay, I can’t watch you leaving. And saying goodbyes are not my thing,” I shrugged and wrapped my knees to my chest. He looked sad and made a lost puppy face. I smiled and shook my head.

“Okay, for this time I agree,” he ruffled my hair and laid his hand over my face. Instantly his face dropped.

“Summer, you have fever,” he laid his hand over my forehead and looked worried. He stood up to call my dad but I stopped him.

“It’s normal, Jay. It’s going to get down tomorrow. And c’mon, you are going to get late,” I pushed myself out from his bed and smiled.

“I am going to miss you, Jay” I hugged him tightly. He is going away now, and I don’t know when I am going to see him.

“I will miss you too, Summer,” he hugged me back.

“Jay, c’mon we are going to get late,” Jenny yelled from below. We laughed and he took his suitcase. I walked along with him to the door.

Dad laid his luggage into the car. He looked at me with sad eyes but I smiled. He went inside the car and finally Jay waved back to me. They all drove away from me.

Fifteen minutes later, I felt alone. I know dad and Jenny are going to come back but still there created an emptiness inside me. Tears rolled down my cheek and it’s the first time I ever cried so much for Jay. I stared missing him.

Oh god! I can’t take it anymore. I wished I went along with them. At least I don’t have suffered this.

Yeah, I still have time. I looked outside. The sunny weather suddenly changed in to cloudy. It’s going to downpour at anytime. Hope I would reach them early. But how?

Just then I saw Justin, getting out from his bike. I raced him and stood next to him. He raised his eyes and looked confused. I bit my lower lip and smiled.

“Can you give me ride up to airport?”

He looked at me for a moment and then he kept his helmet back and signaled me to sit back. Without thinking anything, I took the back seat. We still have only ten minutes and the journey is going to take fifteen minutes. God, please help me this time… I prayed.

Justin drove every fast, ignoring the traffic and finally reaching the airport in less than ten minutes. The security persons didn’t allow us inside but from the glasses door I can see Jay and Jess along with Jenny and dad. But behind them, someone was standing there alone.

It’s Austin.

Jenny hugged him and kissed him on is cheek. He kissed back and gave her a weak smile. It pained me a lot when I saw him like that.

With that Jay, Jess and Austin, entered inside, completely dissolving into the crowd. I sighed and unknowingly my hands touched the pendant that Austin gave me.

“So, what have you told him?” Justin wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We didn’t look at each other but kept staring inside.

“I told him that I love you, and you proposed me,” I shrugged while twisting my necklace.

“Aww... I wish it was true. How did he take it?” he chuckled and looked at me.

“He believed it and he is going to be fine, Justin. One day he would refer to this day and smile to himself. He will be fine… he has to be fine,” a small tear escaped from my eyes.

Justin gripped my shoulder and took me into his arms. I buried my face into his chest and cried. I let out all my tears that I kept inside for many days and now I am letting them go. I have let him go.

I have done the right thing.

Yes, I have done the right thing. Now after this he will forget about me and then it will end.

He will never know that I loved him… love him like a hell.

“Justin, about your proposal? I am ready for that,” I gave him a weak smile for that he hugged me again.

..................................................

so why did she lie to Austin?

stay tuned.... you will find it out in next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 25.6K 70
Amanda Rose is too young for her best friend to be dead. She went to bed to one world and woke up to an entirely different one the next morning when...
411K 9.1K 22
AJ is the quiet shy girl who only has about 3 friends. She knows right from wrong. She doesn't smoke, drink, and is still a virgin if I must add. Ja...
1.8K 0 20
18 year old Summer Johnson meets Blake Gray but when he turns her entire world upside down will she stay or leave
11.8K 149 23
a normal teenager her live turns upside down when her mom passed what will happen? Where will she go? Will she ever meet the love of her life?