Eccentric|| Yuri On Ice x rea...

By TranquilNinja

"The way she moves is astonishing!" "She's like a whimsical flower in the wind." "Her performance is truly... More

History Maker
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
You Only Live Once

Chapter 12

13.6K 458 670
By TranquilNinja

"Yuri, it's about to start," Mila said. "Come watch with us." Yurio sat at a different table, a bored expression on his face. The Cup of China was on the television.

"I'm fine," he replied. "I'll watch from over here."

~*~
"The last skater from Group 1 is Katsuki Yūri from Japan."

Photographers started taking pictures. Viktor placed his hand over Yūri's. "The time to seduce us by picturing pork cutlet bowls and women during your skate is over. You can fight with your own personal charm. You can envision or just fine, can't you?"

Yūri gripped Viktor's hand and touched foreheads with him. "Don't ever take your eyes off me." He pulled back then looked at Y/n who was standing there somewhat shyly.

"I don't have a lot of time, so I'll save my speech for afterwards," she said. Y/n reached over and wrapped her arms around Yūri's neck squeezing him in a hug. This time Yūri didn't hesitate to hug back. "Good luck." Y/n pulled away first.

Yūri skated out to the center of the ice. The audience was already cheering. "He's far too different today," Viktor thought touching his forehead. "What's flipped his switch?"

"Yūri seems pretty serious," Y/n stated. Viktor looked at her but her attention was focused on Yūri. "But it's in a good way. You must be doing something right." Viktor only nodded in agreement before realizing what she said.

"Me?!" Y/n nodded.

"Face it. I've known him since I was twelve. Things didn't start changing until you became his coach"

"And when you became his manager. You're just as important, if not more, to Yūri's success, as I am," Viktor said. Y/n's cheeks tinted pink. She turned to watch Yūri hoping Viktor wouldn't notice, but he did. And a smile crept on to his face.

The judges watched intently. Yūri started his routine, licking his lips before looking at Y/n and Viktor. Viktor gave a little gasp. Y/n made an inhuman noise before covering her cheeks feeling them warm.

"K-Katsuki Yūri from Japan is skating his firs program of the Gran Prix series. The music is "On Love: Eros." He declared this year's theme to be "love." Well, he's certainly changed drastically from previous seasons. Maybe living with both his coach, Viktor, and manager, Y/n, has changed things for him mentally. Katsuki has told us he'd like to peruse Eros in his short program."

'They can laugh at me all they want. They can think it's not me. But everyone wants to know the new me, don't they?' Yūri clapped and then flowed into the next move. Both Viktor and Y/n gasped.

"Perfect," Viktor said in English.

"Yūri...you're doing it," Y/n thought. A large smile appeared on her face. "I think you finally got "Eros" down."

"What an amazing step sequence!" The announcer exclaimed. Yūri spun which has become one of Y/n's favorite moves. "That was wonderful!" All the other competitors watched Yūri, a few of them in awe.

"Wow," Phichit said.

"Katsuki Yūri has planned all his jumps for the second half of the program to get higher scores so he can win the Grand Prix Final." Yūri's sit spin received a loud applause.

"The first planned jump is a triple axel...here we go, from a spread eagle into...a triple axel." It went without fault. And applause was given. "Nice height! Okay, next up is a quadruple Salchow. In competition, he's landed it less than 30% of the time."

"Come on Yūri," Y/n thought biting her lip.

"A quadruple salchow. He nailed it!"

'I'm the only one who can satisfy Viktor. I'm the only one who can please Y/n. I'm the only one in the whole world who knows of their love. I'll prove that now.'

Yūri landed the first jump of the combination. "Quadruple toe loop, followed by a triple toe loop. He did it! So far, all the jumps have been flawless!"

"He's totally different from last year..." Chris thought.

"He's about to complete a short program with the highest technical difficulty in history!" Y/n stood there frozen in awe. "You're witnessing the birth of a brand new Katsuki Yūri!" Viktor raised his arms up cheering. Y/n covered her mouth willing herself not to cry. "Love wins! No one can deny that this was a perfect performance. It's a personal best for Katsuki Yūri." The audience threw flowers and stuffed animals on to the rink. "The audience is still on their feet!"

Back at Hasetsu, everyone was cheering and clapping for Yūri.

"He used last season's disappointment as a springboard to learn what love is, and he's undergone an astounding transformation!"

"That was perfect," Viktor said in awe.

"Yūri!" Y/n shouted. She needed her hugs.

"The kiss and cry's that way." Chris pointed.

"Well, his coach, Viktor, and manager, Y/n, look very happy!" Viktor waved to the camera. Y/n secretly tried to push him away from Yūri so she had the most hug room. She also planned to take the sushi plush from Yūri.

"Yūri, did it feel that great?" Asked Viktor. Yūri's cheeks were red and sweat rolled down his skin.

"Well, I was hoping everyone else felt great watching me."

"I know I did," Y/n said. "You were absolutely amazing. I'm really proud of you."

"And we have his short program score: 106.84!"

Yūri Katsuki
Technical Elements 58.91
Presentation 47.93

SP Score 106.84 PB
Rank 1

"A new personal best!" Viktor smiled and started clapping. Yūri leaned forward trying to see if he was reading the number correctly. Y/n squealed happily before wrapping her arms tightly around Yūri. Viktor joined in on the hug. "He's currently in first place!"

"Yūri! Of course they'd feel great watching a performance like that," Viktor said quietly. "You're the best student."

"I'm so proud of you Yūri, I don't even know what to say," Y/n said. She hugged him even tighter if possible. She then glared over at Viktor. "Viktor...back up, we talked about this." Viktor flashed a smiled and ignored her, squeezing her in a hug with Yūri.

Chris watched with a blank expression. His coach smiled. "You don't looked amused, Chris."

"Focus, focus," Leo repeated as he warmed up.

"Wow," Phichit said in awe. "He's never scored that high before."

"Don't worry about it," Celestino assured. "The free skate is where it counts. Besides, Yūri isn't used to being the one to beat."

~*~

"Listen," Yakov told Georgi. "You've been in Viktor's shadow all this time, but now is your chance. Go make your mark."

"Got it."

"Hey, Georgi's about to start," Mila said looking back at Yurio.

"Whatever."

"Now that Viktor's gone, I'm the new top skater in Russia," Georgi thought. The music started.

"Georgi Popovich, age 27, from Russia. This season's theme is "heartbreak." The music is "Carabosse" from The Sleeping Beauty. A triple axel."

Mila and another skater watched laughing. "This still cracks me up every time," Mila laughed.

'As the evil witch, Carabosse, I caste a curse on her. Only true love's kiss cam awaken her.'

Dasvidaniya

'But there is no such thing as true love!'

"Oh, I heard he broke up with the ice dancer he always used to post kiddy photos with. She hooked up with a different guy recently." Mila and the other skater looked through recent pictures on Instagram of Georgi's ex. "Did you know that, Yūri?"

"Shut up, hag!"

"I swear, the only girl he pays attention to is the Japanese Yūri's manager. Look, she posted a recent picture with two of the other skaters."

"Shut up!"

Georgi landed a quadruple salchow. He started crying. "What an emotional performance!"

"Yikes, he's actually crying," Mila said.

"Seriously?" Yurio asked barley caring.

'I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth, and I'll find you! "Forgive me, I was wrong, Georgi."
"Never, you traitor!"
"No! Oh!"'

"A triple lutz, triple loop combination"

"I can almost hear her terrified voice," Mira said. Yurio had a blank, almost disgusted look.

"He's way too into this performance."

"His step sequence is intense."

'I will cast an eternal curse on her. I am an evil witch!' Georgi did a scissor jump receiving and applause from the audience. 'My curse will cause her to sleep for eternity.' Georgi covered his face finishing the routine. The audience's cheers were loud.

"Georgi, I'm finally seeing a performance worthy of who you are," Yakov thought clapping.

"Georgi Popovich's short program score is 98.17. He is currently is second place."

"Oh, right. His ex is also competing in the Cup of China," Mila remembered.

"Seriously? That's gotta suck." Georgi's ex was watching in the audience with her new boyfriend.

"Leo de la Inglesia, age 19, from the United States." The male skated out on to the rink, the audience already cheering.

"Leo-kun's performance has been really polished ever since the first event," Phichit stated.

"The music is "Still Alive," choreographed by the skater himself.

'It's a song I like, so I just want to skate the way I see the music. That's all.' Leo's first jump came. A triple axel. 'I want to fill the whole world with things I like!'

"Man, Leo-kun's so cool," Guang-Hong said. Y/n walked over with Yūri to watch Leo skate from the TV.

"He's switched things up even more since Skate America," Phichit stated. Y/n watched in awe.

"Wow, he choreographed his routine himself? He's really good."

"Y/n-chan, you've never seen Leo-kun skate?" Guang-Hong asked.

"Uh..I kinda fell asleep before Skate America started. I only woke up in time to see the rankings." Y/n rubbed the back of her head sheepishly smiling.

"After winning Skate America, he is the closest among those competing in the Cup of China to qualifying for the Grand Prix Final." The audience applauded louder after Leo's spin. "There are no quads in his program, but he's earned high marks for the five program components, such as interpretation.

A triple flip, triple toe loop combination. He's nailing all the elements to go for a high score!"

A memory of himself attempting a jump and falling flashed through Leo's mind. He laid on the ice and lifted up his phone looking at what song was playing through his earbuds. 'All I know for sure is that I have no idea how I would've found courage in myself if I hadn't come across music.'

"A triple lutz."

"He nailed the last jump with a flourish!"

"This program maximizes Leo-kun's strengths," Yūri stated.

"That was Leo de la Inglesia from the United States. Head the crowd roar! That was a solid short program!

What an amazing program after Skate America! Leo de la Inglesia's short program score is 87.98." Leo's coach hugged him and he cheered happily.

"Thanks! Bravo!"

"He is currently in third place."

"Wow."

"Man, Leo-kun beat me, too," Phichit said. "Damn it..." Y/n giggled.

"The final skater is Christophe Giacometti, age 25, from Switzerland." Chris hugged his coach. "He's the silver medalist in last year's Grand Prix Final." Y/n stopped laughing.

"Shit."

"What's wrong?" Guang-Hong asked.

"Shit."

"Do you not like Chris?" Phichit asked next.

"Shit."

Yūri sighed. "Are we seriously going to do this again?"

Y/n nodded. "Shit."

"He's just oozing sex appeal," Minako said holding up a Switzerland banner with a blush on her cheeks. Chris winked causing her to fangirl.

'I thought it'd be a boring season without Viktor, but I dint want to lose to you, Yūri. Mature Eros is my specialty.'

"The music is "Intoxicated." He's planned a quadruple lutz right off the bat." Chris faltered slightly. "Oh, it turned into a triple."

'Oh well...I'll take it slow so I peak at the Grand Prix Final.'

"A combination spin. Beautiful position and speed."

Viktor came and joined the group watching on the tv. He stood behind Y/n and Yūri, wrapping an arm around Y/n's waist keeping her close as he leaned over Yūri's shoulder. "He said he wasn't finding motivation, but Chris never goes into a major slump. He's a slow starter, so he doesn't try to peak in the first event," Viktor explained. "But today, he's really going all out on sex appeal."

'Yūri, your innocent sex appeal is a violent force. I'm the only one in the world who can win against that.' Chris's step sequence led into a triple axel. The audience applauded and cheered. 'I won't be able to settle down until I show you how far ahead of you I am.'

"A triple flip followed by a triple toe loop."

"There he goes. His last spin is met with loud cheers from the crowd!"

Chris's cheeks were flushed extremely red. 'I think I'm gonna come...'

"Christophe Giacometti has delivered a euphoric short program! He's entranced us all!"

The audience was still cheering after Chris's performance. Minako was fangirling. "Chris!" Chris waved to the crowd. "He's a weapon of mass sex appeal."

"I guess today's sex appeal award goes to Chris," Yūri sighed.

"The ice looks soaking wet," Phichit said looking disgusted.

Y/n had a depanned expression. "Shoot me." Viktor squeezed her tightly nuzzling his nose against her cheek.

"No, don't be like that, Hime. I need you here for Yūri's free skate."

"H-Hime!?"

"Yeah. Printsessa...Hime. That is how you say it, right Yūri?" Yūri ignored him. "Yūri. Yūri, why're you ignoring me?" Viktor was completely oblivious to Yūri's jealous aura.

Y/n was having a mental freak out. 'Oh my gosh, this whole time he was calling me his princess! Viktor Nikiforov called me his princess and I didn't even know what the hell he was saying! God Y/n! Why didn't you learn Russian?' She didn't realize she was pacing until she walked into the wall.

"Christophe Giacometti's short program score is 85.60. He's ended the short program in fifth place."

"Huh?" Yūri tensed up. "Them am I..."

"I've still got a chance!" 6th place: Guang-Hong Ji

"I'm good at arching up. I'm confident about my free program." 5th place: Christophe Giacometti

"I'm gunning up to pass you in the free program, Yūri." 4th place: Phichit Chulanot

"I'll get my ticket to the Grand Prix Final with my free program!" 3rd place: Leo de la Inglesia

"Finishing in second is within my expectations for the short program. I won't lose to a third rate coach." 2nd place: Georgi Popovich

"At the end of the men's short program here at the Cup of China, Katsuki Yūri from Japan is in first place!"

1st place: Katsuki Yūri

"That boy isn't used to being in first place," Hiroko said with a smile. "I hope he'll be okay."

"Skater Katsuki, your thoughts on the upcoming free skate?"

"W-with my manager, Y/n, and coach, Viktor, I-I'll win with the power of love!"

Viktor came in behind Yūri holding up a peace sign. "Win, win!" Y/n came in on the other side doing the same.

"Win, win!"

A/n
Happy New Year everyone. And happy belated birthday Georgi

I survived the first Wednesday without Yuri!!! on ICE. But then I died.

Funny joke
The video stopped halfway through Chris's routine. It must've known what was coming.

Ha ha ha. Kill me now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.7K 10
This is Part II of my other book, Comeback. I strongly recommend you read the first book, COMEBACK, before reading this one. ❄️ This story features y...
349K 10.5K 37
(Y/n) (l/n). A star skater in Hasetsu, Kyushu. She has been skating for years. Ever since she was a kid, but every time someone like her friend, Yuko...
302K 7.9K 50
Shirayuki Mizore, an ice skater from Japan that's widely known. But after a fall she decides to take a break from her ice skating career, and for now...
188K 5K 13
Various x Reader stories featuring characters from Yuri On Ice. {Requests Closed}