Breathe Me

By d_arkening

In my panicked state I feel strong arms wrap around me, pulling me close. I inhale, his smell filling my sens... More

Introduction
1. The Tutor
2. Shiny New Toy
3. Sweetheart
4. Temple Kiss
5. Punching Bag
6. 110 MPH
7. I'm not opposed to whips
8. Pizza and an Emotional Massacre
9. Not so Subtle
10. I must not tell Lies
11. Kings, Queens, Charlies, and Aces
12. Demise of a Tree
13. Forget those Blue Eyes
14. Play Nice, Boys
15. Speak of the Devil
16. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
17. Intoxicated
Shameless Self Promo <3
19. Not One, but Two
20. In the Dark
21. Pete? More like Pinocchio
22. Bark before Bite
24. You Put the F-U-N in Funeral
25. You Can Have Me Whenever You Want Me

18. Does that make me Sound Possessive?

6.1K 211 96
By d_arkening

Aiden's P.O.V.

It's about five AM when I open my eyes for the first time. The headache opening my eyes brought made me close them again with a groan. After laying there for probabaly thirty minutes, I realize I'm not getting back to sleep. I attempt to open my eyes again and look to the side, the smallest movements hurting my head.

There's a note on my side table, so I reach for it, taking it in my hands. I have to strain my eyes to read the words on the page through the veil of darkness surrounding my room.

Aiden,
Morning!  Sorry about your headache. Take the medicine on the table and drink some water, then come see me in my room.
Love, Sweetheart <3

I smile at the note my adorable dork left for me. Setting the note back on the table, I do as I'm told. After finishing my water and pills, I get up and change into fresh sweatpants, leaving my upper half bare. I'm too lazy for any other clothing.

The only thing I do to myself aside from that is brush my teeth and spritz cologne on. My screwed up hair can wait till later. I grab my cigarette pack and phone before heading to Charlie's room.

I have to walk fairly slowly out of my room and down the hall because of the pounding headache. It feels like someone put machine guns in my head and said "yippee ki yay, motherfucker" before pulling the trigger.

The hall is obviously still mostly dark since it's night, but there's is a faint light coming from a night light plug-in in the wall. As I near Charlie's room, I can see light coming from under her closed door, probably from her lamp.

I twist the door knob and slowly push the door open. Charlie is sprawled out in the weirdest way. The comforter is no longer completely around her as one leg is laying on top of it and its wrinkled in a weird way, her hair is a tangled mess, and her limbs are all over the place. The sight of her in this adorable state makes me smile.

I remove my phone and cigarette pack from my pocket and set them on the bedside table before crawling into bed next to her. I can hear her making soft noises in her sleep and I promise it's the cutest thing on earth.

I reach for the comforter and slowly move it out from under her before laying it over her, making sure she's warm. I decide it's best not to wake her yet and instead reach for her tv remote, being sure to turn down the volume and brightness of the tv by a lot, both so as not to wake her and to spare my head from the torture.

My eyes fixate on the dim screen, watching the news do a segment on lions in Africa. That reminds me, my sister should be home on Tuesday. I'll have to tell Charlie that sometime soon.

Charlie takes me out of my thoughts when she turns to her side in her sleep, facing me. The movement made her a mere inch away from me, somehow easing some of the stress my headache was causing me. I take that chance to study her features. Her brown hair has a little bit of wave but not enough to be considered beach waves, her skin is almost perfect but I'm glad it's not as that's what helps make her who she is, her cheeks have a constant rosey aspect to them that deepens when she's embarrassed. I don't know what it is about her that originally caught my attention, but I'm glad she did, I don't know what I'd do without her. I'd probably be the same awful guy I was with a different girl on my arm every night.

I shake my head thinking about it, I never realized how much I truly hated the guy I was. Thank god she came along. I hate to say it, but I might be falling for her, maybe. Well, yeah. I am. I know I'm an asshole and I ignored her for a while but it was to protect her and damnit it was hard. I wanted nothing more than to be able to tell her everything but I was scared she'd get hurt.

I was also a little selfish, I didn't want to tell her for fear of her hating me, it would've killed me knowing she thought of me as a monster. I mean, after all, I hurt people for a living. It's sick what I do but I have no other option if I want Sam to think everything's okay.

Speaking of Sam, I think he's noticed something wrong between Charlie and I because he's gone back to being quiet like her used to. I'm hoping now that Charlie and I are back to talking, he'll open up again.

I'm laying flat on my back with my head on a pillow, watching the screen but not really paying attention when a hand reaches out to trace the lines of my abs. "What are you doing up so early?" Her voice is small and slow and her exhaustion is evident on her features.

"Couldn't sleep anymore, my headache was keeping me up." I say with a shrug, enjoying the calming feeling of having her close to me. I really have missed her a lot... "Go back to sleep, when you wake up we'll get Sam up and do something fun today before the party tonight." I had almost forgotten to tell her about the Halloween party I host here every year. I don't know how I'd manage to forget that but I guess I did.

"Aiden, it's Friday. It's a school day." She's says giving me a weird look.

"Charlie, it's the Friday before Halloween. We have today off." I use the same tone she used with me, mimicking her.

She rolls her eyes at me. "Oh yeah. But what party?" She questions.

"Did you not hear the part about go back to sleep? I'll tell you when you wake up, sweetheart." I move to put my arm around her and pull her flush against me. She lays her head on my chest, still allowing her hand to run across my stomach, absentmindedly.

"You should sleep too."

"Don't worry about me, Sweetheart. Im alright, just go back to bed." Reluctantly, she agrees and her eyes close. It doesn't take long for her hand to stop moving and her breathing to even out, letting me know she's asleep.

I spend the next four hours holding her and watching the stupid news channel because I can't reach the remote without moving Charlie. It still amazes me that she went from flinching at my slightest touch, to sleeping in my arms.

She stirs in her sleep just before waking her eyes. "Morning, sleeping beauty." I say to the mess of brown hair with a chuckle.

The sun shines through the window, right in her eyes, "Shut up, I'm not a morning person." She grumbles, burying her face into me again to shield her eyes.

"I figured that out for myself." I smile, hugging her. "Come on, baby." I kiss her forehead, coaxing her to get up.

"Ya'know, you should really stop that." She says, looking up at me.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "Stop what?"

"Kissing me like that." She says with a blush.

"Would you rather me kiss you here?" I kiss her nose, "or here?" I kiss her right cheek, "or here?" I lean forward and kiss just below her ear near her jaw. I feel her stiffen and relax as I plant small kisses along her jaw. When I pull away, her eyes are closed in enjoyment. I don't know where that confidence came from to make that move, but I'm so glad I did it.

While her eyes are still closed, I move closer to her until our faces are centimeters apart. My hands move to her waist, making her breath hitch. I take one last moment to work up the bravery to actually kiss her.

Now, I know I've kissed her before, but I hadn't known her as long then. My infatuation with her wasn't as strong. She makes me so nervous yet excited at the same time.

I close the gap between us and press my lips to hers. Without hesitation, she kisses me back making me smile through our kiss. The kiss gets a little more passionate so I move to her neck, kissing and lightly biting. I hear a small moan escape her, encouraging me to continue.

After a few moments, I pull away, studying the dark mark I left on her skin. I look at her face, a strong blush covers her cheeks and she can't seem to make eye contact with me.

She's probably too nervous to talk to me for now so I say, "Get ready to leave the house and meet me downstairs." I start to get up but stop and look back at her, meeting her gaze. "And don't cover that mark with anything." I didn't know it was possible to be proud of a hickey, but I'm proud to have made that mark on her. Does that make me sound possessive?

<3

Charlie's P.O.V.

"And don't cover that mark with anything." Aiden turns and walks out the door, leaving me breathless and definitely wanting more.

My hand goes to my neck where he left a mark. The skin there still tingled along with all the other places his skin touched mine. A huge smile broke out across my face.

Aiden likes me oh my god he really likes me!

I do a tiny happy dance while sitting up in bed before I slide out and grab some clothes to wear.

I have a smaller chest so in a hoodie, no one would know I don't have a bra on, so I just throw on Aiden's gray hoodie and a pair of black skinny jeans with some converse. I was about to head downstairs when I remembered the hickey.

I walked towards the bathroom and was getting out some makeup to hide it when Aiden's words came back to my mind.

He said not to cover it. So does that mean he wants people to see it, or maybe he wants to see it? It's a good thing he doesn't want it hidden because he wasn't careful about it at all. It's fairly dark and I doubt my drugstore makeup could successfully cover it.

So instead of hiding it, I throw my hair up in a messy bun to make it completely obvious. I smile at the mark in the mirror before grabbing my new phone I got a few days ago off the night stand. I catch sight of another phone along with a pack of cigarettes. I grab those as well, aiming to return them to Aiden. Before I leave the room, I put my new number in Aiden's phone, labeling the contact Sweetheart <3.

I turn the tv off and walk out of my room to head downstairs. The sight I come to is adorable.

I've become accustomed to all the guys just being here all the time even though they don't all live here, so there all laughing at the scene as well. Small Sammy is tackling Aiden, who of course isn't really fighting back. I can't decide which one I find more adorable, Aiden or Sammy.

After a few minutes of laughing at the two, Aiden picks Sam up and sets him down on his feet. "Come on, Sam, we're goin out." Aiden smiles.

Sam's face lights up and he runs towards the garage door. "Yayyyyyyyy!" He's so hyper, he's practically made of sugar.

I feel all eyes on Aiden and I as he walks towards me, pecking me on the lips like it's normal. His hand goes to my neck as he softly brushes a few baby hairs away from the bruise, smirking at his creation.

I guess I never expected him to be the dominating type but when he speaks in my ear, I can practically feel the power radiating through his words, "You probably shouldn't display it like that, it'll make me want to add to the canvas." Canvas being my skin. I shivered as his arm snaked around my waist. That one moment has basically changed the entire atmosphere between us. It was calm and cool, now it's filled with tension and dare I be cliche enough to say it, desire.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Liam look pissed while handing money to a smirking Ace. Aiden follows my gaze to them and voices my thoughts, "what are you two idiots doing?"

"Well, Liam here has lost a bet." Ace says with a smug smile.

"I hate you." Liam says to ace, not looking at him. Ace just smiles more, enjoying it.

"What bet?" I ask, still not moving away from Aiden who doesn't seem as though he would want to let me go even if I tried to get away.

"I said you guys wouldn't get together before next week, he said you would." Liam grumbles.

"T-Together..?" I stutter but before I can say anything else, Aiden kisses me again, in front of all of them. Not like a small kiss, like a full on kiss.

You'd think I'd be embarrassed but my amrs just go up around his neck as I stand on my tip toes to reach his height. His hands on my waist pull me against him.

"Awe how cute," I hear Carter, "now go do that somewhere else before I throw up."

Aiden pulls back, smiling at me. I'm a little stunned by this action but then I realize that Aiden isn't embarrassed about showing PDA. He's not really embarrassed of much of anything.

"Come on, Sweetheart, lets go to the car." He takes my hand and walks towards the car in the garage.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. Sam is already sitting in the backseat of a Mustang playing with a Hot Wheel.

"Not telling." He starts, "but I will tell you we'll meet up with the guys around 2 to set up party stuff."

"Party?" What party?

"Oh yeah, I forgot to say this." He turns to me with a bright smile. "I heard about a Halloween party I'm hosting, would you like to be my date?" He smirks.

"Yes, only because that pickup line was kinda pathetic and I feel like I have to go to make you feel better about yourself." I laugh. A party hosted by him? Not hard to believe.

"Everyone in school's gonna be there. I host it every year with the guys." He informs me.

I lower my volume, "what are you going to do with Sam?"

"He'll stay with Halley." He says.

"By the way, I was curious, how did Halley get that scar on her cheek? I saw it when you dropped Sammy off there before the game." I asked.

He stiffens a little but I lay my hand on his which was resting on the center console of the car, making him relax again. "I do happen to have friends who fight as well. Her opponent cheated." I understood what he meant. The opponent must've hid a knife when they went into the ring.

I shivered at the thought of that happening to me. I'd been cut pretty deep by a knife by my father but never like that.

I felt Aiden lace his fingers with mine, bringing a smile to my face.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I hope that was a good chapter, I liked it, but still I'm a terrible author so whatever. I hope you enjoyed it!

Btw, thank you so much for showing so much support for this book! I've had a ton of reads and votes! It means the world to me and I love you all!

I want to apologize for this chapter being shorter than planned, I had some issues writing it and then I decided to split up one really big chapter into two chapters instead of just the one. Hopefully my next chapter will be longer.

Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT! Comments and votes make my day! <3

- Nyx S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
485K 9.5K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
374K 9.6K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ง...
580K 51.7K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...