In Your Arms (Edward Elric x...

By smolbeanjenna

You've known the Elric brothers for as long as you can remember. When you were only 3, your parents died in t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note #2
Chapter Nine
Author's Note #3
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen: A Fourth of July Special
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Special Chapter
Author Q and A!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Cover Contest
Cover Contest Results
Update

Chapter Twenty Four: Christmas Special

3K 118 159
By smolbeanjenna

((A/N: omg I literally have an hour and a half to type this because my siblings still believe in Santa and my mom wants us to go to bed early so he can come, meaning I get no privileges :/ but I believe in myself! Right now it's Christmas Eve for me, but I'll post it on Christmas to make your day better. Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all so much!))

NOTE: If any of you guys live anywhere other than the United States, I'm very sorry! This chapter is based of of the American Christmas tradition. But enjoy!

Yawning, you sat up from your bed. What time was it? And what day was it?

Oh! Christmas Eve!

And the only problem was, you didn't have a present for Ed and Al yet. You started worrying and freaking out. Why were you so last minute about everything?! That's the famous Crimson Blood Alchemist, for you. She can't even remember to get her best friends a present for Christmas.

It's okay, you thought. I still have time. Christmas is tomorrow. Do they even have my present yet?

You sighed and got dressed into (outfit of choice, shoes of choice, makeup or no makeup). It was very cold outside! Too bad it wasn't snowing. You haven't seen snow in a long time, since where you used to live had warmer temperature and it wasn't cold enough to snow there. Maybe tomorrow..

You didn't know whether to go tell Ed and Al you were going shopping, since you didn't want them to come with you, of course. You decided to leave a little note that you would be gone for a few hours and that you were fine, and you'd be back soon.

Sneaking out of the house, you closed the door gently, grabbed your purse, and started walking to some nearby stalls and stores.

What would Ed like? Books? And what about Al?

You thought as hard as you could for what they would want, and you really hoped they would like it. You decided to get Ed some new jeans, a new shirt, and a Christmas sweater, since he never wears anything but that black tank top. Al's presents were kind of hard to think of, because you had to think of what he couldn't do. He does like cooking, even though he can't eat anything.

If I get him cooking stuff.. would he get upset? Would that remind him of how he can't eat? Sleep? Feel hot and cold?

Now you were really confused. You really didn't want him to be upset on Christmas. You started to think really hard of what he would like..

What's something you could get him that would occupy him for a long time while Ed sleeps? During the night?

Oh, a game console! Perfect! You could get him a game console, a couple of games, and maybe a cook book? Sounded good to you.

After doing all of your shopping, you were pretty satisfied. However, you did have to sneak back into the house once to check Ed's clothing sizes, which sounded kind of creepy, but it had to be done.

Walking back home, you forgot one thing. Christmas wrap and bows! You couldn't just give it to them unwrapped. You quickly ran down to the nearest store and went to look for Christmas wrap. Running down the aisle, you realized you were out longer than you thought. It was 5:30 pm! You definitely had to get back soon.

You looked at all the wrap, and was deciding which one you wanted when you heard a familiar voice. "Hey, (Y/N)!"

The blonde saw you and waved. She wasn't in her military uniform, so seeing her like this was kind of nice. Especially at Thanksgiving dinner, you thought she was beautiful.

"Hello, Mrs. Riza! What are you doing here at this hour?" You asked politely.

"I actually forgot wrapping paper last minute. I'm getting the Colonel a few gifts and I completely forgot about wrapping them."

Aw! They could really be a couple. Maybe they secretly were? Riza never mentions her love life to anyone, so you didn't know.

"Haha.. me too.. Ed and Al are gonna freak out. All I left was a note today, and I left early this morning."

"Oh? I just saw them about ten minutes ago. They were looking for you. I figured they had already found you.."

Oh crap! They can't find me yet!

"T-thanks for telling me! I have to get home quick! Merry Christmas Lieutenant!"

"You too, (Y/N)!"

Running to the cash register, there was a huge line.

And I mean huge.

Ughhh! Why today?!

You thought of getting your pocket watch from your purse and skipping the line, but that would be too rude. Everyone has family and friends to get back too, so you couldn't just do that. On the table next to you, there were a few hats and pairs of sunglasses. You put both of them on and waited in line.

But suddenly..

"(Y/N)!!! You in here?" A voice called from the front doors of the store.

Stay still and silent. Look away, don't answer, you told yourself.

You could see them both running through all of the aisles, looking for you. You thought you were good and they didn't notice you, but the man behind you thought otherwise.

"Hey! I recognize that (color) hair.. are you the Crimson Blood Alche-" You clamped a hand over his mouth and responded with a whisper. "Shhh... yes, yes it's me. Please be quiet about it, my friends are here and I can't let them see me with their gifts."

He nodded and turned his attention to something else. As soon as the Elrics left the store, you sighed with relief and took the hat and sunglasses off.

"So.. can I get an autograph?" The man asked.

"Me too, please!"

"Woah, that's Crimson Blood, isn't it?"

"The youngest female alchemist to ever pass!"

"An autograph, please?"

Oh gosh. All the voices from the people in the store were killing you.

And everyone else started to yell, wanting an autograph or a picture or something. You didn't know being famous could be such a hassle..

You took a deep breath and announced what you needed to say to the store.

"Listen everyone. I can do autographs and pictures and stuff.. but my problem is, my friends are looking for me and worrying about me because I didn't tell them I was going on shopping. And I'm stuck here waiting in line for some Christmas wrap. But I'll try to get as many autographs done as I can, okay?"

Everyone got silent.

"Oh, sweetie, come up here. You can get in front of me. We wouldn't want your friends to worry too much, now would we?" An old lady said at the front of the line.

"Yeah, she's right. If she's giving us autographs out of her own kindness, even when her friends are worrying about her, let her in the front of the line!" A tall man in the back of the line said.

The whole store cheered and clapped.

Wow.. Amestris is just full of nice people. They were all full of kind spirit today.

"Thank you very much!" You bowed to the old lady, and then to everyone in the store.

"No need! Thank you for your service, Crimson Blood." She replied, smiling, making room in line for you.

More clapping came from the people of the store as you bought your wrapping paper and gave as many autographs as you could, and actually got a lot of photos done.

Grabbing your stuff, you thanked everyone again and ran for home, gifts and wrapping paper in hand.

Nearing home, you stopped at a bench to wrap your presents as quick as you could. Most of present shapes were squares, so that made everything a lot easier. You were finally done, and you headed home. Casually walking through the front door, Ed and Al sat on the sofa, and Ed looked worried.

"(Y/N)!" The both yelled at the same time.

"Where were you?! We were worried sick!"

"I told you I'd be gone for a few hours! I was out Christmas shopping for a certain pair of brothers who can't leave a girl alone for a day!" You joked with them, placing all the presents under the tree.

You had put up the tree earlier on that week, and Ed accidentally broke a whole box of ornaments, and then fell off the roof while putting lights up.

"Oh.. that's right.. we forgot all about Christmas being tomorrow. But we thought you had got kidnapped or something.. you know." Al said.

"Don't worry about me. If I was trying to be kidnapped subconsciously, I would run straight for you guys or fight them myself if there weren't too many of them."

You sighed and sat on the couch. "I'm exhausted."

"Us too.. we ran around all evening looking for you." Ed said.

"Sorry for going out without telling you directly.. I won't do it again." You replied, slightly smiling.

"It's okay.. we worry too much." Al said, and laughed.

The three of you went to bed, and couldn't wait for what tomorrow would bring.

You were the first to wake up that morning, and ran to Ed and Al's room and screamed, "Merry Christmas!" while doing an impression of Santa Clause.

Ed got up and laughed. "Ho ho ho!"

He did a better impression than you did, which made you giggle.

"Okay, lets do presents."

You actually got to open yours first, and what the boys got you was actually shocking.

You opened Al's present first, which was a Christmas dress and a few alchemy books. Wow, he was thoughtful.

"Wow, thanks Al! It's super cute! And I'll definitely study these books."

What Ed got you was kind of unexpected.

Opening the box carefully, you pulled out a new pair of shoes, a book by your favorite author, a pair of fuzzy socks, and a diamond necklace.

"Woah! Is this real?!"

"Sure is!" He responded, grinning.

Ed went all out on his gift..

"Thanks Ed. This is amazing. Will you put the necklace on me?" You said, walking over to him.

"S-sure.." He said. His left hand was so warm. Was he blushing?

The necklace was so beautiful and thoughtful. You also went to go change into the dress that Al bought you, and also the new shoes Ed got you.

"How do I look?"

"G-good- I mean amazing!" Ed blurted out.

"Yeah!" Alphonse responded.

You smiled and blushed. You went over to go hug them both.

"Best Christmas ever." You whispered when you hugged Ed.

"I know, right?" He responded, and you could tell he was smiling.

After the boys opened their presents, the three of you cooked Christmas dinner and ate. There was so much food! From ham to green bean casserole to peach cobbler! What an amazing dinner.

After dinner, Alphonse jokingly grabbed a piece of mistletoe and walked over to you and Ed, holding it over you both.

"Alphonse!" You both angrily said.

"I'm just kidding! Why are you both blushing so much?"

"ALPHONSE!" You both yelled, chasing after him.

Christmas was such an amazing holiday. You were able to spend in with your bestest friends in the world, and you all even went outside and played in the snow, just like you did when you were little.

Laying down that night in Ed's fuzzy socks he bought you, you thought to yourself about things you usually did, before saying something aloud.

"You know, I would have kissed you under the mistletoe today if you would have let me, metal freak."

Yawning, drowsiness swept over you, and you fell asleep.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 16.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
313K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
180K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...