The Geek and The Girl โžธ Baekh...

By sangsterswag

"I'm the geek, and you're the girl. It could never work." Byun Baekhyun; the schools geek. Y/L/N Y/N; the sc... More

||Prolouge||
||One||
||Two||
||Three||
||Five||
||Six||
||Seven||
||Eight||
||Nine||
||Ten||
||Eleven||
||Twelve||
||Thirteen||
||Fourteen||
||Fifteen||
||Sixteen||
||Seventeen||
||Eighteen||
||Nineteen||
||Twenty||
||Twenty One||
||Twenty Two||
||Twenty Three||
||Twenty Four||
||Twenty Five||
100k
Continuing?

||Four||

12.2K 551 727
By sangsterswag

|Y/N Y/L/N|

I felt my eye brows furrow together.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her."

What does that even mean?

I took a deep breath, put on a confused look and pushed the door open.

Immediately both of them stared at my wide eyed.

"Y/N!" Ying coughed, then started fake smiling.

I looked over at Baekhyun.

"Why are you with him?" I questioned, making it sound like they were up to no good. (Which they were, but I meant it in that way.)

Baekhyun tripped over the soap bucket at that comment.

"N-nothing! Just talking that's all." Ying said.

"Hm about what?" I edged her on.

"Nothing Y/N." her tone became dark.
"Now lets get going."

She grabbed my arm, but instead of letting her pull me, I stayed put.

"Baekhyun did you want to go grab something to drink so we can discuss our project?"

He stood there awkwardly. "I uh guess so."

"Y/N! I really don't think that's a good idea-" Ying sang nervously, pulling my arm once more.

"What is your problem? Why does it matter to you so much if I am around him? Honestly he's just another guy."

~+~+~+~+~

|Byun Baekhyun|

I ended up getting out of class later then I wanted, due to my science teacher lecturing me about paying attention in class.

Well sorry but I'd rather doodle on the desk then listen to you.

When I finished going to my locker, I made my way down the hallway and just as I was about to turn the corner I felt somebody pull me; into the janitor closet?

This isn't like one of those scenes in a movie where you uh...have...sex in the janitors closet right?! Where the girl spills her love for you!? I'm not ready!

After mentally panicking I noticed the one person I didn't want to come in contact with ever.

Kim Ying.

"What." I said blankly.

She glared at me. "Why are you hanging around Y/N? Touching her? Did it ever occur to you that you two were in the middle of the hallway and that students could see you?"

"Listen sweetheart, I get you're worried about your reputation. Well listen up, she happened to link arms with me, talk with me. And she even stood up for me."

I could literally picture the steam coming out of the black haired girls ears.

"She stood up for you?"

"Yep." I popped the p. "Told the girl who said she would block me from talking to her that I'm just like her and not a quote on quote 'loser'."

Ying became beet red.

"Oh! And she may have even given me a little peck on the cheek." I smiled cheekily, pointing to my cheek.

Obviously that was a lie.

Ying clenched her fists.
"I thought I told you to stay away from her."

Flashbacks to seventh grade appeared in my mind, and even as witty as I was, I couldn't hold back the look of slight fear.

Suddenly the door to the janitor closet flung open and she appeared.

Great timing.

Ying immediately put on a fake nervous smile, trying to persuade her friend nothing was happening. But by the look on Y/N's face she knew something was up.

The two argued back and for for a minute until Ying grabbed Y/N's arm, motioning for them to leave.

But instead of leaving with her best friend, she stayed.

"Baekhyun did you want to go grab something to drink so we can discuss our project?" She asked softly, looking up at me with her deep e/c eyes.

I felt my body tense. Just thinking about being with her alone made my nerves fly.

"I uh guess so." Were the only words that actually left my mouth.

"Y/N! I really don't think that's a good idea-" Ying sang nervously, pulling Y/N's arm once again.

"What is your problem? Why does it matter to you so much if I am around him? Honestly he's just another guy." Y/N said angrily.

'Just another guy.'

Usually hearing those words would make me feel not so great.

But when she said them I felt...normal.

Y/N didn't even wait for a response before nodding her head for me to follow her, and she walked away at a fast pace. I had to slightly jog to catch up.

We walked down the street in silence, and well it was kinda awkward.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzz and the LOL theme played. (League of Legends.)

"Ahh uh sorry." I stated awkwardly, suddenly shy.

I'm such a geek.

I answered it, and it was my best friend Chanyeol.

"BYUN BAEKHYUN! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I pulled my phone away from my ear, this kid was so loud!

I looked at Y/N, she could clearly hear him and she giggled.

I repeat, giggled.

"Why do you ask?" I placed the phone back to my ear.

"Don't you remember? Tae, Soo, Jin, you and I were meeting up at the cafe to plan our battle for the LOL Championship!"

I face palmed. Not mentally in person.

"Aish! I forgot! Something came up after school.."

I thought a moment, and then placed my phone on my shoulder.

I need to tell Y/N I can't plan our project.

I was about to speak, but she did first.

"I know you have to meet with the boys..." she then bit her lip.  "Could I..maybe go with you?"

She wanted to come hang with me and my friends!?

What is up with her?
First, this is literally the most I've ever talked to her in a day, second she's stood up for me, sat with me and even asked to well be seen with me after school!?

"Uh sure."

I put the phone up again.

"I'll be there soon..also can I bring uhm..a friend?"

I didn't know what to call her.

"Yea whatever just hurry!! Taehyung is becoming so impatient and is starting to throw French fries at Kyungsoo. And you and I both know that, that won't end well."

"Were on our way." I laughed, ending the call.

I nodded for us to continue walking.

There was silence again, and finally Y/N broke it.

"Nice ringtone by the way." She looked at me smiling. "The LOL theme is quite great isn't it?"

Wait..how did she know that?

"How did you know tha-"

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me. Like I've said, don't judge a book by its cover." She smiled at me.

~+~+~+~

It was awkward. Just purely awkward.

I sat next to Y/N in one of the booths while the four boys (no idea how the hell they fit) sat across from us.

They all stared at Y/N.

Chanyeol coughed.

"So uh about the strategy.."

Suddenly Y/N interrupted. "You gotta know your enemy.." she said softly, then looked at the five of us.

"Huh?"

"Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." She quoted smiling softly. "Not having a map of awareness is not knowing your enemy. The most important things in League of Legends would be levelling, gold farming and map awareness"

All of them stared at her shocked, as did I, but I had time to get over the fact that the most popular girl in school played league of legends.

"That was just logistics...I didn't even start on strategy." Her smile became wider and suddenly they boys were joining her.

~

"Karthus is so badass." Y/N said while taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Ziggs though!" I smiled, checking my watch.

"Oh dang, it's already 6:30. I gotta get home for dinner."

Y/N checked the time on her phone.
"Yea I should get going to."

"Awwwwww." Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Seokjin and Taehyung all said in unison.

Y/N chuckled. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Sorry we didn't get to work on our project." I said, shrugging.

"It's fine this was totally worth it. Oh, by the way.." she took a pen out of her backpack and held out her hand.

"What?" I asked.

"Give me your hand." She said in an obviously tone, and I slowly extended my arm out.

As soon as her skin touched mine I felt tingles spread up my arm. It was a weird sensation, and the only question I had was why?

Clicking the top of the pen, she wrote down some numbers.

"Here's my number. We're gonna have to talks to each other often for this project right?"

Right...we're only talking because of the project.

I nodded. "Yea..well see you tomorrow."

"See you. Bye guys!" She waved at my friends smiling.

Before she stepped outside, she turned back to look at me.

"Bye you red headed dork."

And at that moment I felt my heart flutter.

~

Hey dudes! I updated :)

Also...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!

(J) Hope you all have a good time with family, today and tomorrow :)) <3

~ Hailey xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741K 24.2K 60
โ›โ› โ” do I know you?โœโœ in which an idol find his match. ยฉnadfangirline
175K 5.8K 28
"i'm glad i found all of you" - - - - ryeo ara adopting 7 hybrids she treasures. but they aren't as innocent as they seem to be.
5.4K 51 1
ูŠุญูƒู‰ ุงู† ุงู„ู‚ู…ุฑ ูˆุงู„ุดู…ุณ ูˆู‚ุนูˆุง ุจุญูุจ ุจุนุถู‡ู…ุง ูˆู„ูƒู† ุนู„ู…ูˆุง ุงู† ู…ู† ุงู„ู…ุณุชุญูŠู„ ุงู† ูŠุฌุชู…ุนูˆุง ุณูˆูŠุงู‹ ุฑุบู… ุนุดู‚ู‡ู…ุง ู„ุจุนุถู‡ู…ุง ุงูุชุฑู‚ุง .. ูˆู„ูƒู† ุฎู„ู‚ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ู„ู‡ู…ุง ุงู„ู€"ุฎุณูˆู" ู„ูŠู„ุชู‚ูŠุงู†...
61K 2.3K 32
In which Lee Haneul needed to repay Do Kyungsoo, a man who was always cautious about how he lived after what happened in the past. โStop following m...