Royal Claims (Royals #1)

By booklovertash

"Do you ever get the feeling where you want to scream and rip out all your hair, where you want to crawl into... More

Authors Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Notes
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors notes
Chapter 10 part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Bonus Chapter
Sequel
Sequel is Up

Chapter 24

3.2K 117 4
By booklovertash

Chapter 24

When I get up in the morning I am glad to be getting out the house and away from Tyler. At breakfast Jefferson made small talk and I like him enough to talk back. Clark also started up a conversation and said I should visit him with Travis of course. Tyler was very smug when all us stark children had to leave to get ready for school. I put on some bright blue jeans, a cream long sleeved shirt and my leather jacket. I grabbed my bag and went to wait by Travis’s car, where I saw Tyler with a book and pen in his hand.

“What are you doing?” I ask as he approached.

“Going to school why?” I look to see my father at the door. I could tell he was not impressed but I also knew if I didn’t let him tag along then it could cause trouble between his father and mine.

“Whatever. But you follow Travis around not me.” I climb into the car as Travis opens it.

“Well that’s good, because they would have put you in the same classes.” I try not to smile because Travis and I only have two classes together. Tabitha was excited that Tyler was coming and they both started flirting with each other.

“You’re kidding me right. She is only 14 and you’re what, 20?” I say disgusted at him.

“No I am 19, and you won’t talk to me, so I am finding someone who will.” I don’t mention that his talking is flirting. When we arrive at school I am the first out, making my way to my locker mad. I put my stuff in and slam it shut.

“Whoa, don’t get your panties in a twist my flower.” I growl at him and face Tyler. With no parents or my father watching, I can lash out, at him.

“I am not your flower and call me that again and I will make sure you are sterilized. The only reason you are here is to make my father happy, otherwise I would hang you up by your balls for everyone to see.” I feel anger slipping through my bloodlust. I take a few deep breaths and it calms a bit.

“Whoa Nikki, I never knew you were such a tiger. I can already imagine the sex we would have. I would rock your world Nikki, you would never want to be with another man.” His tone is very seductive but I am too mad now. I am about to lash out at him very badly when someone has their hand on my shoulder.

“Nikki, do I need to take you outside for a bit.” I nod my head at Cole’s voice, as he guides me outside and I know Tyler is following. “Ok, know let go.” I scream bloody murder and a few mature vampires come and make sure I am fine. When they see I am with Cole screaming my lungs out they watch as I go from pure rage to ok. Once I am done Cole passes me a bottle of water and I skull the whole thing down.

“Nikki, whoa, you can scream like. I have been telling you when you Mature come and find me.” He smirks and I am so tempted to punch his face in.

“Nikki how are you feeling?” Cole ask like he has been every day.

“Ok I guess. I still feel rage but not as bad.” I shrug and pick up my bag. The bell rings and I walk to class. “Travis went that way.” I point to Tyler.

“Do you think I am stupid? I know they would never put you in the same class. You are stuck with me flower.” I look over to Cole who looks very pissed.

“Whatever, just don’t get in the way.” I brush past him and into homeroom where all the girls swoon the moment they see him.

“Ok everyone settle down and young man what are doing in this class flirting with all the young vampire girls.” Gotta love fairies, they cannot lie.

“I was following Nikki around I am Tyler, Tyler Gracefelid.”  He extends his hand and the teacher shakes it.

“Ah yes, Tyler Gracefelid, playboy who is a heart breaker. All the women swoon in cloud nine when you have them, but fall to the depths of hell once you have screwed them over.” I smile and just earned a whole heap of respect for our teacher.

“Yes that may be true but they sure do have a bloody good time in cloud nine.” Most girls sigh and I really want to stab him with my pen. Tyler is watching me very closely and once homeroom is done I rush out of there trying to escape him.

“You know that’s not going to work.” Tyler says when he found me. I am about to say something when I see Vixen.

“Nikki you have no idea how glad I am to see you.” I laugh and give her a huge hug.

“Oh my god your face is so smooth. You have to tell me what product you use.” I grin at her.

“You know, just a bit of cream here and there. It does the trick.” She and I are both laughing hysterical when we walk into class and Tyler is very lost.

“Nikki you going to let me on this secret.” Vixen takes a seat next to me so Tyler pulls up a chair into the middle in the isle and straddles the chair backwards.

“Nope, not a chance in hell!” I turn back to Vixen who has her eyebrows raised. I pull out my phone to text her. I talked to her last night about Tyler but never gave him a name. He was always called dickface.

“Ahh I understand now.” She has I wicked grin and I can see the wheels turning inside that pretty little head of hers.  “Tyler, you do know flirting with Nikki will get you nowhere.”

“Really and why is that?” He is very curious know and I think I know where Vixen is going with this.

“Well duh she likes girls.” Vixen’s face is so serious and Tyler looks dumbfounded.

“What do you mean, likes girls?”

“Well she is lesbian, didn’t you know that we are a couple.” She links our hand and gives mine a kiss. I make my eyes go all lovely dovey.

“You’re shitting me right.” We shake our heads and lean in to kiss each other for effect. But of course Vixen used a spell to make it look like we are getting hot and heavy in front of Tyler but no one else.

“Love you babe.” I say.

“Love you too.” We both smile trying very hard not to laugh.

“No way. I cannot believe this. Oh god I think that just made me hard watching that.” He groans. Ok that is not what I wanted to hear.

“So will you leave me alone and follow Travis like a lost puppy now?” He shakes his head still in shock but of course that didn’t last long.

“You know they are both lying right?” God I want to kill Abigale.

“What do you mean, lying?” Tyler turns around to face a very smug Abigale.

“They just used a spell on you to make it look like they were pashing. Vixen and Nikki are not lesbian I will tell you that.” Vixen and I are both shooting daggers at Abigale.

“Really Nikki, know that makes everything more interesting.” He rubs his hands together and I bang my head on our desk. When class starts I have trouble paying attention with Tyler who keeps looking over my shoulder and talking to me.

“Miss Stark, do I need to see you at lunch for talking in class?” I go to open my mouth but I don’t even bother.

“No sir, sorry it won’t happen again.” I go back to coping what’s on the board and give up so I flip to the back of my book and start drawing. Vixen of course is writing this all down and I will get her to use a spell to copy it later. We always take turns. One day she will write and I will do the other.

“Nikki you do know this is not art?” Tyler says assumed by what I am drawing, which is a girl running through a forest.

“Miss Stark, do I need to ask you again about talking?”

“Sir I swear it is not me. Tyler keeps talking to me, I am just trying to do my work and he keeps distracting me.” I say all sweet and innocent.  

“Ok, let me see your work then.” Shit. I look to Vixen who is smiling. Our teacher looks at my work and nods.

“Mr Gracefelid if you are going to cause trouble, you will have to sit outside and I don’t care who your father is.” Tyler is silent for the rest of the lesson and I actually get some work done. When class is done we head over to supernatural history.  Today we were learning about the vampire history which I knew because dad was making me learn it. Let me tell you this the vampire history is out right boring as hell.

“So the first world war, can anyone tell me what that was about.” No one is answering so I speak up.

“The first world war was between vampires and werewolves. It started when both species were accusing each other of killing millions. Later it was found out that the leader of the rouge vampire’s planted ideas into both the vampire leader King Sadanot and the werewolf leader Lucas. It was said that they both went mad which was what started to war. It ended when the leader of the rouge vampires gave the idea that if each of the leaders killed themselves the war would end. Of course they did because they were both under the influence of compulsion. It was when the new leaders stepped in that the war ended and they came to a peace agreement which was later broken causing the start of World War 2.” Most of the class is looking at me like they didn’t even know I was in this class.

“You seem very knowledgeable Miss Stark.” I shrug my shoulder not wanting to elaborate.

“Ok Miss Stark is correct.” He goes on and on about information I already know, Tyler is being a pest. We have one more class before lunch which is art. I pull out my project and Tyler whistles when he sees it. It is a picture of a huge bed in a room. The women is lying on her stomach resting on her arms with the sheet hanging at her waist and her whole upper body is naked and her dark hair is fanned out over the white pillow. The man is resting on his elbow looking down at the women with adoration. I am still working on it but so far I have the top half done.

“Whoa, that is just,” I smile to myself proud of my work. I pull out the paint and start to work on the man’s upper body. I have three paint brushes one in each hand and one in my mouth. Tyler for the first time all day is quiet as he watches me paint. I close my eyes and remember what Cole’s chest looked like and use that for inspiration. Half of the man’s chest is already done but he is missing something in all the white. I pick up a thin black brush and paint on Cole’s arm tattoo. It is amazing how easy it is to remember even with the complexity of it.

“Nikki keep up the good work, it looks amazing.” I smile at my teacher who is looking at my painting. “Class, everyone gather around I would like you all to see Nikki’s painting.” The class gets up and I hear a lot of whoa’s when they see it. The theme was intimacy. Lots of people did kissing but I knew there were other was to be intermit, like looks, which is showing on the man’s face.

When everyone get back to their art works I continue on mine. I hang the sheet low on the man showing his defined ‘v’ that appears. I lose myself in the painting I didn’t even realise it was lunch until someone cleared there throat.

“Nikki it’s lunch.” I look up to see Cole and Vixen.

“I finally get to see it.” Vixen is jumping up and down. I have been telling her about this project for a while but she has never gotten the chance to see it.

“It’s not finished of course.” When she comes around she gasp.

“It’s… it’s…”

“Very sexual.” Tyler finishes and Vixen shakes her head.

“No it’s not that. It’s beautiful the look on his face as he is watching her is just breathtaking.” I smile and I am surprised Cole has not come around to look.

“You can have a look too Cole.” He smiles and I find it sweet that he was waiting for permission. This is the first time he is seeing any of my work, I am nervous at what he will think. The moment he sees it his face is full of passion that I blush and turn away because I don’t recognise the reaction.

“Nikki it’s just breathtaking, beautiful and Vixen I see what you mean.” They are both studying it with a close eye.

“It’s not done of course I still need to finish the women and the man needs a few more details. Then the bed need to be done and the light that is going to come through a window here, that will cast light over the women’s body lighting up part of the man’s face.” I show them what is to be done and they all nod. I pack everything up and put the panting away. We all head to lunch and Tyler trails behind.

“As much as I would love to have lunch with you my flower, I am going to see your bro.” He grins leaving us alone. Thank God.

“Thank god he is gone.” We all sit down and Vixen jumps in.

“That painting Nikki, I wanted to say more but with him there,” She looks at Cole and I blush “I am guessing the man and women are you two.” I blush even harder and look down embarrassed.

“Don’t be embarrassed Nikki, it is very beautiful and intermit. I feel honoured that you painted us.” I look up to see him smiling.

“It wasn’t meant to be us, but something was missing and it just seemed right.” I blush again. I hate blushing.

“I can’t wait until it is done. It also makes me wonder what else you have been drawing.” I bite my lip and Vixen coughs. I pull out my sketch book and shove it at both of them closing my eyes. They will see lots of drawings of many thing.

“Nikki is this what you were doing in class the first time we meet.” I nod. It is a drawing of Cole’s back and he is slumped in his chair not caring.

“Oh!” Vixen says and I know they are at the one of Cole’s chest. “Nikki you detail is amazing.” They keep flipping though and Vixen laughs and I know they are at the one of her.

“Nikki these are amazing, you should become an artist.” I wish I could. That is what I always wanted to do but I guess I can never live that dream.

“Ok, can I have it back?” Vixen passes it to me and I put it back in my bag.  I look at my fingers to see they are covered in paint “I will be back.” I get and head to the bathrooms to wash off the paint. On my way back I run into Tyler.

“Flower.” I keep walking but he catches up “So what classes do we have next?”  Oh no. We have bloodlust next.

“I don’t think you should come to our next class.” I sit back down with Vixen and Cole and Tyler sits very close next to me.

“Come on flower. What is in your next class that you don’t want me there?”

“It’s personal and I don’t want you there. Go and find someone to play hooky with.” I am surprised when he reaches in my bag and pulls out my timetable. “You cannot go through my bag.” I reach over to get the paper but he pulls it away.

“Advanced bloodlust. Nikki you said you were what 16.” I hit him in the arm and he laughs.

“My father is making Travis and I take the class, don’t get any ideas.”

“Tyler she asked you to stop, so stop mate.” Cole growls in that thundering voice of his.

“You a bit old to be her friend. But mate between you and me I know the only reason you are hanging out with Nikki, is so you can jump her bones when she matures.” Cole is smiling and I don’t like where this is going.

“Who says I haven’t already.” Tyler’s mouth drops open and Cole laugh. “I think her father would have my ball if I slept with her and I don’t think you are any exception.” Cole looks at me and winks.

“That was not funny and I don’t think her father would hang me up by the balls, after all he and my father are very close to each other.” I cough at what an underestimate that is. No one say anything so when the bell rings I say goodbye to Vixen and walk off to class with Cole and Tyler trailing behind like the lost puppy.

When we get into class a few people ask how I am feeling and I tell them good. I know they would like to ask more questions but restrain themselves because Tyler is here.

“Ahh Mr Gracefiled no told me we had a guest speaker today.” Our teacher ask as he enters the classroom.

“No sir, not a guest speaker, just here to watch.” He gives me a wink and Travis has the idea to smile.

“No Mr. Gracefiled, why don’t you explain how you matured, I hear it is an interesting story!”

“Yes, but I don’t everyone here want to hear.” Everyone starts shouting and he sighs. “Fine I was kinda getting all hot and heavy with this chick and instead of giving her a hickey I gave her to small puncture wounds.” Everyone is laughing and Tyler looks grim.  

“Yes, that is right and if I remember you bought the girl home and told you father that you were a real man and here was your proof.” Everyone is still laughing but I don’t really find anything about him funny.

“Well, what can I say? I wanted my father to see, next time Nikki, you will be the one I will be introducing to my father looking the way she did.” The class goes silent and they are all watching to see my reaction, ready to jump in the way. I close my eyes. I have just about had it with Tyler. I open my eyes a smile very sweetly at him and bat my eyelashes.

“Well the next time you see my father, I will have a huge grin on my face as I carry you in by the balls, if you even think about laying a finger on me. And trust me I can do more damage than you think.” I stand up and grab my bag. “Sir if you don’t mind I am going to step out for a bit.” I am trying very, very hard not to lash out that my voice is tight and I am tense all over.

“I think that will be a good idea, Liz will you company Miss Stark outside for a while.” Liz comes out with me. When we are alone I start pacing tyring to get myself under control.

“Nikki you ok?” She ask in a small and timid voice, afraid I will lash out.

“No, do I look ok? God I need to do something.” I stop pacing and start jumping as Cole said burning energy can help. When that doesn’t help I start doing sit-ups. God I will have abs by the time I am done.  

“Trying to burn of energy?” I am panting but it is not really helping. I go into push ups and talk.

“Yeah, trying something new. Cole is helping me but the only thing that works is screaming and I cannot always rely on that so,” I get up and start doing high knees. I feel a little better but I still have heaps of anger to burn. 10 minutes later I think I am good. “Alright, better.” I wipe sweat off my forehead as I wish I bought a drink.

“Ready to go?” She ask with a proud smile.

“Yeah!” We walk back into class as sir is explaining something. My face is flushed and sweat is still pouring off my face. I see that Cole has a bottle of water and I grab it and drink the whole thing in one go.

“You fine?” He leans over from behind me. I probably stink.

“Yeah.” I pant out as I try to regain my breath back. Travis gives me a look and I shake my head and mouth “later” to him. Tyler is looking at very grime probably wondering what activities got me looking like this. I start to copy down what’s on the board when I wipe more sweat off my face. As I was writing the smell, hits me before the sight of a small drop of blood lands on my page.

“Oh shit!” I tip my head back straight away and cover my nose.

“Everyone out this moment.” The whole class is gone in a blink of an eye. “You fine Nikki.” My head was telling me one thing, and my body telling me another.

“I don’t know. Is it possible that I am craving my own blood?” I try to laugh because it is true. I would so start chomping on my arm right now.

“Here Nikki.” Our teacher passes me some tissues when someone walks in.

“Sir, you are going to need more than that, trust me.” I tip my head forwards to see Cole with a toilet role and passing me a huge bit.

“Thanks.” I tip my head back when someone tips it forward.

“Keep your head forward, not back. You want to send the blood out, not back.” Mr S says. “You alright to be here Cole?”

“Sure, there is little temptation but not that much.”

“Why is it not stopping?” Our teacher passes me some more toilet paper.

“It’s a draw back from the bloodlust. It will only happen once or twice depending on the person. It won’t kill you. It is like flushing out.” Cole says.

“Cole you are like an encyclopaedia, always full of knowledge.” We all laugh and I think my nose has stopped bleeding. “I am kind of glad this happened at school. Can you imagine at the ball it would be a disasters with all the vampires and other supernatural.” I shake my head at the thought of the chaos.

“I think it is done.” I move away the toilet paper to see my nose is no longer bleeding.

“I will get the class. Nikki go and clean yourself up.” Our teacher leaves then I leave. I wash off all the blood off my face and walk back into class.

“Sorry guys.” I say sitting back in my seat for the 3 minutes left of class. When I day is over I am so glad that when I get home I won’t have to see Tyler until dinner.

****

Hey how is everyone, I hope you are all well. 

So we go to see more of Tyler following around Nikki and I think we can say that Tyler is an ass.

>Vote

>Comment

>Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 170 35
"It is really stupid but I still love you." I smiled. I heard two growls one came from Lium and other came from Zander. "What?" I looked at them with...
833 186 17
•• He's the type of person that'll make you piss yourself from Fear. She's the type of person that'll make you piss yourself from laughter. •• " loo...
4.4K 234 34
Welcome to the Four Kingdoms, a secret and magical land nestled inside the human world. For centuries, this country divided into the North, East, Sou...
115 19 11
Ever since I could remember my parents have always said I'm special,not the your great at sports special or the just because you can not make friends...