Breathe Me

By d_arkening

In my panicked state I feel strong arms wrap around me, pulling me close. I inhale, his smell filling my sens... More

Introduction
1. The Tutor
2. Shiny New Toy
3. Sweetheart
4. Temple Kiss
5. Punching Bag
6. 110 MPH
7. I'm not opposed to whips
8. Pizza and an Emotional Massacre
9. Not so Subtle
10. I must not tell Lies
11. Kings, Queens, Charlies, and Aces
12. Demise of a Tree
13. Forget those Blue Eyes
14. Play Nice, Boys
16. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
17. Intoxicated
Shameless Self Promo <3
18. Does that make me Sound Possessive?
19. Not One, but Two
20. In the Dark
21. Pete? More like Pinocchio
22. Bark before Bite
24. You Put the F-U-N in Funeral
25. You Can Have Me Whenever You Want Me

15. Speak of the Devil

6.2K 250 96
By d_arkening

Charlie's P.O.V.

After taking medicine for the pain, I convince myself that maybe some water will help me sleep. Dread comes over me as the thought crosses my mind though. If I choose to go downstairs, I'll have to walk all the way. My ankle may be getting better, but despite what you might think, your stomach plays a part in walking. 

Noticing I'm still in skinny jeans, I change into so sweatpants I found in the shopping bags. It was hell to put the on, but worth it in the end to get out of those uncomfortable jeans.

I sigh, preparing myself mentally for the trek to the kitchen and back. 

This should be fun.

I take a few steps out of the bathroom, holding my stomach with my left hand. It's not as bad as I expect, luckily. So I'm able to walk semi normally now. I guess a few hours of laying down and resting can really do a lot to heal the body. 

The hallway is dark aside from the nightlight that shines from inside my bedroom. I'm beginning to know my way in this house and start towards the living room area. This place isn't really as big as I'd thought before. It seemed massive, but in reality, it wasn't that bad. 

As I walk, light begins illuminating my pathway again. The kitchen lights downstairs must've been left on. As I suspected, the light's were on but no one was awake. They must've went home or to their rooms that I didn't previously know existed. This place is full of surprises I never saw coming. 

The pain increases the longer I walk. I get to the living room and pass through, walking past the island counter and into the open kitchen. The wood floor under me is freezing on my bare feet, and it's not helpful that I'm in just a tank top. I select the water option on the fridge and push my glass against the lever. 

Shivering, I look around the room as the water pours out. I notice Aiden's hoodie which I'd laid on the couch before I'd left. I don't think he'd mind too much if I wore it. I don't understand why this house is so cold right now. It wasn't like this earlier. 

When the water is done streaming out. I limp to the Mac computer on the desk in the living room and open the weather application. 

15 degrees outside! Seriously?! It was not even near that earlier! It's still autumn, what the heck?!

I shake my head. Nature astounds me. 

My limp is making itself more present as I walk over to the couch. Each step I take is quite a bit shakier than I'd like it to be. Thank god the couch is a comfy place to rest before going back to my room. As soon as I slip the hoodie on, I'm reminded of the comforting smell of Aiden's cologne. It's so calming, but at the same time, it reminds me of how much I miss him despite him having only been gone a few hours.

A small blanket lays across the couch as well so I pick it up, wrapping it around me. This is warm, but it doesn't compare to the warmth of Aiden's hoodie.

The door to the garage opens, startling me. Well, speak of the devil. 

Aiden's P.O.V.

I pull into the garage and park the bike. 

'Fuck' I think to myself. That was the coldest ride of my life. My leather jacket didn't even break the wind. It just got cold and made me even colder. To make matters worse, the bruise forming from the punch to my jaw was stinging from the cold as well.

I walk in and shut the door behind me. The leather jacket, being cold as I said, needed to come off now. So I take it off before locking the door. The exhaustion from the fight started to hit me about half way home. I lean my head against the door, sighing. Not much longer before I can sleep. I just need to check on Charlie and then I can sleep. 

A voice sounds from behind me, "Aiden?"

I push myself away from the door, "Sweetheart? What are you doing awake? And way are you up walking?! You should be resting." 

She limps her way in my direction but I meet her half way so she'll stop walking. She takes off the blanket around her and puts it around me. "Where have you be- oh my god, Aiden!" Her hand goes to my jaw, brushing the bruise lightly.

"Don't concern yourself with my bruises, I deserve them. You on the other hand do not, you should be resting." She looks as tired as I feel. Her eyes aren't as bright as usual and her words have a cute delay to them. Her hand has yet to leave my jaw, still moving her soft fingers across it. I reach up and take her hand in mine. She meets my gaze. "I was just being clumsy, it's nothing, Sweetheart."

She completely ignores what I've said about her needing rest, "It doesn't look like nothing, tell me the truth." Her tired voice gains a stern essence to it. 

"How about I tell you in the morning?" She's too tired now for that story and maybe by tomorrow she'll forget. 

She wants to object but gives in, "Promise?"

"I promise, Sweetheart." I chuckle. She's so sweet. First she puts her blanket around me when she sees I'm cold, now she's worrying about a simple bruise. 

Bruise. That's right, I still need to apologize for everything...

As I was about to say something, she stunned me. Her arms wrapped around me in a hug. It took a few seconds for me to hug her back, but when I realized what was going on, I put my arms around her, holding her against  me. I feel her relax into me to the point where I'm sure she'd fall if I let go. I figure this is as good an opportunity as any to apologize. I doubt she'll forgive me. I know she wouldn't ignore me or be hostile towards me, that much is obvious, but still. Just the thought of her being upset with me or holding a grudge against me at all kills me. 

I rest my head lightly on top of hers and whisper, "I don't even know where to begin with this, so let's pretend I know how to do this," I don't apologize for the stuff I do. Rarely do I even care that I did anything wrong. It's never mattered. The guys are used to me, the girls I'm with don't mean anything to me as sad as that may sound, and I don't have anyone else to let down. "I'm really sorry. Those words probably don't mean much but-" And she cuts me off.

"You were forgiven the moment you did it." She begins. "I was pissed at you, still am. But you were already forgiven." She doesn't look up at me, just continues laying her head on my chest. 

"Thank you, Sweetheart." My voice is so quiet, I'm not even sure she heard me until she hugs me tighter. "Can I take you to bed now?" I know she'll probably argue me, but I need to get her back to bed. She looks half asleep, I doubt she got even a blink of sleep. 

She unwraps herself from me, putting her weight back on her own feet. I'd forgotten about the cold with her against me, now the cold air rushes back to, stinging on my skin. "Fine." she says, "But I've been laying there for hours without any luck at falling asleep." She can't sleep? But after everything she's gone through today? How can she not sleep? I'd just straight up pass out if I were her. I'm exhausted now and I haven't even been through much. 

"Well, lucky for you, I'm here now." I smirk.

"And what's that gonna do for me?" She gives me a 'seriously?' kind of look that only she can pull off that well.

"Don't worry about that, Sweetheart. I'll take care of it." She just rolls her eyes and turns around as if to walk to her room. 

"Whoa whoa whoa, you're not walking all the way up there when I'm around to carry you." I carefully scoop her up in my arms as she lets out a tiny surprised squeal and latches onto me. 

"You're the weirdest person I know." She scoffs. 

"You mean the sexiest, right?" I smirk.

"I have a question." She says while leaning her head on my shoulder as I begin walking up the stairs. 

"I have an answer."

"How do you know you have an answer? You're not all knowing."

I laugh. "Get to the point, dork."

She clears her throat before she speaks, "Uh, well, I was going to ask why it seems as though you have multiple personalities... You always switch mindsets like that. One moment, you're being cocky and a slight asshole, but the next you're sweet and caring. And then there's the moments when you're a complete and total asshole. I just don't understand you."

Yeah, I don't understand me either. Join the club.

I sigh, "There's a word for that, sweetheart. It's called bipolar."

"Wait so you're actually classified as bipolar? I used to call you that in my head but I didn't think it was actually true." So she already half thought I was, lovely. "Sorry I brought that up." She acts as though it's a terrible thing.

"Don't worry about it, that's the least of my problems." I say, not thinking anything of the words. They ran through my head as nothing, but in hers, a door must've opened.

"What do you mean the least of your problems? What other problems?" Things I don't want you knowing.

"Nothing important." I say nonchalantly, hoping she'll drop it.

"You've just contradicted yourself. Even if you don't want to let me in now, you will. I'll wait. But you'll let me into your life eventually. You can't shut everyone out forever."

You know too much for comfort already, so no.

Th conversation goes dead so we're in silence now. I see her door up ahead and make a last second decision that I hope she won't be mad about. I've just missed her... so, I pass her room and continue to mine. 

"Uh, Aiden?" She says confused.

"Shh." I don't even know what to say other than I just want her to stay with me. Don't ask why because I can't answer that. The closest answer I have to that is 'because she's cute'. 

I walk into my room and over to my bed, laying her down on it. "Why am I in here?" She asks again.

"How else am I to make sure you're okay?" Good, that sounds better than 'you're cute'. Good excuse for wanting to sleep next to her. "Is that okay with you?" I turn to look at her and she's already got her eyes closed. I smile at her even though she can't see me.

"Yeah, that's fine with me, I guess."

I walk into the bathroom to take off my clothes from today, leaving only my boxers. I doubt it'll bother her that much. I walk back into the room and she opens her eyes. Almost as if it was a reflex, her eyes make their way up and down me. "Enjoying the view?" I laugh. 

"Didn't I answer that before? My answer hasn't changed from yes." Her eyes meet mine and I give her a small smile. Her face is now red as if she didn't realize those words had escaped her lips. 

"Sweetheart, you don't need to be embarrassed, I'm quite an angelic sight to see." I smirk and she looks away, still blushing. 

I hear her voice, now quiet as she's speaking to herself, "I'd say more godlike than angelic."

"What was that?" I heard her but I want to see her look at me when she admits that.

"What was what?" She pretends to be confused but I can see it in her eyes that she knows I know what she said.

I raise an eyebrow as if to say 'out with it'.

"Don't make me say it again..." I continue staring at her, waiting for her to repeat herself. "Fine... I said more godlike than angelic." She turns away from me but I choose to tease her a little more. 

I sit down on the floor by the bed, leaning my arms on the bed and resting my chin on top of my hand. She knows I'm there when the bed caves in a bit where I'm leaning. "So, you think I'm godlike?" She's not even looking at me but yet she still turns redder. "What is it about me? My chest? My abs? My hair?" She's adorable, still refusing to look at me. 

She turns her face in my direction, but doesn't open her eyes. I don't know what came over me, but I reach my hand out and lightly brush her hair out of her face, aiming to put the strands behind her ear. It practically murders my heart when she flinches away from my touch, not letting me. I wish I could go back in time and meet her sooner and get her out of that place before it did this to her. This sweet, amazing, beautiful girl didn't deserve to be hurt that way. 

"You can trust me, Sweetheart." The room is silent aside from our breathing. I try again to get her to trust me. Her flinch is much lighter this time and she actually allows me to put her hair behind her ears. I move my hand to her cheek and I can hear her breath hitch. 

This is affecting her as much as it's affecting me... 

I weigh my chances and decide it's worth the shot. I lean forward, putting my forehead against hers till our lips are inches apart and our short breaths are intertwined. We sit like that for a few moments, my fingers delicately caressing her face. I see her bite her lip just before she shocks me by closing the gap between our lips. 

I hate to get sappy, but it was like an electric pull between us. She tasted so sweet, like candy. But not just any candy, like one of those addicting ones that you never want to stop eating. The kiss was brief, but it left me breathless and craving more. I'm tempted to kiss her again, but I don't want to push her. I want her to feel safest around me. 

Her eyes flutter open. The green and blue in them is mixed like a shimmering crystal making me stare in awe. The gaze is short lived though because she turns from me. "Goodnight, Aiden." The way she said it was quick and adorable. You can hear a nervous tone in her voice. 

I kissed her. In all honesty, she kissed me. But still, we kissed... And dear god, I'm hooked on her now more than ever. She's a drug I never want to stop doing, even if it killed me in the end. 

The grin on my face didn't go away any time soon. 

I crawled onto the bed next to her, being careful not to move it too much so I didn't hurt her. Just as I was about to turn over, Charlie moved closer to me. So instead of turning onto my stomach, I put my arm around her and let her snuggle closer to me. 

'God, if you're out there, I know I'm an asshole and I know I don't deserve her, but please, let me keep her...'

With that thought, I fall asleep with her still in my arms. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Happy? Or no? Because I can totally break them apart if ya'll want. I mean, there's a lot of ways I could go with this. Muahahahaha

So what did you think? Remember to comment and vote! Thanks guys!

- Nyx S. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
120K 4.9K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
90.3K 543 23
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...