Definitely Not Interested

Oleh hanlovestowrite26

Being a high school Muslim hijabi was already a lot to deal with but add a crazy life and it gets all too mes... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
A/N

Chapter 25

10.6K 892 148
Oleh hanlovestowrite26

After that fight me and Amir didn't ignored each other to the max. No way he gave me even the slightest attention and while I know it was my fault, it still hurt.

"This is who you're getting married too?" Amir stood up after leaving Hanif clutching his bloody nose. "How did you stoop so low?" Amir gritted. His eyes weren't Amir's normal emerald eyes, they were burning up in rage. I was too scared to reply.

I didn't know what to think because soon enough the teachers noticed the crowd and pulled everyone out.

Choji took me home while I silently let the guilt eat me up slowly. "It hurts huh?" Choji spoke up after turning at the intersection.

"Really bad." I replied hoarsely.

I shook off the horrible memory and saw Hanif walking up to me. He wasn't happy, and I don't expect to be. I honestly have this weird feeling not to trust him. I don't know but something is awfully off about him.

"I want to talk to you." He spoke casually with his hands tucked in his pocket. He doesn't seem at all intimated with Amir. It was weird.

"I'm breaking off the engagement." I said quickly. This is the chance I have. I don't care anymore what he thought. "I'm telling our parents tonight."

Hanif surprisingly took a step back. He was clearly shocked. "You better not Malak." His voice was lined with a warning. It ticked me off.

"I don't want to marry you." I bit out.

He rolled his eyes. "And you think I do?" He sighed.

I was a little shocked I had to admit. He was a great actor at whatever he was trying to get.

"Then why didn't you say anything?" I was so confused now. I thought he had initiated the engagement.

"Well for the same reason you did." He smirked handsomely.

"Parents?" We both said in unison.

"Seriously?" I flung my arms up. "And I thought-"

"Yeah I know." He interrupted.

"Well I'll break it off. I'll let my mother know." I said. "I don't think it's right."

"Why? We could get married." He put emphasis on 'could' .

I shook my head lightly. "I'm sorry Hanif. But I really can't. I have to be honest."

"That monkey is the guy you're in love with?" He looked at me.

"Amir?" I laughed. "I guess."

"You can't guess love." Hanif eyes showed a little bit of concern. It seemed as a memory flashed in front of him.

I smiled. "Do you have someone in mind as well?"

He looked away. His sudden upbeat self gone. "No. Not anymore."

"Oh." I didn't feel the need to push the convo where he didn't feel comfortable.

"Anyways. I'll let my mother know but please don't say anything until I say to my parents. I don't want you to be affected." He smiled and turned quickly. He fished out his car keys out of his black jeans and walked away.

I watched him until he was too far away. I was still in utter shock but I was so happy that everything was being figured out. My heart pumped harder as I thought of the happiness me and Amir will finally be in.

I wanted to run to him and tell him the good news but I knew he was somewhere sulking or hating me.

I ran home in a happy demeanor. My mother was predicted that it was because of Hanif. And it was.

But for the reasons she didn't know.

*******

Graduation was soon. It was no less than a month. That meant we were ready for finals.

Everyday and every test we took made me more depressed. Amir was ignoring me and constantly going on various dates with women his dad recommended for him as I waited for Hanifs que.

It never came and even Hanif was nowhere to be seen.

I was going to barge in to his personal bubble today and finally get the damn answer from him. I originally wanted to break it off regardless but I didn't want it to get too messy.

"Hanif!" I waved over to him after finally seeing him attend school. He too has been weirdly ignoring me as well.

Hanif finally saw me and walked slowly over to me. "What?" He said without meeting my gaze.

"What is wrong with you? Is there something I should know? Why haven't you said anything?" I quickly bombard him with questions because I was anxious.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see Amir glaring at us. His demeanor so menacing as if he was about to explode but carefully keeping his actions intact.

Sameer was next to him watching as well but not as dangerously as Amir. Mostly out of curiosity.

I suddenly became nervous and the guilt I had tried to bury began to spread within me. Amir I'm sorry.

He waited, I didn't know for what but suddenly our gazes met. I could see the disappointment and hurt in his emerald eyes. However as soon as we met gazes, they quickly showed pure anger. He tore his gaze away and began walking away.

I wish Amir knew that he had my heart. I wish he knew that I wasn't playing him.

"Hanif please." I managed to say after Amir was out of my sight. "Please tell your parents."

Hanif sighed. "Malak it's hard for me. I wish you understand."

"But we are graduating soon. I can't wait forever. Amir is going to leave to college." I pleaded.

"I know and I'm sorry." Hanif looked genuinely apologetic. "It's been hard for my parents that's why."

"Okay but I can't sacrifice my happiness and yours for something I know isn't correct." I tried really hard to make him understand my feelings.

"I know Malak." He sighed. He seemed really frustrated with himself as well.

"I'm glad you do." I knew my voice was full of disappointment but I didn't know how else to express my concern. It had become a burden on us what our parents don't understand.

His phone started to ring and he gave me an apologetic look. I knew that the call was important so I left him to be and sulked home.

****

I began to panic because finals week was already here. It was now Monday all my weekend consisted of was studying. I crammed all the formulas and the English grammar rules all into this brain of mine.

After taking the first test I was so tired because I had stayed up all night getting myself prepared. Also all the drama in my life affected my body too. It was hard being me.

I cringed as I thought of that but it was really!

"You're so concerned about everything." Choji yawned.

I could tell he didn't get any sleep either because it could be that he too was trying to remember what he learned the first day of school.

Or it could be his dad hovered over him .

Yeah that sounds more logical.

"Hey why don't we go grab some fruit drinks?" I suggested. I was so tired and needed a little fuel to keep me going.

"How about coffee instead. I feel like I'm just barely getting by." He touched his eye bags. "Do you see this? I'm so ugly now."

I laughed. "They're not as bad as mine!" I point to my dark under eyes and he just scoffs.

"But you girls cheat. You get makeup." He pointed out.

"Yeah but I'm not wearing any." I rolled my eyes.

"You could really use some though." He burst out laughing after his stupid remark and I smacked his arm. "Ouch! Fine we'll get fruit smoothies."

"And you'll pay." I said with my nose in the air. I loved to act spoiled.

"Fine." He chuckled and we walked to the closest shopping center. This area had many restaurants, shops, bakery's and even a small sitting area in the middle. Their was a small playground that little kids would play on. I always loved to watch them make mistakes or fight with other kids. They were especially cute when the little toddlers tried to do big things.

We got closer to the smoothie shop I look over quickly at the little kids playing. It was always packed there.

I laughed as a little blond toddler slid on the slide and land his tiny bum. He began to laugh and clap.

It was so cute.

I look over the others and stand in utter shock as I see a way too familiar guy standing there.

Hanif was in the playground area hold upward the hands of a brown haired baby toddler. He was gently picking him up and down, bounding him on the tiny rocks that were placed there.

The baby had fair skin and was sljghtly chubby. It was having a ball.

"Choji look!" I grab his arm and pull him closer. "Isn't that Hanif! Or am I seeing things." I looked up at him. "Please tell me I'm seeing things."

Choji looked over and his jaw almost reached the ground. "I wish I could."

"Do you think-" we both started but then just looked at each other.

"It can't b-be." I muster out and Choji, still looking at Hanif and the cute baby, shakes his head.

"I don't understand. Wait! It could be his little brother." He pointed out but I quickly shot down the idea.

"He doesn't have any other brothers that age." I say while biting my nails. My heart beat was accelerating pretty quickly.

"Then I don't know what else to say besides that could be his son." He suggests.

"Oh my god." I suddenly freak out. "B-But how?!"

"Well you see. A man and a woman get together-" Choji started but I hit him.

"That's not what I really meant!"

Choji was frustrated. "Lady I am bruising!" He cried as he rubbed where I accidentally hit him.

"Sorry. I'm just in shock." I weakly smile.

*****

Hey guys! Thank you so much for constantly supporting this book! Omg almost 60k reads! Wow!

I appreciate every single one of you guys. I'm so happy that we have come a long way.

I know this chapter is short but since I'm on winter break I promise to update more frequently!

Please do comment and vote! Tell me what you think of this chapter. I appreciate all feedback!

Till next time!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.7K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
289K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
348K 18.5K 32
Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a loving family and the most amazing best fri...
753 44 9
Zahra is a girl who just moved into a new town and a school that is full of rich brats. She is the only hijabi girl in this new school and for that...