Calm Envy [Ruki - The GazettE...

By WitchAngmar

What happens when the girl you once rejected in high school is now someone you can't take your eyes off? The... More

1. Prologue
2. Unfortunate Audition
3. Meeting Someone From The Past
4. How Didn't I Notice Before?
5. It's A Deal
6. Our First Date
7. The Secret Is Revealed
8. I'm In Love With Her
9. Phase One
10. Baby Steps
11. Double Date
12. And Cut!
13. Let Me Love You
14. Family Dinner
15. A Fun Day
16. Finally United
18. Right From The Beginning
19. Third Time's A Charm
20. Epilogue

17. Downfall

960 20 19
By WitchAngmar

It's been thirteen days since Ruki had left on tour.

Rin has been counting them along with how many hours and minutes they were away from each other, but soon gave up on the latter. It was already December, the temperature had dramatically dropped with constant rain pouring in the city of Tokyo. The girl drowned herself to work, only relaxing late at night when Ruki would call her after the show but that had abruptly stopped two days ago. Not knowing who to call or what to do, Rin stopped calling her boyfriend. She knew that the shows kept going since there were updates on their twitter accounts and site but she didn't dare make a move. Something had happened; and Rin knew that it probably wasn't good for her. Her attention span was now shorter than a few minutes, she only took care of Koron and Riki, completely ignoring her family's pleas to visit them since it was the month of holidays.

Currently the young woman was sitting in her house, after another tiring day with Koron on her lap sleeping soundly and Riki running on the rest of the couch, enjoying his freedom. Ruki would probably kill her for letting him out even if she was paying attention to him. But to be honest; she couldn't careless being at the state she was. Flipping through channels, not really paying attention to what was playing, Rin suddenly stopped when she saw the name of Ruki's band on the screen. It was a music channel and his band was featured. The girl quickly sat up, turning up the volume  as The GazettE appeared. She couldn't help the scowl that formed in her face, as Ruki appeared sitting all high and mighty like always when he was being interviewed. 

The hosts quickly introduced the well known band, each member saying their name and specialty in the band and then the questions begun. It was all from how the tour was going, to what they were planning for the new year. They laughed and answered, joking to one another with the occassional breaks for advertisements. After half an hour of useless blabber a question was asked to the five men that made Rin perk up.

"Are you guys in love?" The hostess asked, a smirk playing on her lips. Everyone looked at each other, secretly passing heated stares at Ruki.

"I am in love. With Uruha of course." Reita joked, slinging an arm around his friend's shoulders as they all laughed. Rin internally rolled her eyes.

"Nah. no time for romance." Aoi replied, Kai nodding his head in agreement.

"What about you Ruki-san?" The male host asked, raking Ruki with a look that implied he knew something about the man's personal life. It took several minutes for Ruki to answer. He was obviously contemplating if he should spill the beans or not. Besides it was a delicate matter and as Rin heard from Mrs Sai. Japanese people, even Korean and Chinese are not allowed to reveal their relationships unless they are married or something. Obviously they thought they were going to lose fans or some sort.

"No, I am not in love."

"Are you guys dating someone? Or seeing someone?"

They all shook their heads and a pang of sadness struck Rin. Surely she wasn't expecting a superstar to suddenly burst and tell everyone he was happily in love, but the realization that they probably would be hiding for a long time made a tear stroll down her cheek. A sob tore out of her throat as she stared at Ruki, the conversation going on, but everything was now distorted in her ears. A whine escaped from Koron as he looked up at Rin, licking her stray tears and pushing his head against her cheek in consolation. The young woman smiled sadly down at the dog and stood up, wiping her tears angrily. She grabbed Riki, putting him back in his cage, and then pulled Koron in her arms, going towards the hallway trying to decide which bedroom she should feel better sleeping in. The bed they shared or the one that was probably cold and unfamiliar to her? Slowly she decided on going to their bedroom. She fell down on the bed, crawling under the blankets while Koron settled on her chest, his snoot nuzzling her throat.

Waking up with a startle, Rin looked around frantically, the clock blinking nine in the morning. She quickly slipped off the bed, Koron falling on the bed as he started barking at his new owner's carelessness. Rin run towards the bathroom taking the quickest shower she ever took and got dressed as warmly as possible. December was a bitch in Japan. Then she applied make-up to cover her swollen eyes and the bags forming beneath them. Once she got ready, Rin left the apartment, taking her phone out immediately calling Mrs. Sai. But then she noticed the whole place was covered in pure white snow and ceased her walking. Staring all around, the snow was still falling rapidly, turning even the tiniest clean corner into white. 

"Hello? Rin-chan? Hello? Can you hear me?" A voice asked startling the young girl. She quickly put the phone back in her ear, which unconsciously had dropped at her side and cleared her throat.

"Moshi moshi, Mrs Sai? Um, I-I'm sorry I'm late, I slept late at night and--"

"Didn't you take my message? I left you one saying that you don't have to come today. It's snowing heavily and besides you should take a day off dear. You've been working so hard these days and I think you should rest a little." The voice in the other end said, but that didn't calm Rin down as it would in normal circumstances. She wanted to work, work so badly so she could forget that she stayed alone in this god damned house. Nonetheless, she thanked the woman and returned into the apartment a few minutes later.

Locking the door behind her, the young woman dragged her legs towards the bedroom and slipped out of her heavy clothing. She pulled on a pair of sweatpants with a T-shirt and a hoodie along with a pair of warm socks. She then proceed in turning the heater up to warm the house. Throwing a blanket over herself as she laid down on the couch, Rin turned the television on to have something just to hear. Koron soon joined her under the blankets, comfortably falling asleep on her stomach, Rin following suit.

A sudden ringing brought Rin out of her quiet slumber, and as she checked the ID it was Ruki calling her. Subconsciously, a scowl formed on her lips as she pressed the answer button and put the phone against her ear. "Moshi moshi?" 

"Usagi-chan! Hi." Ruki said breathlessly; as if he was nervous about something. This spiked the girl's curiosity. Slowly sitting up, careful not to wake Koron up, she brought her legs up, the dog successfully slipping on her lower abdomen still sounding asleep.

"Hi." The reply was cold, hollow and void of all emotions. But Rin couldn't help it. Ruki hadn't tried to contact her at all the past few days, the attitude kind of came naturally to her.

"How are you? Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. How about there? Were you that busy that you couldn't even send me a text?" 

"I- uh, I'm sorry Rin," Uh oh, he called her Rin, this can't probably be good, Rin thought. "I have been so busy and-and something happened. I was so embarassed to call you; and guilty. But I don't want to hide it from you any longer. I-I need to tell you the truth and hope for your forgiveness." Rin braced herself at what was to follow. She kind of knew what he was about to tell her, but her heart begged to be a false thought.

"What?" She croaked, tugging at her blanket, shivering despite the warmth the house had fallen into.

"I..I-uh, uhm. Rin, I-I cheated on you." Rin nodded, her suspicions unfortunately being right. "I-I'm really sorry, it was after a show, we went for some drinks and--"

Click.

The phone was tightly clutched in her small fingers, and that moment she felt as if her broken emotions were so strong that she would manage to break her cellphone. And during her rage instead of breaking it in her fist, she threw it against a wall completely smashing it and startling both pets. "Sorry." She mumbled apologetically and gently slipped Koron off her lap. Her feet dragged her towards their room, where she pulled out a suitcase of hers, opening it, desperately throwing her clothes inside. After a few moments of silence the phone in the house started ringing. And it was definitely Ruki. So Rin ignored it, gulped down her tears and as she filled her suitcase with her clothes, she changed into a pair of warm pants, a T-shirt and a hoodie on top along with her coat to keep her warm. She threw a scarf around her neck, a beanie on the top of her head and a pair of gloves to warm her arms.

Placing Koron in his travel kennel she decided to take him to a pet hotel first. Even if she loved the dog, keeping him to her house would mean she would come in contact with Ruki when he returned home. So she went to the closest pet hotel, paid for a two week stay and left back to Ruki's house. She gently picked Riki up, placing him in his large cage, grabbed her suitcase and before leaving, Rin left a note informing him about Koron. After she felt that nothing was left behind, she took in one hand her suitcase, balancing Riki's cage on it along with a blanket to cover him from the snow and left the house, hoping to go back to hers soon.

Some people would probably think that Rin was a cold and heartless person. But that wasn't the case. She just gulped down whatever her feelings were, in hopes that no one would call her weak, or manipulate her in her moments of vulnerability. She couldn't shed another tear for that man. Rin wasn't able to decide if she couldn't, wouldn't or shouldn't cry. So with her head held high, walking carefully so her heart wouldn't fall in a million pieces once more, she made her way towards her now definitely cold house.

Upon entering the small apartment, Rin's nose filled with a cologne she hadn't smelled in so long. Dropping her suitcase and carefully placing Riki's cage down, the girl run into her kitchen. The sight of her mother cooking made her finally break down and wrap her arms around her mother.

"Honey what's wrong? What happened?" Yoshiko asked alarmed, throwing her arms around her daughter's frail body without a thought.

"H-He cheated on me! Ruki-san cheated on me!"

"What?" She screamed, pulling back enough to glance at her daughter's tear stained face. Rin nodded and tugged her mother towards the couch, plopping herself down, getting ready to explain.

"He left for tour thirteen days ago. We had been talking every day after every show, him telling me how it was and we were saying how we missed each other but one day everything stopped. He wouldn't call me, or even bother texting me. So yesterday I was watching TV and there was an interview with them. The hosts asked them if they were in love and he denied it. But that didn't hurt as much. He called me a few hours ago and told me flat out he cheated on me! H-he rushed to explain but I hung up. I just couldn't bear hearing anything else from his mouth. He cheated on me mommy!" Rin broke down once her words died down, her head plopping down in her mother's lap. 

Oh how I missed you mommy She thought. At the end of the day, only your mother's arms will be around for comfort.

"Shh, calm down sweetie. Everything's okay. I'm here." Her mother cooed, stroking her hair, fingers running through the messed up strands. Once Rin fell asleep, her mother picked her in her arms with ease, noticing that her daughter had lost some weight, to the point that the bones on her shoulders were visible and her arms were like small sticks. The curves in her body were slowly disappearing but there was still some time to force some food down her throat and get her back into the physical body she had before. 

And it was all his fault.

All Rin was graced with was a dreamless sleep. Thankfully she didn't have nightmares of Ruki getting it with some random girl he wouldn't know the name of; but she could still feel it while she slept.

The heartbreak.

Dark shadows lurked and danced past her closed lids, taunting her about Ruki and how they got to see him more on stage, dancing sexually, his fingers ghostly running over his crotch and lips, his eyes closed in bliss as the crowd danced wildly. Suddenly voices erupted; or more like screams, eventually bringing the girl out of her worrying sleep. There were two people arguing close to the entrance of her apartment; a male and female. Dragging her legs off the bed, Rin slowly made her way towards her door, opening it as quiet as possible.

"--Who do you think you are coming here?"

"I just wanna explain! She shut the phone before I could--"

"And damn well she did! Get out of this house right now!" Her mother screamed, no longer caring if her daughter woke up. As Rin decided that it would be foolish to stay behind the doors in her safe haven; she had to man up and go confront him. 

"Mom? It's okay. Please leave us alone." Rin said, but as her eyes laid on top of Ruki's her heart shattered once more. His hair was a mess, his eyes were smeared with make up and his clothes were worn as wrong as it could go. With a scowl, Yoshiko left the hallway and went back into the kitchen, about to cook something for her daughter; she needed to build her strength again. "What are you doing here?" Rin asked, feeling drained from energy, so being angry was something she couldn't do right now. Instead she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, waiting for an answer.

"I came as soon as possible after you broke your phone and wouldn't answer the one at our house." Ruki started, Rin's heart instantly fluttering when Ruki referred to his home as 'ours'. But she didn't let it show; she had to remain strong during this. "Usagi-chan I know what I did was horrible, unforgivable and hell I don't even forgive myself but please, please just give me another chance. I am begging you." Ruki croaked and fell on his knees in front of her, his eyes turning red as he was about to burst in tears again.

Rin slowly stepped back and shook her head frantically. "No, I can't-- I-I can't do it. What stops you from doing it again? First refusing you're at least in love and then cheating on me? T-That's just too much. I'm sorry I can't do it." She whispered, falling on her knees, her hands quickly clasping her upper arms in desperation. Ruki's tough personality finally broke. He knew there was no way to beg for her forgiveness, he just couldn't ask of her something like this. He had to earn it, he had to hold himself back from drinking, or going to parties with Aoi, knowing what kind of a manwhore he was. "Please go." Rin pleaded quietly, breaking Ruki's sanity a little bit more. The man, grabbed her cheeks, making her look at him and gently pressed his lips on her salty ones.

"Marry me." He breathed against her mouth, Rin sucking his air in response. Blinking rapidly at him, taking in the little spots of black that came from the mascara he was wearing, the girl couldn't believe what she heard.

"W-what?"

"I said," a smile forming on Ruki's lips as he procceded the thought and repeated his suggestion more confident than ever, "Marry me."

~.~

A/N: CLIFFHANGEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR HEHEHEHE

Some drama here and there, I think it was needed; this relationship should stay down to earth xD Let's face it even if Ruki-san is madly in love with Rin, he couldn't help drinking and sleeping with someone else. Tell me someone who's famous and does that. 
BUUUUUT Ruki tries to make up, by marrying Rin!
I don't think that it's right though. He maybe does it out of guilt and not of love, argh I don't know how to feel about this chapter! D:

I hope you enjoyed reading and wait for the next chapter to reveal Rin's answer :3

Spread your Gazelove everyone! ~Kwnekochan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 92 7
Uruha Takashima was that beautiful hottie 17 year old Sophomore in going school. Ruki Takanori was that nerd 16 year old sophomore. Yes, Uruha was po...
5.2K 100 10
After Wonderlands x Showtime plan their next show Nene asks Rui about something he tends to do a lot. This leads to the Virtual Singers helping Rui a...
1.3K 45 8
RUKI is a 25 year old who lives in Tokyo and worked as a musician. However, He lived in a tragic lifestyle (he was raped, abused, and beaten.) He mee...
4.5K 47 14
While trying to save a lone child Tsukasa is interrupted by Rui, they two instantly click. Perhaps they've know each other in another life? •Disconti...