I'm What You're Missing || R...

Av rydelly_belly

it's been six years since the austin and ally cast have seen each other as a whole. it's also been six years... Mer

1 | Falling Apart
2 | Face to Face
3 | Promises
4 | She Has a Date
5 | Slow Dancing
6 | Cuddling
7 | A Backup
8 | Fourth of July Plans
9 | 4th of July = Fireworks
10 | We Don't Talk Anymore
11 | Nice Guy
12 | Drunken Voicemails
13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts
14 | Stop. Tweeting. About. Me.
15 | First Date
16 | Sibling Bonding
17 | The Edison
18 | Teenage Dreams Come True
19 | One Week
20 | Talk Shows
21 | Family
22 | Wedding Fun and Fights
23 | Happy Birthday, Loser
24 | Promise Rings
26 | The Bahamas
27 | Six Months is Only the Beginning
Epilogue

25 | Happy New Years!

4.1K 129 90
Av rydelly_belly

Super sorry for such a late update! I'm hoping this New Year's Eve chapter makes up for it.
Enjoy💜

I'm What You're Missing: 26 | Happy New Years!
| Ross Lynch |

"VEGAS BABY!!!!" Ryland and I shout while we spin in circles. After a few more seconds, Ryland and I laugh off our idiotness and rewatch the Snapchat video he took. As soon as he put it on his story, Laura appeared in the room.

"About time you're ready." I say, walking up to her. We're in Ellington and Rydel's hotel room at The Venetian waiting for the rest of my family to get ready so we can walk the strip a bit before seeing Walk the Moon in three hours. "Have you looked at my post?" I ask, pulling out my phone and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. She grunts as I pull he rings my side.

"No, but I'm guessing you're showing me now." She mumbles, wrapping an arm around my back. Gently kissing her hair, I scroll through my timeline on Instagram and stop on my post.

@rossr5: 2022 has been a blast. My brothers, my dad and I have been through many adventures together this year; exploring more of Africa, India, and Egypt, have brought us closer together on a new level. My mom still supports me like no other and continues to amaze me with her love for all of my siblings and always being our number one supporter. My sister is still my best friend and is still one of the most important girls in my life, continuing to help me out with everything I do. You, the fans are still hanging with us, continuing to grow. And I hope through 2023, new chapters will open up...

"Why'd you put the dot dot dot at the end?" She asks, looking up at my face. I look down at her with a small smile.

"I'm posting a picture of us and saying like this one." I say, hugging her tighter. "I know it's cheesy, but I am a romantic, love." I add.

"You're right, it is cheesy." She replies, scrunching up her nose. Rolling my eyes, I plant a kiss on her lips. After a few seconds, she pushes up on my chest. "Look at my post." She says, leaning her head back.

"Kiss me again." I whisper. "Please?" I add, pouting my lips.

"Look at my post and I'll kiss you." She mumbles, looking down at her own phone. I stick my tongue out at her and look as well.

@lauramarano: Thanks for supporting me through all my years. 2022 has been the best year yet, thanks to you guys. I'm super happy to announce upcoming projects, new people, and new opportunities this year. My album is number one right now, and I hope my future albums will be too. Thank thank thank thank you for such an amazing year. I love all of you so so so so so so much!!!!!

"You're gorgeous, you know that?" I say, earning a small smile from her. "And don't you dare go saying it's because that makeup on your face. Because it's not." I add on, now full on hugging her.

"Thank you." She mumbles. "You're pretty gorgeous yourself." She jokes, pulling away. "More dorky, but gorgeous nonetheless."

"Well this dorky dude deserves a kiss. So pucker up buttercup." She chuckles a little and goes on her tiptoes. Before she could kiss me, one of my stupid brothers ruined the moment.

"Ew, don't kiss in front of me." Sighing, I pull my head away from Laura's and glare at my older brother.

"Shut the hell up, Rocky." I mutter, unwrapping my arms from around Laura. She laughs and looks at Rocky, who was holding his phone in one hand and his burrito in the other. "Have you gone over the lyrics?" I ask, completely getting off track.

"Yeah, I had Riker sit down with me earlier this morning. Most likely by next week we'll announce the date." He says. "When do the two of you leave for the Bahamas?" He asks. A huge smile appears on Laura's face at the mention of our trip.

"January fourth!" She cheers, throwing her arms in the air.

"Make sure you pack a lot of condoms bro-" Laura throws her phone at Ryland who was now laying on the bed. "Ah!" He screams shielding his face with a pillow. "Jesus, Ross. You're teaching her bad things. Innocent little Laura would never throw he phone at me."

"Innocent? Did,e she's definitely not innocent- OW!" I screech, rubbing my chest. "Jesus, what am I teaching you?" I mutter.

"Say something else and I'll kick you in the balls." She replies, giving me a straight face.

"What? It's not like I told them your amazing birthday present for me." I smirk, winking at her. Laura, sweet innocent Laura, bought some lingerie and surprised me with decorative candle lit hotel room. Let's just say that night was one of the best birthdays ever.

"Laura? Tell us." Rocky smirks, staring right at Laura. She rolls her eyes and sits down on the chair.

"I hate all of you." She replies, crossing her arms.

"But you love me." I tell her, sitting on her lap.

"Maybe, but now your crushing me." She says, trying to push me off her. "My legs aren't meant for your heaviness." She adds, pushing harder.

"Then let me sit." I say, standing up. "You can sit on me. Because apparently I'm too fat for your little body." She narrows her eyes and takes my hands as I pull her up. I sit back down and grab her hips, abusing her to come crashing down on my thighs.

"Exactly. My little body can't take your weight. You're not fat, Ross. I'm just little." She thinks I'm mad that she called me fat...

"Love, I know." I tell her. She was almost eye level with me. "You didn't call me fat. I called myself fat. And I know I'm not fat." She nods her head a little. I stick my lips out a little, hoping she'd give me a little kiss. She gives me a small smile and kisses my lips for a few seconds.

"Aw, I'm so happy you two are together." My mom says, walking over to us. "And I'm also so happy you're telling the fans. I can't wait to take all these cutesy pictures and send them to Ellen and post them all over Instagram." She gushes.

"Enough of them. We ready to walk the strip?" Riker says, teasing Laura and I a little.

I've always loved Las Vegas. Not just because the amusing types of people who walk the strip of the barely dressed hot females who pose for pictures, although that has a little something to do with it... but I really enjoy the lights and the scenery. All the small shows that the hotels put on take a lot of thought and it amazes me to see some of them.

"Babe, come here real quick." I jerk my head towards Laura's voice and see her walking side by side with Rydel Taylor, and Vanni. For the last hour, the three of them slowly trailed behind my brothers and I and kept their own little secret huddle. I politely excuse myself from Ryland's interesting hockey talk and walk towards Laura.

"What's up?" I ask, falling into step beside her.

"I was wondering if you'd be okay with me staying with the girls tonight? Ellington volunteered to stay in Rocky's room so you'd get the room to yourself." She tells me, wrapping one of her arms around my own arm and intertwining our fingers with her other hand. I furrow my eyebrows at her touchiness, especially in public.

"Yeah, that's fine." I tell her, gently pressing a kiss on the top of her head. I would kiss her cheek, but I don't wanna bend down and she's not wearing heels... "And what's up with you clinging onto my arm?" I ask, a smirk on my face. In all honesty, I'm more cuddly or clingy at home, but I guess we've never really done stuff in public.

"I feel bad for leaving you tonight." She replies, shrugging her shoulders. I furrow my eyebrows. "It's New Year's Eve, I feel like we should spend it together, you know?" She explains to me.

"You're fine, love. I don't mind." I reply. "Were leaving for the Bahamas soon and you'll be all mine then, so I don't mind." I say, being completely honest.

"You said I don't mind a lot. Is that code for your mad at me?" She asks. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Laura, seriously?" I say. "I don't care." She gives me a guilty smile. Bending down a bit, I plant a sweet kiss on her lips.

"Thank you." She mumbles, holding my arm tighter. "I love you." She adds, a bit louder.

"I love you, too." I reply. For awhile, her and I walked like this, almost like she was afraid to let go of me.

"Baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby-" Laura reaches up and covers my mouth with her hand. Smiling like an idiot, I grab her waist and keep her from moving.

"Jesus, Ross. How drunk are you?" She asks. I watch her face as I lick her hand. Considering she's a major germaphobe, her face was priceless. "Ew! You idiot!" She squeaks, trying to get away. I squeeze her tighter against me. "You're disgusting." She mumbles. Midnight was just five minutes away, and I was for sure drunk. I'm sure Laura was buzzed, but knowing her, she probably had two glasses of wine.

"You love me." I say, bringing my head down.

"Unfortunately." She mutters. I slightly slap her ass. "You really are drunk, aren't you?" I chuckle.

"A little." I admit, now squeezing her ass.

"You're a touchy drunk." I nod my head, agreeing with her statement. "Eh, at least you admit it."

"Love, I'm touchy all the time." I say, closing my eyes.

"Yeah, I guess that's true. But guess what? You'll have to cuddle with your pillow tonight." I stick out my bottom lip at her words. "Don't get all sad, you said it was fine." She says, swiping her thumb across my cheek.

"It is fine." I tell her. "I just love you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so-" Once again, she covers up my mouth with her hand.

"Okay, you my friend, need to clam down." I furrow my eyebrows.

"I ain't yo friend!" I somewhat shout. Laura shushes me with a smile. "Aye, thirty seconds and I'm all yours." I add on, smirking.

"Twenty seconds and I'll be kissing alcohol." She replies, smirking back.

"Haha, so so so so funny." I retort.

"TEN!"

"I love you." I whisper.

"NINE!"

"I love you, too."

"EIGHT!"

"You're my soulmate." She smiles wider.

"SEVEN!"

"Am I?" She asks.

"SIX!"

"I love you."

"FIVE!"

"Ross, you already said that."

"FOUR!"

"But it's true."

"THREE!"

"Well, I love you too."

"TWO!"

"For forever?"

"ONE!"

"For forever."

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

I wasted no time pressing my lips against hers. Her soft soft lips. She was the first to pull away and whisper something so sweet and simple, yet it made me feel like I was on top of the world with only her as a view.

"Happy New Years, Ross. I love you." Smiling like an idiot, I press my forehead against hers and rock us back and forth, enjoying this little moment between us.

"I love you, too." I whisper back, pressing my lips against hers again.

"Hey, I would gladly appreciate it if you would take back your damn phone so I can continue to kiss my boyfriend." Taylor says, causing Laura and I to pull away. Ryland was looking at Taylor like he wanted to suck her face off for hours. In all honesty, he's whipped. But then again... so am I. I badly reach for my phone and try not to throw up as I see them lip lock. I will never get use to seeing my little brother kiss a girl.

"Do you want to post them now?" I ask, already sending her the photo. She gives me a nod and opens her own phone. "Don't post it until I'm ready." I tell her, typing a simple text out.

@rossr5: Like this one. 2023 is looking pretty good to me so far. I love you. (@taylor.hannigan took this and threatened to hurt me if I didn't give her credit) #Raura2023

Laura shows me her phone after we read mine, and I couldn't help but smile.

@lauramarano: Couldn't imagine ringing in the New Year kissing anyone else. I love you. (Thank you @taylor.hannigan for threatening my boyfriend into taking this. You're the best💕) #Raura2023

"On three?" She says. Nodding, she quietly counts to three and we each post it at the same time. "Guess its official." The comments were already flooding on each of our posts.

"Who would've guessed we would end up together." I say, keeping my arm around her shoulder.

"They did." She replies. "All of them did."

"I guess."

"Don't go." I whisper, keeping my phone angled at the two of us.

"I gotta go." She replies, keeping her chin on my chest while my one arm is wrapped around her back.

"Don't." She laughs a little and puckers her lips. I gently plant a kiss on her lips just as the video ends. For real, I wrap her in a tight hug and kiss her hair. "I'll see you later." I tell her, pulling away. "Good night and I love you."

"I love you, too. Nightly night, Ross Shor." I give her one last smile and rewatch the Snapchat video, putting a quick caption.

She's leaving me tonight to sleep with the girls... at least I'm still her favorite.

Sighing, I shut the hotel room door, lock it, and walk over to the bed. It was nearly four in the morning and I was extremely exhausted and completely sober now, waiting for my body to crash at any second. I scroll through Twitter, smiling at some people's tweets.

• like I said before... i'm super sorry for such a late update... the next one will hopefully be up by next saturday. please be sure to vote, comment, and follow me! love you, babes💜

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

137K 4.4K 42
One last night. One last drink. One last touch. Ross Lynch and Laura Marano swear on those words, yet there never seems to be a last. They should've...
235K 7.4K 31
"We're enemies!" I shouted at him. "But I'm in love with you!" he yelled. Tears fill my eyes. "I love you too, but we're meant to be apart." I said b...
8.5K 305 41
You don't want to fall in love but you just do . Love's just unexpected. Especially when the girl you love's falling for you. Time's a bitch, but it...
140K 4.6K 117
This is my first fanfic and I am new so dont laugh at me. Here we go: How can someone so beautiful and down to earth not be available?? I love her bu...