9 | 4th of July = Fireworks

I'm What You're Missing: 9 | 4th of July = Fireworks
| Ross Lynch |

"Laura Marie Marano, get you're cute little booty over here and give me a big hug!" I hear my mom say, the second Laura and I reach the spot where everyone's relaxing in the sand. Apparently Laura and I are the last ones here... Instead of following Laura, I walk over to my brothers.

"Hey." I say, sitting down next to my brothers in the sand. "What have you guys been doing?" I ask.

"Eh, talking about random stuff. But... since you're here... how are you and Laura doing?" Rocky asks, smirking. Riker chuckles and gently kisses his sleeping sons head while Ryland messes with his hair, smile and all. I look out to the water, immediately recognizing Rydel and Ellington running around with Jackson in the shallow water.

"Good." I whisper. "Last night, I mentioned that we should write a duet." I add, picking at my fingernails. "But she kinda shot me down, I think." I say, kinda quietly.

"What do you mean?" Riker asks.

"She said maybe. Then just said I need sleep. Night. Like, did I say something wrong or?..." All three of them looked like they were thinking hard. "She also said we'd talk about after the trip maybe."

"I don't think you said anything wrong. Maybe she's just uncertain. Or maybe her label won't let her do duets. You never know." Rocky explains. "That or she's afraid it'll change your relationship." He adds. "But shhh, she's coming."

"Aww, this little fella must be Noah." Laura says quietly. "Riker, he's so cute." She gushes, sitting beside me.

• • •

Here I sat, on a cement ledge just in front of the motor homes, watching as Laura was running around with my family. She was mostly hanging with my little cousins and my brothers, either passing the football or getting tackled by Ryland or Rocky. Jessica and Taylor were both playing, but Rydel was with Vanni in one of their motorhomes letting the babies get some sleep.

"Hi, Ross Shor." My mom says, standing beside me. She leans her back up against the wall and wraps her arm around my waist, resting her head up against my side. "I've missed her." She says quietly.

"That makes two of us." I mumble, wrapping and arm around her shoulder. I watch as Jess accidentally runs into her, making the both of them fall in the sand and laugh their asses off.

"You still like her, don't you?" She asks. Chuckling slightly, another small firework goes off close by. I don't even understand why people light off fireworks when it's not even dark out. Sure, it's nearing seven o'clock, but still, wait till it's dark. "Are you gonna answer me or leave me hanging, Ross?" She asks.

"Yeah, I still like her. Love, maybe." My mom squeezes my side as she awes.

"Are you gonna tell her how you feel soon?" She asks, looking up at my face, yet I keep my eyes trained on Laura's figure. Her fucking festive bikini is giving me life right now. And let's not forget the drive over here when she was in fucking shorts and all I wanted to do was keep my hand planted on her thigh. I mean, we both went swimming earlier, but she stayed with the girls while I tried to surf with the guys. I haven't had much time to hang out with her.

"I-I don't know." I answer truthfully. "I don't want to mess things up." I add, looking down at my lap. "Last time I tried to tell her how I felt she fucking told me she had a fucking ass of a boyfriend who, by the way, ended up fucking cheating on her with a dumb ass bimbo." I mutter. "Sorry, I'm pissed at Andrew for that." I whisper.