The Sins of a Father

By CharlyDashwood

Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter Twenty - four
Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven: Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Final Battle
Chapter Twenty Nine: Memories of a Father
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One!
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Three

6K 152 55
By CharlyDashwood

                The day of the wedding had been fastest day of my life. Everyone was either getting dressed or helping with the tent outside or help preparing the food I could only imagine how busy my own wedding would be. My dress had been a velvet red color that swept passed my calves  the sleeves were only ¾ long and were were completely lace. The neckline went a little lower than I had been used to but it didn't bother me too much. I wore black flats which contained embedded white lace around them.  I curled my midnight black hair then tied half of it up; there wasn't much I could do with all my hair. While standing in the mirror I gathered my bangs and pinned them to one side of my head. My bangs almost reached the bottom of my face, they were getting too long, and I needed to cut them soon along with the rest of my hair. Finally I put on some medium red lip stick that made my face pop out, and then I hesitantly walked down stairs to meet George at the bottom. I noticed Harry and Ginny kissing and I smiled at the fact that my little brother was falling in love.

"Morning..." George greeted them while sipping his coffee, the two broke apart shocked at the intrusion. I went to the bottom and stood next to George.

"Oh George, let them have their fun, who knows the last time he's going to be able to kiss her like that," I commented from the bottom of the stairs.

"Raven... wow..." Harry commented, which caused George to finally turn and look at me and he seemed mesmerized.

"Am I dreaming or are you really wearing make up?" he asked, with a slight chuckle in his tone. I stood right next to George as he laughed. Wrapping one arm around his waist, I placed the other on his chest, playfully pushing him.

"Oh do you want me to pinch you?" I asked sarcastically but actually pinched his side playfully, he flinched away from me while I chuckled and tried to do it again but this time he dodged me and grabbed my wrists then turned them cross across my lower stomach. "This isn't a dream and the make-up thing isn't going to happen regularly so don't get use to it. Now come one we have a wedding to get too." I tried to release myself from him but George's grip tightened around my wrists.

"The wedding doesn't start for a couple of hours, why don't we start planning ours?" he suggested. I smiled and truth be told that I wanted to start but the fear of losing him still hung in the air and I didn't want to risk it.

"Why don't you and I survive the war first and then we'll make plans alright?"

"At least tell me when you want it."

"Spring time," I responded.

"Spring? Why spring?" he asked curiously.

"Because spring is the symbol for rebirth," I answered back. "And the weather is nice," I added.

Three hours later

                Fleur walked down the long aisle and into the tent where the service took place. I sat between Fred and George and held George's hand while slightly paying attention my mind drifted onto my own version of my wedding. I imagined my own very small, with all of my school friends, and my father, my brother and such. I even imagined my mother, grandparents and even Sirius being there (even though that would be impossible). I didn't really know where I wanted to have it but I imagined a spring setting with a few clouds in the sky. Nothing going wrong, not one thing, I imagined the reception being spectacular, a tent much like the one Fleur and Bill getting married in only not as big. The idea seemed wonderful but I didn't really care about the wedding itself, just as long as George came home alive then that's all the mattered to me.

                Finally Bill and Fleur were married and the tent was transformed into a reception area with tables set up and music playing and most importantly, Aurors guarding the entrance, which brought me some piece of mind. George and I did some kind of jig that I didn't know the name of but I strangely knew what to do. I talked with Luna and her father for a while and he told me about the Quibbler and the kind of stuff they wrote about and then Luna noticed my ring.

"By the way Raven, congratulations, when's the big day?' she asked lightly.

"Whenever Voldemort is taken care," was the only kind of response I could give her and anyone else who congratulated us. Some asked who I was going to be married too, when I told them, most nodded one person even chuckled.

"How is your night going not so far future Mrs. Weasley?" George asked me after a while.

"Very well, you know a lot of people don't take you for the marrying type, I've had five people ask me who I would be marrying and when I answered a few of them laughed," I explained, George chortled a while and I joined in soon after.

"I love you Raven, Faye Evans Snape" George told me gently. I smiled because now I could return the phrase.

"I'm in love you George Weasley." We both smiled, George caressed my cheek.

"Will you say it again for me please?" he asked. Standing on my tippy toes, I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved closer to his ear.

"I love you George, with my whole heart I love you," I whispered and kissed his cheek.

Everything changed after that moment. After that moment of happiness darkness entered the tent, An orb flew in and announced that the ministry had fallen and that the minister was dead. People started to apparate while the Order began throwing spells at the Death Eaters that had entered shortly after orb had disappeared. I searched frantically for Harry, Ron and Hermione but once I saw them I knew that they had everything under control, Hermione had apparated the two boys away and I let out a breath of relief but it was a quick breath. I thought that after the Death Eaters saw that Harry had left they would stop but they didn't stop because they were also after me. I needed to stop this, I knew how and I would do it. I moved to the center of the room, leaving George alone.

"STOP!" I cried out, there seemed to be a little bit of recognition. "Stop! I know why you are here, Harry left but I also know that Snape ordered you to bring back his daughter," that's when everyone stopped what they were doing.  I looked at George, smiled weakly then returned to now figured Death Eaters.

"That's right, you're a smart one, aren't you?" one commented.

"I'll go with you willingly as long as you promise to leave these people alone, it's me and Harry you want, well you have me so take me and leave them be," I ordered with a shaky voice. The Death Eaters talked amongst themselves for a while. It was long enough for George to get to my side.

"No, Raven what are you doing?" he asked, anxiously.

"I won't have people getting hurt because of me and Harry, one of us is gone and for good reason. Harry's the only one who can defeat the Dark, we need him alive," I told him urgently.

"But I need you alive," he argued, taking my shoulders into his hands.

"Honestly George I don't see the point in my father going through all this trouble just to kill me, I'll be fine and when I'm free I'll find you." I returned my attention back to the Death Eaters, who had finished talking. "So have we got a deal?" I asked.

"Yes, now come on," he told me impatiently. I had started to walk forward, when Molly started to protest, Arthur hurriedly hushed her. When I reached them George called out my name, I turned in his direction and saw him jogging towards me, he didn't stop jogging until his arms embraced me and he quickly kissed hard on the mouth, it had been so quick. When I looked back at him, I had started to cry a little bit, and then allowed the Death Eaters to apparate away with me. We landed in the yard of Malfoy Manor. They pushed me roughly through the gates and the door. I heard them laughing and my breathing became uneasy. They held my wrists from behind me, then entered a room. I didn't get the chance to see whose presence had been in the room because the pushed me to the ground.

"Who is this?" the voice sounded slithery like a snake, I vaguely looked up and the sight I saw was the Dark Lord himself. It was hard to mistake him for anyone else.

"This is Raven Snape, that's who," one of the Death Eaters answered with an irritated huff. A flicker of amusement splashed on the Dark Lord's face as they revealed my identity.

"Ah Severus's daughter, you two bring him in here, I would like a moment with his precious daughter." The two Death Eaters left the room. I stayed on the ground, my goal was to stay alive and that meant not making the most powerful wizard angry.

"Please Raven, stand up." I hated the way he said my name, I almost wanted to puke but I did as he told me to. Voldemort even looked like a snake, only without the scales. He was bald and had slits in his eyes that looked very similar to Snake eyes beady and soulless.  He had no nose...  The only hint of him ever having a nose was a little bump where his nose should have been. Voldemort stood up moved around, he even walked like a snake!

"You look so dressed up? Did my Death Eaters interrupt something?" he asked mockingly; I opened my mouth and tried to speak confidently.

"A wedding reception for - "I stopped myself if I told him what I was going to then he would hurt George or the rest of his family. I looked up at him with the most bravery I could profess and I knew that he wanted me to continue.

"Go on," he urged smoothly.  I didn't know what else to do so I panicked and opened my mouth.

"My future brother and sister in law," I couldn't believe what I had just said probably the biggest mistake of my life just happened. Standing Voldemort eyed my body  and walked around me before finding what he had been looking for on my hand. He picked it up then 'awed' at the ring sitting on my finger.

"So you aren't married yet then?" he asked still holding my hand, which was turning cold within his grasp.

"No." Fear slowly started creep up into my face; he could tell that I was afraid of him.

"Ah Severus, I'm so glad you're here you see my men just picked up your daughter for you, I didn't know you had a daughter and did you know that she's going to be married?" I looked at my father who stood behind Voldemort. He tried to hide the surprise on his face.  "Now, I'll give you a few minutes alone before I start the questioning." Voldemort descended out of the room and closed the doors behind him.

"Did the Death Eaters harm you in anyway?" he asked, walking closer to me. I ignored him and started to walk about the room analyzing every detail in the room. "Are you getting married to Weasley?" he asked again, I ignored him. "Raven, please talk to me, I'll try to get the Dark Lord to spare you but I don't know if he'll listen to me again," he cried out that sparked my interest, I turned around to face him this time.

"What do you mean again?" I asked him.

"The night your mother and James Potter were murdered I had asked the Dark Lord to save your mother and he told me that he would but he didn't and I don't know if he'll kill you."

"Well he's probably going to be asking me about Harry and his whereabouts and I'm telling you this now that I don't know anything about his whereabouts, the only thing I do know is that he's gone and that's it," I told him truthfully.

"Are you really getting married to Weasley?" he asked.

"What if I am?" I asked challengingly. Turning to face, I folded my arms across my chest, waiting for him to fight me on the subject but instead his composure remained the same. Tall, stoic yet heavy with hidden emotion.

"Then I'm very happy for you and I know that you'll take care of each other. I just hope that he lives through the big war that's coming ahead."  Before I could respond to him Lucius Malfoy opened the doors with shaky hands; if I hadn't known better I would've guessed that the man standing at the door way was some bum on the street. He looked like a mess.

"The Dark Lord has commanded your presence right a – away." I looked at my father for I hoped wasn't the last time then followed Mr. Malfoy to a dining area where his wife and son sat with their heads held high. I stopped at the edge of the table, which made me and Voldemort exactly parallel with each other.

"You all understand that this is not Harry Potter but it's the closest we've gotten in a long time. No, this woman is Severus's daughter and even better the mother is easy to guess just look into her eyes." Being in a room full of Death Eaters and Voldemort didn't frighten me that much, but when all eyes turned on me that's when I felt the most uncomfortable.  "If you hadn't guessed already, her mother was one, Lily Potter. Her name is Raven Faye Evans Snape." People talked amongst themselves in hushed whispers and asked Severus all the questions about when he had the chance to have my mother. "Now Raven, seeing as how you are Severus's daughter I have a proposition for you," a smile slithered across his face then continued. "You can join us in the downfall of the Wizarding world become the witch you are meant to be. Tell us all that you know of Harry Potter's whereabouts and his plans then you and your fiancé will not be harmed." The decision had to have been the hardest one I ever had to make but then again, it was also the easiest.

                I knew that he was lying, but then again he sounded so certain of his deal and I actually really didn't know where Harry was or what he was doing either. I only knew that Dumbledore had a mission for him and if I told the Dark Lord that then I would be dead for sure. My heart and my brain for certain knew that I would never become a Death Eater that was the easy part of the decision. I looked around the room staring back at all the dark faces in room, staring at my father's face for some hint of guidance. I knew what I was going to say and I was most likely going to be killed because of it so I told George in my heart goodbye then I stretched my mouth open.

"I don't know where Harry is and I don't know what he's doing, all I know is that Dumbledore asked him to do something and I will never join you Voldemort." I imagined a choir in the background cheering me on as I spoke, which made me feel a little bit more confident.

"Pity... Tell me Raven at Hogwarts, were you Slytherin like your beloved father or a Gryffindor like you muggle mother?"

"Neither, I was a Hufflepuff," I answered feeling uncomfortable again. The group around me chortled at my reply, true being a Hufflepuff wasn't exactly the "coolest" thing in the Wizarding world but that's what I was and always will be.

"Oh how disappointing to your father, Severus I bet you were hoping her to be in the same house as you, correct?" Voldemort asked, with a slight mocking grin on his face; Snape returned a fake crooked smile but didn't reply. "So you won't join us, then I guess we'll have no further use for you. Severus will you please do the honors?" Voldemort asked him. Snape tensed up, I continued chanting love towards George even though he could not hear me. I instantly started to imagine all of our happy moments together as friends and as a couple. Then all of a sudden it didn't seem so bad to die right now, I felt like I was doing a loyal thing for my brother and friends, all my fears of death have vanished.

"Go on father, kill me. Kill me like you killed Dumbledore but before you do may I write a letter, to my fiancé?"  The request being granted seemed a little far fetched but I wanted to try anyway.

"What will be in this letter of yours? Our location?" one Death Eater asked.

"No, I just want to tell him goodbye since I didn't get to properly, back at the wedding," I casted a glared at the two Death Eaters who took me away.

"Very well, Lucius get this girl some paper, a quill and some ink," he commanded. Lucius looked up from his hands then stood up, quickly got some paper and the other supplies I needed. I moved towards the edge of the table where I started to write the letter.

My Dearest George,

I may not be alive when you receive this letter. I 'm so terribly sorry that I am not able to marry you I hope that you can forgive me. Do not despair for too long my love, there is going to be a war and you need to live and fight for your family. I'm going to die at my own father's hand; it's a bit funny if you think about it. Let your memories of me course through your mind but don't dwell on my death be happy that I lived to begin with! I love you so much, more than you can comprehend and even though I'll be buried I'm going to love you in Heaven. or wherever it is we end up. You know Cedric came to me in a dream and he told me that he died because his soulmate died and that's what killed him and maybe we aren't soulmates (it pains me to say that) you will find yours I swear it! If we truly are soulmates then you should be dying right behind me. I was wondering if you would bury me next my mother at Godric's Hallow. Oh George I'm going to miss you, I love you with my whole heart and my whole soul, never forget that!

Forever yours,

Raven Faye Evans Snape

                Once I finished I let the ink dry by blowing gently then I closed it. I felt tears surfacing as I told George goodbye for the final time. I knew that George and I were meant to be together, I just knew it and leaving him behind made me feel so bare inside of my body. I looked at the Dark Lord with challenging eyes with my eyebrows raised.

"Did you want to read it?" I asked him, taking control of my shaky voice.

"No, but I do, however, have a question. Are you afraid to die?" he asked.

"No, because I know that I'm dying in place of something I know to be right and killing innocent people isn't right and I just wish you and everyone here could see that. Anytime you are ready father, I'm ready to go." My father stood up from his spot at the table but instead of reaching for his wand he looked toward the Dark Lord.

"My Lord, I believe we can use my daughter for leverage. I do believe that she and Harry Potter have a close sibling relationship, if we can find him we can tell him that we have his sister and he'll come running in an attempt to save her," Snape told Voldemort, his voice cool and collected. I knew what he was doing but I didn't understand why. Voldemort evaluated the idea in his head then started to nod.

"Once we capture Potter we can kill him, but where to keep her," Voldemort slithered

"We have a cellar, she can stay there," Narcissa Malfoy offered. I looked at her, she seemed more confident than her rigid husband but there was a slight sparkle of fear in her eyes.

"Very well, Bellatrix? Fenrir? Would so kindly move Ms. Snape to the cellar?" Voldemort asked. Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback got up from their seats then surrounded me.

"Let's go princess," Bellatrix sneered as she took hold of my arms then pushed my body forward, which forced me to bump into Fenrir who growled and turned around fiercely.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled at him the continued to follow until we reached a door, Bellatrix opened the door and I was rudely pushed inside.

"Have a lovely stay," she commented while laughing.

    The ground felt hard and wet, I immediately stood up and smelt the residue left on my hands. It smelt like water, I wiped it off on my dress the stain would come out if I got rescued. The place was pitch black and lonely. I felt for a wall then searched for a somewhat dry spot sat down, wrapped my arms around my legs and silently cried to myself. I had been so afraid since I got captured and meeting Voldemort almost dying almost saying goodbye to George was a lot to handle in one day. I cried and cried until all my tears were gone, a few hours later the door opened and Draco stepped in with his wand, which was conveying a light

"Alright Evans – er Snape – er Raven, I'm coming in so don't try anything funny," he threatened. I went towards the light and waved.

"Where would I go Draco? I don't have a wand and I don't know how to apparate very well, what do you want?" I asked him. He stepped closer to me and examined me closer,  he analyzed my face then drew back.

"Have you been crying?" he asked me.

"Yes, I have, now what do you want?" I demanded, hastily wiping away stray tears.

"Calm down, I only wanted to give you food but I can easily take it back," he started to walk away and I didn't care, I wasn't hungry.

"Why are you a Death Eater?" I asked him.

"Because it's what my father expects, now do you want the food or not?" he asked. I examined the food and I hesitantly took the plate from him.

"Thank you Draco." He stopped for a moment to turn around then left me alone in darkness once again.

I do NOT own Harry Potter or its characters! Hope you are enjoying the Story!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 61.1K 59
"Anyone you excited to finally meet?" she asked. "Harry Potter obviously! Then again, my dad does talk about this other boy a lot and from what I've...
14.3K 393 27
Casandra Clark is not an ordinary witch. She is a Ravenclaw, born in a pure-blood family that proudly consists of Slytherins only. To make matters wo...
201K 4.1K 27
Stacey Angela Ringe was Lily's best friend and the Marauders. She was a proud godmother mother of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. Her life was turned...
85.2K 1.8K 24
"Just because Lily Evans pushed you away, doesn't mean that YOU have to push everyone else away!" Ariana Hart was furious. She had enough of this. "D...