Royal Melody (Michael Jackson)

By LanasNose

It's the 1980s She's lived all her life being spread across magazines and TV screens. She's lost her childh... More

Chapter 1- The Marriage
Chapter 2- The Pregnancy's
Chapter 3- Organize & Argue
Chapter 4- Preparation
Chapter 5- Michael
Chapter 6- The Concert
Chapter 7- The Aftermath
Chapter 8- The Royal Tea
Chapter 9- The Call
Chapter 11- Secrets Relvead
Chapter 12- The News
Chapter 13- London
Chapter 14- Thugs

Chapter 10- The Hospital

730 23 15
By LanasNose

Diana's pov

Today I'm visiting the children's hospital again. I asked Charles if he'd like to accompany me but he refused and said he's busy.

I look through some nice things that I loved as a little girl to give to the kids.
I found the Annie™ film and The Mask™. I'll also arrange some flowers for them.

I have no idea where the boys are, they are spending the day with Charles and I want to say goodbye to them before I leave.

I went to their rooms but thier beds where perfectly made and thier pajamas folded.

I called Velvet and she said she hadn't seen them.

I go back into thier room thinking I could find some old toys or something that I could lend the kids. I want to make their stay there less boring.

I open a pirate themed chest and right on top was Michael Jackson's Moonwalker™ film. I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind me lending this to them for a while.
***********************************
Michaels pov

"do you think it's really him?" I hear a small voice.

"I'm sure it's him, how else would he have all this cool stuff" another answers.

"your right, no one in the world has a wardrobe like this...but just to make sure... "

I twist in my sleep as the curtains in my room are ripped open. I use my forearm to shield my tired eyes but what comes into view wasn't what I expected.

2 little boys at foot of my bed, one wearing my fedora was the other my rhinestone glove.

I giggle.

"oh hello" I say in a hoarse voice.

"Confirmed, it's him" William says to Harry in a serious and deep voice.

"what are you two up to?" I ask and glance down at them.

"we wanna be like you Michael" they say

"oh you do now" I smirk.

************************************
Diana's pov

I honestly do not know where these boys are, today they are ment to spend the day with thier father while I'm out.

I threw myself into my charity work in a very personal way, spending countless hours listening to the individual stories and problems of the people I visit.

Charles says it might as well be my job or career. And he doesn't like me away from him or the palace for a long time.

I make the trips at least three times a week, and spend up to four hours at a time with patients holding their hands and talking to them. Some of them will live and some will die, but they all need to be loved while they are here. I try to be there for them.

Charles always asks, "why do you do this and waste your time? They are going to die anyways"

He dosent understand that the worst illness of our time is that so many people have to suffer from never being loved.

I remember last year in 1987 there was still a lack of widespread education on how AIDS was contracted and many people believed that AIDS was contagious through casual contact.

I however, was one of the first celebrities photographed touching and holding HIV/AIDS patients and many experts credit me with removing the stigma associated with AIDS.

I mean really?
HIV does not make people dangerous to know. You can shake their hands and give them hug heaven knows they need it.

I don't get it Charles never wants to walk with me, or talk to me, or even just be with me in general...yet he doesn't like that I don't stay in the castle.

I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.

People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.

I paced back down the hall and I heard giggling and music coming from Michael's room.

I knock on the door and it's opened to reveal Harry and William dancing in fedoras and sparkling gloves, while Michael was in his Spiderman pajamas teaching them the classic moonwalk.

I laugh.

Michael quickly turns his head to me then turns down the music.

"oh, Diana. I was just teaching them some dance moves" he scratches the back of his neck.

"I see, you look like mini Michael's!" I say to the boys.

"yeah!" Harry and William both high five each other.

"Mum why did you not tell us Mr Michael was staying here? " the children asked.

"you two where already asleep and I didn't want to excite you" I explain to the Princes.

They nodded understanding.

"but, misters I have been running around the palace like a mad person, trying to find you. I need to leave soon and go to see the children"

I don't like the boys to think of it as a hospital, more just me loving and having fun with children.

"oh okay, must we go find daddy?" Harry asks

"yes, I believe he is in his study, now run along, it looks like you guys tired out Michael" I glance over to him sitting on his chair.

"bye Michael, thanks for the lessson!" William and Harry take off thier iconic getup and scurry out of the room.

I turn back to Michael and grin.

"guess you had an interesting morning, huh?" I ask.

"wasn't expecting it that's for sure." he runs hand through his hair.

"well I'll let you be" I say and head for the door.

"wait!" I hear Michael call.

"yes?"

"what are those?" he asks confused and points to the bags in my hands.

"I'm going to the children's hospital, these are just some things I'm going to lend and give the kids there, some toys, movies, etc." I expailn.

"oh Diana that's wonderful! I just adore children and seeing them struggle is like a stab to the chest. I'll do anything to help" he looked saddened.

Then I remembered Michael does a lot of humanitarian work.

"would you...like to come?" I offer him.

His eyes light up completely.

"I would love to!" he smiled his perfect teeth at me.

"well great, I'll let you get ready and meet you in my car" I say

He frowns.

"your car?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

"yes I have a car, but I only really use it to drive to the hospital, I don't like the press to follow me or recognize the royal families limo." I explain to him my trouble with the public.

"absolutely, I completely understand. I have the same problem...anywhere I go, they are there, in the bushes, the trees, everywhere!" he begins to get frustrated.

I nod along, we seem to share something in common.

The press, tabloid trash and media.

************************************
Michael's pov

"I don't think I've ever seen a princess drive before" I say as I look over at Diana.

We are driving in her small baby blue Volkswagen beetle.

"well I drive more often than you think, I like to...get away" she explains looking out into the distance.

I look at the traffic begining to fade away as we drive further away from the central London.

I had a medical mask wrapped around my mouth to protect my skin. It's not so bad now but I know I'll get worse.

See I've been diagnosed with a skin disease called vitiligo, it's when you loose the pigmentation in your skin, so it begins to get paler over the years and lighten, making your skin extremely sensitive to the sun.

It's not too bad know, but I'm definitely lighter from my younger black skin when I was a child.

It's spreading though, I see it in the mirror everyday, the patches all over my chest, legs, arms, and even on my hands, that's part of why I wear gloves.

I haven't made my diagnosis public yet, but it's spreading rapidly.

Diana was giving me an odd look when I walked up to her car with the mask on, but she hasn't said anything.

We finally arrive to a building that's in not do great condition

It has some cracked windows and dusty floors.

"I know it's in bad condition but after that cheque you generously gave, we are hoping to get it fixed up soon." Diana explains.

************************************
Diana's pov

I don't think I've seen it in anyone else but myself.

When we walked into Danielle's room, a 7 year old girl suffering with cancer that I've taken a liking to over the past few months of volunteering here.

When her eyes landed on me she smiled and waved, but when Michael walked in...it was a whole new expression of happiness and joy upon her face.

"Michael Jackson!" her small hand pointed to him and she smiled.

Michael turned to her and his eyes became a new shade of chocolate brown. They glanced to her hairless head and then to her big blue eyes.

He didn't even say anything all he did was walk up to her and held her in his arms.

"your beautiful" he whispered to her with his chin on her head and holding her small fragile hand inside his large one.

I looked closer at his hand and noticed some white patches...

"your the Michael Jackson!" she said, still in his embrace.

He smiled and laughed.

They both finished the long embrace and I pulled out my bag.

"hello Danielle, how are you doing?" I ask her.

"I'm good, a little board though" she said to me.

"well I brought you somethings that will cheer you up" I say and reach into the bag.

I pull out Annie and The Mask.

She claps and smiles with joy.

Michael peeks into the bag and pulls out his Moonwalker film. He looks over to me and raises an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you owned this" he said

"well it's Harry and Williams, they love it" I say

He sighs and pulls me for a side bar.

"would Harry and William be okay if I signed this and gave it to this little gem. I'll buy them another one" he whispered in my ear.

I smiled and said it was alright, I'm sure the boys won't mind.

He takes a pen from a nearby desk and autographs the film.

He walks over to Danielle and hands it to her.

She gasps and clings it close to her chest.

"I've always wanted to see this film, but I never got the chance. Thank-you Michael Jackson" she said and Michael leaned down and kissed her forehead.

As we walked through the hospital Michael singed up to volunteer and he put on a doctors outfit to help the children.

We strolled throughout the hospital and I gave some bouquets of flowers from the Royal garden at the palace that I had picked just before Michael arrived for tea.

I hand them out to some of the HIV/AIDS patients they had.

Michael and I hadn't realized we had been here for 8 hours and needed to get back to the palace.

I hate leaving this place, I wish I could stay here forever and just hug the children and let them know that they are loved.

***********************************
Vote and comment!

So I'm trying to make the chapters longer, so updates may be slow. But will try my best. X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 818 54
Cindy (Allison) and her roomate Linda who is diagnosed with cancer were living in a small apartment in New York. That is until one day they come acro...
31.7K 1.5K 38
**REWRITING** After traveling to the countryside to take a break from society, Monty Darling was beginning to relax into the solitude. That is, until...
5.2K 194 17
Life after her father's death was far worse than she could've ever imagined. ••• It'd been nearly a year since Imani Harris' father had passed away...
8.6K 255 21
[18+ Explicit] - Completed - Short Story - Formerly 'Prestige' Book 1 of Love Waltz Series (A collection of debut fics). First fic I made for Michael...