Maddison Winchester: Journal...

By MaddisonsMemoirs

Dean's deal came to an end four months ago, leaving Sam, Maddison, and Bobby behind to mourn him. When a fami... More

Journal 4
1 Lazarus Rising: Part 1
1 Lazarus Rising: Part 2
1 Lazarus Rising: Part 3
1 Lazarus Rising: Part 4
2 Are You There, God?: Part 1
2 Are You There, God?: Part 2
2 Are You There, God?: Part 3
3 In the Beginning: Part 1
3 In the Beginning: Part 2
3 In the Beginning: Part 3
4 Metamorphasis: Part 1
4 Metamorphosis: Part 2
4 Metamorphosis: Part 3
4 Metamorphosis: Part 4
5 Monster Movie: Part 1
5 Monster Movie: Part 2
5 Monster Movie: Part 3
6 Yellow Fever: Part 1
6 Yellow Fever: Part 2
6 Yellow Fever: Part 3
6 Yellow Fever: Part 4
7 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester: Part 1
7 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester: Part 2
7 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester: Part 3
7 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester: Part 4
8 Wishful Thinking: Part 2
8 Wishful Thinking: Part 3
8 Wishful Thinking: Part 4
8 Wishful Thinking: Part 5
9 Heaven and Hell: Part 1
9 Heaven and Hell: Part 2
9 Heaven and Hell: Part 3
9 Heaven and Hell: Part 4
9 Heaven and Hell: Part 5
10 Family Remains: Part 1
10 Family Remains: Part 2
10 Family Remains: Part 3
11 Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag: Part 1
11 Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag: Part 2
11 Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag: Part 3
12 After School Special: Part 1
12 After School Special: Part 2
12 After School Special: Part 3
12 After School Special: Part 4
12 After School Special: Part 5
13 Sex and Violence: Part 1
13 Sex and Violence: Part 2
13 Sex and Violence: Part 3
13 Sex and Violence: Part 4
14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 1
14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 2
14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 3
14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 4
14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 5
15 On the Head of a Pin: Part 1
15 On the Head of a Pin: Part 2
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 1
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 2
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 3
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 4
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 5
16 It's a Terrible Life: Part 6
17 The Monster at the End of This Book: Part 1
17 The Monster at the End of This Book: Part 2
17 The Monster at the End of This Book: Part 3
17 The Monster at the End of This Book: Part 4
18 Jump the Shark: Part 1
18 Jump the Shark: Part 2
18 Jump the Shark: Part 3
18 Jump the Shark: Part 4
19 The Rapture: Part 1
19 The Rapture: Part 2
19 The Rapture: Part 3
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 1
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 2
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 3
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 4
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 5
20 Lucifer Rising: Part 6
To be continued...

8 Wishful Thinking: Part 1

1.9K 58 36
By MaddisonsMemoirs

November 3rd - November 5th, 2008

We sat at some chain restaurant with an overly enthusiastic waiter, while Dean downed shots and Sam questioned him about his time in Hell.

Sam shook his head. "It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell us you remembered Hell if you didn't?"

"Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it," Dean said and then slammed another shot.

"Maybe, but he's still an angel," Sam said.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what—"

Our overly cheerful waiter walked up to our table. "Radical. What else can I get you guys?"

"Uh, I think we're good," Sam said quickly.

The waiter smiled. "Yeah?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chili changa?" the waiter asked in a sickly-sweet voice.

Dean shook his head. "No, no, we're— we're still good."

"Okay, awesome." The waiter nodded with a smile and then walked off again.

"Sam, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you what he did, okay," Dean said and took another shot.

"Right." Sam scoffed.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Okay. Fine. Then look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under," Sam said.

Dean rolled his eyes and then looked into Sam's. "I don't remember a thing from my time down under."

Sam scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I don't remember, Sam!" Dean retorted.

"Okay, can we stop with the third degree? We don't need to fight about this," I said.

Dean nodded and looked at Sam, who just sighed.

"Look, Dean..." Sam said quietly, "I just want to help."

"You know everything I do. Okay?" Dean asked. "That's all there is."

"Outstanding. Dessert time?" Our waiter walked back over with a smile. "Huh? Am I right?" He looked directly at me, but I just shrugged.

"Dude," Dean said, annoyed.

Our waiter leaned down onto the table. "Listen, bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme."

Sam shook his head. "Uh, no extremities, please. Just the—"

"Check?" The waiter placed our check down on the table with a huge smile. "All right, awesome." He walked away.

Sam nodded. "Thanks."

Dean took a deep breath and rolled his eyes. "All right, so, where do we go from here?"

Sam shook his head and pulled out his laptop. "I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see."

Dean nodded. "That's good news for once."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out." He handed Dean his laptop, and I looked at it next to him. "Uh... up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility. The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs." He nodded and smirked. "I can see you're very interested."

"Women, showers. We got to save these people," Dean said with a smirk as he guzzled down his beer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sam and I were meeting with Candace, the victim of the shower ghost. So Dean dropped us off at Lucky Chin's Chinese Restaurant, and he drove off to check out the fitness center. Candace believed that Sam was writing a book about strange events, and I was just tagging along.

"I'm not surprised the spirit world chose to make contact with me. I'm something of a... natural sensitive," Candace said.

Sam nodded. "I can sense that about you, Candace, that whole... sensitive thing."

"So, what did you say you're calling your book?" Candace asked.

"Oh, well, um..." Sam stuttered. "Well, the working title is... 'Supernatural.' Yeah, I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But, anyways, you were telling me about your encounter."

"Yes. Well..." Candace sighed. "Once I saw the apparition, that's when I started to run."

I realized Sam was distracted for a moment, and I followed his gaze until I landed upon a pretty girl kissing a man that looked like a cliché "nerdy" guy in a booth.

Sam cleared his throat and turned his attention back to Candace. "And you said the ghost chased you?"

Candace shook her head. "Not just that. It knew my name. It kept yelling, 'Mrs. Armstrong! Mrs. Armstrong!' And that's when I hit the stairs and fell."

"You fell? The ghost didn't push you?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I don't—" Candace sighed. "I don't know. I mean, I think it did. Maybe."

Sam nodded. "Did you feel like it meant to hurt you, like it was violent, or—"

"It was a ghost. I'm lucky to be alive. Anyway, I was at the bottom of the stairs, and that's when it got weird." Candace chuckled. "It helped me up."

Sam and I looked at each other.

"Say again?" Sam asked.

Candace nodded. "Yeah. It helped me up. And it kept saying over and over, 'Please, don't tell my mom.'"

Sam furrowed his brow. "Yeah, that's weird."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sam and I walked over to the Fitness Center, where we found Dean sitting on the front steps, reading a newspaper.

"Well, you pick up anything?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head. "No EMF in the shower or anywhere else. This house is clean."

Sam nodded. "Yeah. I'm not surprised. I kind of got the feeling back there that crazy pushed Mrs. Armstrong down the stairs."

Dean shrugged. "I got to tell you, I'm pretty disappointed."

Sam sighed sharply. "You wanted to save naked women."

Dean nodded. "Damn right I wanted to save some naked women."

Sam chuckled softly, and I shook my head.

"Sorry, Dean, but I don't think anything's going on around here," Sam said.

As we walked up to the sidewalk, a boy ran by, with three other boys were chasing him.

"Come on, guys, get him!" one boy yelled.

"I got him! I got him!" another yelled.

"Run, Forrest, run!" Dean shouted after them.

I turned to run after them and help the kid, but Dean put his hand on my shoulder. "You gotta let him fight his own battles."

"It's three vs. one, Dean. It's not a battle, it's a slaughter," I said.

"And you really think that they will stop bullying him if a girl does his fighting for him?" Dean asked.

"No, but it's that kinda thinking that I'd be willing to bet would make them not bully anyone again if they did get beat up by a girl," I sassed.

Sam laughed.

Dean thought about it for a second and finally nodded. "All right, you got me. Touché."

By the time we were done going back and forth, the boys were gone anyway, but I was still happy that he agreed with me.

"How the hell was I supposed to get a look at it?! It grabbed me from behind and threw me into a tree!" a man yelled at an officer a little way down the sidewalk.

"Something's going on," Dean said, and then he and Sam walked up to the men, with their badges ready.

I stayed back but listened.

"Yeah, okay, Gus. I understand you got shook up. Anyone would be. But don't you think it— don't you think it had to be a bear?" the officer asked.

"I know a damn bear track when I see one!" Gus yelled, "This thing didn't leave bear tracks! It's feet were huge!"

"Now, Gus—" the officer tried to calm him down.

"It was Bigfoot, Hal... The Bigfoot!" Gus yelled.

The officer shook his head. "Gus, you're not talking sense here."

"There's a Bigfoot out there..." Gus pointed to the woods. "Damn it, and he's a son of a bitch!"

"Excuse us," Sam said as they held up their badges to the men. "FBI."

"What?" the officer asked.

Sam nodded. "Yes, sir. We're here about the—"

"Bigfoot?" The officer asked in shock.

Gus crossed his arms like he had won the argument with the officer.

Dean nodded. "That's right."

"Sir, can you tell us exactly where this happened?" Sam asked.

Gus nodded. "Yes, I can."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After Gus gave them the coordinates to where he had seen Bigfoot, we hiked into the woods.

"What the hell's going on in this town? First, there's a ghost that's not real, and now a Bigfoot sighting?" Dean asked.

"Well, every hunter worth his salt knows Bigfoot's a hoax." Sam scoffed.

"Well, maybe somebody's pumping LSD into the town water supply," Dean said.

I listened to them bash the town until I, unexpectedly, spotted giant footprints in the dirt in front of us. "I wouldn't be so quick to judge."

Sam and Dean looked as shocked as I was.

"Okay. What do you suppose made that?" Dean asked.

"That, uh..." Sam shrugged. "Is a... big foot."

Dean nodded. "Okay."

We followed the tracks out of the woods into a liquor store that had been torn to shreds.

"So, what... Bigfoot breaks into a liquor store, jonesing for some hooch? Amaretto and Irish cream. He's a girl-drink drunk," Dean said as he helped himself to a bottle of whiskey off of a shelf and slid it into his jacket.

"Hey. Check this out," Sam said, pointing to an empty magazine rack.

"He took the whole porno rack?" Dean asked.

Sam grabbed a tuft of hair off of the rack.

Dean nodded. "Well, I'll say it again. What the hell is going on in this town?"

We walked outside and sat on the bench in front of the store.

Dean shook his head. "I got nothing."

"It's got to be a joke, right?" Sam asked, "Some big-ass mother in a gorilla suit?"

Dean shrugged. "Or it's a Bigfoot. Ya know, and he's some kind of an alcoholo-porno addict. Kind of like a deep-woods Duchovny."

A little girl passed by on her bike and accidentally dropped a magazine out of her basket.

We all looked down in shock at what the magazine was.

"A little young for Busty Asian Beauties," Dean said.

We walked around the back of the liquor store, where we found a box full of liquor and magazines, sitting on the back porch, with a sorry note on top. So, we decided to follow her to her house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.7K 93
John Winchester, hunter, protector, father. When he goes missing while on a job, Maddison, Sam, and Dean are forced to pick up the pieces and carry o...
97.1K 2.6K 78
When Maddison and her brothers join forces with their father to fight the Yellow-Eyed Demon, they narrowly escape with their lives. Maddison and the...
127K 3.4K 39
I was death. He was life... Two polar opposites in a world gone chaotic with battles between the forces of angels and demons. However, theirs was n...
16.1K 834 44
Maddison Winchester is the last of the Winchesters to be involved in the family business. What will Maddison do now that Cass and Dean have disappear...