Demons (A Luke Hemmings Fanfi...

By Marieeliz967

For Katelyn, high school was just another obstacle to tackle, full of the same routines and same fake people;... More

Teenage Dirtbag
Sail
Give Me Love
Wake Me Up
Animal
Wonderwall
Rough Water
Something Right
A Drop in the Ocean
Come to Me
Crazy for This Girl
Counting Stars
Sweater Weather
Do I Wanna Know?
Safe and Sound
Ghosts
The Girl
Fall
Yellow
I Dare You to Move
Unconditionally
Beside You
Kiss Me Slowly
Diana
Midnight Memories
Cold Coffee
Sunday Morning
Royals
Through the Dark
Sweet Dreams
Love is Blindness
Right Now
Story of My Life
Iris
Sleeping Sickness
Dust to Dust
Skinny Love
We'll Be A Dream
One Life
Demons 2

Misery Business

10.7K 215 102
By Marieeliz967

Chapter 30: Misery Business-Paramore

Katelyn's POV:

Finally! I was free from the cold that plagued be for almost a week. I seriously thought it would never end. By the time it was done my nose, throat and eyes felt as though they had been burned. They were all still so raw.

I didn't care though because I was free.

It was Saturday morning and I was just woken by a call from Taylor. Her and Samantha made plans to go to the mall and wanted to know if I'd like to join them. I had been stuck in the house, or suffering in school with that wretched cold and I needed a break.

"Yeah I'd love to go. I need to get out of the house...when are you leaving?" I asked getting out of bed.

"Maybe about 12? We can get some lunch while we're out." Taylor asked into the receiver.

"Absolutely."

"I'll be there to pick you up. See you then." She said and I hug up the phone. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 10:53 so I still had time to shower. I grabbed a pair of jeans from my drawer and a dark blue sweater. I walked into the bathroom to shower and closed the door behind me.

Placing my clothes on the toilet I looked out the small window that was facing the backside of the house. The snow we had gotten last week was almost completely gone, and the sun shined. Good. I was sick of this cold weather. I couldn't wait for spring.

The water ran down my face as I scrubbed away the gross feeling I had left over from my cold. I turned around and let it hit my back, allowing the water to warm me up. I took a deep breath letting the steam fill my lungs. It was great to be able to breathe again.

I finished washing my hair and shut the water, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my body. I threw my hair up into a messy bun. I hated the feeling of wet hair on my shoulders, it grossed me out.

I went to the mirror and wiped away the fog, looking at my reflection. With a sigh I bent over and took out my makeup bag and walked into my room.

After completing my makeup and getting dressed, I decided on leaving my hair natural. I didn't like it, but it didn't have much time left before Taylor would be here.

Before leaving my room I grabbed my bag and decided between my boot or sneakers, settling on the second option.

"Morning mom. Taylor will be here in 15 minutes. Care if I go with her and Sam to the mall?" I said grabbing a granola bar and a glass of orange juice.

"No that's fine, how are you feeling? You look better." She commented as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I feel better. I'm so glad I'm rid of that cold." I took a seat next to her and opened my granola bar.

"What time you think you'll be back?"

"I'm not sure. We're going to get lunch then shop for a while. I'll text you when we're on our way back."

She nodded and continued reading her book.

As I washed out my glass I heard a car honk. I walked over and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and entered the living room. Drew was sitting on the couch still in his pajamas watching Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles.

"Bye Drew." I said taking my coat off the hook and sliding into it.

"Bye Kate."

I walked outside and smiled slightly at the warmth.

"Hey." I said opening the car door to Taylor's VW.

"Hey. You look happy." She said putting the car in drive.

"I am, it's so nice out." I commented.

"It's perfect weather. You don't even need a jacket." Sam said from the back seat. She still wasn't wearing her glasses, and the bright blue that covered her bangs was fading.

"So where are going to eat?"

"We can stop somewhere on the way, or they have small places inside the mall." Taylor said, stopping at a red light.

"I'm fine with the mall. I just had a granola bar so I can wait." I said.

We drove to our destination, the time filled with conversation about Ashton, Luke and Michael. That was until Taylor made a slip about Calum.

"So have you heard anything from Calum...you know since that night?" She asked. When she realized her mistake she quickly said,

"I mean...because he left so quickly from the party...and we haven't seen him since..?" Her cover up sounded like a question and didn't fool Sam.

"Wait what happened with Calum?"

"Nothing." Taylor and I said at the same time.

"Tell me!"

"Ugh fine.." I went into explanation of the events that took place that nice and by the time I was finished we had pulled into a spot outside of the mall.

"He did that?" Sam asked in disbelief.

I nodded.

"Holy shit. Has he done anything since?"

"Not really. I'll see him in the hallways at school and he'll stare at me, or wink. He always has this smug smile on his face though, like he knows something that I don't."

"That's fucked up." Sam said.

I agreed and got out of the car, taking off my jacket and throwing it in the back.

We walked in and were immediately greeted by people with samples of perfume. Ugh my nose couldn't take this.

"No thank you. No thank you. No thank you." I said as I plowed through them.

"Damn Katelyn." Taylor said.

"I'm sorry I just hate people."

"I can agree with you there."

We looked around and Sam spotted a small Chinese buffet,

"Want to eat there?" She suggested.

"Yeah that works." I said as we walked over, maneuvering ourselves around the people filling the walkways.

We took our seats and waited for the waitress to take our drink orders.

When she reached the table she looked at Taylor and Sam, then wrote something down on her pad. She turned to me,

"How old are you?"

Are you serious?

"I'm 17." I said as calmly as I could. She looked shocked but didn't question. We placed our drink orders and she left.

"Why do they need to know our ages to eat? Everyone should have to pay same price." I said annoyed.

"Yeah but it's a buffet and children don't eat as much as adults." Taylor said.

"I don't look like a child."

"You don't, but you are short so I can see why she asked."

I groaned.

"Come on, let's go get our food." Sam said rising from her seat.

I grabbed a plate from the stack at the end of the counter and made my way down the isle. I wasn't very big on Chinese food but I didn't care; I was ravenous.

After filling my plate, I took my seat back at the table.

"So have you heard anything from your colleges yet, Taylor?" I asked taking a sip from my Sprite.

"Not yet. I should soon though. They said sometime in March, beginning of April the latest." She explained then took a bite of her food.

"That's good. You'll get accepted everywhere so you'll be fine."

"Thank you. I hope so."

"You still want to go for Forensic psych?" I said, shoving a piece of chicken in my mouth.

"Absolutely. I was undecided for a while. I didn't know if I could handle the crimes these people commit, but the more I think about it I don't want to do anything else. I was torn between that and Clinical psych though too."

"What's Clinical psych?"

"I'd be dealing with and treating people with mental illnesses."

"Either way you're working with messed up people?" I asked jokingly.

"I guess so, yeah." She laughed.

We finished our food and split the bill, then continued on through the stores. Each of us went our separate ways as we all had different tastes and shapes. When we all had a selection of outfits we met up and tried them all on.

Sam was first and stepped out of the changing room in her final outfit, an olive green knitted sweater which was open in the front, a white tank top and dark blue skinny jeans.

"I like that a lot." I said taking in her appearance.

"Me too. I'll have to borrow it sometime." Taylor said.

"The hell you are." Sam said and closed the door, changing back into her regular clothes.

"Taylor you're up." She sighed and entered the dressing room that Sam just emerged from.

When she came out she wore an outfit I never expected to see her in.

"What do you think? I saw it in the mannequin and thought it was adorable...it doesn't look right on me." She said looking in the mirror.

It was a knitted shirt sleeved sweater that was tucked into a high waisted, form fitting maroon skirt which had the suspended like straps attached.

"Taylor that looks great!" I said looking at her.

"Ashton's gonna love you" Sam teased.

Taylor blushed and went back to change. When she was done it was my turn. I entered the small room and hung up the outfit I chose. It was simple, but it looked comfy. I put on the stretchy black leggings, then pulled the light gray sweater dress over my head. Finally I slid on the the black boots I had picked out last minute.

"Okay, I'm ready." I said and unlocked the door.

"Damn Katelyn, you look hot." Taylor yelled and I could feel like heat rising up my chest.

I looked in the mirror and saw what she meant. I certainly didn't look hot, but I did look better than I expected. The dress was fitting and made it seems as though I had a nice figure, the boots had a small heel making me look taller. I smiled.

"Admit it, you look great." Sam said.

"I don't know about great, but I do really like it." I said stepping away from the mirror.

"You better get it, or I'm getting it for you." Taylor threatened.

"I'm getting it, don't worry."

They smiled and I changed once again.

*****

We had finished our shopping and were headed to the exit, taking our time as we looked through the windows of the shops.

I looked into one and immediately turned around. Really?

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked noticing my reaction.

"Remember that girl Ashley I told you about? Luke's ex." I asked.

"The bitch?" She asked.

I nodded,

"She's in there." Taylor and Sam carefully looked through the window and spotted her.

"She's pretty...she's got nothing on you though."

I was about to disagree but Taylor interrupted me.

"Oh shit. She saw you. She's coming over now."

Fuck. Well this should be interesting.

"Katelyn? Is that you? I didn't expect to see you here." Ashley said in such a fake tone. She was dressed in tight skinny jeans, a pain of high heeled riding boots and I baby blue top.

"I could say the same thing."

"How are you?" She asked and I could tell she didn't care.

"Fine. These are Taylor and Samantha. Guy..this is Ashley." I said trying to remain calm.

"Nice to meet the two of you." Ashley said.

"So you're the jealous bitch that's been messing with Katelyn. I have to say...I can see why Luke dumped you." I looked at Taylor shocked and Ashley did the same. Holy shit.

"Excuse me?" Ashley asked in disbelief.

"You heard her." Sam interjected.

I bit my lip trying to conceal the smile on my face.

"I don't believe I was talking to you. That hair dye in you hair must have got to your head." Ashley said to Sam.

"Ashley! That's enough." I said defending Sam who's anger was making itself known.

"No, I don't think it is. Here's the deal Katelyn," she started,

"Luke and I went through a rough time, but I love him and he loves me. You mean nothing to him and he'll never feel the same way about you. So here's a word of advice, leave him. He doesn't want or belong to you. I won't give him up." She finished.

"Holy shit. Are you that delusional?" I asked. Now it was Taylor and Sam's turn to look at me in shock.

"Luke left you. He doesn't want you. He is with me now and is happy. I love him and he loves me. Trust me, he's said it. I have no intention of giving him up. So pull your head out of your ass and move on with your pathetic life."

I had to admit I was proud of myself.

Ashley's face was turing red, her eyes glaring.

"Just wait Katelyn. You are going to regret saying that."

"I don't think I will. Enjoy the rest of your day." I said and quickly grabbed Taylor and Sam's hand and lead them past Ashley and to the car. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself as I put my bags in the trunk.

Slamming the door shut I took my seat.

"Kate that was awesome!" Sam said excitedly from the back seat. Taylor turned around and started to pull out of the spot.

"No it wasn't. I'm so sick of her. She's driving me insane!"

"Breathe Katelyn, she's gone and we're done." Taylor said trying to calm me down.

"No, it's not done. She will never be done. Ashley is always there tormenting me and my relationship with Luke. I can't handle it anymore."

"What are you going to do?" Sam asked me.

"I'm not sure." I groaned and rested my head on my hand.

"Talk to Luke about it."

"No, he wouldn't do anything. I love him, but he's not a fighter."

The rest of the drive was quiet as I sat thinking in my fit of rage. When Taylor pulled up to my house the sun was starting to set. I looked over at them apologetically.

"I'm sorry guys, I shouldn't have dragged you into the drama."

"No, don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault. She's a bitch." Taylor said.

I started laughing,

"Thanks for bitching her out today..that was unexpected."

They laughed,

"You're welcome. Thank you for coming, we had fun."

We said our goodbyes and I grabbed my jacket and bags from the trunk.

As I headed inside I remembered the Valentine's Day gift Luke gave me. I wondered if there was an "Open when you're feeling angry" envelope? I sighed and walked through the door.

"Mom?" I said as I hung up my jacket

"Upstairs." She yelled down to me.

As I walked up the flight of stairs I could hear the tv on and Drew's voice.

"Are you alight?" I asked as I saw them both lying on the bed.

"I think we caught your cold." She sniffed.

"I'm sorry." I said laughing. They looked so tiny laying in bed together.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"No I think we're good. How'd it go with Taylor and Sam?" My mom asked as she took a sip of water.

"It went good..." I stopped before I could mention Ashley, anger filling me again.

"I'll let you guys rest." I said, then closed the door.

As I walked into my room I went and grabbed the box of envelopes. Luckily I found the one I was looking for.

I quickly and carefully opened the letter and began to read.

Katelyn,

This letter is for when you are angry. I have to admit, the thought of you angry is slightly amusing. You're too kind and smiley to be angry. All joking aside, I am sorry for whatever has you upset. You shouldn't be angry but enjoying life.

What can I say to make you happy....?

I got it. Remember that time we went ice skating together. You said you always wanted to try it again, so I brought you. It took us forever to get our skates on but we eventually got it. Everything went well...for the first 5 minutes until we fell in the middle of the rink. Instead of getting back up like normal human beings, we just lied there and let the people skate around us. We stayed like that and watched the stars until we were finally told to get up or leave. Later that night you said that was the most fun you've had in a while.

That is one of my favorite memories of us together.

Don't let whoever, or whatever is making you angry get the best of you. They aren't worth it.

I hope this letter made you less angry, if not then I failed. I love you Katelyn.

Don't be angry,

Luke

I smiled at the memory and put the letter away. As amazing and sweet it was, I could not suppress the anger inside me. I didn't know why I couldn't let our encounter with Ashley go. I was just sick and tired of her always being there to bring me down, and make me second guess Luke's feelings for me. I know I shouldn't considering all the times he's told me, and the things he's done, but the insecurities I had left me worrying.

I had to put an end to this. I had to talk to her. Who would have her number? Then it clicked.

Michael.

He had been friends with Luke while he and Ashley dated, he had to have her number. I took out my phone.

"Hey small fry. What's up?" I heard his teasing voice say.

"Nothing...I just had a question."

"Okay, shoot."

"Do you have Ashley's number...you know Luke's ex?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh I know her alright, she was such a bitch...umm let me check." I waited.

"Yep, I have it. I don't know why.. Here it is." I quickly wrote down the number, then repeated it back to him to make sure I had it correct.

"Why do you need her number?" He asked.

"....I just wanted...to talk to her about Luke..?" I gave him a bullshit excuse.

"...okay?" He didn't by it.

"Please don't tell Luke. It's nothing important. I just need to talk to her."

"I won't tell him...you'll be okay though?" His voice was concerned, something I wasn't used to.

"I promise. Thank you Michael, you're the best."

"I know." He laughed.

I said goodbye and hung up.

Okay...what do I say to her?

*hey. It's Katelyn. We need to talk.*

I waited for a response.

*we certainly do. When?*

I thought for a moment. That was a good question. I decided we should be civilized and I'd take her out to dinner.

*Roxanne's diner. Tomorrow at 6?*

*fine. See you then.*

Well tomorrow would be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
606K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
328K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
865K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...