Misery Business

Chapter 30: Misery Business-Paramore

Katelyn's POV:

Finally! I was free from the cold that plagued be for almost a week. I seriously thought it would never end. By the time it was done my nose, throat and eyes felt as though they had been burned. They were all still so raw.

I didn't care though because I was free.

It was Saturday morning and I was just woken by a call from Taylor. Her and Samantha made plans to go to the mall and wanted to know if I'd like to join them. I had been stuck in the house, or suffering in school with that wretched cold and I needed a break.

"Yeah I'd love to go. I need to get out of the house...when are you leaving?" I asked getting out of bed.

"Maybe about 12? We can get some lunch while we're out." Taylor asked into the receiver.

"Absolutely."

"I'll be there to pick you up. See you then." She said and I hug up the phone. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 10:53 so I still had time to shower. I grabbed a pair of jeans from my drawer and a dark blue sweater. I walked into the bathroom to shower and closed the door behind me.

Placing my clothes on the toilet I looked out the small window that was facing the backside of the house. The snow we had gotten last week was almost completely gone, and the sun shined. Good. I was sick of this cold weather. I couldn't wait for spring.

The water ran down my face as I scrubbed away the gross feeling I had left over from my cold. I turned around and let it hit my back, allowing the water to warm me up. I took a deep breath letting the steam fill my lungs. It was great to be able to breathe again.

I finished washing my hair and shut the water, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my body. I threw my hair up into a messy bun. I hated the feeling of wet hair on my shoulders, it grossed me out.

I went to the mirror and wiped away the fog, looking at my reflection. With a sigh I bent over and took out my makeup bag and walked into my room.

After completing my makeup and getting dressed, I decided on leaving my hair natural. I didn't like it, but it didn't have much time left before Taylor would be here.

Before leaving my room I grabbed my bag and decided between my boot or sneakers, settling on the second option.

"Morning mom. Taylor will be here in 15 minutes. Care if I go with her and Sam to the mall?" I said grabbing a granola bar and a glass of orange juice.

"No that's fine, how are you feeling? You look better." She commented as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I feel better. I'm so glad I'm rid of that cold." I took a seat next to her and opened my granola bar.

"What time you think you'll be back?"

"I'm not sure. We're going to get lunch then shop for a while. I'll text you when we're on our way back."

She nodded and continued reading her book.

As I washed out my glass I heard a car honk. I walked over and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and entered the living room. Drew was sitting on the couch still in his pajamas watching Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles.

"Bye Drew." I said taking my coat off the hook and sliding into it.

"Bye Kate."

I walked outside and smiled slightly at the warmth.

"Hey." I said opening the car door to Taylor's VW.

"Hey. You look happy." She said putting the car in drive.