Counting Stars

Chapter Twelve: Counting Stars- One Republic

Katelyn's POV

As much as I hated Mondays, for some reason I didn't dread coming back to school today. I didn't walk down the halls thinking of how much I hated the annoying students roaming the halls, how long the classes were, or how annoying it was that I couldn't reach the top shelf of my locker. Today was different.

"Hey guys" I said approaching my friends at the school entrance.

"Hi" they all said in unison.

"Where's Kylee?"

"She stayed home today.. She didn't want to deal with Calum.." Sawyer replied.

"Oh, well how was your weekends?" I asked them all

"Pretty good, Ashton and I spent the day at his house talking about books and music " Taylor said proudly.

"Of course you guys did" I said jokingly.

"Mine was boring, as usual. " Sawyer said rolling her eyes. She's so stubborn.

"Mine was good" Samantha said smiling.

"Oh, we know yours was" I laughed.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Sawyer asked.

"Michael and Samantha got a thing going" Taylor said amused.

"Oh my god, I never expected that" Sawyer started laughing.

"Okay, that's enough." Samantha said while smiling.

"How was yours Katelyn?" She asked

"It was good.. Really good actually." I replied, remembering the party with Luke, and the date. This weekend was better than most.

We all went inside and departed to our classes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lukes POV

I entered the lunch room and sat at my usual table with Michael.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much, you?"

"Tired" Michael said while rubbing his eyes.

I looked over to Katelyn's table filled with her friends. Michael looked over too.

"Wanna go sit over there?" He asked with a smile

"I don't know if there's room.. Or if Katelyn will even want us over there"

"Oh come on, they'll make room." Michael said as he got up and slapped my back.

As we made our way towards the table, Katelyn looked up and smiled.

"Hi guys, mind if we sit?"

"No of course not" Katelyn said

I took a seat across from Katelyn and Michael sat next to Sawyer, across from Samantha.

A long silence remained until Michael, being the blunt person he is, said "Since Luke and Katelyn, Sam and I have been hanging out I think we should all get to know each other... Maybe hang out sometime."

We all looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, that'd be great" Ashton said

"How's this Friday?"

"I'm free, what about you guys?" asked Ashton

We all agreed despite how awkward that night is going to be.