It Takes Time / Reaper x fem...

By Mixedchillies

Reaper x female OC! When Reaper/Gabriel Reyes kidnaps Soldier 76's girl in revenge for their shared past, he... More

1. Pathetic, Girl
2. An Unwelcome Surprise
3. Hauntings
4. Try Harder
5. Breakdown
6. Light it Up
7. Domestic Goddess
8. Saviour
9. Touched
10. Blush
11. Routine
12. Did You Miss Me?
13. Midnight Smoke
14. Disquiet of the Soul
15. Reviving the Memory
16. Ripped Apart
17. Run, Hide, Seek
18. Scare Me
20. Fighting Spirit
21. Finishing the Marathon
22. The Smell of Steel
23. How to Save a Life
24. Kill Steal
25. A Little Gift
26. Fear Nothing
27. Intoxicating
28. Bodyguard
29. Worth Crying For
30. Unmasked
31. Mei-king Pancakes
32. Unravelled
33. Bring Him Home
34. Deadly Games
35. Worth A Shot
36. The Hurricane
37. Not Too Late
38. Three Words, Sienna.
39. Find Yourself
40. Challenge Accepted

19. Little Bird

340 17 15
By Mixedchillies

/recap: after being rescued by Soldier 76 from where she was kept captive by Reaper, Sienna is brought to the new secret Overwatch base where she is told they are safe - but somehow she finds herself being tormented by him day after day, as he hints that he has followed her there. Wracked with guilt at having exposed all of the Overwatch members, Sienna goes to tell Winston, only to be stopped by none other than Reaper himself - his appearance finally proving to Sienna that she truly did betray them all: Overwatch, her friends, and even her own heart./

What was she supposed to do now?

Sienna stood on the opposite side of the hallway, keeping eyes on both the dark corridor and Winston's office door with a guarded watch.

Reaper had straight up confronted her; pulled her into that corridor and told her exactly what would happen if she told Winston that he was here like she had been heading to do so.

Confused and scared, torn between continuing on to Winston's office or turning back now, Sienna knew it wasn't a light decision.

To tell Winston that she'd led Reaper and Widowmaker here, and show to all of Overwatch how she had betrayed them... or to turn back now and figure out another way to to solve this.

It was the same decision she had made up her mind on before Reaper had... pulled her off that track.

But now the ball was in a different park: a place with very different stakes at risk.

Do I risk telling him? Telling Winston everything?

Reaper's voice echoed through her mind; the way he had threatened them all if she revealed their presence.
'It won't be you who feels it first.'

The thought of watching her new friends die because of her was too much. It crept over her body and repulsed her so much she took a subconscious step backwards, away from the door. There was no choice to be made.

It's out of the question.

Even if telling Winston allowed them all a head start to prepare for battle, Reaper and Widowmaker already had access to the compound - and everywhere within it, it seemed.

It wouldn't work. They'd all be picked off one by one... and never even see it coming. Silenced before they even heard the news.

Sienna's head jerked back uncomfortably at the thought, pushing locks of curled hair around her cheeks, tickling her flushed skin.

But along with one uncomfortable thought came another more realistic one. If the two Talon members could easily do all that... they why had they not already?

What's stopping him finishing what he came for in the beginning?

'And more importantly,' Sienna muttered to herself, 'Why haven't they brought the rest of Talon along with them?'

The question sat, unanswered in her head as she turned, resolute, to walk back to everyone else.

If I tell Winston, everybody gets killed. No, there must be another way to solve this. Another solution.

With each footstep, nothing changed. With every thought, Sienna couldn't comprehend why they weren't all dead already.

A niggling feeling reminded her of the way Reaper had looked at her on that last night in his apartment; and how human he had appeared.
Compassion?
Was that it?

'No.' Sienna murmured, her brows knitting together in frustration. 'There's got to be another reason.'

Suddenly refocusing on her surroundings, Sienna could see she was, already, nearly at the common room. The sounds of casual chatter bubbled through the open doorway, and she could smell the sizzle of cooked breakfast bacon.
It should have smelled good - bacon was, after all, her favourite treat. But instead of making her mouth water, Sienna's stomach churned at the thought.

Standing out here all day isn't going to solve anything, Sienna. Calm down, you'll think of something.

With her nerves still buzzing, she lifted her head high and plastered a neutral look on her paled face; casually making her way into the kitchen-common room.
Immediately, the flash of Zarya's hot pink hair as she turned around with a fresh plate of the offending bacon caught Sienna's eye.
Despite herself, she couldn't help but smile. The huge Russian woman grinned wildly at her, putting down her plate to take heavy steps in her direction; pulling her into a bear-crushing hug.

A wave of security suddenly came over Sienna, and Zarya leaned out, putting her hands on either side of Sienna's arms in a friendly gesture.

'You must be Sienna, yes? I have heard much about you! It is good to have a local on the team.'

Slightly awestruck at the immense lady in front of her, Sienna could feel the blush of pride spreading up her neck, and the cold wave of fear withering away.

'It is an honour to meet you, I hope I can do some good here..' Sienna stammered slightly on the last word, realising how her actions so far had been practically the opposite of 'good'. Figuring it would be better to banish it from mind for now, she continued.

'I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself before now, I don't think I saw you around the base at all.'
Embarrassed at her own lack of manners, Sienna's hand crept to the back of her neck sheepishly.

Zarya only laughed in response, and clapped Sienna on the back with a hand.
'Of course not. I've been home in beautiful Mother Russia on a solo mission -' she tapped her nose knowingly and winked. '- top secret. They needed my strength back.'

A solo mission? I didn't know the Overwatch team could do that.

'Ah, well it is legendary, after all' she responded, the laugh in her voice not betraying how she was being completely honest.

... Wait, a solo mission?

'You heard those stories too? Spasibo, it has been a while since I told them.... And it was as good as the legends say they were.' Zarya's face lit up at the compliment, but she paused for a minute and looked at Sienna again.

 'But what about you? You're like a little bird, where's your muscle? Come train with me and I promise you strength!'

A thought suddenly hit Sienna in a wave and she couldn't visualise the thought quick enough, mumbling under her own breath to get it out.

'Overwatch aren't the only ones who can do things outside the direction of their organisation. They're working alone.'

Understandably puzzled, the pink haired weightlifter opened her mouth to question Sienna when she was interrupted before the words could even leave her mouth.

'Actually Zarya, can I take you up on that offer? I want... I need to be able to fight. Will you help train me, if it's not too much to ask?'

Immediately, it was obvious that it definitely wasn't too much to ask as Zarya's eyes lit up with enthusiasm, clearly having been waiting for her to ask.

'It would be my pleasure, Little Bird' beamed Zarya, just as Solider 76 appeared through the doorway to the kitchen.

'Jack! What do you think of my new student? She'll be fighting Siberian bears in no time, I think!'

Putting her free arm around Sienna's shoulders, she watched the soldier as he stopped in his tracks.

His response was in his standard gruff tone, but there was a hint of surprise hidden there. 'You're training her? I think that's a great idea - just don't break her, Zarya. It took a long time to get her here, and I wouldn't be very happy.'

Picking up a cup of coffee off the tabletop, he turned around and headed straight back towards the doorway he came from.

Still distracted by her earlier revelation, Sienna only just managed to make a retort before he disappeared again.

'Jack, I'm not that fragile' she quipped as he walked away, but the soldier only raised a hand to them in a goodbye, wearing a humoured smile on his face that she just knew was under his visor.

Feeling Zarya take her arm off her shoulder, she looked up at the woman just in time to feel the Russian's hand slap her on the back in a way that was probably supposed to be friendly, but her body fervently denied.

'We even have Jack's blessing! We will make him proud.'

Stretching slightly before gathering her plates, Zarya left Sienna's side, turning back to speak over her shoulder. 'We start today, Little Bird, so have a good breakfast. I will see you in the kit room in 20 minutes. Don't be late!'

With a final smile, Zarya disappeared, leaving Sienna's head rushing at the recent developments.

Reaper and Widowmaker aren't here with Talon, they're working alone... And for all I know, Talon knows nothing about it.

'But I know about it... And maybe, with Zarya's help, I can fix this problem before it even develops.'

It was a long shot, but Sienna tensed her body up, determined to learn how to fight back.

Head up, shoulders back, fierce eyes.

'I refuse to be the helpless girl any more.'

------//

Author's note

I AM A TERRIBLE, LAZY HUMAN BEING

I don't want forgiveness, but I wanna say I'm so so so sorry for not updating since before christmas. I had a bit of writers block before xmas, and then I took a break anyway over the holiday to focus on family and loved ones (that isn't to say you guys who always comment aren't loved ones - I love you all so much tbh <3)

I PROMISE, AS AN APOLOGY, IM GONNA BE SUPER SPEEDY WITH THE UPLOADS OF THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS which will probably get me back into the swing of things, and then ill upload more anyway.

*insert Mei's 'sorry sorry sorry' voice line here*

- Wren xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 68 10
(Y/N) (L/N), a mechanic who works for Overwatch, which is a co-operation who protects the world from Talon, Omnics and more War-Based Criminals. She...
87.1K 1.8K 40
Gabe grew in posture standing high above the arena with his grey skin tight t-shirt caressing the edges of his torso. His ginger haired doctor by his...
8.3M 159K 48
(18+) "Are you a virgin?" He asks. His eyes seemed to light up with the need of a response. "Yes, I am." I responded shyly. "We're going to have a lo...
2.6K 84 45
Lucy Gambino is the daughter of a mafia boss in New York. She has a life that molds her into the person she is now as a bartender. One day her father...