Why Boys Are Idiots

By TheReal_Charmander

Zaira, Cyra, and Addie are just three normal teenage girls trying to get through high school. But at every mo... More

Chapter One - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Two - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Three - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Four - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Five - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Six - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seven - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eight - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nine - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Ten - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eleven - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Twelve - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Thirteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fourteen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fifteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Sixteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seventeen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eighteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nineteen - Zaira's POV
Chapter Twenty - Cyra's POV
Chapter Twenty One - Addie's POV
Chapter Twenty Two - Zaira's POV

Chapter Twenty Three - Cyra's POV

277 20 4
By TheReal_Charmander

IT'S AN UPDATE! YES IT IS!!!

So...I'm going to just casually ignore the fact that our last update was over a year ago and you all probably stopped reading. And if you are reading this right now, THANK YOU GUYS A BILLION TIMES, except you probably feel like throwing potatoes at us.

So we kind of gave up on writing this, since school got busy and since afterwards we kind of forgot what the plot was. Anyways, I was reading this and I decided NO. WE MUST FINISH THIS. So yeah...here's an update! Hehe. My co-writers @LiddySykes and @TheBoredDevil are probably too lazy to continue so here I am, all alone and writing. Hopefully we'll finish but you know...

Anyways, if you're still waiting patiently for updates, you guys are awesome :D I'm going to be quiet so you guys can read now. Enjoy!

(P.S. If you need to go back and reread I don't blame you. Hehe.)

************************

Chapter 23 (Cyra’s POV)

I sat there in my chair, my eyes glued to the computer screen as I panicked.

Okay, I know, it wasn’t my brightest moment. I mean, it would lose attention eventually, right? How long could something as stupid as this possibly go on for? But when I looked at the clock and realized that neither Zaira nor Addie was here yet, I started freaking out again.

Come on, come on. I’d never before realized how far away the both of them lived from me. How forever alone I was.

Finally, after what felt like ages, my doorbell rang. I almost fell over the chair trying to get to the door.

“Cyra!” Zaira said as soon as she saw me. “What’s up?”

Addie appeared in the doorway three seconds later, pretty much out of breath. “I was in the middle of doing some very harmful things to Alex so whatever this is it’d better be impor—” The angry look in her eyes vanished as she noticed my grim expression. “Uh…what’s wrong?”

I practically dragged them to my room and plopped them down in front of the computer. “H-have you checked Facebook lately?”

My two friends fell silent immediately. Zaira’s mouth dropped open as her eyes scanned what was on the screen. Then she grabbed the mouse and scrolled down.

There were so many. They were everywhere. All over the internet.

“Who posted these?” Addie demanded.

My voice trembled as I spoke. “Who do you think?”

It was every picture we’d ever taken together. Every picture made me want to punch something. Every picture of me…and Andy.

Why. Did. We. Take. So. Many. Pictures. Together?!

“Why does he still have those?” Addie hissed. “It’s been over a year! Why can’t he just get over himself?”

Zaira looked like she was going to march out the door and find Andy so she could beat him up. “I don’t understand what he’s trying to do with this.”

Ding. A box popped up in the top right corner. Jimmy has commented on a photo.

I gritted my teeth. “What the heck? Jimmy? As in Jimmy Atoms? Even Jimmy is looking at these? When did he even get Facebook?”

“Oh my gosh,” Zaira said, standing up. “I’m going to punch Andy.”

Ding. Ding. Ding. Everyone was seeing this. Now, I didn’t feel pissed anymore. Now I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

“I’m calling him,” Addie said. “I’m calling him right now.”

My head snapped up so I could glare at her. “Andy? No! Why would you do that?”

“So he knows that we’re going to kill him, duh,” she said. And then, before I could stop her, she pressed CALL.

Why did she even have Andy’s number? I buried my face into my palms. Oh. My. Gosh.

Three rings. Then silence. “Hello?”

Without really knowing what I was doing, I yelled into the microphone, “I HATE YOU!”

More silence. “…Cyra?”

Wow, so smooth, Cyra, I told myself. Good going.

Zaira gave me a somewhat surprised, somewhat impressed look. Then her smile faded as she turned her attention back to the guy on the other end of the line. “Why did you do it?”

“Zaira?” Andy’s voice sounded through the speakers.

“Why did you do it?!” she repeated, louder this time.

“Do what?”

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Addie’s scowl deepen. “Yeah, just pretend you don’t know anything about it,” she chimed in. “The pictures! What the heck else would we be talking about?”

“Addie?”

“Just answer the question!” she yelled.

“The pictures? What—I didn’t do that!” Andy said. He sounded a little frantic.

By now, I was feeling a dangerously strong urge to grab Addie’s cellphone and chuck it across the room. She probably wasn’t going to be too happy about me doing that, though, so I did myself to keep my hands still.

“Then explain how the pictures got all over the internet,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Only you still have those pictures, Andy. Trust me.” Addie gave me a look.

There was another ten seconds of silence. I hoped he was slowly and painfully digesting that information. Maybe he’d finally realize that we were never, ever, ever getting back together.

Great. I was quoting song lyrics now.

“But I didn’t do it,” he began slowly, breaking the silence.

Zaira face-palmed. “Oh, sure,” she drawled. “Just get your stupid photos off the internet and leave Cyra alone.”

“Oh, and we’re coming to kill you in your sleep,” Addie added, like it was an afterthought. Andy was probably going to sleep with his eyes open tonight.

“But I didn’t do it!” he insisted. “I swear, it wasn’t me, I’m not stupid enough to—”

“Then who was it?” Zaira demanded.

“—they took my phone during lunchtime and sent themselves all the pictures so they could post it online. I didn’t do it!”

She tilted her head to one side. “Who took your phone?”

“Cyra’s brothers,” he said. “Mark and Paul.”

I felt myself seething. “What?!

“And Blake, and Xavier, and Jaden…” he rambled off.

This time, it was Addie whose eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. “What?!

We all fell silent and turned to look at her. Even Andy had shut up.

She got up. “Jerk! I’m not going to a stupid dance with him!

Zaira’s eyes widened as she realized what was happening. “Uh, no, wait,” she said. “It was probably mainly Mark and his twin brother whose name shall not be spoken. And, uh, it’s not like they posted pictures of you or anything. Heh, heh, right?”

Addie just glared at her. “If it wasn’t for your wonderful matchmaking advice I wouldn’t have had to deal with him in the first place.”

She twirled with a strand of her mahogany-coloured hair. “Well, technically you’re still partners for that math assignment, so—” Her voice was cut off by the sound of Addie slamming the door behind her and she went off to unleash her revenge.

Zaira and I exchanged glances.

“Why is she overreacting so much?” Zaira wondered out loud. “Seriously, it’s not like she’s the one in the pictures or anything. Plus Jaden really likes her.”

I sighed and flopped back onto my bed. “She only agreed to go with him because he was being annoying and wouldn’t stop nagging her…thanks to you.” I gave Zaira a look.

“He really likes her,” she repeated, as if that made everything all good.

“But she never liked him back,” I reminded her.

Zaira gave me a “duh” look. “Did too.”

“Well, now she doesn’t.”

She rolled her eyes and leaned back into my chair, crossing her arms over her chest. “Whatever. He probably deserved it for being such an idiot.”

“Obviously,” I agreed. “I mean, he did take part in one of my evil brothers’ evil schemes, which on its own makes him deserve a life sentence—and that reminds me. I need to go beat some people up.” All my previous anger and pissed-off-ness suddenly returned to me, and thoughts of all those pictures swarming around on the internet for the entire world to see entered my mind once again.

Mark and Paul were so going to get it this time.

* * *

After I was done giving my brothers several new bruises of various shapes and sizes and made sure they’d taken the photos down from their Facebook page, I was so exhausted that packing felt like the last thing I wanted to do. But the Kitlebe Creek field trip was coming up next Monday and I’d done nothing but pick out which bag I would be bringing.

I mean, it wasn’t like I was at all excited for this trip. Spending three days in the wilderness doing very physical and outdoorsy activities with no technology didn’t really sound like my idea of fun. Plus, we were stuck with the three teachers I hated the most, not to mention sixty other loud, obnoxious, and slightly weird teenagers. At that thought, my mind wandered back to the assembly we’d had two days ago and, of course, Jimmy.

I shuddered. And to think he was my math partner, too.

Lazily, I threw some random shirts and shorts into my bag. Now that I thought about it, I still had the entire weekend to pack. There was no hurry. I probably shouldn’t have told myself that, because that only made me work even slower than I already was.

“Cyra!” my mom’s high-pitched voice entered my room and made its way into my ears. I literally jumped in surprise, accidentally kicking my bedpost with my toe.

“Ow!” I hissed.

“Cyra!”

“What?” I yelled. Limping, I headed to the door and peeked outside.

My mom was standing in the kitchen doorway, her hands attached to her hips as she glowered down at me angrily. I swallowed. Oh, boy. Whatever it was that she had to tell me, it was definitely not good.

“Um…yes?” I said slowly. Then my face fell when my eyes landed on the two boys behind her. They stood side-by-side and were both wearing their oh-so-dramatic puppy-faces, as well as sporting a fresh black-eye each. If I hadn’t been under the glare of my mom, I would’ve collapsed on the floor in laughter.

She gestured to my brothers. Mark even had the guts to clutch his arm and moan in pain, just for effect. I shot him a glare and thankfully he shut up.

Such suck-ups, I tell you.

“Yeah?” I said, still trying to act like I had no clue what this was about.

“You’re grounded!” she snapped. “A week, starting on Thursday, after you get back from your trip. I didn’t pay a couple hundred dollars for nothing. Do you understand?”

My jaw fell open. “What? What did I do?”

“You hurt your brothers again! How many times do I have to tell you to not do that?”

“Did you see what they did to me?!” I argued. Of course she didn’t. My mom didn’t have Facebook. Or maybe she did, but either way, she never went on it and never checked her newsfeed.

“Well you could’ve talked it out like I’ve told you to for a million times,” she said.

Talk it out? Yeah, that was totally something I was willing to do. Hey Mark and Paul! Since you just humiliated me with those pictures in front of the entire world, I got pretty frustrated and angry. It really hurt my feelings, you know? So let’s sit down and let’s work through it.

I almost snorted.

“Excuse me?” my mom said, jerking me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at her. “What?” Crap, did I just say that out loud? Judging by the identical looks on my brothers’ identically annoying faces, I came to the conclusion that, yes, indeed I had.

“Fine,” I grumbled. Shooting the boys one last death glare, I turned on my heels and stalked back into my room.

And that is why boys are idiots.

************************

Hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN :)

<3

SomeoneAwesome

&

the rest of TheReal_Charmander

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819K 23.8K 36
George hasn't had an easy life after being diagnosed with autism. Going to a public school as an autistic, highly intelligent boy, he clearly notices...
155K 3.7K 17
I didn't choose to be bad. It just...happened. I tried to be good, but after a while it got boring. What can I say? I was born to be bad and there's...
4.5K 164 10
This is the story of a French girl called Perrie very beautiful girl in her 18 years old who moved to another country after the death of her mother...
93 2 20
*Insert dramatic music* Two best friends, normal right? Well not in this case. Love, wasn't a thing in neither of their lives. But when each...