You & I ✓

By MissR12

[This story is unedited and is full of mistakes. It will be edited in the future] Ethan Monroe, 26, not your... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Part 1
Chapter 52: Part 2
Chapter 52: Part 3
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
NEW STORY!

Chapter 12

103K 3.5K 130
By MissR12

"Alex, this is too much. I want simple." I tried to explain her.

"This is exactly perfect. Don't worry when Ethan will see you his eyes will pop out."

"That's it. We don't want to overdo."

"Done." She stepped aside and I took a glance at myself in the mirror.

I wore a pinkish cocktail dress with a silver necklace. My hair was up in a high pony. I called Alex too help me dress up. I saw myself in the mirror and I have to admit Alex did a very good job.

"Okay, so you remember what I told you right? "She asked in a motherly tone.

"Yes, mother."

"Good, I know he is a good guy but if he tries to..."

"I know, I know, I am perfectly capable of dealing with such situations."

"So where are you going to go?"

"I don't know, he's picking me up." Ethan called me in the morning informing me that he's taking me on a secret place and he refused to tell me where this place was.

Just then the doorbell rang. I rushed to open the door but Alex pulled me back in the room and went to open the door. My heart started beating crazily in my chest. I was extremely nervous. Maybe because I haven't been with a guy for a long time.

Alex came to call me and I grabbed my purse and cellphone and walked in the living room. Ethan stood there in a black suit with his hair perfectly styled back. He wore a whit shirt underneath. He looked more handsome than his usual self. As soon as he saw me his mouth hung open. Alex seemed to notice this and her smile widened in pride. For a moment we both started at each other. Ethan seemed to like what he saw because he had a huge smile on his face.

"You look breathtaking." He spoke in a husky voice as if showing that he meant every single word he spoke. I couldn't help but blush at his compliment.

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself."

"Shall we?" He brought his hand out for me to take.

I accepted his hand and waving a bye to Alex I stepped out of my house. He had a very nice car. What else could I expect? He opened the passenger door for me and gestured me to get in. He slide in the  driver's seat and and we sped down the streets.

The car ride was silent so I spoke, "Where are we going Ethan?"

"I told you its a special place."

"At least tell me how much time we'll take to reach there?"

"Patience Erica, patience. Don't you trust me?"

"I never said I didn't. Its just that if you happen to kidnap me then I must know how to get out of there."I spoke in a joking manner.

"I am so happy knowing how much you trust me."He said sarcastically.

I just laughed and he chuckled. The rest of the car ride was silent. Within a few minutes we reached in front a hotel. Ethan got out of the car first and then opened the door for me. He gave his hand for me to take and I gladly accepted it. He handed the keys to a valet.

We walked hand in hand inside the hotel. It was a plush, luxurious hotel. We went to the receptionist and Ethan spoke,"Is everything ready?"

"Yes Sir. " she spoke.

"This is your hotel?" I spoke with disbelief.

He just smirked. We stepped in the elevator and I spoke.
"Its beautiful. I heard that you are the architect of this place.

"I am glad you liked it and yes I have designed this hotel myself. I wanted my hotel to be special."

I was amazed by his talent.

The elevator pinged indicating our destination. He was still holding my hand. What I saw in front of my eyes took my breath away.

We were on the top floor having a perfect view of the sea. There was no one except us. The entire place could be described as romantic and beautiful. Soft music played in the background.

"You like it?"Ethan asked.

"I love it. Thanks Ethan for bringing me here."

"I should thank you for coming with me."He spoke looking into my eyes.

"This place is beautiful. I bet it was your idea."

"Of course, it was my idea and you would be happy to know that you are the first person who has been to this place."

"I don't understand."I spoke with confusion.

"This place isn't open to anyone yet. Considering this hotel is new. I thought why not bring someone special to have the experience of this view."

I couldn't believe what he said. I was left speechless at his words.I felt so special at that moment. Ethan made me feel special.

"Come. "
He took my hand and offered me a seat. He sat in the opposite seat and called a waiter. He ordered wine for both of us.

"So tell me about yourself."Ethan spoke.

"I am Erica Williams...." He laughed. I continued, "I graduated from then NYU with a CA degree. I live by myself and I work for The Monroe Group."

"You didn't speak about your family?He asked.

My mood instantly changed. I mean what could I tell him about my family when I didn't have one.

"I don't have a family." He raised an eyebrow.

"My mom died when I was five. My dad didn't live with us then, so I used to be under care of nannies, I have been living all alone since I was sixteen." I told him the basic story leaving out the details which I didn't feel necessary for him to know on the first date.

"So you have no relationship with your dad? "

"Of course I have, but he is mostly busy." I spoke the truth.

"So you used to work since you were sixteen?"

"Only on weekends."

My dad is rich, he didn't want me to work while I was in school but I wanted to be independent so I worked.

"Enough about me, tell me something about you." I tried to change the focus from me to him before he would go into depths.

"I am Ethan Monroe" I laughed due to his attempt of imitating my words earlier. "I am the future CEO of the company. I have two siblings."

"Really? I have always wished to have a sibling." I said with a sigh.

"My.. " his words were interrupted by the waiter who brought us wine. We both sipped on our wine as Ethan continued, "As I was saying, I have two siblings, a younger brother and the youngest sister. Pretty annoying if you ask me." I chuckled.

"This wine tastes amazing." It had a rich taste and felt like velvet.

"It is from our new collection. Judging from your reaction I assume you loved it."

"Of course."

A few moments passed before Ethan spoke, "So I assume you don't have any boyfriend."

What?

"What are you saying? If I had a boyfriend why would I come here with you?"

"I am sorry, I just thought that maybe that's why you didn't feel the same way I feel for you. I care for you, deeply and I really like you." He kept my hand in his hand the whole time he spoke. I liked his touch. His touch was protective yet gentle.

"Ethan it is wrong of you to assume things about me." That was the most stupid thing to ask on the first date. But I didn't tell him that.

"I know, so I can safely assume that you are mine." I narrowed my eyes at him, he added, "For tonight. "

I nodded and then we continued our conversation. The whole time due to Ethan holding my hands, it became really difficult to concentrate on his words. He was unknowingly drawing circles on my fingers. My body felt like it was on fire. I enjoyed his touch. We ordered our dinner, which was exceptionally tasty.We talked for some time.I learnt that Ethan is a very easy to talk person once he open ups.

Soon we left. The car ride to my place was silent. I wanted Ethan to know that I also liked him, however I didn't have the courage to tell him. All this while I didn't realize that I was looking at him when he spoke, "You wanna say something?"

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "Yes I actually wanted to tell you that I... I..." The car came to a halt making me realize that we are in front of my house. We both got out of our seats. He took of his suit jacket and threw it in his backseat. He came and stood besides me. I spoke,

"You wanna come inside?" I was hoping he'd say no."Yes, sure."he replied enthusiastically.

I walked to the porch with him following me. I noticed that you Alex's car wasn't there so I assumed she left. I took the keys from my purse and opened the door. I switched on the lights and invited him in.
He stepped in and began eyeing my house. My house was good, "I lived with my mother here in my childhood, after she died I continued living here."

"Never thought of moving out?" He asked leaning by the dining table.

"Many times, but what's the point of moving when you are going to be all alone there too."

He must have sensed the sadness in my eyes because he quickly changed the topic. "This house is beautiful. Doesn't look old styled, its modern."

"I renovated it last year."

"Ah!"

He came close to me, not very close but still close and kept looking in my eyes without speaking a word. I too looked into his beautiful eyes. I had to look up due to the height difference. His eyes shone. At that moment my sight fell on his lips.They were full and pink. I looked again into his eyes and nervously licked my lips. His eyes fell on my lips and he came a little closer to me. I wanted nothing more at that moment from him than to close the distance between us and kiss me.

He stood fixed on the ground unmoving so I I took a bold step towards him. His hands cupped my face and mine rested on his chest. He dipped his head down leaving almost no space between our lips. I instinctively closed my eyes and waited for the next moment when he didn't do anything I opened my eyes and saw him looking in my eyes as if asking for my permission. I nodded and he wasted no time in meeting his lips with mine.

---*-*-*---

Vote
Comment
& Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 453K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
363K 10.4K 47
Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ever puts his interests before hers but ab...
233K 5.7K 53
Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and enjoys the little pleasures in life. "Sh...
2.5M 81.8K 43
Ethan met the love of his life at 20, but a stupid mistake cost him to lose her. Now five years later he has a chance at winning her back. To the wor...