Bad Boys Don't Cry

By _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... More

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?
Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely
Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired

20K 683 327
By _Faith-o_

Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
I watched as the leaves rustled from behind a window of the bedroom of which the boys left me in.

I could hear their voices as it echoed through the halls and into the room, but they came out as muffled words I couldn't understand. Surprisingly, I could hear Parker's voice the most out of the three of them. Even though he had gotten shot not even a few hours ago and he's speaking as if he were not shot nor stabbed at all.

I sighed as I moved away from the window, walking towards the bed. I plopped myself on the bed, groaning to myself, bored out of my mind. There was nothing to do, and I felt if I were to go down, I'd only be greeted with silence and an awkward conversation.

I sat up, groaning again as I took in my surroundings. Since I got here, I never really got to admire the interior of the room. Whosever room this was, has a nice sense of decor. The navy blue walls were decorated with posters of bands like All Time Low and Green Day, and polaroids and framed pictures of Parker, Grayson and Bennett. They hung on the wall, covering most of the walls. The bed had a black and blue checkered blanket tucked in neatly- well kind of neatly- complementing the walls. A desk sat in the corner of the room that was closest to the window. It had held blue prints of a building, showing it's reader a map of the interior of the building and other papers of some kinds.

I wondered what they were for because they weren't really labeled, only showing it's reader scribbles and in big letters, HGC. As I pondered what the blueprints were for, a loud bang was sounded through the house, causing me to jump. The lights in the house all turned off. All sound throughout the house seized as well. There was stomping coming up the stairs causing my heart to go faster. As the footsteps drew closer, I froze in my spot.

The door opened to reveal Bennett, looking tired and out of it, which had made me sigh in relief. He had ditched the bandana I had saw with him earlier and he had changed his attire, which is now a black polo with black ripped jeans, "You okay?" He asked, "There's a power outage."

I nodded to his question, unsure of what to say to him, "Sorry." Bennett apologized.

I stared at him, confused, "Why are you apologizing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Parker told me everything." Bennett said, quietly, causing me to bite my inner cheek. I knew I shouldn't have told Parker. He'd always go telling Bennett my secrets, "I'm sorry for dragging you into all of this. That was never our intention to cause any of your family harm."

"Bennett, it's honestly not your fault." I said, which was true. It wasn't really his fault. Bennett never did anything to harm me nor my family. It was that Grayson's psycho of a father.

His face lit up a little, but he covered it up with a lazy grin, obviously relieved that I wasn't angry with him. Although Bennett wasn't saying anything at the moment, I knew there something he knew. He had something to say, but I don't think he wanted to say it. He recovered himself as he broke he silence, "I know we were never really that close, but I just want to let you know when the other two aren't here to help you, you know where to find me." He said, making me confused.

His words came out of nowhere. I stared at his eyes, confused. Bennett didn't bother to elaborate on his statement, so we continued to stare. I searched his eyes, trying to find anything that would tell me as to why as he said what he had said. It wasn't until I gave up on the wall that blocked me from looking in and trying to make sense of his words.

We finally broke eye contact and Bennett made his way out of the room, no words coming out of his mouth. Silence. However, before he could make his exit, I spoke up, "Bennett?" I said, quietly, causing him to freeze.

"Yes?" He asked, turning around. I froze under his gaze.

Why did I stop him?

"Who's home is this?" I asked, saying the first question I thought of.

"Mine." He answered simply.

I stared at him, questioningly, "Why do you live so far away?"

He looked to the ground, "So when I graduate from school, I could get away from them." He muttered. I stared at him with understanding eyes. I knew immediately who he meant by them. His parents weren't exactly the ideal people to be near ever in his life, but then it hit me. If this was his house, that means he's...

"So you're leaving us after we graduate?" I asked. He smiled for a little before his gaze averted from the floor to my stare.

"It all depends on what the future holds." Bennett said with a shrug. Another bang went off downstairs causing both of us to jump, "Damn it." Bennett muttered, before a loud 'sorry' from who I assumed was Parker sounded throughout the house causing both Bennett and I to sigh a breath of relief.

"What school do you plan on applying for?" I continued to question.

"UCLA, Harvard, or Stanford." He answered, causing my eyes to light up, "If I get into Stanford, then I guess I'm moving farther away." He shrugged.

"Well, I was planning on applying to those schools, anyways."

"It seems the four of us have the same taste of schools." Bennett said with a small smile looming on his face, "Maybe if we all get accepted to one of them, we could all live the college life together." I shared that smile, but it was forced on unlike Bennett's. Truth was, if I got into Stanford, I don't know if would be even committed to go. Like I said before, there's to much to leave behind if I ever move.

My parents...

Kendall...

Dylan...

If I leave, I'd be homesick beyond repair, "What's wrong?" Bennett asked, making me realize I was staring at the floor blankly from our conversation.

Bennett was now beside me, his head propped on one of his arms that rested on his knee. His eyes showed concern, "I don't know if I even want to go."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think I can-"

"Hey my peoples!" Parker said with a tired look, but had a bright smile nonetheless. I don't think Bennett and I heard his entrance. When I looked up to see Parker was right next to me near the bed, I noticed he was clenching on of his sides, "Scoot over for me please. Baby is tired and I'd like to talk to my Teddy for a bit."

Bennett rolled his eyes, taking this as a cue to leave, before looking at me, "I'll talk to you later, Winters." Bennett said with a smile before leaving the room completely.

Parker laid down on the bed and pulled me down with him, my back facing him as he caressed my hair. We both laid there in our own little silence, "Teddy?" Parker said, his breath making me shiver as it ran down my neck.

"Yes, Parker?" I answered, quietly, not wanting to ruin the comfortable and quiet atmosphere that we were currently in.

I heard Parker take in a deep breath and sigh, "If... well..." I could tell he was still thinking of a way to convey his thoughts perfectly due to his pause. He continued, "If any of us three, Bennett, Grayson, or me, were to go six feet under-"

"Parker." I cut him off with a warning tone. I knew exactly where this was going and I didn't like the sound of this question. Although my voice had interrupted his question, he continued without a hesitation in his voice.

"If I- any one of us were to die, right now, what would you do?"

"I'd cry a lot and question what I could've done to save you." I answered, turning the other side so I could face him, "Why are you asking me this?"

I looked up to his eyes and I saw they were glassy with pain and sadness, "Parker?" I said, weakly. There was something up with my Parker and I hated it.

There was a small pause, when I heard a gulp, "Y-Yes?" He choked out, sounding like he was about to cry, but he was keeping it in.

"You're not going to die, right?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Not yet." He muttered, "Not for a long time." I was still tense from Parker's question. I would've believed his words, but he had both hesitated and said it so softly that I wasn't sure if he had even said it.

I chose not to question his statement, still looking at his eyes. I had noticed a tear had escaped from his eye, which had caused me to subconsciously wipe it away. My hand lingered on his cheek as he leaned his head into it, both of us not breaking eye contact, "Promise?"

He smiled, warmly at me, "Promise." He said, but something about the way he had said it made it seem like a empty promise that was yet to be broken.

"Okay." I said, forcing a smile on my face before turing my back to face him, so he doesn't see my hurt face. I couldn't stand him lying to me, but I couldn't do anything about it, could I?

He sighed, "You know you mean a lot to me, right?" He asked.

"Yes." I said quietly.

"And that I'd never hurt you in anyway?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Why?" I asked.

"Just wanted to make sure." He said, softly as he kissed my head and played with my hair. I think we both knew there was more to that sentence, Parker just didn't want to admit it. His question made me wonder about everything.

I wanted to put the pieces together, but there wasn't really anything to go off of. From what Parker said, I could guess that this involved the plan they made up during a few weeks ago and that someone was going to get seriously hurt and possibly die, and I hated the thought of loosing people.

"I know you're lying Parker. Please, just don't do any-" Parker's soft snore had made me stop and realize he was asleep. I looked at him as I sighed softly knowing I wouldn't have the courage to tell him this later. I kissed the Parker's jawline, before snuggling back into his arms. I could've sworn before I looked away from Parker's face, a grin had appeared on his face and his cheeks turn a shade of pink, but I didn't bother to look back due to the sudden feeling of tiredness took over me. I felt his arm enveloped around me and I fell asleep.

*
(A/N)
Hey guys!

How was you're holiday? Good? I hope so.

Well, here's another update. Just to let you know, I probably won't be posting until 1/27/17, cause I am doing auditions for my theatre class today and this weekend, and I need a little time off so I can process what I had done during the audition during that time. I hope you guys understand.

By the way, I'd really like to ask you a question;

Who do you ship more in the book?

Grayson and Bailey?

Or...

Parker and Bailey?

Guys, I know this is a weird ass question, but I was just curious. Just comment on the one you ship most and it'll be a fun little thing we have. You guys can even come up with the ship names of them both ships.

Okay, that's all. I hope you guys like the book. Thank you all for the unconditional support over the past months for this book. You guys are the best.

:-) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 24.8K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
1.3K 111 51
I was helping Grayson Kingsley with his homework at the cafe. I have a crush on him since 7th grade. We were best friends until he started hanging ou...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
41.7K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...