Shift

بواسطة sammykitkatcat

Shift is a supervillain. She considers herself evil, but her villainy is put to the test when a bird with a b... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
PART TWO Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Two Preview

Chapter 18

3.2K 238 3
بواسطة sammykitkatcat

Phoenix POV

___________

After Shift and I split up I go to find my brothers office. I walk through the hall, reading all the signs next to the doors. There are a lot of offices. Do supervillains have offices? I don't think so, but I don't really know what supervillains have or don't have. From Shift's reaction when she saw the inside of the Cube I'd guess not. She has a desk at her house, but she doesn't use it much.

Supervillains probably don't have much paperwork, I doubt they pay bills, send letters, or do other things like that. Superheroes do, and its usually bills to fix the damage caused by supervillains.

Eventually I find Screech's office. I open the door and go in. His office is different than the office Shift and I first went into. It's a little smaller. There's hardly anything in it. Only a tv and a desk. I look around, but there's not much to see. I go over to the desk. On the desk is a computer, a cup full of pens, and a picture.

The picture is of us. We are standing together in front of the Cube. His elbow is resting on my shoulder. We are both smiling. I remember when we took the picture. Screech had graduated and was officially a superhero.

I was happy for him. Proud that my brother was a superhero. For a while. Then I was jealous.

I look around the room some more and then leave. I wonder where Shift is. We probably should have decided on a place to meet up. I don't have her phone number or I would text her. I'll look for her later.

I climb a flight of stairs up to the next floor. Taking the elevator would be stupid. Someone might want to go to a different floor and decide to take the elevator. I would be trapped. I search a few more rooms -- mostly offices -- and then I walk around a corner-- right into Shift. I jump. She makes a small squeaky noise, like a mouse. Her cheeks flush bright pink.

"There you are! I've been looking for you all over the place." She looks around. "This place is huge."

"Yeah." Too bad I will probably never get an office here.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

173 28 7
Shortlisted for the Open Novella Contest 2019 • Being a Supervillain is tough. Between managing a secret lair and making sure your mom doesn't stop...
Super•Villainous بواسطة WhatTomfoolery

الخيال (فانتازيا)

105K 4.2K 64
"I've been looking for you." There was an unexpected rasp to his voice, a hint of desperation. He stretched out one hand, as if to brush it across my...
10.4K 802 43
Some people could read minds; others could control fire. But out of all of the amazing powers in the world, Emily Houston got the lamest: changing p...
6.6K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...