Arianna The First

By blackdust

They made every maiden do a test this year, which is uncalled for because it's the first time in history. It... More

Chapter 1 ~ Royal Betrothal
Chapter 2 ~ Not So Good Reaction
Chapter 4 ~ By Royal Decree
Chapter 5 ~ Jibber Jabber
Chapter 6 ~ Aspiring Serial Killer
Chapter 7 ~ Kickass Barbie
Chapter 8 ~ Royal Additions and Intimacy Violations
Chapter 9 ~ Like The Three Musketeers
Chapter 10 ~ Water, Swords and Talcum Powder
Chapter 11 ~ Strange Nightmare
Chapter 12 ~ Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 13 ~ Damsel In Distress
Chapter 14 ~ Of Bravery And Courage
Chapter 15 ~ Those Who Wait
Chapter 16 ~ Half Reluctant Acceptance
Chapter 17 ~ The Beginning of Dawn
Chapter 18 ~ A Pinch Of Garlic
Chapter 19 ~ Of Past And Future
Chapter 20 ~ Budding Love
Chapter 21 ~ Wishes and Revelations
Chapter 22 ~ Shell Shocked
Chapter 23 ~ Accusing Fingers
Chapter 24 ~ A Hard Place

Chapter 3 ~ Betrayal From A Horse

2.7K 97 35
By blackdust

Chapter 3

"Oh no! Oh no, no, no, no! No! I refuse to agree to such a predicament. You cannot make me. Your Highness, I promise you nothing in this world would make me agree to this."

And surprisingly that wasn't even me. You'd expect her - Sydney - to suck it up as she already metaphorically kisses Chrissy's ass so they could be wed within a number of weeks. All I want is popcorn as she fails miserably. But I'm going to honest the more she fails the bigger the chance I have of Chrissy choosing me.

I cannot let that happen. I should kick up a fuss.

"I too your grace must disagree to partake in this activity as I am incapable, irresponsible and uncoordinated," I intervened. I looked down as my lips twitched, a telltale sign I was lying. But sadly I'd been caught too many times - even by the Prince - engaged in the activity.

"Okay Riri we all know that's a lie. I've seen you do this with my very eyes. Even the horses knows that's a lie," Chrissy said. I scowled and looked up.

"That was my twin - oh my gosh all along my twin... Ari - Adri - Adriana! Is the one who has passed those tests. Not me. I should go call her. It was nice knowing everyone, I'm just not required here. I bid you farewell," I lied. My lips twitching even more, I turned around and lifted up my dress slightly and sprinted away.

I prayed Chrissy didn't call his guards on me again. I ran out the courtyard, my chest heaving as if I was unfit - pfft - and I headed into the back entrance of the castle.

I haven't been caught. I haven't been caught. I haven't been caught. I chanted in my head, this encouraged my legs to run faster. I skirted around another corner and finally reached the room I was required to accommodate in. I entered and locked it behind me. I collapsed on my bed.

I'm safe. Ari you're safe. You won't marry Chrissy. Chrissy will marry Sydney. You can be that teacher you've ways wanted to become. You don't need to get married. Everything will be okay.

There was a knock at the door. I stayed silent. If they don't get a response they'll give up and leave right?

My mobile phone's very loud ringtone went off. Damn it. I didn't answer. I didn't even look at the screen.

"Ari I know you're in there!" Juliet called out. I breathed. It wasn't the prince. "C'mon open the door." I didn't respond. Chrissy must've told her to talk to me. He did that last time. "Arianna you're going to have to open the door sooner or later. The guards saw you come inside."

I groaned, got up and grudgingly opened the door. "What do you want?" I grumbled. I crossed my arms over my chest and glowered to show my distaste.

"Oh don't give me that look Ari." She let herself in and I closed the door behind her. She sat herself on my bed and got to the point. "You ran away again?" Even though it was phrased as a question we both knew it was a statement.

Yes, Arianna Sofia Irving ran away for the third time. "Do you want me to marry your brother?" I asked her.

"I want Chris to be happy. If that's marrying you then so be it," she replied.

"But I'm your best friend! Don't you want me to be happy?!" I exclaimed. Juliet rolled her eyes.

"Stop being so melodramatic. Like you say yourself 'what's meant to be will find its way', if you and Chris are meant to be you'll be together one way or another."

"What if we're not? What if we end up getting a divorce? I rather avoid that altogether," I cried out. I flung my arms out dramatically and probably looked as if I had lost the plot.

"Do you feel sparks when you two touch?" she asked.

"I forbade him from touching me," I answered simply. She gave me a flat look.

"You're impossible. Why did he choose you?!" She exclaimed, her calm and logical exterior evaporating.

"That's exactly what I want to know! Now you understand me! Was he drunk when he made that decision?!"

"But Ari let's face it you don't kiss his ass and you have all the skills. Why wouldn't he choose you?"

I ignored this.

"Please don't tell me he is one for enjoying the chase because I've been in that dilemma one too many times," I urged.

"He'll do whatever he can to get his princess. You don't stand a chance," she stated confidently.

"Where is your support in me? I thought you were my best friend! I'm not cut out to be a princess. Just look at the state of me!" I cried out vehemently. Juliet rolled her eyes. Gosh she does that a lot.

"Cut it out Ari and calm down before you have a panic attack. You'll be fine. At least be open minded about this like you always are." I let her words sink in. I know I should give this a fair shot despite how much I didn't want to. It was only fair on the Prince.

"Fine."

"Good. Now, no more running away okay? We're going to go to the courtyard and you will show Chris how you ride a horse. Do you understand?" I wish I didn't.

I nodded. She got off my bed and walked towards the door. I followed behind her promptly.

There was silence during the walk until Juliet turned her head and gave a cheeky smile. She was going to say a remark we both knew I'll hate. "So you reckon you'll stick to the traditional white on the wedding?"

My eyes turned into slits. "You're aren't making this any better for your brother. The horse might accidentally trample over him."

"You'll go to jail," she stated.

"That's better than getting married," I countered.

"Oh c'mon, didn't we always want to be sisters?" But we already are sisters...

"Not when it includes marrying your brother." Isn't that incest?

"He's not that bad. He could've been a lot worse." True...

"I have nothing against your brother. I just don't want to get married."

"Trust me, you'll warm up to the idea sooner or later... though sooner would be better than later." Never. I will die trying to be understood.

But I have so much to live for... Juliet and I entered the courtyard, a beautiful love scene portrayed before us. Gah, who am I kidding?

"Look! They look so lovey dovey, it's so cute. That's it! They'll fall in love, get married and have beautiful babies! I don't need to be in this equation!" I lied. Luckily I didn't catch the duo's attention.

"Ari, last time I checked Chris wanted a girl who can least ride a horse without him helping her through each and every step." Juliet said this without looking at me, she watched the pair with her beady eyes.

"You must've checked a long time ago look how much fun they're having!" Of course I was lying. Chrissy looked like he wanted to pull his hair out. Poor Chrissy.

"Christopher!" Juliet called out. He immediately looked towards us with his desperate eyes, he sighed in relief as he saw me. I scowled at him. Sydney scowled at me. I smiled sweetly at her.

"Ah Riri you have returned, you were beginning to be missed," Chrissy addressed.

"Don't flatter me. It won't work," I replied without thinking. Oops.

Juliet nudged me hard; I mumbled an inaudible 'ow'.

"Sorry your Highness, what I meant to say was that... I sincerely apologize for leaving so abruptly it was very out of place of me," I amended, I curtsied to make my apology even more realistic and tried my utmost hardest not to glare.

"Apology accepted." Am I really going to be forgiven that easily? "Where were we before you left?" He asked rhetorically.

I answered anyway. "I was telling you about my twin maybe I should go get her..."

"Don't you dare Ari," Juliet warned. I sighed. It was worth another shot. Maybe I should pay someone to be my twin. I should have a lookalike somewhere, right?

"Why don't you attend to your horse. I'll accompany you shortly," Chrissy offered. He then winked at me. I glared and walked towards the stables, three sets of eyes watching me. I smiled widely as I saw my horse.

"Midnight! Oh how I've missed you!" I greeted. I hugged my horse and stroked her mane. She neighed in reply. It was a beautiful and auspicious moment. Luckily Midnight was already geared up so I hopped on and started with a trot to the outside.

What I loved about Midnight was that she was like me. She wasn't going to crumple under the prince's - or the Prince's horse's - charms. She wouldn't betray me like that.

"What happened to not knowing how to ride a horse?" Chrissy questioned smugly. I glowered at him.

"I lied. And please don't quote Rihanna and say you love the way I lie because I know you don't."

Chrissy smirked, like he was about to tell me something I really didn't want to know. "You know I've always wanted to know who this horse belonged to. Shall I tell you why?"

"There's no point in asking me that question because you're going to tell me even if I say no."

His smirk changed to a smile. "My horse Ryder and your horse..."

"Midnight," I inputted.

"Midnight and Ryder have a thing going on." I gave him a flat look, I didn't get what he was saying.

"You know how I want you and you're playing hard to get. Well Ryder wanted Midnight, Midnight played hard to get and now they're together. I guess that's our future, right?"

Thud.

*

When I opened my eyes there was bright light everywhere. Yes! I died and went to heaven! I wonder how this works, you know as a ghost or spirit or something. Do I get to haunt people? Can I witness Juliet and Christopher crying over making me go through the stupid betrothal? Or am I just going straight to heaven?

My eyes squinted and I saw a silhouette come towards me. My lips tipped up, they must be here to tell me everything I need to know. Gosh I'm so excited. I had the urge to get up and do the happy dance but I decided not to. I'll do that later, when I see Christopher cry.

"Arianna..." a sweet masculine voice trailed. My smile widened at first but then I realized whose voice it belonged to. My body lurched up so I was in a sitting position. Around me was the Prince, Sydney and Juliet and we were in the royal infirmary.

"But, but, but... everything was so beautiful. I wasn't here. I died," I mumbled sadly. Sydney looked at me as if I was a pathetic excuse of a carbon based life form. I completely agreed with her on that.

"You never died," Christopher informed me. I sniffled and before I knew it big, fat tears starting to stream down my face.

"But every - everything was so b-beautiful... I didn't need to get married," I told them. Juliet and Christopher exchanged looks of concern. Yes, I was actually crying.

"The doctor did say that you would be overly emotional when you wake up," Juliet said. I blinked a few times, causing even more tears to stream down my face.

"Why are you crying?" Sydney questioned in her nasally voice. I looked at her, she wasn't happy. Not at all.

"Because I'm not dead. I thought I made it pretty clear," I answered. I wiped my face with my sleeves. I wasn't wearing any make up so I didn't have to worry about anything getting smeared.

"I think you need to grow up," she advised bitterly. I arched an eyebrow at her.

Bitch, please.

"Oh Sydney leave her she just woke up," Christopher replied. I could tell he was annoyed and that was a bad thing.

"But Christopher, she is just wasting your time," she told him. Christopher didn't even look at her, his eyes were trained on me. Well, that's not very faithful of him. He's suppose to keep his eyes on his one and only.

"Hush Sydney." Sydney placed her hand on Christopher's forearm. Couldn't she just kiss him for him to realize that they share sparks thus they live happily ever after? Honestly, that would make everyone's life so much easier.

"Are you okay Arianna?" Juliet asked.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I responded and then I remembered the situation I was in. "Actually, no I am not okay. My life is a catastrophe. You know, I don't think all of this fainting is good for my health. Maybe I should withdraw from all of this and then carry on as I please."

In unison the three rolled their eyes. "Oh Riri, you aren't getting out of this that easily."

*-+-*-+-*-+-*-+-*

And that is chapter 3... I hope you like it! Please comment, vote and fan!!!

I'm curious, where do you think this story is going? Please comment and tell me!!!

NEXT UPLOAD: Next Sunday :)

Ciao! ~ Ami xD

P. S. I love you for reading this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 0 8
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...
519K 25.5K 47
I had just found out that I was supposed to be shipped to some island and fight for some prince's attention along with some desperate women and men t...
77 3 16
A maid named Valery who was the late queens best friend, was called to the king's study. She was told that if she would accept to be the next queen a...
9.7K 678 36
The Love Assignment Vallerie Walter 'Why do people fall in love'..... Yup that's my assignment if I want to make it big in the 'Angels'.... The Angel...