Hunter

By LovelyWriter123

When Aubrey meets the handsome Hunter Grey she can't help but want to know more about the mysterious stranger... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 1

306K 3K 276
By LovelyWriter123

Hey guys I'm trying my hand at a werewolf story.

Errr I'm nervous!! So just read it!

*****************************

Chapter 1

Music blared around the large blue room as people danced together while drinking like teenagers. Half of these people are over twenty one. I am only twenty, which I think should count.

I brought the red cup filled with cheap beer up to my mouth.

"This is disgusting." I said with a sour expression

Kelly, my slightly insane friend nodded her head to the music causing her dark brown hair to shake over her face. Kelly is about five foot two, same height as me.

She was wearing a short blue ruffled skirt, spiky tan heels and a beige lace tank top that showed off her c cup boobs. She was a curvy girl who caused all guys to stare when she walks past them. Not to mention her shoulder length dark brown hair, perfectly tanned skin, light brown eyes.

"Dance with me Aubrey." she shouted as she downed her cup of alcohol

Before I could answer she grabbed my forearm and dragged me into the crowd of sweaty dancers. Kelly began shaking her hips to the beat, just slightly rubbing up against some guy behind her.

"Come on you look fucking sexy, just dance." she ordered

I looked down at my dark blue skinny jeans, one shoulder shimmery purple shirt and black open toe booties. My long blonde hair was in a messy ponytail which Kelly calls hoe tail.

It is a party. The corners of my mouth tipped upwards as I mimicked her moves. Kelly grabbed my hands and twirled me like I was a child. We danced together for a few songs not paying any attention to the people around us.

Hot Chile Rae's I Like It Like That came on which caused Kelly to scream like a groupie. She clutched my forearms and jumped up and down while singing along.

As I jumped with her I couldn't help but laugh at her slurred singing. She is wasted for sure.

"Holy shit look who's here." Kelly said

I turned in the direction to where Kelly was staring wide eyed. Leaning by the banister was a buff guy with wide shoulders, and thick forearms. He raked his large, lightly tanned hand through his dirty blonde hair as a wide smile spread across his face.

He was wearing a navy blue v neck, dark jeans and shiny black sneakers. My eyes widened not believing my eyes.

"What is Holden doing here?" I hissed

Kelly rolled her eyes. "It's a party Aub."

"No duh! I meant what is he doing in town?!"

Holden Clark my ex-boyfriend. We went out in sophomore year in high school for a few months. I really use to like Holden and he was a sweet boyfriend. Than he did a one eighty and became this complete douche!

Seriously he became a bully around school, he turned into a muscle headed ass and he treated my friends like crap.

I had enough and broke up with him. He tried getting me back all through out high school in between his weekly skanks of course.

After high school I heard Holden became an agent or undercover cop or whatever secret job he has now.

"Who cares! Holden is a sexy asshole who wants in your pants!" Kelly shouted a little too loud

Just than those dark brown eyes just happened to look over at me. I whipped back around trying to hide my face.

"He's coming over." Kelly laughed as I ducked my head down

Every time I see Holden he hits on me and acts like that ass that I broke up with four years ago.

I slapped Kelly's hands away from me and tried pushing through the crowd.

"Aubrey Scott."

The deep voice caused me to freeze in my awkward crouching position. I shut my eyes briefly, cursing my bad luck.

Slowly I stood back up and faced that stupid jerk. As I looked up at his dark eyes and felt my anger from four years ago.

Damn he's still Hot!! I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Holden."

He smiled his wide dazzling smile that use to make me melt. Now it reminded me of the player he has become.

"How have you been?" he asked

"Good."

I looked around now noticing that Kelly slipped away. She knows how much I hate being around Holden.

A couple dancing bumped into me causing me to stumble into Holden. He caught me by the shoulders with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Let's go somewhere quiet."

He ushered me out of the crowd and out of the warm cramped house. We walked further from the music in silence.

I pulled away from his touch and turned to face him. He smiled at me thinking it would warm me up.

A chilly breeze blew hard causing my ponytail to fly onto my face. Holden took that opportunity to lean forward and brush my hair back.

His fingers grazed the sides of my cheeks as he cupped my face.

"You've gotten more beautiful." he whispered

At one point those dark eyes and sweet words would make my knees go weak. No there is nothing.

"So what have you been up to?" I asked as I stepped away

He sighed, a look of frustration on his face. Can't he take a hint.

"Working, what about you?"

Working? What exactly does he do that he answered me so vaguely? I took a few steps forward toward the road and away from Holden.

"I'm almost done with college. Kel and I still work part time at Lux's bakery."

Holden snorted as he strode by me with his hands in his pockets. I watched as he kicked a pebble across the pavement.

"Your still with those pathetic friends of yours. When will you learn." he laughed

"Excuse me?"

He turned his broad back around, his face suddenly serious. The quick change frightened me.

"Those losers aren't going to help you Aubrey."

Are we seriously arguing about this again? Even after so many years.I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Those losers are my friends and they have been more than you could ever be."

He turned his mouth to the side as a vein bulged by his temple. He's angry!

"I can take care of you Aubrey. You don't have to finish school, you can leave that stupid job."

"Do you hear yourself Holden?!" I shouted not believing my ears

I have been working my ass off for two years to become a teacher. For those two years I struggled and he wants me to drop everything for him.

"We've been over for a while and we both have moved on." I began

"Wait you moved on? Who is he?"

Holden's face was hard as he stood next to me in his full six feet. I felt a little intimidated because he is so big.

Seriously he is like the ad for steroids!

"It's none of your business if I am with anyone or not." I answered sticking my chin upwards

He gripped my shoulders, his fingers dug into my skin painfully. Holden lowered his face down to mine, his eyes darker than usual.

"You are mine." he said stiffly

"I don't belong to anyone and definitely not you." I hissed as I pulled away

A muscle in his jaw twitched. His whole freaking face can fall off I could care less.

"This is exactly why we broke up."

Holden raised his brow up like I was speaking a different language.

"Because I care about you?" he asked

I threw my arms up in exasperation. "No Holden, we broke up because you were and still are an asshole."

He looked a take back like the idea of me not seeing him as some kind of hero is impossible.

I sighed feeling all the fun from before drain out of me.

"Tell Kelly I'm going home." I said as I turned to the road ahead

"Aubrey.."

"Goodnight Holden." I waved, not turning around

I have had enough of Holden to last me a lifetime. It's great to know nothing changed. Although he did get bigger, height and muscle wise.

Another chilly breeze blew my hair in different directions. I pushed it back remembering Holden's cheesy move. It reminded me of that sweet guy from high school who use to give me a red rose every morning.

The guy who pretended that he was lost at my fifteen birthday party so he could get some alone time. He looked so cute as he sat on my bed blushing like crazy.

I smile touched my face as I remembered Holden babbling because he was so nervous. I missed that adorable young Holden.

I walked down the asphalt road that was dimly lighted by a couple street lamps. It probably wasn't a good idea to be walking out here alone but I can't turn back now.

Surrounding the dark road were thick green trees that lead to the heart of the forest which was on the other side of this road.

My father always told me to stay out of the woods. There were wolf sightings a few times over the years. Where there's a wild animal there is death, my father always says.

A chill ran down my spine at the horrific deaths due to animals. To have those sharp teeth rip you apart slowly.

"Stop it." I scowled myself

I rubbed my arms now regretting my choice to leave my jacket at home. Stupid Holden. I could have had a ride home instead of walking in a one shoulder table cloth!

As I walked at the side of the road I could see the half moon bright in the star dusted sky. It's light shined over the famous Yeller cliff.

Stupid teens jump off the lower grounds but there are rocks below at the shallow parts of the lake. Alex, one of my friends use to jump off the cliff every day during the summer. Once he broke his leg when he tried jumping off the third highest level.

I was always too scared to try.

As I looked up at the empty cliff a figure appeared. Unfortunately the cliff was also a make out spot. Judging by the width of his shoulders its a guy.

The stranger walked slowly toward the edge of the cliff but no one was behind him. My brows furrowed together as he walked closer to the edge. He wouldn't be that stupid, would he?

Just when I thought he was going to jump he stopped. I let out a breath of relief.

"You shouldn't stand at the edge, it's slippery." I shouted

He didn't move. I watched as the stranger stood at the edge of the cliff slightly swaying forward.

"Hey!" I shouted as I ran towards the cliff

Before I could utter another word he leaned forward. His body didn't fall straight down like a rock. Instead he fell slowly like he was defying gravity.

My hand rose to cover my mouth as he dropped into the water with a loud splash.

"Oh my god!" I screamed when he didn't come up for air

I ran to the lower part of the road and lowered my body down to the grass below. I jumped into the cold water fully clothed which was a mistake.

My boots were weighing me down. Still I managed to swim toward the spot where I saw the guy drop. I dipped my head into the water and searched for him.

When I couldn't see anyone, I rose up for air gasping.

"Where are you?!" I shouted

I looked around frantically. The tides smashed into my body pushing me left and away from the shore. I struggled to stay above the water as I listened for a reply.

Just as I was going to call out again a large wave pulled me under. Salty water filled my mouth as I tried to swim up to the surface. As I reached the surface another wave pushed me back under.

This time I managed to get a mouthful of air. I swam slightly below the surface waiting out the tides. As I floated I saw a body sinking downwards.

Without thinking I swam towards the motionless body, grabbing him by the armpits. I tugged almost losing my breath of air. He's heavy!

Ignoring my aching arms I used an unknown strength and pulled him up to the surface. I gasped for air as soon as our heads were out of the freezing water.

The stranger's dark brown hair was stuck at the sides of his pale, unconscious face. I need to get him to shore. After a little struggling I managed to swim to the shore.

It turns put pulling him away from the tide was more of a struggle. But when I did I bent down to listen for a heart beat. Nothing.

"Think Aubrey!" I shouted as I stared at the large lifeless body

Mouth to mouth. I pushed his chest hard with two hands and hesitantly brought my mouth down to his.

I blew into his mouth trying not to think about his warm lips against mine or his sweet breath. I'm a pervert!

As I pulled away I pressed his chest three times and blew again. I looked down at his face now noticing the color returning to his cheeks.

"It's working." I laughed not believing it

Repeating my actions I pushed his chest and pressed my mouth to his. Unlike before though I felt his mouth move against mine.

My eyes widened as his lips captured mine in a desperate attempt to keep our mouths together.

His hands rose up to my arms as he sat up. Was he planning that?! I hit his chest which was a solid wall of muscle.

Surprisingly he pulled away looking a little puzzled. He's puzzled?! I stood up feeling my heart banging in my chest.

My eyes ran over his body not seeing one scratch on him. That's impossible, he jumped off the cliff! He didn't even wobble a little.

The stranger mimicked my movement towering over me. Raising my head up slowly I met a pair of dark green eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked stupidly

The guy jumps off a freaking cliff and that's what I ask! He kept his dark eyes on me not breaking contact.

"I'm Hunter."

************************

What do you think?!

Vote!

Comment!

~LovelyDove43~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
3K 178 30
Dani and Rose ,two best friends move into an apartment together.New loves are discovered, fights are had,pranks are pulled, secrets revealed.There is...
578K 17.9K 34
**"H-hunter please." I sobbed feeling the tears running down my cheeks His chest shook violently with a growl that had me wishing I could cover my ea...