Athena In Olympus

By NerdAlertz

While on a mission to Greece, Athena is able to find her way back home to Olympus. She is reunited with her m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Six

755 19 5
By NerdAlertz

Chapter 6

"Welcome to Asgard!"

"Thank you Heimdall, how do you do?"

"Very well, Lord Zeus, it's a pleasure seeing both you and Lady Hera." Heimdall smiled to both Olympians.

"It's a pleasure seeing you as well Heimdall," smiled Hera politely.

An emissary came forward to escort Zeus and Hera to the palace to meet Odin.

"Enjoy your stay in Asgard." Heimdall called as the emissary guided Zeus and Hera towards the rainbow bridge. Zeus and Hera smiled politely to Heimdall, and followed their escort through the bridge.

Zeus and Hera admired the beautiful scenery that Asgard was bringing them, they only had a few moments to relax and enjoy the view before getting back to business.

"Here we are," the emissary stoped before the Great Odin and bowed to his king and Queen. "All Father and Queen Frigga, may I present the Lord Zeus and Lady Hera from Olympus."

Odin motioned for the emissary to leave before greeting Zeus and Hera.

"It's good to see you old friend," Odin came down with his arms open to embrace Zeus like a brother.

"Likewise, old friend," Zeus smiled sympathetically.

Frigga also joined in to embrace Hera, "Hera, my dear, it has been so long," Frigga embraced Hera, and Hera returned the favor.

"It has Frigga, Asgard however is more beautiful than I remember." Hera admired.

"Olympus does not stay behind on its beauty either Hera," Odin put in greeting Hera, while Zeus also took the time to greet Frigga.

"Now, old friends, what is the urgency you wanted to speak of?" Odin guided them through the palace.

"You know, once I heard the rumors that my daughter was alive, I hoped it was true, then you confirmed it old friend," Zeus started, "and Metis and I had to find her for ourselves to see her at least once and protect her..."

Hera tried her hardest to feign she was completely fine once Zeus started mentioning Metis.

"...we found her, and as you both can know, Thanos had sent his minions to attack her, but now she is finally home, she found her way back to us."

"Oh that is marvelous news Zeus!" Frigga exclaimed happily, "once our son returned from Midgard, we couldn't believe the news that he had discovered her."

"Yes, which reminds me, I must thank him for being her friend and teacher," Zeus smiled.

"I also could not believe it old friend, and all of this happened because I banished him to Earth, it was fate indeed," said Odin.

"But Thanos attacking her? He knows then?" Frigga questioned.

"He didn't attack her directly," Hera spoke up for the first time.

"Yes, he only sent his minions to test the limit of her power, which is grand, but still not under her control yet," said Zeus.

"But does he know?" Odin repeated Frigga's question.

Zeus and Hera looked at each other before Zeus spoke," we don't know, it is not as if we hid it in plain sight, it is very well stored in the most unlikely of places."

"Does she know what she carries?" Odin said carefully.

Zeus gulped, "for the time being, no, she does not, and it's better for her to be clueless about it, if she were to know, then she wouldn't be safe, that's what Thanos wanted to prove."

"I see, very well strategy my old friend, but sooner or later she will find out."

"Hopefully she understands her mission set forth by the Fates themselves, the universe depends on it." Hera said.

"Now that she's home, however, we found out pressing news.." Zeus said.

"What do you speak of?" Frigga questioned cautiously.

"Before she was able to make it back home, she was being attacked on Earth's Mount Olympus, by an inhuman."

"What!" Frigga gasped.

"Are you certain of this Zeus, that's a very delicate matter." Odin questioned.

"I am certain, once we left the Earth, I think the Kree invaded it and started their experimentation of the humans."

"However, we believe the Kree empire does not know this, if not they would have come back to Earth," Hera said.

"We are not certain what happened in order for the Kree to leave Earth, but those experiments were successful, and there might be many inhumans living in the shadows."

"This is delicate indeed, but how did Athena react?" asked Odin.

"Olympus was in havoc, oceans tide rose, earthquakes, violent winds, and who knows if the fire from the Phlegethon burned worse."

"The four elements..." recalled Frigga.

"Yes, her power is grand, but that is only part of it, she still has so much more to learn and to control it will take a while," said Zeus.

"I have faith in your daughter, old friend, from what my son has told me, she is resilient as her mother," admired Odin.

Once again, Hera mentally was irked, but never did she let it show on the outside. Athena's arrival to Olympus made her question her relationship with Zeus, knowing well that Metis would leave the ocean to visit her daughter as often as she wanted in the heavenly kingdom. Unlike, Demeter, Hera did not have antipathy towards Athena, even though, she was not her daughter, Hera knew it was none of Athena's fault for Zeus' wrongdoings of the past. Love is one of the strongest emotions there is in the world, and Zeus will always love his first love and wife, Metis, despite everything.

"Hera?"

"Yes?" Hera answered Zeus.

"Are you alright?" He asked truly concerned.

"I'm fine, my love." Hera assured him.

Zeus took a long look at Hera to know that she was lying. She has been his wife and queen for thousands of years, he knew her perfectly. However, now in company of friends, was not the time to discuss the matter. By now the conversation was more friendly than pressing issues between the four friends. Odin and Frigga made their guest feel comfortable throughout their stay in Asgard.

•••

"So now where are we?" Athena asked her siblings. Artemis, Apollo, and Persephone.

"Well little sister, this is usually where Persephone and I meet, to have our sister time, " said Artemis who sat on the edge of a cliff that overlooked the sea. The cliff was home to many of the animals that welcomed their lady back to her native land, the forest.

The trees swayed with the ocean breeze, bringing animals out of hiding to greet Artemis. Animals of all sorts came out, wolves, deer, bunnies, and much more.

"I love it because Artemis' home is peaceful," said Persephone sitting down to have a few animals show respect to the Queen of the Underworld.

"Sit down love, they won't bite!" said Apollo, squatting down to sit next to Artemis.

Athena shrugged, and sat next to Apollo. She looked over to the sea, seeing how calm it was. "Does my mother live in there?"

"Yes," Persephone smiled, "Metis lives with Poseidon and Amphitrite in their underwater palace."

It took a moment for Athena to register who Amphitrite was.

"Queen of the Sea." Artemis spoke.

"Oh.." Athena finally realized, "sorry, but I never really did read much mythology, except for the general things."

"Even the myths that mortals have said love are not entirely accurate," Apollo reminded Athena.

"True, like the fact that my mother is not dead for example, how did humans make things up like this."

"Over the centuries, stories become exaggerated, your mother can change almost into any form she'd want. For example, how the myth states that she turned herself into a fly and then father devoured her. Stories are passed down from village to village, each person adding something new only to make it more interesting." Artemis said.

"You're right, but answer me this, why is it that humans suddenly stop believe in you all? Why leave Earth? What happened?"

"Curious our little sister, isn't she!" Apollo remarked with a chuckle.

"It's only fitting brother," said Artemis.

"It all comes down to one word sister, selfishness," Persephone started, "the gods in ancient times were selfish, mostly we all needed humans prayers and offerings to live."

"We didn't realize how much our actions hurt humans that we all realized the hard way that, we didn't deserve them, mankind has always found a way to survive with or without Gods," Apollo some as he was reminiscing through ancient memories.

"Imagine sister," said Artemis, "because of the many of us, we destroyed the earth with petty wars, cursing them with no harvest, getting involved with them intimately, and so on.."

"Then one day," Apollo continued behind Artemis, "the Moirai came to us all to banish us from Earth, we all had done enough harm to the mortals, it was time for them to use their own free will without any God interfering."

"And now little sister, thousands of years later, we still look after human kind, just don't get involved in their decisions," Persephone concluded.

"Before, I came here, there were people on Earth that still believed in you all," Athena mentioned.

"We know, stories have been passed down through generations of our existence," said Artemis, "plus, we've made ourselves known once in a while, it's very rare, father is the one who decides."

"Can you all make someone's prayers come true?"

"Of course we can little sister!" said Apollo, "it all comes down if their intentions are honorable."

"I see, but on a less serious discussion, how do you guys have fun here? I mean it's the same place with the same people at all times?"

The three gods chuckled at how inquisitive Athena was, every second that passed they grew more in love with their sister.

"Oh darling sister please!" chuckled Apollo, "I love your sense of exploring for answers, usually we just--"

The four gods turned in the direction a noise was coming from. It seemed that two gods were strolling near by.

"Who is it?" asked Athena.

"Oh you'll see..." Artemis said shaking her head in amusement.

Before Athena could question any further, she saw the most beautiful woman that ever existed, accompanied by a very handsome man, who held her hand as they talked and laughed. Once the two strangers noticed they were not alone, instantly their eyes flew to Athena, who intrigued them.

Athena could sense their energy, or aura they had around them, just like her brother and two sisters sitting with her. The woman was tall, exquisitely beautiful in every sense with blue eyes and blonde hair, who had an almost pinkish energy surrounding her. The man was handsome, he had a grin on his face as they got closer to Athena, with the rest of the gods who stood up. Athena followed suit, and stood, to not be the only one on the ground. As she got up, she studied the energy around the man, she could feel violence and bloodshed, and it sent her heart to increase in rate.

"Look my love who we have here, our brother and sisters!" said the man with a devilish grin. His voice was rough, yet every word he said rolled off his tongue smoothly.

"Your brother and sisters," the woman corrected the man. To Athena, it was the most beautiful voice she had ever heard.

"Athena, may I introduce to you our brother, Ares," Persephone began with the introductions, "and Aphrodite."

"Hi."

"Little sister!" Ares grinned, "finally you've been found."

"More like I found my way back." Athena retorted.

"Oh I'm sure it's no doubt at all, but look at you, you look just like Metis, beautiful, isn't she love?" Ares turned to Aphrodite.

Aphrodite kindly shook her head at Ares, she knew he was only trying to intimidate Athena, but in good will to test Hades' gift to see her rebellious side, since she was the Goddess of Wisdom, he wanted to know how Athena could balance between her wisdom and her rebellious side.

"Darling please," Aphrodite intervened, "she's just found her way back, let her rest," she said, and then turned to face Athena, "but he is right, you're beautiful as your mother, it's very nice to meet you Athena." Aphrodite went on to hug Athena, and it took her a moment to hug her back. In that hug, Athena could sense Aphrodite was being genuine.

Athena smiled at Aphrodite, in truth, she was expecting Aphrodite to be different than what she is now. She imagined someone sensual and stuck up, but she could sense she was a sweet person, who wore very provocative clothing. Aphrodite's dress was a mauve color that revealed her entire back, extenuating her curvy figure. However, as Aphrodite was sweet, Ares was cocky.

"How do love your new home, eh little sister?" Ares said cockily.

"It's beautiful, like your love," Athena shot back with a cheeky smile, "no offense Aphrodite."

Ares laughed, sending Athena into annoyance. The rest of the gods tried to hide their laughter, they knew Ares was also testing Athena, and that Athena was shooting back just as cocky as him, revealing her rebellious side in good humor.

"So you're suppose to be my opposite, so the fates say," Ares said circling Athena, eyeing ever inch of her, expecting to intimidate her. Athena rolled her eyes, by now Aphrodite joined the rest of the gods to watch both Ares' and Athena's little pissing contest.

"But wiser, love don't forget that part," Athena retorted in a sassy way. At this moment, she could sense that almost every god there was watching her and Ares.

Ares chuckled, "Oh of course, no doubt about it, but you know little sister, we do have one thing in common..."

Athena raised an eyebrow, "Really? You don't say, like what!"

"We, little sister, are rebellious gods when it comes to war!" Ares immediately took out his sword and tossed Athena another, "so what do you say, sister, shall we?" He smirked pointing his sword at Athena.

Athena started to laugh, "you must be joking!"

"Does it look like I am?" Ares said more seriously, but still smirking.

Athena studied the sword that Ares tossed her, it was a shiny silver so elegant that had Greek letters inscribed in the blade.

"Don't know how to use a sword?" Ares mocked.

Athena took her eyes off the sword to swing it around her and finished pointing it at Ares, "Don't underestimate me, I do, but I prefer to use my hands."

"Hand to hand combat, lets see your skills, battle strategy goddess," Ares mocked and started swinging his sword at Athena. Each swing Athena blocked endlessly, "hmm, you know what your doing little sister, but let's see your foot work, if I step to the right--" Ares took his step and shot at Athena, who graciously moved the sword about her, shielding herself from Ares' moves, "very good!" He admired, "now if I go left--" he tried striking Athena's midsection, in which she blocked, and came up to swing at Ares' head, in which he duct, and tried going for another part of Athena, but she being two steps ahead of him, swung her sword around and blocked Ares and kicked his sword out of his hands, and was left pointing at him with hers.

"And now, dear brother," Athena mocked, "you're sword less."

Cheers came from around all of Olympus, who all just happened to be enjoying the show. She could see her mother next to her uncle Aidon, who smiled proudly at her.

Ares clapped," amazing! Now try to keep up will ya!" Ares began to defend himself, without a weapon, against Athena who was trying to strike him with the sword she still had in her hands.

Athena admired all the counter measures Ares did in order to avoid her strikes at him, he was weaponless, and still fought her. Then, before Athena could strike at him again, Ares blocked her wrist grabbing it, and kicked the sword out of Athena's hands. Both now were weaponless.

Hand to hand combat it was now.

A fist came towards Athena, and she moved her head out of the way, with her hands being behind her back, smirking. Ares' smiled, and tried another moved, in which Athena also moved out of the way, still not using her hands. Ares swung his right leg up at Athena, who now stopped him with her right hand, and pushed him back slightly, now her hands were out.

Ares amazed by his sister, smiled and got back up, and took his position with his fists up and ready to challenge her. Athena took hers, and signaled Ares to come at her.

"Just so we get this clear, sister, it is a friendly fight okay," Ares reminded her.

Athena laughed, "Aww!" She mocked him, "are you scared?"

Ares smirked, "you're challenging me?"

"You challenged me first!" Athena came to him, punching his midsection three times, took hold of his left arm that was in the air, to anchor herself, and swung up to have her legs wrapped around his torso and flip him down.

Ares astounded by her force and skill, looked up at Athena from the ground, as everyone in Olympus cheered.

"Now you, try to keep up, brother!" Athena sassed.

Ares welcomed the challenged, and flipped himself off the ground. "That's my sister, lets go!"

Ares came to block Athena's fist with his hand, ducted down and swung his leg to knock her off balance. Athena got up from the ground, took one of Ares' wrists, and turned to have her elbow punch his chest, which he blocked, and instead she swung her leg back to hit him and he released her. Once again, Ares took point to have her pinned down to the ground, but Athena's knees blocked his passage, and she used them to strike it as torso, pushing Ares back. He ducked and tried to knock her off balance, but Athena jumped up to swing at him with her leg. He caught her ankle and pushed her back, yet Athena with her other leg, she curled it around his neck, and forced Ares to release her. Ares took position again and came to strike with all the moves he had left, but Athena blocked each and every one of them, striking back harder, each time.

Before the both of them could continue any further, lightning took over the skies, making them both stop, and look to the skies like the rest of the gods in Olympus. Lightning started to manifest itself into a circle, becoming a portal. Zeus and Hera came through it, to find all eyes on them. Zeus looked around at what was happening and he saw Ares and Athena in the middle of a circle full of gods.

Ares took the opportunity that Athena was not paying attention to come and strike her.

"Sister, never take your eyes off your oppo--" Ares came to strike Athena. Athena without paying him attention, grabbed his hand in mid air, and onces again caught his neck in between her legs, flipped them both, and twisted his arm and squeezed her legs together to choke him. "O--ookay--" Ares choked. Athena released him, and got up.

Cheers erupted amongst the gods, even Zeus applauded.

Ares smirking stood up, "brilliant, sister, brilliant!" He clapped and went up to hug Athena.

Athena, taken aback, hugged him back, "was this a test?"

"In a way," smiled Ares, "you and I are defiantly opposites and won't agree on many occasions, but I'd love to have you on my side in case any war, you are a force to be reckoned with," Ares smiled, "so now you get some rest, because tomorrow it'll be all about you in Mount Olympus, and Dionysus is the kind of brother that loves to throw one hell of a party." Ares said walking away, Aphrodite following right behind, "oh and one more thing," he turned around, "welcome home, little sister!"

At this, Athena smiled. Ares maybe her complete opposite, that which he said is true, but regardless, he was her brother. From that moment on, she knew despite many arguments the two of them may have in the future, he would always have her back.

•••••••••••••••••••••
Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! More gods will be making appearances, so for the next chapter which will be the a homecoming party for Athena, do you guys have any expectations or anything you would like to see? Also, can any of you guys guess what Zeus, Hera, Odin, and Frigga were talking about, when they said Athena was hidden with something? Let me know!

And I forgot last chapter to put a casting on Hermes, but he will be played by Sam Claflin.
Casting for this chapter goes is:
Aphrodite- Rosie Huntington-Whitely
Ares- Daniel Sherman
Which are in the photo above! Hope you love them, because there will be more of them soon! And even though, this is a little break for Athena from Earth, because she will have a separate life on Earth and in Olympus, which is why The Life of Athena is currently on a break till I finish here, and then go back and get into the avengers as soon as she returns back to Earth and to STEVE! Haha, but in Olympus she does have a love interest, I think I might have mentioned it somewhere, but can any of you guess? And no, you guys have not met him, yet ;)

xxx, love y'all ✌️️😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 2.8K 15
Being Tony Stark daughter is one of the easiest things in the world. But add being a superhero, trying to face off against the god of mischief, and t...
133K 4.4K 33
Athena - goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts...
384 7 8
Bucky Barnes x reader (This story only has the characters from the MCU and follows some of the same plot. Other than that it's all made up for this...
1.6M 57.9K 35
Every family has demons, but none of them seem to scream as loudly as they do in the Stark family. Tony Stark is known for many things; a father...