Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 46

283 45 1
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 46

"Naomi." I felt someone tapping me.

"Mhmm." I groaned

"Naomi?" The voice got clearer to me.

Wait.

My eyes snapped open and I see my mum sitting right Infront of me.

"Mum? What are you doing here?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Uhmm this is my house."

I looked around to realise I was still in the sitting room. I was lying down on the couch and I guess that I must have dozed off while watching Trainwreck.

"Why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be in your room?" She asked.

I sat up and sighed.

"Are those Victoria secrets?!" Her eyes lit up as she studied my body. "Naomi what's going on? What's all these about? The candles, the lasagna in the kitchen, you're half naked inside your kimono."

I groaned at my mum's constant question and curiousness.

"Was a boy supposed to come over?" She asked another question right before I could answer any of her other questions.

I looked at her. She was looking back at me curiously.

"Yes mum." I muttered.

I knew what was coming next

"Naomi!" She looked at me outraged.

Yep I was ready to get the worst lecture from my mum.

"First of all, when did you think it was alright to let a guy over to 'my' house in the 'night'?" She asked.

"But mum i-"

"Don't try to pull that I am 16 thing on me because I am not going to sit here and watch my daughter dress like some slut looking for attention."

"Mum!"

"This is not the best time to talk about this. We'll talk about it tomorrow morning." She stood up. "And clear the kitchen stuffs before you go to bed."

She walked away without giving me one last glance.

My shoulders dropped and I was ready to break down.

My mum just called me a 'slut.'

That wasn't even the main problem now.

I glanced at the clock to see it was 1:15 am. I've lost it.

Who was I fooling? Adam was no way going to show up.

After wrapping and keeping the lasagna in the fridge, I had to do my own messy dish before having to take the trash out by 1 am!

Everything was so messed up at the moment. Why did I always have to be the unlucky one in everything? Why couldn't I just have everything going as planned? I'm dating the worst boy. I have the worst skin. My family is too busy for me.

What else could not go wrong?

I took the bag out of the bin and made my way to the door.

I really wish I could throw this bin bag on Adam's face right now. He is such an ass.

I got to the front door and pressed my head against it. I really really wish tonight went perfect.

I couldn't even cry anymore. All I have to do is just turn my emotions off and pretend like I don't care.

I sighed before opening the door.

The moment I fully opened the door, I couldn't take any step further.

He was standing there. Right infront of me.

**********

Basically, I couldn't remove my hands from my mouth the whole time I was sitting on the couch with Adam by my side. We've been sited for about five minutes without anyone saying anything.

My hands have been on my mouth while my elbows rest on my lap as I sit there and think about what to do next. Shout? Kick him out? Punch him in the face?

"Naomi?" Adam broke the silence.

I shut my eyes. Please don't start a fuss.

"I am really sorry, I can explain everything."

I still don't answer.

"Baby girl I just-"

I pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him.

What else could I do but shut him up?

Explaining things wouldn't solve anything. Neither will arguing with him make things better.

We've had enough drama throughout this relationship and I was not ready for another. Let me be the mature one this time.

Excuses come every time but forgiveness only comes once. Unfortunately I just have to swallow up my stupid pride and forgive him.

Kissing him after he messed up was probably the most stupid thing i have done but it's way better than going to bed with both Adam and my mum's issues on my head. So I needed to let one problem solve itself immediately.

I pulled back before glancing at Adam who looked taken back by what I just did.

"Naomi I know what you're trying to do but please just-"

I put my hands over his mouth.

"It's okay." I whispered.

I glanced through the hallway hoping my mum wouldn't come downstairs on the sound to our voices.

Adam nodded his head slowly still looking scared and surprised at the same time.

He surely must think I have an evil plan.

We both sat there in silence while I play with my fingers and for the first time, Adam wasn't using his phone but rather stared at me and he was probably trying to figure out what to say.

"It's about your dad's wedding plan isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes and he was holding me back the whole time. Right from when school was over he called me over to his office and we had to go all the way to the shop and-"

"-Adam!" I breathe out. "I just asked a single question. I don't need any explanation tonight. I've had a long day and whatever excuse you tell me wouldn't work."

"Naomi.." He took my hands and went all the way to his knees which made me really surprised.

Please don't start any drama.

"It's all my fault. Every problem that has happened between us is all my fault-"

I'm glad you know.

"-and I promise from now on-"

There he goes again with the promise that he will always break.

"-I will not let a single thing get between us and I promise to fight for whatever that tries to do that." He finished.

"Is that all?" I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed and glanced down.

"I know whatever I try to do will not make you feel any better but-" he stopped and glanced at my body.

"Is that lingerie?" He looked surprised.

I looked down at my kimono that had already fallen in place to expose by bra and part of my panties. I pulled the kimono over in embarrassment because that wasn't something Adam was supposed to see yet... Or never.

"That's not the problem here." I rolled my eyes.

He still doesn't stop looking at my body even after I covered myself with the kimono.

"Adam snap yourself out of it. Nothing's going to happen."

He looked down and sighed.

"I know that's my punishment. I hate myself so much for letting you down." He said.

You better hate yourself more.

He stayed there in his kneeling position and played with my hands as I could see he was getting lost in his thoughts.

Naomi just get over it and let go. No matter how mad you are, you know you still love him stupid.

"You didn't let me down." I sighed. "The least you could do was show up and you did. Although the time is really late."

I glanced at the clock to see it was 2:04 am.

"I didn't want to break another promise again." He said.

"You actually did. What if I was in bed, there's nothing you could do about it."

"I believed you were actually going to wait for me no matter how late it was and.... you did." He smiled. "Thanks a lot for that Naomi."

I looked at him and couldn't help myself but smile as I played with his hair.

"What are girlfriends for." I smirked. He chuckled and looked at me.

I was glad the tension in the room was starting to light up.

"Oh uhmm before I forget." He looked away. "I've got to give you this."

He sat back on the couch and reached for his pocket and brought out a folded printed paper and handed it to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows before I took the paper to read it.

On it wrote:

'INVITATION TO:
CHICAGO'S 7th AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST 2016

Date: 27th April 2016
Address: Museum of Contemporary Photography, Chicago'

"Tell me it's not what I am thinking?" I squealed.

"I made it to the top 5 finalist baby girl!" He grinned.

"Oh my... Adam!" I jumped over to hug him. "I'm so proud of you!"

"No thank you baby girl for letting this happen."

"My pleasure." I squeezed his cheeks. "And just before-"

"Naomi." A voice cuts us.

We both turned to the entrance of the sitting room to see my mum standing over there with her long pink night gown.

I was in big trouble.

"Uhm mum." I stood up worriedly. "I can explain."

"It's fine." She raised her hand. "What's your name young boy?"

"Adam." He stood up to give my mum a handshake but she doesn't respond.

Okay this was not getting any better.

"Are your parents aware that you're out this late?" She asked.

"No- I mean yes ma'am. I was actually about to leave."

"Good." She raised her head. "Naomi shouldn't be sleeping late and needs to be up for school on time this morning."

"Mum I was definitely going to-"

"Goodnight kids." She cut me and walked away without giving one last glance.

I put my hands over my face and groaned.

Why was my mum being so petty today?

"Sorry Adam she's not like that most of the time." I looked at him.

"No it's fine. I actually understand what she's getting at." He said. "Want to see me off?"

"Sure thing."

We walked over to his car in silence after my mum destroyed our happy moment that was the only good that happened tonight.

"I'm really sorry about tonight." Adam said the moment we got to the front of his car.

"Look Adam it's fine." I shrugged.

"I promise I will make it up to you when I get back okay?"

"You don't have to promise me anything. Like I said it's fine."

Although it's still not perfectly fine.

"I wish I could believe that." He snorted.

I shrugged. Good you read my mind.

"Uhm so when I get to Paris, I'm going to call you on Skype whenever I'm free."

"I don't have Skype."

"That's weird..." He trailed off. "You definitely have FaceTime."

"Not like I use it."

"Do it for us." He patted my shoulders.

"Okay..." I trailed off. "I've got to get back inside before my mum blows up on us."

"Right." He chuckled.

I nodded my head slowly and stared at him.

"Can I kiss you one more time before I leave?" He said.

"You didn't have to ask." I rolled my eyes before pulling him closer to kiss him.

"And that pays it right." He smirked after drifting away.

"I'm going to miss you." I said already feeling my tummy twist.

"I'm going to miss you more babe."

I looked down not getting ready to cry infront of him.

"Come here." He whispered and pulled me for a hug.

I hug him tighter because I know I'm not going to feel this moment for almost two weeks.

After I let go of him and walk over to my house, I stand in front of the door then watch Adam start the car. He looked at me and gave me a small smile before reversing his car.

I waved at him in response.

The car finally drove off to the streets and I stay and watch it disappear.

Whatever it takes, Adam please come back soon.

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 46

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 89.7K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
79.2K 4.1K 41
When a laid back and rudely gorgeous city girl comes for her farmer's market crown, Sabina's dream of joining the family honey business is threatened...
11.2K 632 46
Kiara Jones a seventeen year old girl lives a simple life with her family and friends in Florida. She had never been in love neither had flings. Kia...
3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...