The Dark Windows

By nandostagram_1d

Ally has been best friends with Charlie all her life. The only problem with Charlie is her obnoxious friend L... More

The Dark Windows
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Another Author's note

Chapter 27

125 9 4
By nandostagram_1d

Louis's POV:

I was sitting in class, the Monday after I went to the police station on Saturday. After taking half of Saturday and half of Sunday, we back tracked the blocked number that was on my phone.

All that we found out was that it was sent from this town. Other than that, he completely blocked it and made it so that you couldn't find the number or anything else. It was completely blocked except for the location.

Once I found out the location, I walked around half of the town and screamed her name. I screamed "Ally" throughout the entire neighborhood. Again I had my baseball bat in hand, and again lots of people came out and asked if I was okay. God dammit I was sick of that word.

"Okay" had become such a common phrase to me lately. It pissed me off honestly. Either way, I only made it through half the town, my hand hurting like hell along the way.

After I did that, I went to the apple store. It was about 10 at night, but I didn't care. I didn't have a warranty on my phone and I was too tired to fight with the apple genius. So, I settled and bought an iPhone 5. I had to get all my contacts back, and I had lost all my photos. Especially the ones of Ally.

Charlie and Ally would love to steal my phone and take photos of themselves on there. I would keep a few, just because it reminded me of Ally.

I remember that day she knocked on my door for help from the van. Back then I acted like it was nothing, just an idiotic thing. It's the complete opposite now. She would roll her eyes at me, and all I could even do back then was compliment her damn football.

When I drove her home that day, she looked at my phone screen. She was on it, Charlie too. She claimed she was "ugly". Hell, if I was her boyfriend back then, I would've grabbed her waist and held her tight. I would've kissed her soft lips and said, "You weren't ugly, don't ever tell yourself that."

What I really said was, "You were a hell of a princess." I should've done something bigger back then to protect her, but even just those few months ago, I was still in denial.

"Louis! Mr. Tomlinson!" My teacher yelled. I looked up at her small, pale face. She had a stern look on it, and I was almost about too punch it to be honest. "I must've said your name a dozen times! Are you going to go up and present your project, or are you just going to sit there?"

I was in English class, and our project was just too write a poem. It could be about anything really, it just had to follow the ABCB pattern.

I sighed, and stood up from my desk. I grabbed the piece of paper and walked up to the front of the class. I held the crumpled up paper in my hands, my bruised and broken hands. The paper was basically in pieces. I crumpled it up first, and then I got so mad I ripped it up a bit.

Then I realize I actually needed it, so I taped it back together. So now, it was a big mess. All eyes were on me, not a sound coming from the room. They all just stared at me, and waited.

"Louis, would you like to read now?" I cleared my throat, and held the piece of paper.

"Erm...this poem is called 'Pain'." I gulped. I didn't want to read this. I didn't want to share this with anyone. But hell, I couldn't make something up on the spot. I just looked back at the paper and sighed. Here we go.

"It only gets harder

Waking up every day

Listening to the people saying

'It'll all be okay'

I don't want to hear that

I want the truth

And I know the truth now

Because I'm here without you

The pain's only growing

It gets worse by the hour

There's a screaming in my head

But it only gets louder

You can't fall asleep

You're awake thinking of it all

To the point where you're so broken

That you're just going to fall

My thoughts overcrowd

And suddenly I'm lost

In a world where I see you

At no cost

But you're not here

You're caught up in his plan

You're in pain and denial

All from that man

I'm looking for you

I search day and night

Hoping and praying

That I'll save you tonight

Yes the pain is still here

It's evident at the sound of your name

But no matter how far away we are

I'll always love you the same."

When I was done reading my poem, I was on the verge of a breakdown. I looked at all the students, and their mouths were dropped open. One girl was blowing her nose, tears clear in her eyes. They all knew what I was talking about. I looked down at the paper, and heard a faint clap.

The clap grew into two, then five, then the whole class. More girls were crying, and they were all clapping at my poem. As fucking cliché as it sounded, it felt pretty damn good.

I handed my teacher the paper, and walked back to my seat with content. I rested my back on the chair, and looked at the board.

"That was beautiful." I heard in my ear. I turned around, and saw a girl, one of the ones who was crying. "Never give up on her." I gave this generous girl a nice smile, and turned around.

I won't.

Ally's POV:

My mind has shut down; as in it has completely shut down. For the past two days, I haven't moved. My body has literally never moved an inch. My eyes would stare up at the blank white ceiling, all day long.

John would come in and ask if I'm ok, I would see him out of the corner of my eye. But I wouldn't move. My body was physically unable. I could only think of one thing. This place.

No longer did I dream of getting out, or did I picture what's going on at school. I didn't think of what people thought about me right now, or what I would be doing if I weren't here. I just thought about this.

I thought about what time Rob would come in, and take away my innocence yet again. I thought about what I have to do to get him to stop. I thought about everything wrong in the world instead of what might happen if I just dream.

He hurt me, the pain can never be erased. He just killed me on the inside, but I knew that would happen eventually. He made me be quiet, and not say anything. That hurt the worst. He just took away everything from me. Louis.

The only other thing I let myself think about was Louis. I always thought about him, but this time it was different. I actually took Rob's words to heart. Was I becoming like him? That wasn't a bad thing. Or was it? I don't know what he's become, but I'm sure he's even better.

I haven't eaten anything in two days. The hunger became numbing in a way, just like my body. Rob's hands, they acted like ice. With everything they touched, I became numb. I was under his spell, he took over me. I had to listen to him, otherwise he would hurt me. Hit me. Louis.

I want him to touch me. Not like this, I want his warming touch. His arms around my fragile body. My body that will continue to get worse as he takes advantage of it more.

I'll never be the same again. My heart, it's broken. My mind is shot. My headache is at a peak, and it feels like my whole head is throbbing. I'm wounded from head to toe, and there's no stopping this now. I'm in too deep, and I used to think I could avoid this all. I was wrong.

So completely utterly wrong. It's going to get harder, the pain will increase with every touch. And if I do ever get out of here, I won't be able to have a family. I won't be able to trust anyone. I couldn't go to school, because who could I trust?

I couldn't ever date, or marry anyone. I couldn't have children because...I shook my head. I can't do anything after this. Louis will be waiting for me. He'll be waiting for me, just like all those 8 years. He'll want to hold me and comfort me. But he can't. And he'll say it's all okay, but it won't be to him. It made me want to cry. But I can't.

These past two days, I haven't cried at all. I'm physically unable to cry, and it's killing me. No matter how hard I try, they won't come. I'm broken. The pain is wrapped up inside of me, and maybe if I just cry, I can become stronger. But I can't cry.

I blinked my eyes slowly. I haven't sleeper either, but that's normal. I continued staring up at the blank ceiling, and tried my hardest to wipe out the memories that could never be erased.

Louis's POV:

"You're kidding."

"No mum, I'm not." I was sitting at the kitchen table with my mum. It was about 4:30, and my sisters were upstairs.

"She can't just do that."

"Mum, it's not that big of a deal. I got an A on the poem." My mum was getting mad because of what my teacher did. I was leaving class, and she stopped me. She said my poem was excellent, but she was going to tell the guidance counselor because I seemed 'unstable'. She wanted me to meet with him every day. I complained, but she wouldn't listen. I also have to meet with the principal once a week.

"Yes it is! There's nothing wrong with you. You're perfectly stable, you're just fighting for what you want."

"Try telling them that."

"I will!"

"Mum, please don't get involved. My mind has already been hurting a lot more these past two days for some reason. It's like it's...shot. I can barely think about anything but her and the boss."

"Would you like some Tylenol?"

"I'm fine." She sighed.

"I hope you're better by Friday."

"What's Friday?"

"December 12th. Lottie and Felicité are coming home for the holidays."

"Has Thanksgiving really passed?"

"Yes. We didn't celebrate this year because of all that happened." Oh. The plans of everything were changing because of me. I let out a sigh. We heard footsteps run down the stairs, and I turned around. It was Phoebe and Daisy. "Hi girls." My mum said.

"Hi!" They both said at the same time. My headache grew worse, as I sat at the table. I still tried to put on a smile.

"Louis, do you wanna have a tea party with us?" Daisy asked me. I looked at my mum, then back at the girls. They don't know about Ally.

"I'm sorry girls, I don't feel very well. Can we do it tomorrow, yeah?" They sighed.

"You can never play anymore." Phoebe said.

"Oh honey, you know he hasn't been feeling well." My mum said.

"He always used to play with us! Now, he never does."

"Girls, I'm sorry. I haven't been feeling well lately-"

"And Ally is never here anymore! Why don't you talk to her anymore?!" Daisy said. My eyes went wide, and I stared at them.

"She...she erm...hasn't been feeling well lately either."

"Is she mad at you?"

"No...why?" I was fighting back the tears I was feeling.

"Because you never talk about her anymore. Are you two friends? Can we invite her over for tea, too?" I looked down at my hands and bit my lip.

"She can't, girls." They sighed, and ran up the stairs.

"Girls, wait!" My mum yelled up there. She looked at me, and stood up.

"I'll handle it mum." I said. What was I gonna do? Tell them? All I knew was, I had to fix this before they hate me, just like everyone else lately.

Surprise!!! I promised some of my readers that if I hit 600 reads last night, I'd post a chapter. Now it's at over 640! Can you all do me a favor and please tell your friends about this fanfiction? I really want to gain a lot of readers. Thank you all for reading! Love you all. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396 12 9
Skylar Grace is the most popular girl in school. Everyone wants to be just like her. She's the prettiest girl, she's the captain of the volleyball te...
4.3K 69 11
Harry and Louis Have always been best friends, but when they get into a fight when Harry confesses to Eleanor about him kissing Louis, Louis meets a...
27.5K 918 32
Louis Tomlinson is in a problem. He needs a new after school buddy after his usual buddy Niall left him. Louis is a regular high schooler who gets pi...
23.9K 589 16
Louis Tomlinson. Aka The trouble maker out of the entire school and also y/n best friend. What happens when Louis realises that she is more than a fr...