It Only Takes Once

By Its_Imani

Shakayln Smith, a 26 year old lawyer, goes out one night in three years and finds herself pregnant by kingpin... More

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 1)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 2)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 3)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 4)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 6)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 7)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 8)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 10)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 11)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)
Attention!!
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 13)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 14)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 16)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 18)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 19)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 20)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 21)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 23)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 25)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 27)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 30)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 31)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 33)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 34)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 35)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 36)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 39)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 40)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part I)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part II)
It Only Takes Once (Epilouge Part III)

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 28)

205K 4.4K 1.1K
By Its_Imani

"Shakayln, I still can't believe yo dramatic ass." Khadarious said shaking his head at me before he busted out laughing.

"Shut up, I couldn't help it." I mumbled feeling my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"So, do you not have control over your bladder or nah?" He asked before laughing again.

"Would you shut up." I mumbled while rolling my eyes. "Damn."

"You can't get mad at me because you peed on yourself and thought you were going into labor." He said smacking his lips.

"Would you shut up, I was in pain okay. I didn't even know the damn difference, it was like I didn't have control of my muscles." I explained for the thousandth time.

"Yeah whatever." He laughed.

"And if I'm correct, I believe it was you, who said I was going into labor, not me." I pointed out.

"Well excuse me, my wife is nine months pregnant, she's cramping, and the bed is wet." He scoffed. "What was I supposed to think?"

"Shut up." I mumbled while rolling my eyes. "Just don't tell anybody, okay." I told him.

"Can I just tell Devin?" He asked hopefully making me roll my eyes.

"He'll no, he'll never let me live it down." I said shaking my head.

"Ugh, fine." He grumbled.

"Ready for therapy?" I asked rubbing his chest as I sat on the edge of his hospital bed.

"Do I have a choice?" He asked smirking.

"Nah you really don't." I said making a goofy face at him. "Just know that I'll be there every step of the way." I smiled.

"Aw, thanks baby." He said leaning forward to kiss me. "I appreciate you baby Mama."

"No problem baby Daddy." I said rubbing his stomach.

"Why you so touchy this morning?" He asked. "You tryna get into something?" He smirked while biting his bottom lip.

"Nah, but you are looking kinda good in those shorts." I giggled before putting my hand on his thigh and rubbing it.

"I'm just glad to be out of that damn hospital gown." He complained with aas frown.

"Don't get too comfortable, the only reason they allowed you to change is to go to therapy." I told him.

"I don't care, I'm not putting that damn gown on." He grumbled.

"But you were so cute in it." I cooed.

"Shut up." He mumbled.

"Nope." I smirked.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you can't." He said referring to this morning when I finally decided to sit on his face. I couldn't be quiet so he stopped so the nurses wouldn't come in thinking something was wrong.

"Fuck you." I laughed.

"Daddy stop, it's too much." He mocked me. "Oooooh Gawd." He laughed. "Thank ya Jesus." He said throwing his hands in the air. "Yes, yes, yes, Yesssssss." He hollered making me blush before busting him in his chest.

"You are so childish, I didn't even say all that and I surely don't sound like that." I protested.

"The devil is a lie." He said giving me a face. "Imma record you next time." He said nodding his head.

"You better not." I said giving him the eye.

"Why not, we can be the next Ray J and Kim Kardashian." He shrugged.

"Hell no." I exclaimed.

"Knock knock." Shakayla said while she knocked on the door before pushing the door open.

"I see you learned your lesson." I laughed, referring to her walking in on Khadarious and I having sex yesterday. I struggled to get up off of the couch to hug her and get the bag of breakfast she brought Khadarious and I from Ihop.

"I really did though, that was traumatizing as hell." She said scrunching up her face.

"Shut up, everybody has sex." I mumbled before trying to hand her a fifty dollar bill to pay her back for our food.

"Not when one of the people is nine months pregnant and the other is crippled. Not to mention y'all nasty ass's was in a public place." She grumbled before putting the money in her bra.

"Aye, aye." Khadarious said getting her attention. "I'm not crippled, I'm incapacitated." He corrected her.

"Whatever, same thing, yall ass's are still wrong and nasty as hell." She said pointing her finger at the both of us.

"Bitch we're married, my husband is entitled to sex just like I am. We were both in the mood and we just happened to be in a hospital." I shrugged while explaining.

"And what if his Grandma, Aunt Charmaine, or Kamile would've walked in?" She asked smirking.

"Then they just would've seen my ass cheeks." I shrugged. They all know we have sex, how else would this have happened?" I asked gesturing to my pregnant belly.

"You are a damn mess Shak." She shook her head as she laughed.

"That's why you love me." I grinned at her before waddling to the sink to wash my hands.

"Aw babe." Khadarious grinned from the bed.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You're doing the little pregnancy waddle." He laughed.

"Ugh, don't remind me. I've been doing this since almost six months." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's cute, but you look kinda weird doing it." He smirked.

"How so?" I asked wiping my hands on a paper towel.

"You got that big ol booty back there, you're already close to the ground so it just makes it look kinda funny." He explained.

"Thanks Khadarious." I mumbled sarcastically.

"No babe I didn't mean it like that." He said trying to correct himself.

"Whatever Khadarious." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Baby, don't be like that, it's a good thing. You know I love your big ol booty." He whined.

"Whatever." I said swatting his hands away from my butt when I turned around to get the food out of the bags.

"Love you Mama." He said grabbing my wrist. "Give me some sugar."

"Love you too Daddy." I mumbled bending down to peck his lips.

"Y'all are nasty." Shakayla said from the couch where she was eating on her pancake platter.

"We didn't even do anything, we just kissed." I protested.

"Yall ain't slick, the only time married people call each other Mama and Daddy is when their old or having sex." She explained.

"Okay well I guess that's true, we really weren't trying to be nasty about it though." I laughed.

"Shit I was." Khadarious said grinning before sticking his tongue out and wiggling it.

"Babe shut up." I said laughing at the expression on Shakayla's face.

"Yall are so damn inappropriate." She said shaking her head.

"We know." Khadarious grinned.

I got Khadarious's plate from the bag, handed him a bottle of hand Sanitizer from my purse, and placed his bottle of apple juice, napkins, and silverware on his tray. After making sure he had all that he needed and was situated, I dug into my various foods.

Bacon Temptation Omelette with Salsa and sour cream

Stack Of Pancakes with Butter Pecan Syrup

Side of Hashbrowns and Eggs with Ketchup and Hot sauce

Chocolate Crepes with whipped cream and syrup

Side Of Bacon

Apple Juice

I was set, I finished almost all of my food before Khadarious and Shakayla and they both had less food than I did.

Hell I was hungry and so were these babies.

"I'm here." Shamika sang coming through the door with Kamile following close behind.

"Hey guys." I said grinning at them as I sipped on my apple juice.

"Aw Sissy, you look cute." Kamile said hugging my shoulders after greeting her brother.

"Um thanks." I said in confusion. I looked down at my attire, which was a pair of black leggings, one of Khadarious's Versace shirts, a pair of tan Ugg boots, and my hair was up in a bun with no makeup on.

"I'm serious, you're glowing." She complemented, making me blush.

"Aw Shak, you are glowing." Mika said excitedly. "Either you got some, you're happy, or you're about to give birth." She contemplated.

"The first two." I giggled.

"Aw Shak, I'm glad you're happy." Shakayla smiled. "I'm not even gonna speak on the other one." She said making Khadarious and I both laugh at the inside joke.

"Why you so happy?" Khadarious asked with a mouthful of pancake.

"Because your big head ass finally decided to wake up and now I can quit worrying myself sick over your nappy headed ass." I smirked.

"I missed your ass too." He said sarcastically as he mugged me.

"Ha, I know." I grinned before blowing him a kiss.

"Love you Mama." He said making a goofy face before biting his bacon

"Love you too Daddy." I winked.

"Yall get on my nerves." Mika complained before plopping down next to me on the couch.

"We love our haters." Khadarious said flipping her off.

"Nigga ain't nobody hating on yall." Mika said smacking her lips.

"That's what they all say." I chimed in. "It's okay to be jealous though, not everybody is able to have a love like ours." I grinned.

"Aw babe." Khadarious cooed with a mouthful of food. "That was cute."

"Don't talk with your mouth full baby, it's not cute." I said shaking my head.

"My Niggas!" Devin said busting into the hospital room with Victoria following close behind.

"Wassup Nigga." Khadarious said dapping him up.

"Shit chilling." He shrugged. "Hey sis." He said coming to hug me before sitting beside me.

"Hey, what the hell did you do to my bestfriend?" I asked elbowing him when Victoria came into the room without a word to anybody and just sat down.

"Shit I don't know, she must be on her period or something." He grumbled. "She didn't let me get none last night or this morning."

"You probably did something to her and you just don't wanna say it." I said eyeing him before resting my hands on my belly.

"Fine, we were just taking a little romantic bath together or whatever and I kinda peed in the water." He said quickly. "No biggie."

"You are nasty as hell Devin." Shakayla said scrunching up her face in disgust.

I couldn't say much because I did the same thing to Khadarious, only I had an excuse for mine.

"Both you and Shakayln are pissy." Khadarious hollered before busting out in uncontrollable laughter.

"Shut the fuck up." I warned eyeing him. "Cripple ass."

"My bad Ma." He chuckled.

"That's not all his stupid, retarded ass did." Victoria said speaking up and mugging him. "His ass gave me mushrooms and his ugly ass knows I'm allergic to mushrooms. Then when he finally brought me to the damn hospital he had the nerve to be flirting with the receptionist. Like really, if you gon' try and flirt with somebody in my face, please at least make sure they're cuter than me or something. That's just flat out disrespectful." Victoria continued ranting.

"Damn." Khadarious mumbled trying to hold in his laugh.

"First his ugly ass done pissed on me in the tub, then he feed me mushrooms and had my damn face swollen and my throat itching like hell, then he flirted with an ugly bitch in my face. I outta kill you." She mumbled mugging him.

"I'm sorry baby, I really did forget you was allergic though." Devin whined. "I was just trying to make that girl feel good about herself. She was ugly as fuck baby, nobody pays attention to people as ugly as that. I was just trying to do what God would have wanted me to do."

"And what God would've wanted you to do?" Kamile asked.

"Make that ugly bitch smile." He said seriously. "But for real baby, I really am sorry."

"No you're not, you just want some pussy." She argued.

"True." Khadarious chimed in.

"Yeah, that is true too, but I really am sorry though Tori." He pouted. "On God." He swore when he realized she still didn't believe him.

"I guess it's okay." She huffed.

"Come here." He smirked opening his arms up to her.

She got up from her seat by the window and slowly made her way to him. As soon as she sat down on his lap he was attacking her face. Their hands began to roam each other's bodies and Victoria started reaching for his belt loop.

"Um would you two stop, we are in the same room." I said loudly.

Clearly their dumb ass's were either too in the moment to hear me or they just didn't care because they continued fondling each other with us in the room.

Nasty Ass's

"Aye stop." I said busting the both of them upside their heads with my oversized Hemés bag.

"Oh my bad yall." Victoria giggled before getting off Devin's lap and extending her hand out to him. He quickly took it and the both of headed towards the door.

"We may or may not be back in time, but good luck with your therapy Bruh." Devin said before Tori dragged him out of the room.

"They're almost as bad as yall, but not quite." Shakayla said eyeing Khadarious and I.

"Will you let that go?" I groaned.

"Nah probably not." She laughed.

"What time is my therapy session supposed to start?" Khadarious asked me.

"In about twenty minutes." I said looking down at my watch.

"Damn." He mumbled.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a concerned expression on my face.

"I wanted to get a quick session of our own in." He winked.

"We still can." I giggled.

"Um, no the hell you can't." Mika and Kamile said simultaneously making us laugh.

"Cock blockers." Khadarious said mugging the both of them.

The twenty minutes went by so fast, one moment we were talking and joking around about stupid stuff, and the next moment the nurse was telling us it was already time for Khadarious's therapy session.

"Want me to go with you?" I asked pushing myself up from the couch and going to where the nurse was trying to get him situated into the wheelchair but he wasn't having it.

"Ma'am, I can get up by myself." He huffed impatiently. He had an irritated look on his face while she continued to try and help him.

"Baby, she's just doing her job." I said gently. "Ma'am, I think he'll be a little more comfortable if you let him get out the bed himself." I told her trying to help her.

"I understand that but it's hospital protocol, if something were to happened it would be my fault." She explained.

"Nothing will happen, so if you would move out of my damn way I could get out if this motherfucking bed by my damn self." He snapped making my eyes widen.

Right then and there is when I realized this would be no easy journey in the least. Khadarious is a very stubborn and pride full man and he would let himself suffer until he makes it on his own rather than getting help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 13.5K 46
Jasmine is a 23 year old female who is running her own clothing store and raising her knucklehead boy. With their father doing time in prison and the...
5.1K 121 40
(Book 1) ~I Really Wanna Be With You. I Gotta Be Real With You~ Lyric A'Kyra Presley had a boring life at the age of 22. She was in nursing scho...
Blanks By Jen

Fanfiction

7.1K 946 19
Based off the one shot by the same title. Andy and Mel Barber have the perfect family life with Mel having her stepson Jacob and everything in their...
855 22 20
Candy Love 24 years old had had her fair share of relationships. She now understands why people say love hurts. Her ex and many other people in her l...