The Reply (JackSepticEye x De...

By tackytella

As an adult living with your grandparents life can be, difficult. Stressed for money, friend stopped talking... More

Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 1
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 2
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 4
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 5
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 6
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 7
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 8
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 9
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 10
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 11
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 12
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 13
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 14
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 15
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 16
Sequal

Untitled Part 3

4.7K 154 211
By tackytella

The next few days you couldn't wipe that stupid grin off your face, but reality hit you soon enough. Replies from Sean were more like a blessing than a help, because it's not like you could immediately trust him with everything you kept. Still, you wanted today to be special nonetheless. It was new years eve, a few days after Christmas, and a small part of you wanted something, anything to hold onto and remember from this year, even though you weren't quite sure what that was yet. The past few days of talking with Sean seemed like a dream. Having the chance to talk to someone you look up to is one thing, but for that person to be extremely caring is another. 

You sighed and sat down at your table that morning, eating your breakfast. You tried to recall good times from this year, but all you could seem to think about was Alice. You haven't put your mind on her too much, usually just watching Youtube and other things to forget about her, but you couldn't help it now. Your best memories came from her. 

Your thoughts were startled by your grandmother waking up. You gave her a smile as she sat down next to you.

"Mornin'." You said to her groggily.

"Good morning," She said back "do you have any plans today?" She asked.
"No.. why?" You asked her suspiciously.

"Well, your grandfather was going to have a few friends over tonight, so I was hoping to spend the day with you." She said. You started to grin widely. Maybe today wouldn't be amazingly spectacular, but you would take this over sitting own all day.

"Of course I will spend the day with you." You said, wrapping your arm around your grandmother. "What will we do?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe a bit of shopping for the new year, it's been a long while since I've had a shopping day like that." She said with a smile. You weren't one for shopping, but you had a feeling your grandmother could help you have a good time. 

"So when are we leaving?" You asked, noticing it was still earlier in the morning.
"Oh, whenever you are ready, I don't care. Your grandfather's friends are coming over around noon, but I'd prefer to leave before then." She said.

"Oh, okay. I can go get ready so we could leave now if you want. I don't have anything to do this morning anyways." You said as you headed towards your room to change your outfit. Once in there, you glanced out your window, there was a light breeze which carried a few falling snowflakes on their way down. The ground had a few inches of snow.

You dressed warm and cozy, wrapping a scarf around your neck and placing a hat on your head. Once you were dressed you left your room to meet your grandmother who was waiting by the door for you. She had a kind smile on her face, which lately seemed to be missing. You didn't give it much thought as the two of you headed out the door and towards the cars.

"Who's driving?" you asked.

"I think I will if you don't mind." Your grandmother offered. You were convinced she was scared of your driving ability, but you didn't care. You had almost gotten in wrecks multiple times.

"Nah, I don't mind" You replied while shrugging, climbing into your grandmother's car.

☽ ☆ ☾

"This, I need to buy.." You said, admiring a silver speckled scarf, you sighed as you held it out. You were starting to really regret going shopping. You didn't have any money to spare, and you weren't sure if your grandmother was taking that into consideration while she brought you to designer shops. 

"It is a pretty thing isn't it," Your grandmother said, coming around to the isle you were in. "How much is it?" 

"Thirty bucks.." You said wistfully, putting it back to it's shelf.

"Awh, why are you putting it away?" Your grandmother said, picking it back out again.

"Well, how am I supposed to pay for a house and college if I spend all my money on clothes?" You asked her, making an arm gesture to further your point.

"Who said you were the one paying for this?" She said, smiling so the wrinkles by her eyes came out, somehow it made her look more joyful. 

You stared at her wide eyed, your grandfather would never pay for anything like that for you. "A grown woman pays for her own things herself, she wouldn't rely on her grandparents for everything." He'd say. 

"I-I thought that.. well, you don't have to.." You sputtered out a response. Your grandmother let out another chuckle.

"I know I don't have to, but what if I want to?" She said, putting the scarf in her small shopping bag. You leaned over to hug her.

"Thanks for this." You whispered. You were more grateful than you could express.

"Well," Your grandmother said, pulling you away from your embrace. "Think of this as a late Christmas gift. From me to you." 

You smiled and walked up to the check out counter to pay for the new scarf, which seemed to be much warmer than the thin one you were wearing at that moment.

☽ ☆ ☾

After a few hours of spending your grandmothers money, which made you feel a twinge of guilt, you finally got tired of shopping. You ended up also buying some new earrings and a dress, but you weren't sure when you'd wear them. 

"So, what now?" You asked, burying you face in your new warm scarf. Your grandmother checked her watch.

"Well, it's about time for dinner, and I was thinking after we eat we could count down till the new year by the clock tower in town. Of course, you could go home if you want, it is starting to snow.." Your grandmother answered. You looked up into the sky, and sure enough, more little flurries of white were descending from the clouds. 

"I think your plan sounds great, grandma. I can't wait!" You said with a smile. Despite the snow, spending time with your grandmother could keep your mind off of Alice for a while. Maybe help you enjoy the night much more than you planned. "So, what's for dinner?"

"Your choice, but there is a new diner near the middle of town. It's most likely busy, but if you're willing to wait a bit then we could eat there. It has nice reviews." Your grandmother answered. You nodded and started to follow her back into her car.

After a short drive to the middle of town, you entered the new diner. Inside it was very modern and cool. 

"Wow, nice place," You said as you strolled into the building. "But the same can't be said for that line over there." You motioned your hand towards a long line and a crowded waiting section. You didn't even realize how hungry you were until you saw how many other people were too. 

"We don't have to eat here if you don't want, I bet other places will be a lot less crowded." Your grandmother said, maybe with a hint of disappointment in her tone. 

She's done so much for me.. and if she wan'ts so eat here I should wait. You thought quickly. "Well, if you want to eat here I don't mind waiting," You said, only slightly stretching the truth. You did not want to wait, but you wanted to show her your appreciation. 

You both walked up to the line, which was moving fast, thank God, and were placed in the waiting area, which was not moving fast. You tried to hum or talk whenever your stomach growled to drown out the noise so your grandmother wouldn't hear.

After a while of waiting, you two were finally almost to the front of the waiting list. You checked your phone clock, you had been sitting there for about an hour. Time flew a bit since you and your grandmother played a few games of hangman and tic-tac-toe though. 

"Oh, my phone's ringing, give me a few minutes.." Your grandmother said.

"Who is it?" You asked, hunching over trying to ease your stomach pain. You were starting to crave any food now.

"Grandpa." She said before covering her other ear to hear the phone clearly. You blocked out their conversation as you started playing around with your phone. No messages. You weren't sure if that was a good thing or not. 

"I'm really, um, sorry.." Your grandmother said after ending the call. "Your grandfather said his friends left early, and he wants people home so he can have dinner.." 

"O-oh," Is all you managed to choke out. "What about going to the clock tower and counting down till midnight?" You asked, feeling more disappointed than you thought you would. You always wondered why your grandfather wouldn't cook for himself.

"Well, maybe next year.." She said, you could tell she was not keen on the idea of coming home either, so to not make her feel any worse than she already did, you straightened up and nodded. Too bad you didn't take two cars, so you had to go home with her, unless you wanted to walk in the dark in freezing temperatures. 

"Yeah, definitely." You said as you sighed, you had waited for an hour for food you'd never get.
The two of you walked up to the desk and told the lady that you'd be eating elsewhere. You groaned as you walked to the car, but the pain in your stomach from hunger was much less now.
As you started driving away from the diner, you looked back at the town sadly, seeing the clock tower glowing in the distance.

☽ ☆ ☾

After arriving back to your "home", you went straight to your room, not even bothering to grab a snack. You felt bad for leaving your grandparents, but you also just wanted to be alone right then. You opened up your laptop and immediately messaged Sean. You knew he most likely had already celebrated the new year, considering in Ireland it was five hours ahead of where you were. Heck, he was probably asleep.

Message from (u/n)
Hey, not sure if your up. If you are though, that's great.My new years plans got ruined so I was hoping for someone to talk to.

You sat and waited a bit, and to your surprise, he replied.

Reply from JackSepticEye
Yep I'm up. Despite staying up late I couldn't sleep. Sorry to hear about that, and it'd be great to talk to you if that'd help!

You smiled to yourself. Leave it to Sean when all else fails.

Reply from (u/n)
Thanks so much! I was hoping to make this year memorable due to the lack of excitement so far.. any ideas?

You sat there for a few seconds awaiting his response.

Reply from JackSepticEye
Well I'm not 100% sure what your idea of memorable is, but I think it'd be cool if I could count down till the new year with you, even though mine already happened.

Your fingers danced on the keyboard as you typed a reply.

Reply from (u/n)
How?

Reply from JackSepticEye
Oh I dunno.. Skype call..?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 188 26
After his last breakup, Sean (Jack) didn't think he could be with anyone. One day Mark found a girl (you) on a dating website and showed her to Sean...
256K 3.7K 33
(No longer updating.)
1K 52 12
Callie was a fan of the oh so popular Jacksepticeye from the time he started to make videos. She went through the one of the hardest moments in her...
6.6K 325 59
At the age of 16, you moved away to Los Angles to escape a crush you knew you could never have, so you thought. Being a YouTuber, you got to host you...