Growing Up Solo

By MS2798

This is a story that takes place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. I DO NOT own anything of S... More

Chapter One *Revised*
Chapter Two *Revised*
Chapter Three *Revised*
Chapter Four *Revised*
Chapter Five *Revised*
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
IMPORTANT UPDATE
ANOTHER UPDATE!

Chapter Twenty-Four

362 20 4
By MS2798

Han and Leia:

Leia stood in the destroyed nursery, looking at the steaks on the crib, noticing the damage from a lightsaber. Leia was unable to sleep the rest of the night, causing much stress on her unborn daughter. No doubt all this stress was not a good thing for her baby girl, but Leia couldn't help but worry about her oldest child. She could feel Jaina getting restless in her stomach, as if she knew something was going on with her brother. Leia placed a hand on her growing stomach, trying to calm down her daughter, but to no avail. "Please, baby girl. Everything is going to be alright," Leia whispered, Jaina's kicks becoming more strong in Leia's lower abdomen.

Leia felt Han's presence even before he walked into the room, his bare feet making very little noise on the wood floor. She placed her hands on the rail of the crib, her left knee bent while her right leg stayed in a locked straight position. Leia laid her forehead against her forearms on the crib and took a deep breath, feeling Han's hands on her hips. "Can't sleep?" He asked her, placing a trail of small kisses from the back of her neck to just under her ear as Leia shook her head. "Yeah me either," he whispered, sighing a bit.

"I guess that makes three of us," Leia said in a low tone. "This one has been doing somersaults in my belly for the past hour," she mention as more pain flowed through her petite body. "I have a feeling she trying to tell me something is wrong. This is the most active she's been in the last week or so," Leia mentioned, turning her head to meet her husband's gaze over her shoulder.

Han looked at her and sighed a little, moving his hands from her hips to her stomach. "Let me see what I can do," he offered as Leia turned around, now leaning her back against the crib. Han crouched down, rubbing his hands together quickly, as if he was trying to heat up his palms. He placed them back on to Leia's stomach, earning a small smile from his wife.

This caused Jaina to go wild in Leia's stomach, causing a small grimace from her mother. "Han, easy," Leia whispered as she closed her eyes in pain, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Han pulled his hands back from her stomach, a discouraged look on his face. "Sorry, sweetheart," he said to her. "Let me try again?" He questioned as Leia slowly nodded her head. Han's sour face turned into a small smile as he placed his hands on her stomach again, feeling his daughter starting to calm down. "There we go," he said with a bigger smile, proud of what he was able to do.

Leia smiled as he stood up, his hands finding their way to her cheeks. "You're pretty good at that," Leia pointed out as he leaned in and kissed her forehead. The sun made its way through the trees outside, causing Leia to sigh a bit. "I should probably head out soon," she said, gently rubbing his forearms.

Han looked down at her, pulling her petite body into his. "Everything will be okay. I promise. Just take it easy on him," he whispered to her.

Leia looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders. "Would you rather go?" She offered, even though she knew he would turn it down.

"I think it's best if he talks to his mother. You know, since you both have the Force," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "And I'm not saying I believe in this Force thing, I just know what special bonds mothers and sons have," he added, placing a kiss to her cheek.

Leia stifled a small smile and walked back to their room, picking up her bag. "Thank you for packing this for me," she said to Han, adding a couple of toiletry  items to her bag before zipping it closed.

"Just trying to help out around here," Han said from down the hallway. He leaned in the doorframe and noticed the worried expression on his wife's face. "Come here, sweetheart," he said, Leia instantly waddling over to him. Han placed his hands on the small of her back, resting his chin on the top of her head. "If you need anything, do not hesitate to call."

Leia forced a smile and headed for the front door, Han carrying her bag. As he secured the bag down to her speeder, he gave her one last kiss to her forehead. Leia started up her speeder and adjusted her helmet, speeding off through the forest and to the Academy.

*few hours later*

Leia had yet to see what the Academy looked like when it was completed. She heard her brother talk about it for days on end, but seeing it in person was completely different. The large gates around the entrance, protected by a few of Luke's Padawans. Leia parked her speeder and unattached her bag, making her way up to the front gates.

Just as she was about to push through the doors, the padawans  stopped her, obviously not going to let a regular trespasser inside the training grounds.

Leia smiled down at the two boys, noticing their braids right behind their ears. She removed the hood from her head as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder. "Easy boys, I'm just here to see my brother," she explained, opening they would recognize her as Luke's sister.

One of the boys looked over at the other, then back at Leia. "Who's your brother?" He questioned, reaching for his lightsaber on his hip.

Leia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Your master," she said in a sarcastic tone, the boy's jaws almost dropping to the floor.

When the boy who had questioned Leia finally stopped staring, his guard went up. "How do I know you're not lying to us?" He asked, causing a small chuckle from the heavily pregnant princess.

Leia stood in front of the boy, slowly waving a hand in front of his face. "You will open these doors and let me in to see Master Luke," she stated with a firm tone.

After Leia had to repeat the phrase a second time, the boy turned sideways and looked at his companion, his eyes looking glossy. "I will open the doors and let you in to see Master Luke," he said as his friend watched in awe of the situation. The doors soon opened up and Leia smiled at the boys before walking beyond the walls. "Thank you," she said politely as the doors closed behind her.

Leia's boots made a "clack-tap" sound as she walked across the marble floor. She glanced up at the walls, noticing portraits of other Jedi Masters. Leia could name a few, relying on her memory from the lessons about the Jedi's past from her brother as apart of her training. Noticing the picture of Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Leia smiled and walked up to the picture. She had heard stories of him from Luke himself. He could talk about his old teacher for hours on end. When Leia saw Luke's portrait, she smiled even more, waddling her way over to it. She placed her hand on the frame, studying her brother's picture. He had grown so much in the months that they had been apart. His long hair was trimmed back, a bit of stubble surrounding his cheeks/mouth.

"Leia!"

The Princess was taken from her thoughts as she turned her head, only to see her brother. Luke walked up to her quickly, placing a hand on her forearm and guiding her down a hallway.

"What are you doing here? It's not safe for you to be here," he explained, a great amount of worry in his eyes.

Leia looked at the Jedi Master with confusion. "I came to see Ben. He came home last night, Luke," she said to him, her hand on his shoulder. "He destroyed Jaina's room with his lightsaber. I need to talk to him."

Luke took a deep breath and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger. "Leia, you don't understand. Ben has been gone for the last three days. Nobody has seen or heard from him and he has been skipping his training. I'm afraid he's falling to the Dark Side. He's transforming too fast and I can't help him. I've failed him, Leia."

"Stop it! You're a good person and an excellent trainer, Luke. I know you better than anyone else. This is not your fault," Leia said to him, trying to get him to come to his senses.

Luke looked up at his sister, deep in thought as she searched his face for clues. "Leia, he's here. I can feel him. You have to hide. You and Jaina are not safe here. Put a barrier around your presence," Luke said as he took his sister down the hallway and helped her into a storage closet, closing the door behind her as her protest continued.

"Luke! I need to see Ben!" Leia yelled as she pounded on the door, hoping that he would let her out, but it seemed Luke had already left the hallway. Leia did as she was told, using her Force ability to cover her presence,  waiting to be retrieved from the closet.
-
A.N.
Guys I can't thank you enough for all of the support of this book. I love waking up to comments and feedback. With that being said, this book is no where near what I planned for it to be. I have more ideas popping up every now and then, and I think I might rewrite this book. I feel that I missed out some important details along the way and I need to go back and start over. However, I will not start my rewrite until AFTER this is completed. So I am leaving this up to you, my readers:
Should I start posting on Fanfiction.net and will you guys read this book again once it is rewritten? Let me know what you think!
-
Don't be a silent reader!
Like, vote, comment and share!
-
May the Force be with you, always.
M.S.
🐠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562 16 7
"I never understood why I was born the way I was, I was taken to the Jedi temple to become a Jedi Padawan yet I was dealt with very little to work wi...
6.3K 367 18
The end of the war brought peace to the galaxy. With the defeat of Sidious, the Skywalker family could finally rest easy. The Jedi Order was being re...
69.7K 1.1K 17
This is a Star Wars story that takes place during the sequel trilogy (The Force Awakens - The Rise of Skywalker.) Like with my other story I will be...
7.7K 149 19
The Falcon is missing, Han returns home and runs into an 'friend', Leia learns jealousy. How the Rebellion got to Hoth and why Han never left. Set af...