Chapter Eleven

A red lightsaber with a cross at the base of it. That's what Leia saw in her dream. She just couldn't shake it from herself. What did it mean? A hooded and masked figure held the lightsaber in its hand, the weapon ignited and ready to kill. Who was this person? This person had to be a Sith, like her father. But it clearly wasn't her father, he didn't have a cross at the end of his lightsaber, like her brother had explained before. Behind the tall figure stood a group of followers, helmets covering their face as rain poured down on the group. It wasn't until the first figure sliced his lightsaber through a prisoner that wasn't apart of their group when Leia woke up.

Leia woke up in a cold sweat, her forehead wet from the intense nightmare. Who was this person and how did it connect to her? Leia looked around the room, seeing the lights had been turned off by someone. She saw the outline of Han laying on the windowsill, fast asleep.

That's when she heard Ben start to fuss. Not wanting Han to wake up, Leia got up out of her bed and slowly walked over to her son, picking him up in her arms. She looked around the room for a chair and walked over, sitting down with Ben carefully. She held him close to her chest as he started to calm down. Gently placing a kiss to his forehead, Leia smiled down at him. "You'll be a momma's boy won't you?" She asked, as if he would reply to her.

It was crazy to Leia to think that she was finally a mother. She wondered if her biological mother ever got the chance to feel the same way. Surely her adoptive father would never approve of Han. A smuggler with his princess would cause an outrage, but that didn't stop Leia falling in love with Han. There was something different about Han. Over the years, it seemed as if everyone worshiped the ground Leia walked on, but Han didn't. He just saw her as another person and not as a Princess. That's what Leia liked about him.

Looking down at Ben, Leia could tell he was starting to get upset again. Standing up from the chair, Leia held Ben against her chest, his chin on her shoulder. Gently swaying her body back and forth, Leia cooed into his ear, trying to calm him down. Placing her lips against his head, Leia gently patted the newborn's back. Hearing the sound of Ben laughing made Leia smile. 'At least I'm doing something right,' she thought to herself. She continued this rhythm, hearing Ben laugh even harder. She finally figured it out what was causing him to giggle when she felt Han's hands on her waist.

"Is Daddy making funny faces at you?" Leia asked in a baby like voice. She laid her head on her husband's shoulder, smiling to herself.

Han wrapped an arm around Leia, gently kissing her forehead. "Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't," he said with his signature smile. Leia laughed a little and continued to bounce their son in her arms. "I'm going to take that as a yes," she said as she stood on her toes and kissed his jawline.

Letting out another long yawn, Leia closed her eyes. "Alright, give him to me before you fall asleep," Han said, carefully taking Ben from her arms. Smiling gratefully up at him, Leia found a stool and stepped on to it, now eye level with Han. "Thank you," she said to him before kissing him gently against his lips. Stepping down from the stool, Leia walked back over to her bed and got under the blankets, instantly falling asleep, leaving her son in Han's arms.

Leia slowly woke up the following morning, taking a deep breath through her nose and out her mouth. Letting her muscles stretch, Leia sat up, looking around for her husband and son, seeing Ben fast asleep in his father's arms. She saw Han sitting on the couch in the delivery room, slowly starting to fade. Getting up from the bed, Leia walked over to him and gently pushed back the hair that fell on to his forehead. "Hey sleepyhead," she said as she softly kissed his temple, seeing Han smiling tiredly up at her. "Go get some sleep," Leia offered, taking the infant from his arms. She watched as Han got up from the couch, making his way over to her bed. As he walked by, Leia smacked his bottom, smiling to herself.

"Hands off the merchandise sweetheart," Han mumbled, half asleep as he crashed on to the hospital bed. Keeping the lights off, Leia was bouncing Ben in her arms when she heard a faint knock on her door. Walking over to it, she opened it, seeing her brother standing there with a smile. "Just the person I was looking to talk too," Leia said with a laugh as she opened the door and walked out of the room, closing the wooden frame behind her.

"Well, here I am," Luke explained, leaning against the wall. "What can I do for you?" He asked, offering his arms out for his nephew. Gently placing her son in her brother's arms, Leia let out a deep breath, folding her arms in front of her chest and leaned against the wall. "I don't really know what it means, so I'm hoping you could help me out," Leia started, "I had a dream last night. I'm not sure who the figure was, but it had a red lightsaber with a cross guard at the end of it," she explained, watching as Luke slowly nodded his head. "Have you had the dream before?" She questioned as he slowly started to shake his head.
"I can't say I have, but I can rule out that it was not our father. His lightsaber was just a normal red one," Luke told her as he looked down at Ben, "but you don't need to worry about it. Everything will be alright. You don't need anymore stress," Luke said with a genuine smile.

Slowly accepting the fact that the dream had nothing to do with her, Leia nodded her head. "Alright, I'll try and let it go," she said, letting out a deep breath. She watched as her brother studied his nephew. "He's going to make a great Jedi one day," Luke said, looking down at Leia. Slowly nodding her head, Leia smiled a bit. "Yeah, I'm sure he will. But not for ten years. Don't forget about that," Leia said with a laugh as Ben started to fuss and whine. Taking him back into her arms, she looked at Luke. "I'll see you later this afternoon," she said before opening the door back up. Luke gave her a small wave before heading back down the hallway of the medical bay.

Leia closed the door behind her, grabbing a cloth from the counter. She sat down in a rocking chair, covering Ben's body as she started to nurse him. Leia couldn't help but smile down at him as she heard Han snoring softly in the bed. 'My life is finally complete.'
-
Don't be a silent reader!
Like, vote, comment and share!
-
May the Force be with you, always
M.S.
🐠