Chapter Twelve

A.N.
Hello my fellow readers! I am so thrilled with the feedback I have been receiving! Keep those comments coming! I absolutely love reading them!
-
"Ben! Don't touch!" Leia said worriedly as she ran over to her son. "Hand it to Mommy," she added sternly as her son handed her the necklace he grabbed from the bedside table. Placing the necklace up higher where the toddler wouldn't be able to reach it.

The past three years had flown by for Leia. Han had left for multiple trips, coming back for a couple of months then leaving again. Ben started to talk, not full sentences, but he was getting there. He had learned how to walk with the help of his parents. She also had completed her Jedi training with Luke. At the end of her training, Leia was finally granted with her own lightsaber. A blue one, just like her father's before he was seduced to the dark side.

Leia was just finishing putting up the necklace when she heard the familiar SWOOSH of a lightsaber. Seeing the blue blade glow out of the corner of her eye, Leia saw Ben holding the handle of it. "Ben," she said in a whisper, kneeling down so he could see her. Leia watched as Ben turned around, a big grin on his face.

"Mama!" He said as he started to run towards her with the blade still ignited. Leia leaned back on her heels just in time as he swung the blade, part of her hair getting caught in its path. Leia looked down at her now uneven haircut, thanks to her son. Ben continued to run around the room with the saber, giddy and laughing uncontrollably. She watched as he started to run for a portrait of her and Han, putting her hand out in front of her. "Ben, no!" She yelled out as the toddler came to a halting stop. Using the Force, Leia watched as Ben looked over at her in fear. 'Wow, didn't think that would actually work.' Leia thought as she was able to turn off the lightsaber and release Ben of his frozen state. As she watched him drop the saber on the wooden floor, Leia sighed a little as he ran over to her.

"Mama," Ben said with tears in his eyes, confused by what just happened. Embracing her son, Leia wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chin as he cried softly into her shirt. "Shhh shhh," she whispered to him, swaddling her son into her chest. Leia looked down at him and pushed his curly floppy black hair out his eyes. "I'm sorry, Mama," he said through shaky breaths as Leia wiped his tears off of his cheeks. Leia gently kissed his forehead. "It's okay sweetie," she whispered to him sitting down with her legs crossed. She held Ben in her lap, his face still buried into her body.

"I miss Daddy," Ben said in a muffled tone. This broke Leia's heart into several pieces. It had been months since Han had been home with his family. She let out a deep breath and rubbed his arms gently. "So do I bud. So do I," she said, looking down at him. Leia could tell that this really upset her son. So Leia decided to bring back something that made him happy.

Using the Force while Ben wasn't looking, Leia slid the lightsaber over to them. As she turned it on, Ben picked his head up, the light from the blade covering his face. Leia smiled a little as he studied the saber. 'He's a curious little one' she thought as he tried to reach out for it. Taking one of his hands, Leia let him place his hand on the handle of the lightsaber, her hands laying over his. She watched as Ben looked at it in awe. "One day this will be yours," she said to him, gently kissing his cheek. Ben looked up at her with a wide smile on his face. Leia smiled at him, gently touching his nose with her index finger. Ben let out a small laugh, letting go of the lightsaber so he could touch her nose like she did.

Pulling the blade back in, Leia smiled at Ben as he busted into a fit of giggles. She placed the lightsaber down and stoop up, holding her son on her hip. "What's so funny?" She asked, laying him down on the bed as she started to tickle his sides. "Mama! No!" Ben yelled out through laughs. Leia couldn't help but laugh as she continued to tickle him. "Mama!" He cried out loud as he squirmed.

Finally letting him go, Leia sat down on the bed, Ben starting to catch his breath. She smiled at him as he stood up on the mattress, wrapping his arms around his mother's neck. Leia rubbed his back as he gently pushed her down on to the bed. "Ah! You got me!" She said with a smile, looking up at Ben as she laid her back on the bed. Leia proceeded to place the bottom of her feet on his stomach, using her legs to pick Ben up into air. She held on to his hands as he squealed in excitement and squeezed her hands tightly.

After a while, Leia sat back up, placing Ben on the bed carefully as she smiled at him. Leia let out a deep breath and let out a yawn, seeing Ben crawl over to her. "Tired Mama?" He asked as Leia nodded her head. "Yeah bud, I am. And isn't it past your bedtime?" She asked while raising an eyebrow. Ben looked at her with big eyes, batting his eyelashes and sticking out his lower lip. "Nope, it's not working tonight bud," she said as his charm turned into a pout in a second flat.

Leia picked Ben up on her hip and walked with him to his bedroom. She helped him change into his pajamas and brush his teeth. Sitting down on the edge of his bed, Leia tucked her son into bed. She kissed his forehead as he kissed her cheek. "Sleep tight my love," she whispered to him as she stood up, walking to the door and turning off his light. "I love you, Mama," Ben whispered. Leia turned around and smiled at him. "I love you too buddy," she said with a big smile as she closed the door behind him.

Getting ready for bed, Leia changed into a nightgown and took out her braids. Walking over to a window, Leia looked up at the stars. "Han, if you can hear me, come home soon," she said with a small sigh. Walking back to her bed, Leia Crawled under the covers and turned off her bedside lamp, letting out a deep breath. She fell asleep for a couple of hours before a door had creaked its way open.

A little pair of feet padded across the floor. Ben saw his mother fast asleep in her bed. Gently poking her face, Ben tried to wake her up. "Mama?" He asked as Leia stirred in her sleep. "Huh?" A sleepy Leia asked as she opened her eyes slowly, face to face with Ben. "Hey bud, everything alright?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" He asked, gripping on to the stuffed Wookiee that his Uncle Luke put together for him. 'We were so close to a full night of sleeping in our own beds,' Leia thought as she nodded her head. "Get on up here," she said as she helped her son on to her bed. He snuggled in under the covers as Leia adjusted the blankets. Holding on tightly to the stuffed animal, Ben looked up at her with a smile.

"I love you, Mama," Ben said as he closed his eyes. Leia smiled down at him and laid back down, pulling the blankets up. "I love you too," she whispered before both of them fell back asleep.
-
Don't be a silent reader!
Like, comment, cute and share!
-
May the Force be with you, always
M.S.
🐠