Unrequited

writersrefinery tarafından

Picks up from the end of "Collateral Damages" when Tuckson is confirmed. Elliot and Olivia meet by chance and... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 24

1.2K 34 9
writersrefinery tarafından

"Noah five more minutes honey and then it's time for bed," Olivia yells from the kitchen dropping the last dish into the dishwasher from dinner. Elliot shifts off the couch to sit closer to the little boy and help him put his last block in place. "We only have a little time left so we have to hurry buddy. Let's put this here," he says picking up a yellow square piece and placing it on top of the tower.

Yawning, he scrubs his hand down his face trying to brush off all signs of exhaustion.

The last few days had been somewhat of a whirlwind leaving him little time for a proper night's sleep. At the park, he, Noah and Olivia had a great time. There were uncomfortable moments where he made sure he wasn't overbearing and to give them their time alone together. They took turns pushing Noah on the swings and he stood on the sidelines and watched while she got on one of the jungle gyms with him. He spent the next two days at his house because he had Eli, Dick had come over to watch the football game with him and he also wanted to give her some space. It was a delicate dance they were doing, something he figured happened at the beginning of all relationships. He was careful not to crowd her and still handle his responsibilities but he had waited a long time to be with Olivia. It was hard to hold back sometimes. And now that Eli was back with Kathy he didn't want to spend his time in his apartment alone, shuffling through mindless TV with a beer and takeout. Instinctively he felt drawn back to her home and wanted to spend every moment he could with her and Noah.

"Got it, look!" Noah shouts, pointing to the tower he successfully built that stands a little taller than him.

"You did a great job. High five."

Noah high fives him with a giggle.

"Now what do you say we tear the tower down?", Elliot whispers riling him up.

"Yes!"

Together they send the mass of plastic tumbling to the floor. Any blocks that remain standing, his little hand swipes them over and Elliot joins in to spread them out. The bigger the mess, the more Noah giggles and Elliot can't help but laugh in return.

"Noah no!" Olivia fusses wiping her hand on the dishcloth and tossing it over her shoulder. "Now remember what we talked about. You make a mess you have to clean it up."

Her tone is gentle but firm and the toddler pokes out his bottom lip sneaking a glance over at Elliot as if he's looking for backup. Olivia's stare burns a hole in the side of his face. He knows the game all too well and quickly makes his position known. "Mommy's right, come on let's clean up our mess."

Olivia heads back to the kitchen and a piece of paper falls off the coffee table landing at Elliot's foot as he walks with Noah to pick up his toys. He glances at it and sees it's a work order from the building. "What's this?"

Curious, she leans over and glances at the paper before shrugging it off. "Oh it's my maintenance order to fix the sink. It was leaking a little bit."

He's still staring down at the paper when she turns to walk out the room with Noah in her arms. "Let me put him down. I'll be right back."

Letting out a deep breath, Elliot drops one more toy of Noah's into the toy box, a shy smile on his face. He had really grown fond of him in such a small amount of time and was grateful for quiet nights like tonight..

Exhausted, he settles himself on the left end of the sofa where the paper he was holding in his hand is staring back at him. It was a simple thing. She had her building super fix her leaky sink. But in the back of his mind it bothered him because she didn't think to ask him or bring it to his attention. Whenever she needed something she shouldn't have to rely on her building super or anyone else. He wanted to meet all of her needs.

Laying his head back, his eyes drift shut and he quickly rids himself of the thoughts. He is there. In her apartment. She was allowing him in, slowly but surely. Some battles just weren't worth fighting. He yawns, scratching his chest lightly through his blue shirt and kicks off his shoes. A few minutes later, he drifts off to sleep.

Soft flutters across his skin slowly pull him from slumber. The touch is sudden yet familiar, gliding across his body like honey. His muscles relax, lips softly curl up as he hears her soft gasp inches from his face. His body then registers the rest of her presence.

Olivia.

Long legs intertwine with his, the soft feel of her shirt grazing against him and the warmth of her proximity ignites the rest of his senses.

He sighs contently. Every night should be like this. Quiet, serene, the comfort of her touch giving him a peace he's chased for years and finally caught.

"I know you're awake." Her voice is low and husky causing goosebumps to break out over his body.

"Nope. I'm still sleeping," he jokes with his eyes still closed but the brightness of his demeanor is evident.

Olivia's hands roam from his arm down his abs to the button of his jeans. A low moan escapes Elliot's throat and he can feel himself harden more and more by the minute.

"I know because your body is giving you away," she whispers against his throat. Her lips softly graze his neck and his breath hitches. It's so familiar but yet brand new. Her touching him like this.

"How so?" his breath catches in his throat as her fingernails connect with his pubic hair on their way down to where he craves relief. Elliot can feel her lips curl up into a smile against his neck.

This is Olivia.

Bare. Exposed. In control and seducing him.

It's almost too much to fathom and his eyes screw shut trying to remain still while she explores him.

When her fingers graze his rock hard dick, he startles, the sensation overwhelming. "This right here," she chuckles low at his response. "This is what's giving you away." She's caressing the full length of him and he's hard as stone. Despite the calming mantra he's reciting in his head, every brush of her hand sends a tingle up his spine. The confidence is radiating off of her in waves punctuated by a low drawl in her throat. Apart from the firm kisses she's peppering along his neck and chest, the rest of her touch is gentle and delicate.

Against his leg, Olivia is writhing as she continues to stroke his length. Aroused, he begins to tug at the t-shirt she has on but she doesn't move her arms away to give him access.

"Ah-ah," she teases slapping his hand away. Elliot groans in protest. "I'm in charge." That does it. He almost comes in her hand just from that. The vibration of her voice, mixed with the maddening rhythm she was keeping up was almost too much. Before he knows what's going on, her warmth is gone. With one eye open, he peeks to see where she is and his heart nearly stops. All he sees is the top of her head, her brown hair fanned out as she's situating herself on her knees on the side of the sofa....in front of him.

Is she really about to...

She frees him from the confine of his pants and he still hasn't taken a breath since she left his side. His heart races from the lack of oxygen, muscles frozen in place as he tries to quell his desire. He didn't want her to think this was expected because of how he's pleasured her. Not knowing the extent of what she had gone through with Lewis and Harris played on his mind too. But damn did he want her lips on him. He'd had far too many fantasies about it and....Shit.

"Stop," he grabs her hands still firmly grasping his erection. She lifts her perfectly arched eyebrow in confusion. "I mean—you don't have to—"

Olivia doesn't say a word, eyeing him speculatively for what seems like minutes before her lips tip upwards. She takes his hand off hers and puts it in her hair instead. There is a flash of something in her eyes that he doesn't have enough time to register.

"Li—". Her name is lost in a sea of groans as she completely ignores him and begins to move her hot, wet mouth over him. She's relentless, taking what's hers. The combination of the feeling between his legs and the sight of her on her knees in front of him cause his body to start jerking. He's hurling towards an orgasm quicker than he thought and his pride is about to be slaughtered.

"Shit," he curses and tugs a little bit on her hair. But she doesn't stop. He didn't want to come like this. He wanted to push himself inside of her and feel her tight body spasm around him with his name falling repeatedly from her lips.

As if she was reading his mind, Olivia stands quickly taking off her shirt and pants. Even in a lust filled daze, he sees her eyes flit over to the door of Noah's room making sure there are no movements or sounds.

"We can go in the bedroom," he offers.

A seductive smile is all she offers him before reaching behind her to unclasp the light blue bra that matches her underwear.

"Nope. I want you right here," she says simply as the garment hits the floor making the smallest of sounds. "Sit up for me."

Intrigued by her take-charge attitude and mesmerized by her tall stature in front of him, he hesitates briefly before sitting up straight on the couch.

Olivia's hair is messy, a blush beginning to blanket her entire body, her nipples hard begging to be covered by his mouth. Dropping her panties to the floor and pulling his pants down to his ankles, she takes her place hovering over his erection. Not wasting any time, she begins to kiss and nip at his lips completely devouring him. Elliot grabs her waist trying to steady her but she grabs his hands placing them back at his side. He tries again and she stops him.

"Wha--?" he asks breathless between kisses.

"Don't touch Elliot," she whispers into his ear. "Not until I tell you too."

Well ok then...

He could do this. He could keep his hands off her.

Her hand encircles his rigid length and she slowly sinks down.

Elliot cries out and she quiets him with her mouth as she continues to move over him. Her hips move with graceful force threatening to send him into oblivion. No. No he can't do this.

He wants to dig his fingernails deep into her hips and push into her with brute force. The fact that she is so wet and he hadn't so much as touched her had his brain firing on all cylinders. His hands reach out to touch her again and despite her focus on riding him slow and calculated, she stops him again.

He groans in frustration. "Liv please." He's breathless and desperate to feel her, just any part of her smooth skin as she took him.

"No," she commands just as she tightens her muscles around him.

Elliot's head falls forward between her breasts as her rhythm increases. She's holding nothing back now and his hands fist at his side as he uses all the strength he has to keep his hands to himself and not come before she does. Her walls are so tight, almost trapping him inside and he knows she's close. But so is he.

"Come please," he's begging. No matter what situation they are in he's always going to want her pleasure. He wants to make sure that she is taken care of before he lets go. He's going to come so hard that he can't see straight.

"Liv," he manages, his voice almost muffled by the slick skin between her cleavage. Every stroke of her body emits a sound from deep in his throat. She's in total control while he's spiraling.

If he could just touch her. If he could just drive up into her and take her pebbled nipples into his mouth and suck with the full force of his desire for her, she would come. He knows she would.

Her rhythm falters and the spasms between her thighs are closer together as she struggles to speak. "Now."

Elliot's hands are on her hips instantly, almost lifting her off the couch with the force of his thrust. She buries her head in his neck, her teeth finding refuge on his skin but he doesn't feel the pain. Only the pleasure of her wet heat coating his throbbing erection. His mouth closes over her left breast as he continues to take her and she succumbs to it all, with him following right behind her.

Sated, he wraps his arms around her waist holding her close to him. She's still catching her breath and although it was some of the best sex of his life he can't help but feel that something is wrong. A few strands of hair stick to her sweaty forehead as he tries to wipe them away from her eyes so he can see what's wrong. Olivia buries her eyes away from him.

He tenses. "Liv?"

"Yeah."

"You ok?"

"Yeah," she mumbles breathlessly but still doesn't lift her head. His fingers slide across her slippery back and her muscles tense beneath his touch.

"Are you su—"

Her phone rings startling them both before she sinks into him letting out a frustrated sigh. "Not right now," she complains, reaching over to the coffee table for the offending gadget managing to keep their lower halves connected. He groans at the contact.

"Liv," he whispers trying to get her attention again to no avail.

"Benson," she answers, her arm wrapped around her breast attempting but failing to cover herself. "Okay.....I'll be right there...no no it's fine. I'm glad you called. Okay bye."

Elliot sighs in frustration knowing that any hope he had of finding out what's really wrong has now faded that she's back in Lieutenant Benson mode. "So you have to go?"

"Yeah there's a break in the Holland case that I asked them to call me about when something happened." She begins to frantically gather her clothes. "I need to call Lucy and have her come over."

Before he could answer she was walking past him into the bedroom. His first instinct is to follow her, make her explain what just happened and why she has a wall up suddenly but there is one thing about Olivia that will never change no matter what happens in her life and how much time goes by. She will not open up until she's ready. No matter how much he pushes her.

"Shit," she curses walking back into the living room zipping up her black slacks. "Lucy isn't answering. That's not like her." The phone rings in her hand as he buttons up his shirt.

"Shit."

"Don't worry." His voice strains and he looks down as her feet slide into her boots. "I'll stay with him."

"Benson," she answers before he can fully finish the sentence. "No I'm heading out right now I was waiting....ok I'm on my way."

Grabbing her jacket, she gives him a quick kiss and holds up her phone. "I'll keep trying her, it shouldn't be long. Thank you for doing this." Elliot watches the scene play out before him and within seconds she's gone. One minute she was on top of him, riding him, hurling them both towards an intense orgasm and the next she was off to work like nothing happened. If anyone was used to the perils of working as a cop and having to switch gears it was him but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something deeper going on.

Reaching for his T-shirt, he pads quietly to Noah's room as he pulls the garment over his head and verifies that the toddler is still asleep. After his confirmation, he walks to the kitchen to fix himself a glass of water when his text message notification goes off.

Lucy will be there in an hour if that's ok. She has to wrap up something for school. Thanks again for staying.

Frowning, he places the phone back down on the table draining the rest of the water from his glass.

The small clock that rests near her television reads 10:02pm and his eyelids begin to grow heavy. All he wants to do is take a shower and go to sleep but he figures he should stay awake until Lucy arrives. His fingertips restlessly tap together as his distorted thoughts about Olivia, the memory of their lovemaking, and Lucy's arrival all weave together. He decides to take another route instead. It makes no sense for Lucy to come over so late at night. She was young and maneuvering the city at this time of night when he was already there made no sense. Being the ever diligent mother she was, Olivia had Lucy's number on the fridge along with Noah's doctors, his play group, and of course the maintenance guy. Elliot huffs and dials the babysitter's number, careful to keep his voice down.

"Hey Lucy it's me Elliot. I'm at Olivia's. Don't worry about it I can stay with Noah tonight." Lucy gives a weak objection on the other end but he swears he can hear a bit of relief especially when she says she's studying for finals. "I promise it's no problem," he assures her. "I'll text Liv and let her know. Goodnight."

Elliot shuts off the phone, texts Olivia and toes quietly to the bathroom to shower and go to sleep. Surely she would be tired and stressed when she got home and he wants to be there waiting for her. Even if she's not up for talking, at least she didn't have to deal with the aftermath of the case alone.

{-------}

Maybe she was getting too old for this. Almost sixteen hours later, Olivia drags herself down the hall towards her apartment. Every muscle hurts, her eyelids heavy, she's hungry and exhausted. Over the years, she's gone much longer in interrogations, worked longer shifts but there was something about this case that was taking it out of her. It didn't help that she had just finished seducing Elliot right before she left for work. There wasn't a chance to take a nice long bath in hot water afterwards to ease her sore muscles....or for her to think. Instead she powered through, maneuvering around the interrogation room with the soreness between her legs as a constant reminder of what she had just done.

Elliot had text her several times while she was at work but she hadn't opened the messages, not wanting to deal with anymore distraction. Everything was fine between them but she couldn't help feeling overwhelmed. He was always a larger than life presence, a massive shadow in one way or another looming over everything in her life. She wants him there, Noah likes him and she feels fulfilled in a different way than before but she also feels out of control...vulnerable.

Her issues run deep. The time she clocks in with Lindstrom and stuck inside her own head is evidence of that and she doesn't want it to ruin her relationship. When she approached Elliot falling asleep on the sofa, her intention was just to lay with him and enjoy the quiet time together. But the second she touched him a feral need rose out of nowhere leaving her completely off balance. Mixed with all the feelings she's had since he came back into her life, it scared the shit out of her and she just needed a way to feel in control since her heart was free falling into the abyss of Elliot Stabler.

Exhausted, Olivia shakes the thoughts from her head and takes the keys out of her pocket brushing her hair off her forehead. As she opens the door, the smell of something cooking fills her nostrils and the person dominating her thoughts stands before her. "What are you doing here?"

She looks him up and down, noticing his change of clothes but already assessing that he hasn't left her house since last night. Elliot furrows his brow in confusion. "What do you mean? I told you I was here."

There's toys all over the floor and smoke coming from a pot on the stove. She shucks her jacket, gun and purse while slowly walking further into the living room. "Where's Lucy?"

"She never came. It was late so I told her don't worry about it."

He leans in to give her a kiss but she stops him, her hands planted firmly on his chest. "You did what?"

Elliot rubs his hands along her arms in a soothing gesture. "It was going to be late and I didn't have anything to do until later today so I told her don't worry about. Noah and I had a pretty good time."

Olivia takes a deep breath, her chest becoming tight. She feels....something but can't quite put her fingers on it. Anger, confusion, disbelief are at the top of the list. Trying to put the pieces together, she looks down at her phone. He had tried to text her but she ignored them figuring it was some racy texts or something she couldn't deal with at the moment.

"I started something simple for dinner. I figured you would be tired," Elliot walks to the kitchen motioning to the pot on the stove. Wordlessly, she follows behind him still not able to convey what she's feeling in an appropriate way.

"Liv, you ok? Wanna talk about it?"

The clueless look on his face tells her that he has no idea that she is pissed or that he's done anything wrong. It makes her angrier. "Yeah. Where is Noah?"

First things first. She hadn't seen her son in hours and wanted to just lay her eyes on him.

"He's asleep but he should be up soon. He's been down almost an hour," Elliot rattles off as if he's known the little boy and his schedule for a long time.

Olivia takes a deep breath trying to sound somewhat calm when she addresses him. It's been a long night and she doesn't feel like arguing. "Why would you call Lucy and cancel?"

Elliot frowns. "I told you because it was late."

"I knew it was late when I called her." She walks back into the kitchen away from Noah's door. "She is used to coming here late. That's our routine and it's part of the reason I hired her because she has such a flexible schedule."

"When I called her she was busy studying," he folds his arms in a defensive posture. "There was no need to drag her away from the library across town when I was right here. I didn't mind watching him."

"But I didn't ask you to," she yells putting her hand over her mouth trying to regain her composure. This isn't supposed to be happening. They are fine. Nothing's been wrong. She didn't need this shit right now.

"I just wanted to help. I'm here why not--"

"I didn't ask you for your help Elliot. I have a routine. You should've told me!"

"I tried! You didn't pick up the damn phone," he defends himself. "And what's up with that anyway? You didn't have a second to even respond back?"

Olivia's eyes widen and any chance of her holding back her anger disappear. "I didn't have time to send messages back and forth with you Elliot. I didn't see a reason to if you'd just had Lucy come over here like I planned. I didn't think you would make arrangements about MY child behind my back. It's not your place. And how did you get her number anyway?"

Elliot points to the fridge his jaw clenching and fingers flexing.

Jerking the fridge door open, she picks up a beer and angrily twists off the cap while walking into the living room. Distance from him is what she needs even if it's just in a different room.

"I'm sorry for trying to help you."

"Oh don't pull the self righteous shit on me Elliot. You can't just come in here and make all the rules."

"How am I doing that? By actually expecting you to include me and treat this like a real relationship?"

Olivia swallows the rest of the bitter brew in her mouth, her nostrils flaring. "How have I not treated this like a relationship?"

Elliot closes his eyes, his chest expanding with heavy measured breaths. "I just meant that..I just want you to see I'm here. You called Lucy and didn't even bother to ask me to stay and I'm standing right here," he says pointing to the ground to emphasize his point. She pauses, unsure what to say. "Or what about this?" he hands her a piece of paper she quickly discerns to be a maintenance ticket.

"It's from when I had the sink worked on. So what?" she tosses the paper back down on the table prepared to battle with him about his earlier comment instead.

"Why didn't you tell me that something was wrong with your sink? I could've fixed it."

"Oh my god Elliot are you serious?" she rolls her eyes. "You're really picking an argument with me about a damn work order. I've never seen you fix a damn thing. When did you become Mr. Handy? Not to mention I've always lived in apartments so I've always had maintenance men. Howard fixes things all the time."

"That's my point." He moves closer to her and she tries like hell to not be affected by his proximity. They are in the middle of arguing and the last thing she needs to notice is how his breath on hers and how the closeness of her body makes her feel. "We're together now. Why not let me help you?"

"Would you listen to yourself? So I have a man now so everything about my life is supposed to change? I've never been that type so if that's the kind of woman you are looking for then this is doomed. I do fine handling things on my own. I always have. Me and my son get along just fine and if I happen to need your help then I will ask you. Don't force it on me."

The flash of hurt on Elliot's features is quick but she sees it. It's quickly replaced by anger and it's obvious they are getting nowhere. HIs voice is low and measured when he speaks again. "Would you really?"

"What?"

"Would you really ask for my help if you needed it?"

Olivia scoffs prepared to say yes because it's the obvious answer but something stops her. The pause is his confirmation. She's done it all for herself for so long it never dawns on her to ask for help. When something was broken at her house she hired someone, she hired her babysitter, she had AAA if her car broke down. She wasn't used to relying on favors or anyone. Everything was in order and planned out especially since she's had Noah. Her work life was unpredictable but everything else she tried to have in order. She's always been in control.

"That's what I thought."

"Elliot," she says but he turns around gathering his clothes that she's not sure where they came from and his keys. "Would you wait a second? Don't turn this around on me. You were completely out of line for keeping my son and not telling me about it."

His lips curl up into a sad smile, his head shaking back and forth in agreement. "You're right. I'm sorry."

A pregnant silence extends between them and she doesn't know what to say or how to make him understand. It wasn't a slight against him, but she needed things to be the way they always were. She was comfortable now. She'd made a way without anyone's help and not having to rely on anyone and she just needed him to understand.

"I'm going to head out. I need to handle some stuff for work."

"El," she calls out to him but he's already at the door with the knob in his hand.

"Goodnight Liv."

And she watches in silence as he leaves, the door shutting softly behind him.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

40.9K 1.2K 31
The same mixed up love of Olivia and Elliot. They were suppose to get married but she's kidnapped. It's one hell of an adventure.
38.4K 606 15
A PTSD-stricken Olivia Benson returns to work after a month off of recovering from her captivity by William Lewis. Elliot returns to check on her aft...
3.6K 39 12
The one confession we've all been waiting for.... Elliot finally asks 'what happened whilst I've been gone?' Set after: 24x22
21.3K 667 19
Olivia is planning a wedding to Trevor Langan and Elliot's can't seem to get rid of some lingering feelings, will he stop the wedding? Or will he let...