Why Do You Like Me? - A Stydi...

By praisingstydia

After a school project forces them together, will Lydia and Stiles explore their feelings? Or will the they p... More

1 - A Strange Feeling
2 - Date Confusion
3 - Protector
4 - Denial
5 - What Is Wrong With You?
6 - Change
7 - Classes and Apologies
8 - The Stars and the Moon
9 - Did Anything Happen?
10 - Never Have I Ever
11 - Breakfast
13 - I'm Sorry
14 - You Promise?
15 - Is That What You Think?
Epilogue
8k??!!

12 - Popularity 101

2K 62 36
By praisingstydia

It's not easy being popular. Then again, it's not easy bot being popular either. So, this is what makes Lydia and Stiles so alike - they both deal with "popularity" issues.

Stiles, being the captain of the lacrosse team, was throwing a party tonight. He had a few ideas of who was going to be there, but he had a plan, too. His plan was simple, yet very complex in ways that made his brain hurt.

It went like this;
1) throw the party.
2) get Lydia to help set up said party.
3) dance with Lydia at said party
4) people see Lydia and Stiles together
5) Lydia is then popular.

He wanted to help Lydia boost her confidence - since she's had such an unexplainable effect on him lately - making him question all his previous morals.

This seemed like the only way he could get her to agree, but little did he know, she'd do pretty much anything for him. He'd spent hours stressing about what could go wrong: would she want to dance? Would she even go to the party? What would he say if she did agree? It was all very complicated for him.

You see, in his mind she was such a bright star that lit up his whole world, and he didn't know if the star would explode when he touched it. And that was what he was afraid of.

/\/\/\/\/\/\•/\/\/\/\/\/\

School for Lydia went by extremely fast. She only had two classes, seeing as she had the best grades in the whole of Beacon Hills. She often took this to her advantage and laid back watching her favourite films, or, even worse, thinking about Stiles.

It was around 4:00pm when she got the text. And it sent blood rushing to her head.

Hey Lyds, I'm throwing a party tonight and need your help setting up. Come over to mine in half an hour?
-Stiles.

Admittedly, she was shocked, but she couldn't wait to see him. She replied with a slight hint of flirtation, but she didn't even realise.

Stilinski, is this a way of getting me to your house so you can paint me like one of your French girls? Just kidding, I'll be over in 30. Xx
-Lyds.

And yes, Stiles loved the Titanic.

To go to Stiles' house, Lydia decided to wear her black skinny jeans with a plain, army-green sweater. It was a little oversized, but it made her look cute. She wore her glasses because she couldn't be bothered with contacts, and she grabbed her phone and keys and made her way out to her Blue Toyota.

The ride to his house was full of contemplation, she already regretted agreeing. Tons of things could go wrong, but she didn't mind.

When she arrived, she received a text from Stiles telling her to just walk straight in, so she did just that. His house was warm and smelled like cinnamon, and Lydia could stay there forever.

Stiles called out to her from his bedroom, so she walked up the stairs, her heart beating faster than ever. I'm really going into his room. Oh god. She thought.

Stiles was lounging on his bed watching television, with no shirt on.

And it just so happened that he was watching her favourite show, The Walking Dead.

At this point in their friendship, things were still a little awkward - given their previous experiences - but Lydia just couldn't help herself. She threw off her shoes and put her bag on the floor next to them and just jumped into Stiles' bed. She snuggled under the blanket and watched the television.

To say Stiles was shocked would be an understatement. His eyes grew wide and his body grew stiff as he could feel her arms against his bare torso under the blanket. But damn, Lydia looked so cute with her glasses and her eyes fixed on the television. He would gladly throw everything from his past away if it meant he could stare at this girl all day long. And no, not in the creepy way.

Stiles knew that the old him would have had her in his bed for other reasons, but right now, that didn't matter. He threw his arm around her and they relaxed into the covers. It just so happened that Lydia fell asleep in his arms, and, seeing as he was practically head over heels for this girl now, he fell asleep too. Not caring that there was only a few hours til the party.

|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|

Stiles and Lydia woke up around 6:30pm, there was only two hours until the party started. They had enough time to freshen up so everything was fine. While Lydia was fixing her hair and make up, Stiles was downstairs setting up a makeshift bar, with alcohol and tons of red cups.

When Lydia came walking down those stairs with that strawberry blonde hair of hers perfectly curled despite her little nap, Stiles was in awe. He had to stop himself from staring at her.

The two made small talk while they got everything ready, and at around eight, guests started filling the house.

Soon enough, music was blaring in the living room and the air was thick with alcohol and sweat. People were grinding and dancing, and Scott and Allison could be found making out in a nearby corner.

"Nice party." Lydia approached Stiles with a drink in her hand where he stood by the bar.

"Yeah. It would be better if you danced with me though." Stiles replied with a smirk. Taking a sip from his cup, he waited for Lydia's reply.

"Oh really? And why would I dance with you?" She raised an eyebrow at him and he chuckled lightly. "Maybe because I know that you like me. I like you too Lydia." Stiles put his cup on the bar and reached out for Lydia's hand. She laughed and rolled her eyes, but she accepted his offer. People already started to stare at the two and Stiles could feel eyes burning into his skin.

They danced to the music, getting lost in the beat. The alcohol wasn't enough to make them drunk, so they were both fully aware of how close their bodies were and how many people were staring. Boys from the lacrosse team hollered whilst Allison could be seen smiling at the two.

They got closer and closer until Lydia was practically grinding on Stiles. They were intoxicated by each other and they didn't even care.

"You'll regret this tomorrow, Lyds." Stiles whispered into her ear. She pulled him closer.

"You sure, Stilinski? Because right now? All I want is you." She replied and stared into his doe eyes. People were staring and whispering. Were they the new couple of beacon hills high? Were they having a fling? Their questions couldn't be answered.

The music got faster and louder, and in the last moment of Stiles contemplating what his next move should be, he kissed her.

His mouth met hers with such passion and she responded immediately, letting herself get lost in his touch. People cheered and took photos, some surprised and some jealous.

He begged for entrance and she let him, tongues clashing in this fire that was a kiss.

The two only pulled away when they needed air, and when they did, they only wanted more. They stared into each other's eyes with longing, and something deeper than lust.

"Wanna get out of here? Go somewhere quiet?" Lydia asked. "Sure. You can stay the night if you want." He meant it in the most innocent way, but as she lead him upstairs to his bedroom, she knew that she wanted more. She wanted this. They knew that people would think things, things that would be true.

The door was locked and mouths were clashed together. As they undressed each other and layer each other on the bed, not caring about what would happen in the morning, Stiles asked her one last question.

"Are you sure you want this?"

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life. But please don't leave me. Please." She begged in a whisper, and it made his heart clench.

"I promise." And with that, the night continued. The two met in bliss and then finally had a peaceful sleep. When Scott walked into his room to check if everything was alright but saw the discarded clothes and the sleeping pair cuddling in Stiles' bed, he knew that everything was fine. He sent people home and him and Allison tidied around a little before finally going to sleep in the guest room.

They didn't know what would happen in the morning, but it didn't matter. What mattered was now, and everyone wanted it to last.

|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|•~•|

So! This isn't my best but I tried. And we finally got some STYDIA action! I know it's a little fast but I had to get it out.

What did you guys think? Don't forget to vote!

And I know we're all a little upset about the news that Dylan has finished filming teen wolf (if you haven't heard this isn't confirmed but based on several comments by people close to him and several posts we have been lead to believe that it is true) but we need to continue to support him and his further endeavours.

Love,
-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Listen By Micole

Fanfiction

5.5K 173 21
"Why are you doing this for me?" Stiles asked looking at Lydia, "I don't get it." Lydia turned and looked at him, "Because I believe in you Stile...
81.3K 2K 35
Lydia Martin, she was just a local 22-year old strawberry blonde footloose. She thought she had her whole life planned until she met flannels, chocol...
31.9K 687 13
She lost her best friend and boyfriend in a matter of days. Her name is Lydia Martin. Lydia has always been good at hiding her pain. When her parents...
358K 10.7K 27
Lydia Martin has had the biggest crush on lacrosse captain, caramel eyed, Stiles Stilinski ever since the third grade. His jeep was badass and all th...