Madness.

By blxrrygays

"Who are you, really?" "Wouldn't you like to know." "Yeah, I would actually." This takes place on the Argo... More

Oh, that.
Please.
Wait, what?
La Lune.
The River
Give Me A Try
Freaks
Greek Tragedy
Friends?
Don't
Ignorance
Author's Note #Uño
Pep Talk.
Wellllll
Failure

The Habits Of My Heart

1.2K 52 35
By blxrrygays

Nico Di Angelo's POV

The son of Hades walked down the hallway of the Argo in a kind of dazed state. That had just been...weird.

The ghost king shook his head as he walked towards the daughter of Pluto's bedroom. The death boy knocked as he hardly had a chance to step back before his little sister opened the door hugging him. The prince of darkness was tugged into her room.

Hazel then proceeded to begin spouting apologies for the son of Hephaestus' behavior.

"I can't believe that Leo would say such a thing. I'm so sorry Nico. You shouldn't have had to heard those things. Don't worry. I'll make sure that he regrets it," Hazel spoke almost as if Nico were a child that had been beat up by a bully at school.

Nico shook his head at the golden eyed girl.

"You don't really have to apologize," Nico spoke as he tugged his signature aviator jacket closer to his body fiddling with the zipper of it. "Leo apologized," Nico said mindlessly scratching behind his ear.

Hazel raised her right eyebrow at her older brother.

"You sure? I can still tear one of his inventions apart," Hazel said.

"No, that's not necessary Haze. I promise. I'm fine," Nico mumbled.

Hazel carefully nodded at Nico's words.

"Okay, so are you going to be staying for the movie thing today? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't," Hazel spoke.

Nico looked down at the floor as he contemplated on it. It couldn't hurt right? He never stayed that much anyways. He felt a little guilty for not visiting Hazel more. Maybe this would help ease his guilt.

"Uh, yeah. I'll stay. Hades doesn't need me for anything just about yet," Nico spoke.

He got a squeal from the frizzy haired girl and placed his pale cool to the touch slender fingers in his ears to keep from losing his hearing. Dang. Hazel really had a high pitched squeal.

"Yay, okay so we need to get you changed. You can't stay like that. It's unhealthy," Hazel mumbled more to herself.

Nico didn't like the look in her eyes but he would have to deal with it.

"Jason. You can borrow some stuff from Jason," Hazel spoke. "Take a shower too."

Hazel clapped her hands as she shoved Nico out of her room.

"Go get some clothes from Jason and take a shower. I'll see you afterwards Nico," Hazel said with a smile as she closed the door to her bedroom leaving Nico out in the hallway.

Nico sighed lowly under his breath as the door was shut in front of him. He walked down the hallway finding the son of Jupiter's room. He knocked as the blonde superman opened the door.

"Hey, what's up Nico?" Jason spoke looking down at his friend.

"Uh, is it okay if I borrow some of your clothes? Hazel said I had to change," Nico said.

"You're staying then?" Jason questioned.

"Yeah," Nico mumbled.

"That's great," Jason said before going into his room.

When Jason came out of his bedroom he passed Nico a SPQR hoodie and some other clothing.

"That's okay right?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, that's fine. Thanks Grace," Nico said with a wave as he walked away from the taller boy.

He went into one of the bathrooms on the Argo as he made sure to lock the door. It wouldn't really hold back anyone who wanted to come in but hey it was at least a barrier that would give him a few seconds of warning.

He tilted the nozzle to where it would be cold water. Nico had become accustomed to the cold temperature that he always had. Besides it wouldn't really be fair if he used the seven's hot water when he wasn't even supposed to be here. Besides, the daughter of Aphrodite would murder him if she ran out of hot water.

Nico stripped down as he shrugged off his jacket. He pulled his dark colored shirt over his head by the collar. He leant down untying the laces of his combat boots. He removed his socks as well placing them inside of the shoes. He unfastened his belt with nimble fingers. He unbuttoned his skinny jeans as he worked the zipper tugging them down. He pulled them off along with his boxers.

He stepped into the water as he felt it trickle down his skin. Nico scrubbed his shaggy jet black hair as he found a few knots.

He washed himself clean before drying himself off as he pulled on the clothing that Jason had given him. Nico's hair was still a little wet so it resembled a mop on his head.

Nico rolled his almost fully pitch black eyes at his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing the purple hoodie with a SPQR logo written across it. It was a little big but the hoodie would work.

Nico made sure everything was just as it was when he entered the bathroom as he exited it. He went back to Hazel's room as he found it empty. He shrugged his shoulders as he placed his clothes in the corner of her room.

He twisted his fingers as he put his Stygian Iron sword into the shadows letting it be absorbed. It was something that he had learned. He could bring it out any time that he wanted to.

Nico walked down the hallway looking for his sister but ended up looking for the son of Hephaestus.

He went to knock on the fire starter's bedroom door but found it open. He looked in seeing the tan Latino repair boy working on something.

When the fire starter realized that he wasn't alone in the room anymore he looked up over at Nico. He did a small smile. Well, at least the best he could do with a screwdriver in his mouth. The overly hyper mechanic only had two hands after all.

"Uh, something about a movie or something?" Nico questioned awkwardly. He was still feeling a little weird from what had happened earlier between the two.

"Right," The elfish boy mumbled as he took the screwdriver out of his mouth putting it down onto his desk. "Give me a sec," He spoke. He rummaged through his drawers before looking over at Nico.

"Are those Jason's clothes?" Leo questioned.

Nico looked down before looking back up at the boy in front of him.

"Yeah, Jason let me borrow them," Nico spoke.

"Well, they don't work on you man," Leo said.

Nico was about to make up a comment when Leo continued through with his speaking.

"Black is more of your color. Not because you're gloomy or anything. It just suits you better. It's your 'type' I guess. Wait...where was I going with this again? Right, movie," Leo rambled before grabbing his laptop from his desk.

Nico just watched with confusion clear in his features. What the heck had any of that meant? Nico didn't know.

"C'mon," Leo spoke as he walked out of his bedroom making a vague gesture behind him signaling for Nico to follow him.

Nico trailed after like a puppy as he wasn't exactly sure where they were going. Leo was humming to some song that Nico couldn't distinguish.

"Dude, you're so slow. Hurry up," Leo said as he grabbed Nico's forearm tugging him along.

Nico ignored the warm feeling that came from that simple touch.

They eventually made it to a viewing room as Nico looked around. There was a screen on the wall. Not the same size as a movie theater would have but definitely bigger than a regular screen.

"You made this?" Nico questioned.

Leo nodded as he connected his laptop to a few cables. He typed in something as Nico watched in silence.

"It's...nice. I like it. You did a good job," Nico spoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 1.8K 13
I changed the story cover. Some of the words got cut off and I feel too lazy to fix it so it's staying like that Think of the worst childhood ever. G...
1.8K 69 13
(Sequel to Results May Vary) Nico just wanted to prove he could make good, responsible, choices when it came to his love life... if he wanted. Leo i...
696K 15.8K 162
Hello, readers! This will just be a book full of cute and fluffy moments between you and Leo Valdez! (Although some may be depressing) I hope you guy...
84.1K 2.3K 19
Nico is so moody and detached all the time, and Leo has seen enough of it. When Nico helps the mechanic after a couple of Hermes kids 'mess around' w...