Blue Knight of Heart

JharedS द्वारा

Liam thought nothing of his recurring dream, but when he saw the house from his dream and entered it, everyth... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter Four

114 2 2
JharedS द्वारा

            Everything became clear to Liam when he met the lady in blue, the heart of fate. He felt sorry for acting the way he did towards Warren. His lost memories had return, and Warren was right, it was better lost. He felt so heartbroken after remembering everything. If only he had know sooner how Ethan and Warren felt before, then he would be more obedient to them.

            When he opened his eyes, he was lying on a bed in an unfamiliar room. He could hear the heavy rain outside. He looked around and started to realize that he was in a room in Theola’s house. The door suddenly opened and Theola entered with a hot bowl of soup. She walked towards him and put the bowl down on the bedside table. “Are you feeling better now?” Theola asked.

            “I’m fine.” Liam said as he sat up. He noticed that he was wearing a different set of clothes than before.

            “You were both soaking wet when Warren brought you back. Ethan changed your clothes. What happened to you? When Warren found you, you were already unconscious.” Theola explained.

            “Are you ready?” The heart of fate asked Liam. After remembering everything, Liam was resolute. “Remember, when I give these to you, it might take up all your energy, it might fight with your body and the pain would even go through your soul, but you must be strong, these is a vital part of your quest, my knight.” In the hand of the heart of fate were two floating balls of light.

            “Cara, you don’t have to worry. I fought death and fate, I’m pretty sure I can handle this.” Liam said confidently. When they balls of light was absorbed by his eyes, great pain went straight to Liam’s body and soul. It was enough pain to make him loose his consciousness.

            “I was just tired, I guess…” Liam tried his best to sound as convincing as he could. “You said Warren found me, where is he?” Liam was worried.

            “He’s downstairs, resting. The rain was heavy, and the both of you were caught in it, so it’s better if you keep yourself warm.” Theola said as she handed the soup to Liam.

            “What about Ethan?”

            “He went back to the resort to get some change of clothes.”

            Liam took a sip of the soup. If only he got his memories back sooner, if only he understood his cousins sooner, then he would listen to them better. He finally understood why Ethan and Warren were so protective of him.

            Warren was right; most of those memories were better off forgotten. He couldn’t feel anything but pain from those memories.

            “Theola…” Liam looked at her seriously. “Thank you for everything…” He said seriously.

            Theola smiled at him. “Finish the soup and rest.” She left the room.

            “The heart of fate…” Liam repeated. “What’s your name?” he asked in a blank expression.

            “I just said that I am the heart of fate, and the first question you ask of me is my name. Aren’t you intrigued why such a presence is front of you at this moment, of what I really am, or what I mean by I am the heart of fate?”

            Liam stepped closer to the beautiful lady in blue in front of him. Her long black hair was flowing in the air, she was envelope by a warm blue light, but she looked really sad. “How could properly talk to anyone without knowing their name?” Liam replied.

            “It’s been long since I have been called by any name.” The lady in blue looked so distant. “I was given the name Cara.” She said then smiled wryly at Liam.

            “Cara. It suits you, if you really are the heart of fate, then the name Cara fits you perfectly.” Liam smiled at her.

            Cara laughed at him. “You are really unique, most of the people here in Cuore get scared just by the sight of me, but you even have the guts to ask my name. Aren’t you scared at all?”

            “Scared? Not at all. You said you are the heart of fate, and as the heart of fate I know that you are the one who gives people fates with love. And with love, the fate that you give them would ultimately bring them happiness. That’s why your name is Cara.” Cara stared at Liam with disbelief. She turned around.

            “You are too innocent for your own good.” She said. “But don’t worry, I won’t betray you.” She looked at Liam with a warm smile.

            “Cara, why are you giving me those visions?” Liam asked nicely.

            “So you could change them, so you could fulfill your promise to me, so you could free me.” Three chains appeared linking Cara’s chest to the ground. “You have to find the keys for these three chains, only by then could I be free. Those visions are important for you to succeed. No matter what, the visions should never come true. You must change them in order for you to fulfill your promise to me.”

            “Promise? When did I promise to free you? Have I met you before?” Liam was curious.

            Cara smiled at him. “As a gift for our reunion, I’ll return all of the memories you have lost.”

            “My cousins have been through a lot of pain because of me. They have protected me, love me, and sacrificed a lot for me. Now is my turn to show them how much I love them.” He told himself.

            He remembered the words of Cara, and the last vision he had. He stood up in realization that the vision could happen any time soon. He walked to the stairs, and when he was just a few steps away from the ground, he looked around the house.

            Theola was looking outside the window. She was sitting, near the window, at a coffee table. She was all alone. On top of the table was a vase with three white roses. She was drinking coffee and reading a book with a red leather cover. There was a fireplace at the far end of the room and yet Theola choose to sit by the window.

            Warren sat up. “You should lie down.” Theola said as she approached him.

            Liam felt bad, seeing Warren in that state. Warren looked really pale and sick. Liam knew that it was because Warren carried him all the way from that old house back to the Moore’s house in the middle of that rain. He should have called him to let him know he was fine.

            “Liam, is he fine?” Warren asked. Even in that state, all he could worry about was Liam.

            “He’s resting, so you should too.” Theola helped Warren lie down again. Their faces were close to each other. Liam understood how easy it was for Ethan to misunderstand the situation. It was then that the door opened. Ethan and Freya entered and the sight of Theola bent down, seemingly kissing Warren welcomed them.

            Liam thought of something quickly, he must change the situation somehow. In his vision, Theola and Ethan got on fight that ended badly, he must change it no matter what.

            “What do you think you are doing?” Ethan walked in in rage. “I didn’t think that you are this kind of woman.”

            “What are you talking about?” Theola replied.

            “You! I didn’t imagine you to be one who could take…”

            A loud noise interrupted their argument. It came from the stairs. When they all turned around Liam was on his butt on the ground. He made himself fall. “Awww….” Liam pouted and complained.

            “Liam!” Ethan ran towards him to help stood up. “Are you alright? What happened? Why are you already up?”

            “I’m alright. But aren’t you asking too many questions at once?” Ethan helped him sat on a smaller couch adjacent to Warren.

            “Have you taken his temperature?” Liam asked Theola.

            “Temperature?”

            “Yes. I saw you feeling his forehead with your hand as I walk down from the stairs. Is he fine?” Liam asked.

            “Is that right? You were just taking his temperature?” Ethan’s tone was mixed with embarrassment.

            “Yes, I was.” Theola answered in confusion. “What did you think I was doing?”

            “Nothing, really.” Ethan looked away. “And, why are you here?” Ethan asked Freya rudely.

            “Could you not be rude to my friend?” Theola said bitterly.

            “Friend, you and her? No wonder…” Ethan said. “Come on, I’ll help you go up.” He said to Liam.

            “I actually need to talk to Liam.” Freya said. 

            “Why? What do you want?” Ethan asked in such an antagonistic tone.

            “Ethan…” Liam said trying to calm his cousin down. “Why?” He asked nicely.

            Theola offered Freya a sit. “I want to thank you for saving the other day, I looked for you yesterday but I didn’t find you, so when I found out that you are here, I took the chance.” Freya looked at Warren. “Is he alright?”

            “It’s none of your business. Just say your thanks and go so Liam could rest.” Ethan said conceitedly.

            “Just let him hear it and let Freya speak. Why are you so antagonistic about it?” Theola complained to Ethan.

            “Actually, I want to ask something to Liam as well.” Freya said.

            “I’ll say this clearly right now.” Ethan pointed at Freya. “I don’t trust you.”

            “What? Why? What’s your problem with my friend?” Theola countered in an angry tone.

            “Her being your friend is one the problem!”

            “AHHH!!!!” Liam shouted in frustration. “Could you stop your lover’s quarrel? Warren is sick, let him rest.” Liam said to Ethan and Theola. Both looked at him and then at Warren apologetically. “So, what do you want to ask?” He asked at Freya.

            “It’s about the other night.” Freya said. Theola and Ethan looked at her. “Why did you save me? How did you know what was going to happen?” Freya asked very curiously.

            “Why do I need to have a reason to save anyone? Why do you ask me for a reason? Can’t I help anyone just because I feel like it? It’s like eating food, drinking water, or wearing clothes. If I didn’t do it then someone will suffer. Besides I wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing that I was there and did something. If something happened to you, someone will be sad.” Liam looked at Theola. “And that someone might get angry at someone else for not doing anything to save you.” He then looked at Ethan. “If that happened, those two someone might not connect their hearts at all.”

            “I’m not sure, I understand you.” Freya said confused.

            “Haaaa… Ahhhh… Don’t worry, in this room it’s not just you who don’t understand things even if it is about to bite you.” Liam looked at Ethan and Theola again before he stood up.

            “Where are you going?” Ethan asked worriedly.

            “I’m thirsty. Ethan, I think Warren needs to lie down more comfortably. He could sleep in my bed.” Liam looked worriedly at Warren.

            “I understand. I’ll bring him up.” Ethan said.

            Liam took something to drink. When he get back on the living room, Ethan was helping Warren upstairs while Theola and Freya talked on the coffee table by the window. “Are they staying here? In your house? All three of them?” Freya asked in enthusiasm.

            “Yes.” Theola answered tiredly. “What are you so excited about?”

            “You’re lucky. To be with those three. Theola, what do you think about Ethan?” Liam became curious.

            “Hey! Don’t tell me you like that arrogant prat?” Theola detest the idea.

            “I don’t care, he looks great. That’s all that matters to me.” Freya said.

            “You can’t be like that. He is not right for you. Didn’t you hear how he talked to you? He was mean, rude, and conceited.”

            “He could say whatever he wants with the looks he got.”

            Liam thought, Freya would make his quest more difficult. There was only one word to describe her presence at that moment. She was a… hindrance. Liam walked upstairs to be with Warren. He was also thinking on how he could remove Freya from the equation. He won’t let her stand between Theola and Ethan.

            “In order for me to be free, these chains should be removed from my heart.” Cara said holding the chains in her hands. “You need to get the three keys that would free me from these chains. You would go through three quests, only when you succeed will a key appear.” Cara floated closer to Liam, and then circled around him. “But it would not be that easy. Fate knows about our promise, and Fate would send someone to stop you from succeeding. Your first quest is… Ethan and Theola.” Cara said then floated away from Liam. They were face to face.

            “Ethan and Theola? What do they have to do with all this?”

            “You’ll know soon. They are fated for something… regretful… you must change that no matter what.”

            “What do you mean by that? What fate awaits them?” Liam was very worried.

            “I can’t say. You must find that out yourself But as I said someone sent by Fate would hinder you.”

            “It’s nothing to worry about.” Liam said confidently. “I would succeed.”

            “You don’t understand. Fate would send someone like me...” Cara warned. “…someone that could deliberately change fate as I could, someone who have an even stronger power than I do.”

            Liam only smiled at Cara. “You worry too much.” He said. “There’s no one stronger than you. I have on my side so I’m sure I would win.”

            “How can you be so sure about that? I am the weakest of the fragments of fate.” Cara looked sad.

            “What are you saying? You are the strongest. You are the heart. Even the mightiest would fall, without a strong and loving heart.”

            “Strong? Loving? Me? How could you say that?”

            “You saved me didn’t you? You gave me a second life.” Liam said with a smile.

            “I might have done that so that you could free me in return.”

            “No. I know you didn’t save me for that reason.” Liam smiled at Cara. Cara couldn’t help but smile back at him. “That’s why, you don’t have to worry. I… will free you.” 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

12 0 31
Quinn is now back at his home. With all of happy memories that he has acquired once again,Quinn embarks another journey as people in his world are on...
24 0 13
After an entire era, Finally the facade of peace begins to fade A odd child arrives in a simple village. Bringing with a door to worlds of kings and...
82 25 9
Emile just wanted an escape. He was tired of the constant bullying and the heartache he felt, and wished for an escape. And he got one. But at what c...
38 1 35
As a young child Krevik's mother would tell him stories. Stories of a Crest of Power and two brothers. Now as a young adult, Krevik has no memory of...