Purity [Abiding Royalty Book...

By CLynWrites

[Mature Content-read at your own risk] The Silver Family's history dives deep into the past, further than mos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Hierarchy [Excerpt]

Chapter 2

255 7 0
By CLynWrites

Chapter 2

"So, why are we being segregated again," Teresa asked bitterly, the tone in her voice seeping with complete disgust. She sighed, sitting back in the seat as she crossed her arms. She squished Logan and I into the truck door and Annalisa into us. At the age of fifteen, I could no longer stand sitting in the back seat with my older sisters. Since Angus's death two years ago, I couldn't bear being around people for too long.

"Don't call it that Tessie," Annalisa said, smacking our sister's bare arm. Teresa whimpered at the pain, but only for a second before she grabbed a clump of Annalisa's hair with anger. Annalisa screamed in agony. She surrendered at her older twin's assault.

"Stop it Tessie," Samantha shouted. Teresa immediately let go and sulked into the seat. I smiled with thanks, our eldest sister keeping some peace between her little siblings. I looked out the window, ignoring the awkward silence raining down upon us.

"The rest of your family will live in the town below us. We just think it's best that you guys get away from your superiors and into a home with people your age and younger. It will help you learn how to raise your own pack someday," our unnamed driver said. She tapped the wheel with her fingernails and stared at the road in front of her.

"Selena," my little brother, Logan, asked. He was only ten, but he looked and acted a year older. I placed my hand on top if his, trying to get him to relax. He looked at me with wide eyes, not ready to leave our parents behind. "Why do we have to be away from mom and dad?"

"Because mom and dad don't want us anymore," Teresa snorted. Samantha smacked the back of her head while Annalisa whined. Truthfully, no one had any idea, they just left. One moment they were getting of the plane, the next they had disappeared into the rental parking. Fortunately, a driver was ready for us.

"It's safer for young werewolves to be away from their parents and elder family. Just so they don't feel overpowered and helpless," the driver said, her eyes flicking from left to right, almost like she was afraid to hit someone. I looked around, seeing only trees and the road in front of us. "Young wolves can feel an urge to leave home if their parents are treating them badly and it can be destructive to the parents, the children and even the public."

"Excuse me," Samantha said, finally getting out what I was thinking. She looked back at us from shotgun, then looked back at the driver. "Who are you exactly?"

"Oh, sorry I didn't introduce myself before. I'm Vicky Sanders. Call me Vicky," she said, holding up two fingers in a peace sign. "I'm your most dedicated administrator of the pack house. There are two others, but I haven't seen them in a long time...or heard from them really. In fact, I don't know where they are."

"Are we going to a school," Samantha asked, confusion painted on her face. Her baby blue eyes looked back at us for another moment, worrisome paling her face. "I was supposed to graduate this year and I'd rather not miss my chance."

"No," she said, drumming her thumbs on the wheel nervously. "But you are being home schooled. You will be able to finish your studies as soon as we get your books in. I believe you'll like this place. It has almost everything."

"Except a big selection of guys," Teresa growled under her breath. This time I whacked the back of her head. My anger bubbled up inside as she kept retorting every comment. I looked away for a moment as Annalisa looked shocked.

"Stop being rude," I growled angrily. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I turned away, stunned by my own comment.

"Just to tell you, some of the boys your age will not be there," Vicky announced, ignoring Teresa's comment. Samantha looked at Teresa who groaned inwardly. "They're off on a hunt, training for any future hunting sprees."

"Unfortunate," I heard Teresa whisper under her breath. Samantha growled at her, a bark caught deep in her throat. No words came out, but it was a clear threat. Logan and I turned to the window, cowering away from her authority. The air tensed around them as the two highest ranking sisters silently challenged each other. Teresa caved in as always, knowing who the true alpha was.

Annalisa tucked her head in the crook of my neck and shoulder. She sighed, tired from our long car rides. The elevation increased too, and my head swirled as the air lightened. We all fell silent, trying to get used to the heaviness.

"You'll get used to the elevation after a few days," Vicky said, looking back at us through the mirror. I looked at her in the rear view mirror; the elevation change didn't seem to bother her, instead she just sighed and looked back at the road with complete ease.

"How long until we arrive" Teresa asked, yawning and stretching, "I kind of want to sleep."

"In another ten minutes," Vicky replied. Teresa sighed and laid her head back on the seat. Her blond hair flapped my face and a low growl rose in my throat. She looked at me, growling louder. Shock passed across her face, knowing something changed. She flicked the back of my hand and turned away. I looked at Logan and patted the top of his head. He was the youngest of the five of us. Teresa and Annalisa are twins, Teresa is older. I'm younger than Annalisa, making me low in the family rank. Then Samantha is the oldest, making her the alpha, and Logan the omega of all of us.

"We're here," Vicky said, turning down a long driveway. It swirled around trees, making everything beyond the trees invisible. Then a large clearing opened up, and a large cabin-looking house stood in front of us. It towered with nine floors, and it stood castle sized, and stretched on for yards. Over one hundred people could live there. For Montana, this place seemed pretty nice.

"Wow," Teresa said her eyes wide with surprise. She looked at Samantha, who sat there in awe. Little girls worked on the front lawn, planting flowers with a teenage girl. The teen looked up at us and waved. Vicky stopped the truck in front of a gigantic garage. It stood separated from the house, sitting across from it.

"You guys like it," Vicky asked. I just gawked at the house, awed by what could lie inside. She got out of the truck, and we curiously followed her to the door like puppies. The teen smiled at me as we walked inside, and I smiled politely back. She bowed her head slightly. We stopped again in the doorway, surprised by the inside of the house.

"Okay, you guys will have time to explore today. It'll be easier than giving you directions," Vicky said, walking into the nearby kitchen. I stopped in the beginning of the lounge, looking at the cheery wood furniture and the array of dark colored couches and chairs. A girl sat sideways on one couch, reading a book silently. She wore a light gray long-sleeve shirt, pulled up over her elbows and dark jean shorts. I heard a slam on the kitchen counter as Vicky grunted in pain.

"You okay," Annalisa asked, looking in her direction, the other girl did as well, but she didn't move.

"Yeah, I just dropped a cutting board on my foot," she replied. She picked up the wooden plank, setting it back on the counter, and then wobbled out of sight. Teresa snickered quietly, winning a grumble out of me.

"Hello," the girl on the couch said after Vicky arranged herself. She closed her finger in the book, but didn't get up. Instead, she moved her sleek curly brown hair away from her face and observed us one by one. "I'm Amity."

"Selena," I replied. Amity looked into my eyes, and then bowed her head back in her book, almost afraid to look at me. I heard a thump and saw a flash of red only inches away from my face after my sisters moved further into the house. I screeched and jumped in fright, and the girl laughed. Her hair shone crimson red and green eyes gleamed at me. She flashed a white toothy smile.

"I'm Mary Lane," she said, still laughing from my shriek. She rubbed Lucas's head before slumping down on the couch next to Amity. "If you truly want to know, this place is a Lycanthrope paradise. We have everything, and the best part is the forest." I nodded a greeting, still shaken from the encounter.

"Vicky, can I go out for a run," I asked, tiredness washing over me. I wanted to feel the fresh air brush against my fur. I wanted to feel the new, cool air for the first time. To see this paradise she spoke of.

"Yeah, I'll get Amity to bring your stuff up to the room," Vicky replied, walking back into view. Amity gave a look in her general direction with a scoff. I looked around my eye catching on a screen door to my left. After crossing the room I slid the door open, and stepped into my shift. I ran for the woods, leaving everything behind. I pumped my legs effortlessly, just running leisurely with the wind brushing my cheeks. I breathed in the damp forest air, taking in the musky, wet and cool smell. I remembered the woods at home, dry and tropical, a desert compared to this lush place.

I let my thoughts run a course for a moment. My family was about to change. It was going to grow much bigger, and I would shrink lower on the list.

I was going to be the girl to bully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 15
In the early modern age, a strong female werewolf is born, but she is denied her rightful place on the throne due to her conception by an Omega, lead...
269K 10.7K 28
{Formerly A Warrior's Rejection} In a world of predominantly male leaders, the Ivy Eclipse pack is home to a rare case, Aris Titania Desdemona, Gamma...
3.1K 57 6
Reese was born an abomination. A Freak. Or so she'd always been told by the pack of seaside wolves she'd been born into, including the pack's leader...
121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...