Reminiscent (Harry Styles)

By liliampayne

What happens when you meet someone that acts as the lighter fluid to your flame? Do you welcome it or avoid i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
NOTICE UPDATED** 1/24/14

Chapter 10

91 5 0
By liliampayne

"Good morning" Tyler says as he kisses me on the forehead. "What happened to your neck?" He asks as he furrows his brows, holding my neck out.

"What?" I groan in confusion as I touch it, it didn't hurt.

I get up from my bed and look in the mirror, I had small purple marks all over.

"Where's that from?" Tyler snaps.

I shrug my shoulders as I slowly touched them, I had no idea.

"I don't know Ty" I say quietly as I touched them, "maybe it's an allergic reaction to the pizza? Or maybe it's I don't know.." I sigh.

Maybe it's from Harry's lips sucking on my skin. It was a love bite.

"I didn't see it last night" he mutters, "maybe something bit you when we were sleeping" he says.

Yeah, maybe Harry Styles.

We remove my sheets and I wash them, Tyler was paranoid and researched if there were bed bugs in my room. I highly doubted it and laughed at him.

I get ready and then go downstairs, watching TV. I should probably do homework but I didn't feel like it, I'll procrastinate until Sunday. I look at my phone and it was already 12pm, my parents were going to be home soon and I felt ecstatic.

Tyler joins me downstairs and sits beside me, placing his arm over my shoulder.

"What're you thinking about?" He asks.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really thinking about anything but now that he asked I feel like I have to lie and make something up.

"Homecoming" I say quietly, "it's on Friday and I don't know what to wear."

"Wear the little black dress you wore to that dinner with your friends" he says, "it was nice."

I roll my eyes and scoff, he was judging me for wearing that dress now he wants me to wear it? I don't get him.

"Will you go to your homecoming with me?" He asks as he slowly takes out a small box from his pocket.

"What is that?" I ask as he slowly opens it, it was a promise ring.

I gasp as he slowly puts it on my finger.

"I love you Lily.." He says quietly as he held my hand, "I want to be with you, and I just thought this would show it best" he smiles.

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him on the cheek, squealing in excitement. It was beautiful, it was silver with a small diamond.

"I love you too Ty" I smile.

I hear the front door open and spot my mom and dad walking inside with their luggage, I squeal in excitement again and run over to hug them.

"Good god Lilian" my dad groans after i hug him, "hello Tyler" he says glumy.

My dad didn't like Tyler, but I decided not to say anything. I was too excited that they were home.

"Hello Mr. Rosewell" Tyler coughs as he helps them bring up their luggage.

"Hi Ty, didn't expect to see you here" my mom smiles as she kisses him on the cheek, "nice to see you."

"Nice to see you too Delilah" he says as he and my dad go upstairs with the luggage.

My mom and I walk inside the kitchen, she stares at the fridge and pours herself a cup of juice.

"You look awfully happy" my mom says as she sips from her cup, I smile and nod my head and show her the ring on my finger, "oh my god Lilian is that a promise ring?" She asks.

I nod my head and she squeals with excitement.

She loved Tyler as much as I did, I just wish that my brothers and dad did too.

...

"I have to leave" Tyler groans as he packs up some of his things, "it's Sunday and it's almost 10pm" he sighs.

"No" I plead, "just leave early tomorrow" I smile as he sits back on my bed.

"You know I can't do that, I won't wake up and make it on time, there's traffic in the tunnel everyday."

I pout my lips and he quickly pecks a kiss.

"So we're going to homecoming together right?" Tyler asks as he puts on his backpack, I nod my head. "I'll be here early on Friday then" he grins as he kisses me.

"Okay" I smile as I walk him downstairs, waving as he drove off in his truck.

I missed these nice moments with Tyler, it was refreshing, we did just have a rough patch and I'm glad that it's finally over.

...

"Good morning Lilian" my mom says as I join her in the kitchen, she was making another one of her green smoothies.

"Morning" I smile as I sit in front of the counter and eat a banana.

"Are you excited to go to homecoming?" She asks, "have you gone dress shopping at all?"

I shrug my shoulders and shake my head.

"I was going to wear the one nan gave me-"

"No you can't wear that to homecoming!" She snaps, "we'll go Wednesday after school, I'm free then" she smiles, "what color were you two planning on wearing?"

"Mom it's just homecoming.." I say quietly, "but maybe... Black."

"No no no absolutely not" she scolds as she blends up the spinach and spirulina, "how about... pink?"

I groan in frustation, I hated wearing pink and I definitely wasn't going to wear that color to homecoming.

"I refuse to wear any dress that isn't black mom."

"You're not going to a funeral you're going to homecoming!" She exclaims.

After a few minutes bickering back and forth she finally gives in, it was my dress I don't see why it'd bother her so much.

I wave goodbye as I get into my car and drive back to school, just a few days and then it's homecoming and shortly after.. Winter Ball. I still hadn't thought about it, it didn't really cross my mind.

It's in two months, that's enough time to think about it. I didn't say yes or no so it should be fine I suppose... I hope.

....

Wednesday

"I can't believe he got you a promise ring" Danielle says as we leave school, "it's so cute though" she smiles.

"Thank you" I smile, "have you guys already gone dress shopping?" I ask as we walk towards the schools parking lot.

"Yeah I found my dress" Perrie says, "you?"

Danielle shakes her head, she hasn't found anything either.

"Not yet, I'm going with my mom today. What color are you guys wearing?"

Perrie is wearing a cream color and Danielle hasn't decided yet. I invite them to go shopping with us and we get inside Perrie's car, my mom was supposed to pick me up but I tell her to wait until I get home so we can go altogether.

When we get to my house we put our things away in my room and I change into sweats, I hated wearing jeans. We walk downstairs and get into my mom's car, driving to the small boutiques.

...

"What about this one?" My mom asks as she holds up a pink, tight cocktail dress.

I stare at my friends and they were both equally frightened by the hideous dress. I shake my head and my mom pouts as she puts it back onto the rack.

We walk to another small store and I pick up a black dress, it was long but it was a deep v neck cut, it'd be a little revealing but I liked it.

"What about this one mom?" I ask, she walks over to me and holds it, staring at it. "Do you think it's nice?" I ask.

We'd been shopping for what felt like hours, Danielle found her dress already and Perrie was debating on getting a new one.

"This one is cute" she smiles as she holds it up against me, "we'd probably have to get it tailored because it'd be a little long.." she says as she purses her lips, "go try it on."

I walk over to the fitting room and put on the dress, my hips were a little wide but it looked nice. My cleavage wasn't hanging out and I wasn't quite sure what bra to wear with this because it'd show.

I hesitantly open the door and Perrie, Danielle and my mom were sitting on the couch patiently waiting for me to come out. When I walk out my mom squeals in excitement and claps her hands together.

"We'll take this one!" She exclaims as she gets up to pay.

"You guys like it?" I ask as I stare in the mirror, it had a large bow in the back but it was nice.

"Do a twirl!" Perrie says, I oblige and they both smile and agree that it's nice.

"Yay finally" I groan, "we've been shopping for hours, I'm glad we're done now!" I sigh as I stared at myself in front of the mirror.

The door opens and I spot Zayn walking in with Liam, I wave and they walk over to join us. I didn't know they were coming.

"Dress shopping?" Zayn asks.

"Obviously" a voice says from behind, it was Harry.

His eyes meet mine and he bites his lips, I felt nervous and my stomach was starting to flutter.

"You look good in that dress" Harry grins as he walks towards me, he walks behind me and traces his hands around my sides then fixes the bow in the back.

"I'd rip this off of you" he whispers into my ear.

My cheeks turn hot as I shrug my shoulders, his cold hands held my hair up as he looked at me in the mirror.

"You should do your hair up.." he says as he tries to fix my hair up nicely, I laugh at his poor attempt.

"Maybe" I smile. "What're you guys doing here?" I ask.

Everyone didn't notice Harry interracting with me, which I'm glad for since his hand just spanked my bum.

"Dinner" Liam says, "but we're late and you guys aren't even ready yet" he laughs.

Danielle scolds him and he kisses her on the cheek.

My mom joins us back and she looks at us in confusion.

"Hello.." She says as she stares at all the tattooed and pierced guys in the girly boutique.

"Hello" Harry smiles as he walks over to her, holding his hand out, she shakes his hand and smiles back.

"You must be Lily's mum" he muses, "I'm Harry."

"Well hello Harry" she grins as she gawks at me, "I'm Delilah."

"Oh, how delightful it is to meet you" he grins.

I roll my eyes and go back inside the fitting room and change back into my sweats, the dress was comfortable. Especially since it was long I didn't have to worry about it riding up.

When I get back outside my mom was talking to Perrie and Dani's boyfriends, she was extremely interested in them and it was odd. But then again, it was my mom and she was a teenage girl at heart.

"So Lily, Harry tells me you're having dinner with them?" She says.

I stare at him with confusion and he nods his head, I haven't seen him in a while and I wasn't going to lie I did miss him. But I shouldn't.

I clear out my throat and slowly nod my head, my mom smiles as she gets up from the seat, walking over to me.

"I'll see you at home missy! Have fun!" She smiles, "bring her back before 10!" She says as she waves and walks out the store with the dress, "I'll bring this to get tailored now!"

"Thank you mom!" I smile, I was definitely under-dressed for dinner but I didn't really mind.

We walk out the store and get into Harry's car. I didn't really have a clue where we were going, I sat in the front with him while the couples sat in the back.

Harry looks over at me and bites his lip, his eyes looking me up and down. I felt uncomfortable because I wasn't wearing make up and I was dressed for bed.

Everyone was busy talking to each other no one was paying attention to Harry's hand rubbing my knee's and thigh.

"How are you love?" He asks as he makes a turn onto the freeway, "it's been a while" he grins.

My heart warmed again when he called me love, I hated it but then again I loved it. I hope by been a while as in he's seen me because I don't know what over pretext he'd be using it in.

"I'm good Harry" I smile, "how are you?" I ask as he tapped his fingers on my knee.

"Could be better, if you know what I mean" he smirks as he looks at my neck, "I see they're still there."

The tiny purple marks were starting to fade, they weren't really noticeable unless you paid close attention.

"Yeah thanks for that Harry" I reply flatly, "Tyler-"

"Blah blah blah" he interrupts, he parks in a spot and turns off the engine. "Let's eat" he grins as he looks at my neck, licking his lips.

"You won't bite unless I want you to remember?" I whisper when his mouth gets close to my neck.

He laughs under his breath and nods, we all get out the car and enter the restaurant. We sit in a small booth and of course I get stuck sitting next to Harry, his hands rubbing the insides of my thigh.

"Harry" I whisper when he gets closer to my hips.

"What?" He says, "it's not like I'm going to fuck you in a bathroom" he whispers, "unless-"

"Shut up I have a boyfriend" I reply flatly as I stared at the menu.

"What's this?" He asks as he holds my hand and stares at the ring, "the fuck is that?"

"A promise ring..." I gulp.

He quickly drops my hand and returns his attention to the menu, muttering under his breath.

The rest of the night he ignores me, barely interracting with me at all. I shouldn't be upset that he was, but for some reason I am and I hated it.

...

We drop off Perrie and Zayn then head towards my house. It was just us two in his car, in utter silence.

I cleared my throat as I check my phone, Tyler texted me saying he missed me and was going to head to bed early. I reply and say goodnight, also that I found my dress and he should wear black.

Harry slows down his car and parks in the middle of no where, in an odd location surrounded by trees.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as I look around frantically, was he going to kill me? I swear if he was I would haunt him for the rest of his life.

He turns off the engine and everything turns black, he switches on the light inside and stares at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Can we go to my house now?" I whine when he doesn't respond to my numerous amount of questions.

"Can you at least say something?" I scoff, he was quiet and ignored me all throughout dinner and now he's doing it again.

"You're pissing me off!" I snap after he doesn't say anything for another half hour, "Harry can we go now?" I sigh.

I check my phone again and we've been sitting here for an hour doing absolutely nothing.

"Come sit in the back with me" he says as he gets out the car and hops in his back seat.

"What?" I stammer, "no, for what?"

"Get in the back with me" he snaps when he sits in the back.

I roll my eyes and turn my back to him, checking my phone again, it was going to be 10 in an hour and if I'm not home my dad will probably ground me.

"Harry I have to be home by-"

"Well if you'd hurry up and come sit in the back with me you'd be home on time" he snaps.

I turn to look at him and flip him off, I don't see why he'd wanna talk to me there. I go through my phone and he groans in frustration when he calls me repeatedly and I don't respond, now he wants to talk.

"Love will you please join me in the back?" He asks politely. "C'mon I'm asking nicely, if I ask again it won't be nice.." he threatens.

I turn to look at him and mouth no.

"Okay then" he says quietly.

He clears his throat and pulls me out from the passengers seat and the beside him.

"Harry!" I yell, "what is- you're crazy! Why'd you- why couldn't we just talk in the front?" I snap.

He laughs as he stares out the window, turning off the car light inside, making it pitch black.

"Turn the light back on Harry, I don't like the dark" I mutter, he laughs louder and turns it back on.

I felt nervous, we were sitting in a dark forest area for about an hour and he hasn't said anything.

"So.... Why em.. Why are we here?" I ask quietly, his eyes still looking at me.

I was wearing my old high school's PE shirt and sweatpants with holes in them, I definitely wore the wrong outfits all the time.

Harry purses his lips, playing with his lip piercing as he stared out into the dark.

"Harry..." I repeat myself, trying to get his attention.

Was he waiting for something or someone?

"He doesn't deserve you" Harry finally says, his head quickly turning to look at me.

(Please vote if you liked this chapter! I just like to see whose reading and likes it or not x)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

869 34 29
imagine having to move schools more then once a year, what does it feel like? do you make friends? is it nearly time to move again? Emily knows the p...
Candles By e

Fanfiction

275K 12.7K 61
[C O M P L E T E D ✓] They were curious. They both had their own share of secrets. He was a man living in the present. She was a woman living in...
151 0 19
A sequel to "Mystery?" This book takes place a year after the break up. They are both in different relationships. Mariana is dating her co...
6.4K 154 9
Ember and Harry have been friends for a while. What's a drunken make out or two? The feelings have been brewing, the touches have increased, but will...