The Reply (JackSepticEye x De...

By tackytella

As an adult living with your grandparents life can be, difficult. Stressed for money, friend stopped talking... More

Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 1
Untitled Part 3
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 4
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 5
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 6
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 7
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 8
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 9
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 10
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 11
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 12
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 13
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 14
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 15
Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 16
Sequal

Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 2

4.9K 149 290
By tackytella

You tried to calm yourself down as you clicked on your notification. Why couldn't you calm yourself down? You took a deep breath and tried to contain yourself. You clicked on your notification box, and you felt that familiar feeling of wanting to punch something. The notification was just an advertisement for a Google update. You glared at your screen, extremely frustrated, you got all riled up for some crap update you didn't really need. Why were you so excited anyways? Even if he did respond, it's not like you would end up being his friend or anything. Idiot. You mentally scolded yourself. You looked up from your screen. Damn, you really needed a hobby. 

You closed your computer and laid in bed, frustrated. You were feeling extremely bored all of the sudden, and it was freezing outside. Maybe you could go out and enjoy yourself for a bit, you did have a car. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was a car. You were about to get out of bed when you heard the sound of another notification. 

No You told yourself. It's gonna be another distraction. I need to go enjoy myself. And at that, you got your coat and boots on. Feeling nice and warm, you started to go out the door.

"I'm gonna go and get coffee for a bit, I won't belong!" You yelled, you heard your grandfather grunt. You took that as him understanding, and left.

☽ ☆ ☾

You rested your head on your hand as you waited for your steaming coffee to cool down. You felt exhausted and confused. You wished you were a bit more grateful for your gift. You took the locket out of your pocket and sighed. Why on earth would your dad want this? You knew that if you started dating it would lead to disappointment. And that there was something no one needed. 

Forgetting to let your coffee cool a bit more, you took a large sip. 

"Huuughh!" You hissed loudly, covering your mouth. Yes, you were a nineteen year old who sipped hot coffee. Nothing special, so you wished everyone else would stop staring at you like that. You tried to feel your pocket for your phone, but realized it wasn't there. Your heart felt like it stopped beating for a second. Crap, you must have left it at home. You sighed. Screw it, I'll be fine without a phone for an hour. you told yourself. 

Making sure your coffee was cool enough to drink, you took a cautious sip. It was a delicious blend of seasonal mint and bitter coffee. You were surprised they were open for Christmas, but you were glad they were. 

After the coffee was gone, you stretched in your seat. It hadn't seemed to wake you up too much, but it was better than before. You yawned and left the building and climbed into your car and started driving. 

You felt your eyes closing. Crap! This isn't safe! You told yourself as you skidded to a stop, almost driving through a red light. You took a deep breath and started driving again once the light was green.

When you finally arrived home, you felt immense relief. It was a little nice, going out and doing something for a change. Maybe you should do it more often, when you're a bit more well rested.
"'M back!" You yelled, your grandmother came into view.

"Oh, hello. Did you enjoy yourself?" She asked. You smiled, you loved your grandmother. She was kind, but always let your grandfather rule the house. 

"It was fun, I'm still a bit tired though.." You said, plopping onto the couch.
"Bad sleep?" She asked, sitting next to you. You nodded.

"Where's Grandpa?" You asked, it was Christmas, certainly he would be resting at home. Not like he didn't do that enough on other days though.

"He's out back, apparently it's supposed to snow tonight. So he's covering up the pond." Your grandma said, motioning towards the window. Sure enough, your grandfather was there, putting a heater in the pond full of fish.

"I think I'm gonna go rest a bit more.." You said, giving your grandma a short smile before returning to your room. Opening your computer, you noticed the Google notification you had from earlier. Glaring at your screen, you clicked on it. Your heart dropped, because this time, it was a reply notice. Your fingers shakily scrolled over it. When you saw the familiar image of SepticEye Sam, you nearly squealed. He replied, he replied. You kept repeating that in your head before you opened it up.

Reply from JackSepticEye
Hello there! Sorry if your Christmas isn't so merry right now. I'd be happy to maybe make it a little better!

Jack, er, Sean replied to you. You couldn't believe it. The whole time, that Google notification was from him. You mentally slapped yourself for ignoring it and typed a hurried reply.

Reply from (u/n)
Thanks for replying, gosh that means a lot. Also, a nice conversation would probably help the mood right now. So, how's your Christmas been?

You felt stupid for feeling this giddy excitement. You shouldn't act so childish, you thought. You sat up in your bed and stretched, suddenly feeling a bit more energetic than before. Maybe you should get out of your room again, besides, it's not like Jack was gonna reply soon. So you left your room with a silly grin on your face and walked out into the kitchen to grab something to eat. 

"What's with that expression?" You heard you grandfather call to you from across the kitchen, he must have finished with the pond. 

"I was just talking to someone online, that's all." You say, pulling out your (f/f) from the cupboard. You grandfather sighed, he never really trusted anyone online. Once you had a good friend online when you were much younger, but when you mentioned her to your grandfather, he told you not to strengthen the friendship that you had. And that was the end to your first strong online friendship.

"It's no big deal, I barely know him." You say, reading your grandfather's expression. he said nothing and exited the room. Maybe he didn't trust people online for various reasons, but you knew you shouldn't let him control you and your decisions like that, like he did with you when you were younger, even though you weren't even living with him at that time. 

You sat quietly down and ate your (f/f), staring out the window. It was still a soggy mess outside, and beyond the backyard fence you could see two children trying to make a small snowman out of the gross slush. You glanced over to the side of the table, seeing your notebook and pencils. It wasn't like you were the best artist ever, but it seemed to be the only thing you did other than stare at a screen all day.

I really need a job. You thought to yourself. The fact that no one would hire you seemed to make you just want to be lazier lately. Besides, what job would you get anyways? 

You sat there pondering for a bit about life, but every time you tried to think up something useful, your mind drifted back to the fact that JackSepticEye might have replied by now. I can't let myself become so lazy and useless.. You thought hopelessly to yourself. Sitting in your room being on your computer was not going to help that thought. But talking to Sean might actually help you. 

You found your phone, and checked notifications. okay, he hasn't responded yet. You thought, wondering if you should feel disappointed or relieved. You took out your earbuds and plugged them into your phone, opening up Youtube. By now JackSepticEye should have uploaded his second video of the day. So yes, you were going to let yourself be lazy again. Just for now.

☽ ☆ ☾

Reply from JackSepticEye
My Christmas has been pretty nice. I got to see a few friends today, and it wasn't taken up by recording because the uploads from today were pre-recorded. Thanks for asking!

You smiled at the reply, he was online now, maybe a conversation could happen.

Reply from (u/n)
Does it take long to record and edit?

You asked and waited for a reply, tapping your fingers together nervously. In a few seconds you felt the familiar phone vibration from an incoming reply.

Reply from JackSepticEye
It does take up quite a bit of time, however Robin, my editor, edits the videos. So I still have more time than a some Youtubers.

You smiled and started rapidly typing back, the grin not ever leaving your face. You weren't sure how long this was going on, but when you looked back up, it was darker outside. You had been talking for about an hour, not even getting bored. Every time you hit that "send" button, you got nervous that you might have screwed up with awkwardness. But Sean always replied and never made you feel stupid about yourself. You liked that.

Reply from JackSepticEye
Well I'd better get going. it was nice talking to you (y/n)!

A part of you felt slightly disappointed that your conversation was ending, but you also felt.. content.

Reply from (u/n)
You too, you don't know how much this made me smile. Thanks Jack!

You almost turned off your phone when one more message come through.

Reply from JackSepticEye
Glad to help, seriously. Also, call me Sean.

-----------------------------------

Author's note

Sorry for the boring chapter, the next one will be more interesting I promise!

Also for those wondering, (f/f) means favorite food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
811K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
164K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
81K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...