The Dark Windows

By nandostagram_1d

Ally has been best friends with Charlie all her life. The only problem with Charlie is her obnoxious friend L... More

The Dark Windows
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Another Author's note

Chapter 26

128 9 4
By nandostagram_1d

Louis's POV:

I sat in the waiting room for the police station. I had been released from the hell of a hospital, and my arm was in a cast. It wasn't in a sling, just a cast. If I were a kid, I would probably have wanted everyone to sign it.

I didn't fall back asleep after the principal left. I was wide awake. Mainly because he woke me, the other small percentage since my hand hurt like hell.

I talked to my mum for awhile. She was waiting outside for me to wake up. She was in some waiting room, and she slept there over night. I had her come in because I felt bad. It was nice talking to her.

She was crying a lot, but I didn't really mind. I told her about my dream of Ally. She told me to not over think it. I didn't really know what was happening, and I can't let a dream get to me. It still pulled at my brain. It still made me feel worse.

Because yes I didn't know what was happening, but wasn't that really the worst part? Not really knowing at all what's happening. How much she's going through, and nothing could be worse than that.

The door opened, and Paul looked at me. His eyes fell to my broken hand, and he sighed. "Come on in." He said. I sat up from my seat and walked into his familiar office, and plopped on the seat. He closed the door, and looked at me. "You gonna tell me what the hell happened?"

"I broke my hand." He laughed.

"Keep going..."

"I got a text message...from the boss...I think? And then I threw it at the wall and smashed a lamp and I hit my hand in the wall so hard it hit a pipe and I broke my hand." I was scared of what Paul would say to yell at me. Here it fucking comes.

"Are you an idiot, Louis!"

"Oh god, here we fucking go." I liked that Paul didn't pity me, he yelled at me like a normal person would. That being said, I still wanted to fight back.

"There were so many things wrong with that sentence and so many unexplained things, Louis! Have you lost your god damn mind?!"

"I lost it a long time ago!" I fired back.

"What was the text?"

"I don't want to say."

"Say it!"

"It fucking said 'Hope you enjoyed Ally's innocence while it lasted'. Ok? You happy now?"

"What was the number?"

"It was blocked."

"You idiot! Why do you have to go and smash the fucking clue that could've helped us find him!"

"I wasn't thinking! I was mad and pissed off because I basically found out the boss was going too basically RAPE HER!" I yelled.

"Ok! You could've saved it! Could've come to me! You don't have to go smashing things!"

"You're fucking kidding me."

"Oh my god you're getting mad at me?" I laughed.

"You honestly think I don't know what you're telling me? You honestly think that I don't constantly think about those things?"

"Louis, right now I don't know what you think."

"I honestly know what you're telling me. And you know what?"

"What." He said, exhaustingly.

"No matter how many times I could smash something or break my hand, she will never just come back. The pain will never just go away. My mind will never stop thinking about her. Nothing could ever mend the pain that has become my reality." He looked at me, and just stared at me.

He looked deep into my eyes, and just shook his head. Ok, what the hell did I do this time? He bit his lip and shook his head more.

"You know Louis, when you first walked in here, I thought you were the cockiest most self centered asshole ever." He took a pause. Thanks a fucking lot. "But, but then you started coming in more. You started defending her more, talking to me more. And dammit Louis, I sure have gained a hell of a lot of respect for you. And when you say something like you just did, you make me stop and wonder what I was like at 17. Then, then you make idiot moves. I just want you to think more before you act, as much 'parent like' as that sounds."

"I try, ok? I try. I wish I could track back that number and find who it was! But I can't cause I was an idiot. It's all cause my fucking mind is shot." His eyes lit up, and he started clicking his computer mouse.

"Come here." I walked over to the computer, and looked over his shoulder. "What was your phone number?"

"Why?"

"Because, if I enter your phone number in this website, I can find your text messages. Then, I can track it back and try and find out where that person was texting you from, or their number." My eyes went wide as I stared at the screen.

"Holy fucking shit."

Ally's POV:

"Just get this over with." I said to the Rob. He was standing in the room, and he was staring down at me.

"Wouldn't you like me to update you about Louis?" My swollen eyes were barely staying open, and my broken heart was barely beating anymore. I was trying hard not to have a nervous breakdown and kill myself.

The only reason I wasn't was because if Louis ever found out, he would beat himself up for it and cry. I was doing this all for him, although he didn't see any of it.

My body was tired and run down, and my mind could no longer comprehend the difference between what was real and what wasn't. Sleep was no longer something that came easy. It consisted of long hours of crying and thinking.

"No please don't." I said back. My tired back was aching, and my eyes couldn't even look at Rob.

"Please, it would be no problem at all."

"Just stop, ok? I'm tired and run down and if you're just going to use me, you might as well do it now. I'm sick and tired of this shit, and I'm ready to smash something at any given moment because my temper has reached it's peak." He laughed.

"This is so funny." I gave him my best death glare, even though it was hard at my state.

"What is soooo funny, huh?"

"You just get more and more like him with each word that comes out of your mouth." My eyes went wide.

"Like who?" My voice was shaky.

"Like Louis." His emphasis on Louis made my heat burst for what felt like the millionth time today. "Every word that you say lately is more and more like him. You smash things and get mad and rude...like him." My heart was beating fast, and I just stared up at him.

"You know what, I'm very very proud of that." His eyes went wide, and he lost the smirk on his face. "Because Louis is so brave and he isn't afraid to stand up for himself. He will do anything to stand up for someone, and he isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's vulnerable and I respect him." He laughed again. Is that all that this man can do?

"Really?"

"Yes." The anger was already at a high keel before he came in, but it's risen a lot since he brought all this up.

"You think he's brave and vulnerable?"

"Yes." I responded again.

"If he's so brave and vulnerable, why is he in the hospital right now?"

"Shut up." I felt hot and a headache creeped in after his words. He's doing this in purpose.

"Why did he smash his phone against a wall?"

"Stop."

"Why does he cry every single night, and scream?"

"Just shut up, please." I was holding back the tears that I was now starting to feel. I was no longer afraid to let them out, but at this moment, I needed to act strong.

"Why did he punch his hand in the wall over 10 times so hard he punched a pipe and broke his vulnerable hand?" I tried to cover my ears, but I heard every word he said. The smirk was now evident on his face, and he just took in my now crying one.

My puffy red eyes got redder as I cried out more tears. I knew he was trying to get on my nerves. And I told him I didn't want to hear about Louis, but he went ahead and told me anyways.

"I thought you were different than him, but really, you're just morphing into him. And that's not something to be proud of."

I covered my face instead of my ears now.

Stop crying. Please stop crying. Louis is a good person, you know that. Don't listen to him, he's just trying to take advantage of your feelings.

His face got stern and he smirked that evil smirk at me. "Now get on your back! Like you said before, we might as well get this over with now."

Happy happy new year! So I've been trying to find songs that relate to each character and how they're feeling. It's so hard for this book, because of the relationship that they have. But I did find 3 songs for Louis's character.

When A Heart Breaks - Ben Rector

Here Without You - 3 Doors Down

Moments - One Direction

If you have any song suggestions, please comment! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and comment <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 524 19
Harry Styles is taken. What will the band do? How will they cope? Will they get Harry back?...
7.3K 123 34
Scarlet Murphy has had a rough past, but you can't tell when you first look at her. She had forgotten the past, but when her best friend gets abduct...
43.9K 806 22
What happens when a smart, beautiful and funny girl gets tangled in a web of emotions? When her so-called friends turn their backs on her? When she i...
438 9 1
When professional Soccer/Football player Louis Tomlinson loses everything he has, will you, his best friend, be able to help him regain his whole lif...