When Lightning Strikes

By AlwaysSunny

In a city full of villains, would you dare to be the hero? In Lincoln Grove, there hasn't been a hero in 12... More

Trailer
Chapter 1-- Bravery of a walnut
Chapter 2 -- The mastermind
Chapter 3 -- Try and keep up
Chapter 4 -- How about mercy?
Chapter 6 -- Stuff up his sleeve
Chapter 7 -- You own a dress?
Chapter 8 -- Red Raven's suit
Chapter 9 -- Who's your hero?
Chapter 10 -- I just want chocolate
Chapter 11 -- The monster behind the mask
Chapter 12 -- A terrible tag team
Chapter 13 -- Bigger fish to fry
Chapter 14 -- You're just a shadow
Chapter 15 -- Drop us in traffic
Chapter 16 -- Someone has to be the renegade
Chapter 17 -- The ship has set sail
Chapter 18 -- Hail storm
Chapter 19 -- You're not so bad
Chapter 20 -- Watch out for falling houses
Chapter 21 -- You? Weaknesses?
Chapter 22 -- Falling pretty hard
Chapter 23 -- What peace feels like
Chapter 24 -- This maze called the Friendzone
Chapter 25 -- Run for the hills
Chapter 26 -- Thunder
Chapter 27 -- The Mystery Gang
Chapter 28 -- Record time
Chapter 29 -- Mother's intuition
Chapter 30 -- Is it a good plan?
Chapter 31 -- That went well
A/N
Bonus Chapter 1 - Gang initiation after lunch
Bonus Chapter 2 - Methane, propane, and vegetable oil

Chapter 5 -- Crashing Red Raven's party

7.3K 360 301
By AlwaysSunny

I found it odd that Jonas wanted me to spend time with Mickey instead of talking about our new partnership. He forced me to hang out with my boyfriend. I don't care who you are or what you think about guy friends. They never really like the boyfriend of their girl best friend.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mickey asks me as he brings another Gatorade bottle my way.

If I see another Gatorade bottle I am going to scream.

"Just great. Really, Mickey, you can go home. I don't want to get you sick."

As much as I loved Mickey I just wanted to be alone tonight. I didn't feel sick, I just didn't feel like being social anymore. Being that tonight was a rare night I wouldn't have homework, I wanted a night to myself. But Jonas knew I would dwell too much on Red Raven.

It just didn't make any sense. If Red Raven could fly this whole time, why didn't he use it to his advantage?

"Della." Mickey snaps his fingers in front of my face. Shoot. I let myself dwell on it.

"Yeah?"

He tucks a strand of my chestnut brown hair behind my ear. He kisses the bridge of my nose, to which I blush. His thumb slides across my cheek.

"It worries me how much you stare into space."

I sit up from my relaxed position on the couch.

"Nick I'm okay. I promise."

His eyebrows quirk and his lip twitches.

"You never call me Nick," he stands up from the couch, "Della. Seriously. What is going on?"

I open my mouth to speak when my brother jogs down the steps. He asks me where his Nikes are. Usually I would tell him it's not my day to keep up with them. I saw this as an opportunity to get up and out of this uncomfortable situation.

"I saw them in the hall closet earlier today." I hop up from the couch and glance at Mickey from the corner of my eye.

He glares at me with his arms crossed. His mouth hangs open in disbelief. I don't blame him. We're always open with each other about things. But this is just something I can't share right now. Maybe if I figure out Red Raven's game I'll confess my secret identity. I'm not entirely confident in my plans as of now.

Mason digs in the closet for a few minutes until he finally pulls out his Nikes. He looks back at the two of us and flinches.

"Did I interrupt something?" Mason backs up the stairs.

Mickey turns to me with a scowl on his face. I sigh and grab his arm. He questions me for a split second before I whisk him away out the door.

We catch our balance once we're on the porch. Mickey refuses to look at me, but allows me to take his hand and lead him to the porch swing. He sighs as he runs a hand through his dark brown, curly hair.

"This better be good." He finally meets my gaze.

I nod. I'm not ready to tell him, but it's time I should. What kind of relationship would I be in if I wasn't completely honest?

"I'm just going to say it. I'm Rapid Glare."

He blinks, absorbing the news for a minute. All of a sudden a laugh emerges from his lips and he places a hand on top of mine.

"Okay, babe, tell me what's really going on." His curly hair bounces as he continues to chuckle.

"I'm serious." I deadpan.

That's when he stops goofing off to look me straight in the face. His demeanor changes suddenly and I realize he's fed up.

"Della I've had enough of you playing games with me lately. If you can't take our relationship seriously then --"

I stop him short, "Then what? Mickey?" It comes out as a whimper.

He takes his hand away from mine. "Prove it."

I disappear right in front of him and watch him panic.

My hand is placed on Mickey's cheek and I watch him start to flip out. In an instant, I see my point has been made. I reappear in front of him.

His face scrunches up in confusion. I know that look too well. He makes that face every time he stumbles across a history question. Or science, or English, for that matter.

"That felt weird." He laughs as he brings me close to him in a tight embrace.

I smile up at him, "So are we cool?" I ask, hoping that I can hold on to this amazing guy.

"It all kinda makes sense now. Thank you for sharing this with me. I know it took some patience." He kisses my forehead and I close my eyes, wanting to remember this moment.

Just then a car I don't recognize pulls up into the driveway. The blue Mazda doesn't register in my head as familiar whatsoever.

Mason runs out of the house to greet the guy. I listen hard to hear their brief conversation before they head in.

"Red Raven busted out of jail. I've got updates for our blog."

***

I was clearly very tempted to eavesdrop on my brother's conversation, but I didn't follow them inside. I assumed the mystery guy was his friend from school that was helping him write the article about me. Well, article that turned into a blog. My brother is such a dork.

"I'm going to head home, okay?" Mickey says as he stands up from the porch swing. I check the time because I'm pretty sure at one point I fell asleep while we were out here. It's almost six o'clock, which means my parents should be home soon.

I walk with Mickey down the steps to his car when I realize part of my t-shirt sleeve is wet. Mickey smiles mischeviously.

"By the way, you drool in your sleep." He opens the door to his Jeep and laughs while he plants a kiss on my cheek.

I scowl.

"It's okay. It's cute. I never imagined you'd actually drool over me." He teases, to which I remain unhappy. You get one of the hottest guys in school, Della, and you drool on yourself. Classy.

Mickey drives off and I speed up the stairs. My brother's bedroom door is open so it will be easy to walk in completely unnoticed with the help of my invisibility.

"Just write 'Rapid Glare has yet to defeat Red Raven and his super plan.'" Mason's friend barks at him.

Mason types at lightning speed to keep up with the rest of the story verbally told to him. Why can't this guy write down what Mason needs to type?

"Quit breathing down my neck, Thomas." Mason snaps at his friend.

"I'm nowhere near you." Thomas replies.

Mason looks up suspiciously and I back away slowly out the door.

"Della will you turn off the AC?" He shouts.

I scramble to my room to reply, "Sure!" I step into the hall to pass by his room visible this time. Of course there's not actually any need for me to turn off the AC if it was my breathing that caused him to get chills.

My curiosity brings me into his room again, but as Mason's sister, not stealthy Rapid Glare. Thomas looks up at me and I'm stunned.

I thought Mickey was gorgeous.

Thomas stares at me too. I'm not sure if it's disdain for interrupting their session or... No, it's definitely disdain.

"I'm Thomas," He takes a hand out of his jean pocket to shake my hand. His smile practically lit up the room along with his hazel eyes. The hand shake itself came as a shock. He was friendly?

"I'm working on a project with Mason." He states as I remain speechless.

"She was snooping, Thomas. Don't let her distract us." Mason speaks up from his desk chair. Mason and I may look pretty similar, but our personalities were far from identical.

"Hey! I want to hear about Rapid Glare just as much as the next person."

"Right now we're discussing Red Raven's breakout." Thomas interjects.

I raise my eyebrows, "How'd he do that?"

Mason shrugs, huffing aloud. "Probably another form of mind manipulation." Thomas snaps his fingers for him to write it down. We see who does the hard work in the group.

"I heard he was planning on robbing people of their insurance money from the fire." Thomas reads from his phone.

My eyes grow wide. Robbery is the word that triggers my powers into action. I calmly walk out of the room to my own next door. I slip on my mask and call Ash. Ash has yet to make our costumes, but that doesn't stop me from crashing Red Raven's party once again.

A/N
Hey guys! The video above is from The Flash and I really like the song they tied into it, I just wanna run. No, I'm not obsessed with the show. Psshhh. Whaaa... Anyways I needed to let you know I don't own the video, that's all.

The picture above is Lily Collins as Della.

Thanks for reading!
Always, Sunny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 15.8K 66
WARNING: CONTAINING AMOUNTS OF SASS PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TO MANKIND In the city of NYC--- Ok. Hold up. First of all, New York City. What, are ya gonna...
333K 28.2K 35
[THIS IS AN OLD DRAFT. Please read the rewrite that is currently up on my profile] ............ "Look, man, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to rob the...
109K 4.3K 64
"I've been looking for you." There was an unexpected rasp to his voice, a hint of desperation. He stretched out one hand, as if to brush it across my...
118 76 9
Jimi Leroy Travelling from Tokyo, Jimi Leroy found himself arriving in New York. With a launch party in the works for the DINA company, his mother tr...