Never Again

By KinkyKylies

Love is beautiful, love should be beautiful and feeling safe is not a privilege, but a basic need. When you d... More

Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Confrontation
Chapter 3: Bruises
Chapter 4: Moving
Chapter 5: Dinner
Chapter 6: Hospital
Chapter 7: Switzerland
Chapter 8: Eyes
Chapter 9: Fear
Chapter 10: Friends
Chapter 11: Secrets
Chapter 12: Stranger
Chapter 13: Conversations
Chapter 14: Coffee
Chapter 15: Home
Chapter 16: Nightlife
Chapter 17: Leaving
Chapter 18: Work
Chapter 20: Supermarket
Chapter 21: Cake
Chapter 22: Hills
Chapter 23: Food
Chapter 24: Lies
Chapter 25: Hiding
Chapter 26: Apologies
Chapter 27: Invitation
Chapter 28: Surprise
Chapter 29: Travelling
Chapter 30: Trackside
Chapter 31: Communication
Chapter 32: Drinks
Chapter 33: Race
Chapter 34: Party
Chapter 35: Closer
Chapter 36: Job
Chapter 37: Introductions
Chapter 38: Start
Chapter 39: Preparations
Chapter 40: Nerves
Chapter 41: Unexpected
Chapter 42: Win
Chapter 43: Action
Chapter 44: Confusion
Chapter 45: Doubt
Chapter 46: Disbelief
Chapter 47: Discovery
Chapter 48: Truth
Chapter 49: Avoidence
Chapter 50: Talks
Chapter 51: Lobby
Chapter 52: Inattention
Chapter 53: Conflict
Chapter 54: Realisation
Chapter 55: Implications
Chapter 56: Heartache
Chapter 57: Silence
Chapter 58: Birthday
Chapter 59: Again
Chapter 60: Hotel
Chapter 61: Repeat

Chapter 19: Sharing

1.5K 48 3
By KinkyKylies

It was surprising how quickly Switzerland had felt like home, it was like she had been here for months. It was exactly what she had needed and every day she felt a little bit more like herself again. Her body was still healing very slowly, but at least she was recovering. She was now able to breathe normally again and that made everything a lot easier already, especially at work. She had told her colleagues that she was robbed and that's why she had those injuries. They really were wonderful because they always took her injuries into account and helped her wherever they could. Working with them was great fun and it felt like she was starting to make new friends.

She absentmindedly stroked the bruise on her face and glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, it was almost eleven. He was always here around eleven so she quickly went to clean the table at the window. She caught herself staring out the window looking for Sebastian, but he was nowhere to be seen. She sighed and tried not to feel disappointed, she didn't even know if he would be here today. While she cleaned the other tables she thought about all the times he had came in. He had always ordered the same coffee and he was always able to cheer her up. She even had arranged that she could take her break around eleven, so that she could join him for a coffee. It had surprised her how easy it was to talk to him and how time seemed to fly during those moments.

'Hey there,' Seb said.

'Hi!' she replied happily. There he was, he must be a Ninja or something, because a second ago he hadn't been there surely.

'Busy day?' he took off his jacket and tossed it on an empty chair before sitting down.

'Not really, so I've been helping out in the kitchen today,' she answered distractedly. Damn, he looked good today. His hair was a bit messy and he was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with light grey stripes. The two top buttons were open and revealed a glimpse of his toned chest.

'Doing the dishes?' he shot her a sly smile and began rolling up his sleeves, revealing his strong arms.

'No, practicing my baking skills. It was even good enough to sell!'

He laughed at her enthusiasm and his eyes looked even bluer than before. 'You bake?'

'Yes, started baking when I first came here to clear my head, but now I actually enjoy it,' she explained.

'What did you make today?' he glanced at the counter like he was expecting the cakes to answer.

'Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte,' she answered proudly.

'Nice, chocolate is my favourite,' he answered while licking his lips. 'Can I have some?'

She raised an eyebrow. 'Are you sure? Normally you only drink coffee, I don't think I ever saw you eat cake.'

His face fell a bit. 'I know, but you made it, so I have to try!' he exclaimed, 'And Heikki is going to kill me soon after,' he muttered so that Keira couldn't hear him.

'Alright then, I'll get us both a piece,' she said. She adjusted her apron and disappeared to the back to appear again a few minutes later.

'For your information, this will be on your own risk,' she sniggered when she put down the cake in front of Sebastian. 'I can't be held responsible for any inconveniences you might encounter after eating this, like food poisoning and stuff.'

He shot her an annoyed glare, but his eyes were twinkling. 'You're cruel, you should have become a lawyer.'

'Too boring,' she answered while taking a bite of her cake. She was quite pleased with the cake, it was actually kind of eatable.

'Yeah, I might agree with that, I like my job better,' he also put some cake into his mouth. 'Is perfect, I can taste chocolate,' he said while trying not to spit out the cake.

Keira rolled her eyes. 'Learn some manners!'

He grinned and swallowed before answering this time. 'I'm sorry,' he said with his best impression of puppy eyes.

Her heart started to race and she could feel her stomach stir, those eyes got to her every time. The sneaky smile that was playing on his lips didn't help either, so she tried to focus on her cake but her eyes kept wandering to his face.

'Really, the cake is good though. I wish I could make this, I normally end up with eggs on the ceiling or something when I try,' he said disappointingly. He tried to scoop up the last crumbs, but they kept falling of his fork. In the end he just licked the plate.

'You really don't have any manners, do you?' she remarked when Sebastian was licking his plate enthusiastically.

He lowered the plate. 'Well, I blame my parents,' he smirked.

'Do you always blame someone else?' she raised her eyebrows.

'All racing-,' he began and his cheeks turned red, 'all men do!' he corrected himself. He looked like he almost gave something away that he shouldn't have. He tugged on the buttons of his shirt, showing even more perfect skin.

'And that's why I've decided to not have any men in my life anymore,' she answered with determination in her eyes.

He looked confused. 'You are a lesbian now?'

She laughed and tossed her hair over her shoulders. 'No, not really. Although I can always try.'

'But you do have a boyfriend, so I don't understand?'

Keira sighed and her shoulders drooped when she heard the question. 'Not anymore.'

He shifted in his seat and his eyes had lit up a little. 'Why?'

'For reasons,' she answered not wanting to go into detail about it.

'Well, I'm sorry then. Is that why you came back?' he sounded interested and he rested his arm on the table.

'Sort of, there were a few things that led me back here. Not that it matters anymore, because I like it here,' that was completely true she thought, 'and it offers the chance to look for a place to live in London without any stress.'

His eyes looked somehow less blue and he bit his lip. 'So, you are going back then?'

'Yes, that's the plan. I don't know when yet, I first have to find a house and a job,' she still hadn't made any progress with that. She had spent hours searching the internet for places to live, but she still couldn't commit to something. What if it was the wrong thing? She also had send out a couple of resumes, but hadn't heard anything back yet.

Sebastian slumped back in his chair and his smile faded. 'That's a pity, I like hanging out with you.'

'I like hanging out with you too!' she patted him on the arm. 'We can always call though?' she smiled and she could see a slight smile starting to appear again. Her fingers still tingled from when she had touched his arm, she had not intended to do that.

'Promise?' he tried to pout and held out his pink.

She chuckled and held out her own pink. 'Pinky promise!'

'How old are we again?' he grinned and they both locked eyes.

'I don't even know how old you are, so I can't answer!' she chuckled.

'If you want to know, just turned 25. From now on I'll only get old,' he sulked. He wrapped his hands around the empty coffee mug and his eyes glazed over.

'No way, life will only get better from now on! We're past the awkward phase and now we can have fun,' she tried to cheer him up. 'I'm also 25, so according to you I'm also old.'

His eyes widened. 'You're not old!' he spluttered.

'Then you aren't also,' she shot him her determined smile. 'Also, fun fact for you. Most women think men will get better looking when turning older.'

He smirked and gave her an astonishing look. 'You do?'

'Most women do, yes, so I would suggest you embrace your old age,' she grinned and ran her hand through her hair.

'You also like older men?' he tried to sound nonchalant, but it didn't really work and he turned pink.

He was a funny guy, she thought. 'If you really want to know, yes. I see aging as a blessing for men,' she tried not to laugh.

'You're not being serious,' he remarked whilst eying her suspiciously.

She threw her hands in the air. 'I am! I can confirm I don't really like the baby faced guys.'

He frowned and touched his own face. 'Do I have a baby face?'

'Have you ever seen babies with a beard?' she shot back at him.

He grinned and ruffled his hair before leaning back in his chair. 'I guess you're right,' he said.

'I always am. Do you want another coffee?' she asked while trying to ignore his amused face.

'Yes please, I don't think you ever have to ask.'

'I know, I think there's coffee running through your veins instead of blood,' she said with a serious expression on her face.

He acted hurt and his lower lip trembled. 'You're a horrible person.'

'I know,' she said casually and put their empty plates and mugs on her tray. 'Cake?'

He gave up his unsuccessful attempt at acting and nodded in defeat.

When she put down the hot coffee and the cake, Sebastian impatiently shoved a piece of cake in his mouth. When he caught Keira's eyes he tried to explain that he was sorry once again by using his hands. This made Keira only laugh and she folded her arms before leaning back against the back of her chair.

'It's just I don't eat much cake normally, I wish I could make this myself,' he sighed when his mouth was finally empty.

'I can teach you if you want?' she said before thinking it over.

He raised one eyebrow and looked surprised. 'Really? Would you do that?'

She nodded and was suddenly nervous and she could feel her cheeks flush. She wasn't sure why exactly she had offered to help him bake a cake, because it was utterly stupid. He must think that she was an idiot or something. Why on earth would she suggest such a thing?

'OK, that would be fun,' he answered, 'but I must warn you that I'm kind of a train wreck.' His face looked guilty and his fingers were tightly gripping the edge of his seat. A slight frown was visible, but he was still as good looking as ever.

'I've been there before,' she chuckled. Thinking about the several attempts Abby, Tom and she had made over the past years, she realised it couldn't get much worse.

'Deal then.'

Oh shit, that meant that she either had to go to his house or he had to go to hers. She already was nervous just sitting with him in the cafe, let alone when it's only the two of them together in a house. She really hadn't thought this through, she feared the fact to be completely alone with a guy again and now she had suggested it herself. Fear was already closing off her throat and her heart was pounding painfully against her bruised ribs, it was really hard to breathe. Trying to calm down she dug her nails in her legs and forced a smile on her face.

He could see that she was trying to smile, but it looked a bit half-heartedly. A sudden change in her expression had appeared when they had agreed to the deal. He couldn't understand why, because she was the one that had suggested it. It looked like she had sudden realised something and hesitation was visible on her face.

'Am I that scary?' he suggested.

She jumped a little when she heard his voice. 'What do you mean?'

'Nothing, was just joking,' he shook his head and tried to read her face, it was still a bit pale.

'Are you ever serious?' she gave him a tiny smile and twisted a lock of her hair around her finger.

'You always think so positively about me, I'm flattered,' he said indignantly, but he smiled anyway.

'You're welcome!' she grinned.

He gave her a dirty look and threw his napkin in her direction, it missed.

'You're a funny guy,' she laughed and she picked up the napkin from the floor. Her long hair shielded her face and the sun illuminated her hair so it almost looked golden.

'I told you so,' he grinned. His eyes were still on her hair, although she had already tossed it over her shoulders again. Normally he liked blondes, but something about Keira made that somehow unimportant. She was beautiful as she was and he didn't think blonde would even suit her.

'I already knew your ego was very big, if that's what you mean,' she grinned. 'How come you are always here every day, don't you have work or something?'

'Holidays,' he answered. He was surprised by the sudden change of subject and was taken aback by the question. She hadn't asked him much about his work and he was glad about that.

'Then why is your arse not somewhere on a tropical beach?' a puzzled look had appeared on her face.

He couldn't stop himself from laughing out loud. 'Not interested, that's not really my thing. I like to be home when I have the chance,' he smirked. 'By the way, interested in my arse are you?' he wiggled his eyebrows and shot her a mischievous smile. He could see her turning red instantly and she nervously pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. 'Just joking,' he added with a wink. She looked adorable when embarrassed, but maybe this wasn't his smartest move.

'What do you mean by wanting to stay home when you get the chance?' she smartly ignored his last remarks.

He paused to formulate the right sentences in his head. 'Motorsports is a global business, so I travel quite a lot. Especially to England where the headquarters is,' he said hesitantly. He hoped that she wouldn't ask any further questions about it.

'Sounds like a lot of fun', she remarked.

'So why aren't you on a sunny island?' he retorted her initial question, hoping to steer the conversation away from this dangerous topic.

She smiled and stretched her legs so that she could lean back in her chair. 'I don't really like beaches and mass tourism, neither my parents so that's why we always went here. I would rather read a book quietly in the mountains than laying on a square meter on a busy beach.'

He could relate to that, he didn't like very populated areas. In his case it was even worse, because most people knew who he was and he couldn't go anywhere unnoticed. Once he had been on holiday with Hanna on an almost private beach and the paparazzi still had found them to take pictures, he had not been amused then.

Keira suddenly stood up and yelped quietly when she spotted the time, he saw that it had been twenty minutes already. He could see her colleagues looking at her, but it was clear that they didn't mind her taking a longer break. Swiss people were nice people he thought and with that he gave Keira and her colleagues a little wave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 2.6K 66
Sequel to Red... Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But out of sight out of mind? Hmm, I can't quite decide which is true. I mean, I can't forget...
45.1K 1.5K 25
He was her favorite driver but when they start to drive for the same team, all they do is fight. She is the forbidden fruit he knows he can't have an...
538K 15.3K 86
Life with her smelled like fresh lemons with a bit of mint aside. Sour, yet gratifying, since it was the perfect combination. He could taste her love...
370K 7.8K 72
Two childhood friends have their biggest dreams. But they have to separate when they are teenagers. They are destined to meet again after 12 years. D...