That Nerd has a Secret (PUBLI...

By Mikasa_bolabola

She's not a gangster nor a mafia. Neither a lost princess nor a goddess. She's not a wizard or a guardian or... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Bullied
Chapter 2: Disguise
Chapter 3: Transfer
Chapter 4: New School
Chapter 5: Entrance Exam
Chapter 6: Continuation
Chapter 7: Result
Chapter 8: First Day
Chapter 9: Trouble
Chapter 10: Blown up
Chapter 11: The Alpha
Chapter 12: Mistress
Chapter 13: Festival
Chapter 14: Demon Attack
Chapter 15: The Master and the Mistress
Chapter 16: Meeting with the Alpha
Chapter 17: Her weak side
Chapter 18: Alzena Alors
Chapter 19: Her Past
Chapter 20: Familiar and the Pro
Chapter 21: Goodbye Paxton?
Chapter 22: Advice
Chapter 23: Paxton, Shea and Kiyan
Chapter 24: The Demon Slayer
Chapter 25: Attack of the Demon Clan
Chapter 26: Duel
Chapter 27: The Familiar of Light
Chapter 29: Where it all began
Q&A (not an update)
Chapter 30: Beginning
Chapter 31: The Final Bully
Chapter 32: The Transformation
Chapter 33: Versus
Chapter 34: Her Wrath
Chapter 35: He's gone
Chapter 36: Familiar Applicant
Chapter 37: The Deal
Chapter 38: Bringing him back
Chapter 39: The Glass Window
Chapter 40: Human World
TRAILER
Chapter 41: First Day
Chapter 42: Saviour
Chapter 43: The Traitor
Chapter 44: Alysia
Chapter 45: Descends
EXPLANATION
Chapter 46: Apostles
Chapter 47: Talk for a bit
Trailer pt 2
Chapter 48: The Return of Familiar
Chapter 49: Challenger
Chapter 50: Before the Fight
Chapter 51: Clash
Chapter 52: Tortured
Chapter 53: The Strongest Apostle
Chapter 54: Acceptance
Chapter 55: Choice
Story Recapitulation
Chapter 56: Eagle vs. Fox
Chapter 57: Game Over
Chapter 58: Feelings of the Heartless
Chapter 59: Retreat
Chapter 60: Eternal Abyss
Chapter 61: The Tournament
Chapter 62: Versus Queen
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 63: The King and the Familiar
Chapter 64: The Face of Darkness
Chapter 65: The Apostle of Love
Chapter 66: The Fallen
Epilogue
Thank You
TNHAS BOOK LIMITED SALE (SOLD OUT)
TNHS PART 2!
TNHAS PART 2 LIMITED SALE (SIGNED)

Chapter 28: Kidnapped Familiar

338K 12.5K 4.4K
By Mikasa_bolabola

THIRD PERSON’S POV

The Alpha were spending their leisure time in their dorm. Kiyan is on his favorite spot beside the window while the rest of the Alpha were talking about the duel and everything that happened along the festival.

"Boring naman, walang mission," reklamo ni Ice at sumandal sa malapad at malambot nilang sofa. Katabi niya naman si Vishna na nagbabasa ng novel.

"At ano sa tingin mo ang ginagawa natin ngayon?" Ezra asked.

"I mean another mission. I'm not used to this kind of situation that we have only one mission at this time."

"So you want to get killed alone, huh?" Vishna glances at Ice.

"But looking at her face, she can't even kill a mosquito!" sabi ni Ice.

"You know fafa Ice—”

"Wag mo kong tawagin ng ganyan Trevor naninindig balahibo ko sayo."

"So it means being gay is effective." Trevor grinned.

"Bakla ka naman kasi talaga," asar ni Ezra.

"Halikan kita dyan gusto mo?" he countered.

"Gusto mo halikan kamao ko?"

"Like eww I'd rather kiss our target than you," Trevor said in a high-pitch.

"Grabe kang bakla ka makalait. Baka mamaya sumpain ka 'non. Hahaha!"

"I'm still looking for evidence but someone is blocking me to move further," biglang sabi ni Fire out of nowhere.

Meanwhile, a girl with a blonde hair came in wearing her most angelic smile. Straight with a curl at the end that waves every time she walks. She moves so classy and sophisticated that makes every guy in the campus go crazy.

Lumapit siya kay Kiyan na ngayon ay nakatingin sa labas.

"You feel something didn't you?" ang mala-anghel niyang ngiti ay biglang nawala. Her face became serious as she talks to the man beside her.

Kiyan doesn't even bother to look at her as he speaks, "Yeah. Back there, I can feel that my knees were trembling. She's really here."

Parang may kirot siyang naramdaman as she heard what Kiyan said. He doesn't even talk with emotions at all but now, every word that he’s saying struck her heart.
He’s full of emotion. He's excited, he's thrilled, he's longing. He wants her. And she hates it.

"She told me..." Kiyan paused for a bit making the girl look up to him.

"She told me that she'll show up. She told me that she'll fight. And I won't waste that opportunity." his hands began to shake because of excitement.

For a very long time, ngayon niya lang ulit nakitang ganito ang master. He's a cold and heartless guy. He doesn't give a damn to anything. For him, life was boring. Until he met this girl, his fellow disciple who gave his life a thrill. At ngayon ay gusto na niyang angkinin ito.

"But what if she doesn’t show up?" she asked.

"Then I'll make her."

Nabalot ng katahimikan silang dalawa. She's mad, she's jealous. Not because she's the rank 2 and cannot surpass the Master, but she never made Kiyan like this ever since childhood. They grew up together but never did Kiyan looks at her like that girl na isang beses niya palang nakita eh malaki na ang naging dulot sa kanya. She's madly inlove with him. At hindi siya makakapayag na may aagaw kay Kiyan.

"How's Cein?" napapitlag siya nang biglang nagsalita si Kiyan.

"She separated contact from the target. Kahit kailan ang hina niya talaga. Still a worthless sister."

"I heard that she's the rank 2 during the exam. I guess you have nothing different." sabi nito.

She bit her lip to control her frustration. Kahit ganon ay hindi niya magawang magalit kay Kiyan kahit ganon siya tratuhin nito. She loves him.

Umalis si Kiyan sa kinatatayuan niya at naglakad papunta sa ibang members.

"Fire." tawag nito.

"Yes master?" Fire answered while holding his notebook.

"How's Alzena?"

"She's slowly recovering from the injuries yesterday. Pero hindi na raw siya makakasali ng pageant."

Nag react naman ang ibang members dahil nasayangan sila. Alzena has the beauty queen material kaya malaki ang epekto nito sa freshmen.

"What's the name of the guy?" he asked again.

"Based on my investigation after the match, the ability used against her was Counter. At sa mga information na nakalap ko, only one person possesses that ability."

"Sino?" tanong ni Ezra.

"No other than the top 1 from the freshmen. His name is Ren Paxton Montero."

Walang nakikitang emosyon sa mukha ni Kiyan. So they find it hard to know what he’s thinking. Umakyat siya sa second floor ng kanilang dorm leaving the members in silence.

--

SHEA'S POV

There are no matches for today so it's a perfect time to relax myself for the past few weeks. Papunta ako ngayon sa field kung saan nandon ang iba't-ibang attractions na naka-display. I'm really not into these things but since I'm bored, I guess I should just go with it.

As usual, mahaba parin ang pila ng booth na ginawa ko so I didn't bother to go inside. Some people were staring at me dahil nga agaw pansin ang mukha ko. Nandito ako ngayon sa part kung saan ang mga rides and there were cringy couples everywhere.

Some were even kissing while riding in the ferris wheel. How can they display their affection in public? That's gross.

"Anong ginagawa ng isang multo sa horror house dito? Naliligaw ka yata?" harang ng apat na babae sa harapan ko. Akala ko wala nang mambu-bully sa 'kin kapag nakita nila akong lumaban. Marami pa pala.

Sinubukan ko silang iwasan but they keep on blocking my way. I tried once again pero sinadya akong banggain ng isa na may hawak na ice cream kaya napunta iyon lahat sa damit ko.

"Oops! My bad." sabi niya at tumawa silang lahat.

"Ang saya mo pagtripan no? Hindi ka nagsusumbong. Hahaha! Good girl. I have a question, bakit ang pangit mo?" sabi ng mukhang leader nila at muling tumawa. Mukhang masaya nga sila.

Inangat ko ang tingin ko sa kanila, "Shouldn't be I'm the one asking you that?"
They stopped and glared at me. "How dare you disrespect your seniors!"

"How can she respect you when you can't even respect yourselves? Go change your attitude if you want to be respected."

Their face went pale as they look at the guy who just arrived. It's the top 1 from the seniors.

"Girl, si Christian. Alis na tayo dito." bulong ng isa.

Tinignan naman ako ng masama ng leader nila bago umalis. "Are you okay? Sinaktan ka ba nila?" he asked worriedly.

"No I'm fine."

"Those are the students from the lowest section. I'll make sure that they'll get disciplinary action right away." he said.

Tumahimik nalang ako at nag-umpisang maglakad. Uuwi nalang siguro ako dahil madumi narin ang damit ko.

"Shea, wait lang. Doon muna tayo." tinuro niya ang mga booth na nagbebenta ng mga couple items. I mentally rolled my eyes at muling tumalikod. There's no way I'm gonna go there.

Bigla niya nalang ako hinila papunta doon kahit nagpupumiglas na ako. Ano bang problema niya?

"Can't you see that I'm not interested in those kind of stuffs? Let me go," I said pero mukhang wala siyang naririnig.

"Bibilhan kita ng damit dahil madumi na ‘yang sayo," sabi niya nang nakangiti habang hinihila parin ako.

"In a couple booth?"

"May nakikita ka pa bang iba na nagbebenta ng damit maliban doon?"

I roam my eyes around the field at mukhang tama nga siya. Only that couple booth sells clothes which are couple shirts.

"I'll go home. Malapit lang naman ang dorm ko."

"Wag na. Bibilhan nalang kita." he again smiled at me.

May narinig akong tumili sa likuran ko. I look back and saw several girls staring at the guy who is dragging me. Why did I even end up with him?

Narating namin ang couple booth at siya narin ang pumili ng couple shirt. Nanayo agad ang balahibo ko sa dami ng mga corny stuffs sa booth na 'to.

"There's no way I'm gonna wear that," diretso kong sabi sa kanya.

He bought a yellow couple shirt at may nakasulat pa na "He's the man" at "She's the boss" with an arrow pointing each other.

"Please, Shea, wear it. Ikaw lang magsusuot nito at hindi ko susuotin yung sa 'kin. Ang lagkit mo na at baka magkasipon ka pa. And besides, we're not a couple yet."

"Anong sabi mo?" hindi ko kasi narinig ang huling sinabi niya.

"Haha wala. Sige na magpalit ka nalang muna. Don't worry hindi ko susuotin ang pares niya." he flashed a smile. Tumango nalang ako at dumiretso sa cr para mag palit.

Pabalik na ako ngayon sa pwesto ko and my brows furrowed as I saw a guy wearing the same shirt as mine. Sinasabi ko na nga ba. Damn it, ganon ba talaga ka grabe ang epekto ng apoy ko na ginaya niya? Babalik nalang ako para palitan ang damit ko.

"Shea!" he called pero di ko siya nilingon.

I continue to walk with my heads down when I bump into something. Napahawak ako sa noo ko as I smell a familiar scent. I look up only to see Paxton with a deadly glare at mukhang umaapaw pa ang itim na aura sa kanyang katawan.

"Hey Shea!" patakbo ding lumapit si Christian sa amin.

I bit my lower lip and my heart began to race. No Paxton, you're thinking it wrong.

Napatingin siya sa damit ko at sa damit ni Christian. Wala siyang emosyon na pinapakita pero yung itim niyang aura ay enough to give me goosebumps.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. Tapos dito ka lang pala." he said coldly at tinignan kaming dalawa ng kasama ko.

"Look it's not what you think—”
He cut me off.

"You know where to go after your..." he paused for a bit and again stared at us. Bakit ang sama niya makatingin?

"Whatever business you two are doing right now." he said and turned around.

Naglakad siya paalis and disappeared to the crowd ignoring me. I sighed heavily. He's mad. But it's not what he thinks it is.

And why am I even explaining?

"You okay?" tanong ng kasama ko.

"I'm going home."

"Hahatid kita." he offered.

"I'm fine by myself." sabi ko at nagsimula naring maglakad. Naramdaman kong sumusunod siya sa 'kin.

I clenched my fist as I stopped and face him. Hindi ko alam pero biglang uminit ang ulo ko.

"Kelan ka ba makikinig sa 'kin? I said I'm fine by my own and you don't need to escort me home. Can you at least listen to me?"

He looks surprised of my sudden change of mood, "O-okay. I'm sorry."

Napabuntong hininga nalang ako at muling naglakad. "Thanks for the clothes anyway."

--

Pumasok ako mula sa bintana ng dorm ni Paxton at naabutan ko siyang nakahiga sa sofa. Hindi na siya nagulat sa 'kin dahil sanay narin naman siya.

I sit down and wait for him to speak. It took a minute bago pa siya nagsalita.

"Tapos ka na?" he asked.

I didn't bother to answer instead I grab some books from his shelves. He's in a bad mood again.

"I can't imagine you do those kind of things to a guy you just met." sabi niya.

Hindi ko siya pinansin as I flip the page from the book I'm reading.

"Wala kasi sa personality mo. Hindi bagay."

Patuloy parin ako sa pagbabasa.

"Akala ko iba ka."

I snapped and close the book and face him. "Ano bang kailangan mo?" diretsa kong tanong.

He scoffed at pumunta sa mini kitchen niya upang kumuha ng maiinom. "Wala."

"Kung iniisip mo yung kanina, wala 'yun. Some students spilled her ice cream on my shirt kaya napilitan akong bumili. There are no other booths around that sells clothes so I have no choice. And I have no business with him. He just came when someone was bullying me." paliwanag ko.

"So some students too spilled another ice cream on your boyfriend's shirt? That student must be very clumsy."

I rolled my eyes. Stupid as it seems but I just asked the most ridiculous question I did at the moment.

"Wait, are you jealous?"

Napabuga siya bigla sa iniinom niya and he started to laugh like everything's funny. Whatever.

"Hahaha! Nabibingi na yata ako. Anong sabi mo? Hahaha!" he's holding his stomach while laughing at naluluha pa.

Napatigil ako habang tinitignan siyang tumatawa parin. Why are there sparkling things around him? Wala namang nag-iba sa mukha niya but something's in there that's attracting me. I touched my chest nang biglang bumilis na naman ang tibok ng puso ko. I don't sense any danger at all pero bakit bumibilis ito?

"Sino bang magkakagusto sa mukha mong 'yan?" he insults me like I'm not his Mistress.

I smirked and cross my legs habang sumandal sa sofa.

"Kahit ganito ang mukha ko may nabihag na ako. How much more if I remove my disguise? Baka pati ikaw maglaway."

"I don't know that you have that overflowing confidence. Alzena's a perfect girl for me." sabi niya.

Naramdaman kong parang gusto kong pumatay ngayon. What if I kill my familiar right now? Bubuhayin naman siya siguro ni Kiyan. I don't know pero parang bumigat ang pakiramdam ko at yun nga, I have this urge to kill someone.

"Anong sasabihin mo?" Pag-iiba ko ng topic.

He smiled sheepishly na parang nanalo siya. "Speaking of Alzena, hindi na siya makakalaban sa pageant bukas dahil sa injury na natamo niya."

Naalala ko naman yung kahapon na pinag-usapan nila. Mukhang alam ko na kung saan 'to pupunta.

Napataas ako ng kilay, "So? Iiyak na ba ako?"

He gave me a death glare at patuloy na nag-explain. "So we decided that you will be her substitute since you are the reason why she’s badly injured."

Napabuga nalang ako ng hangin, "Me? Hindi ba ikaw naman ang may gawa 'non? Kung saan tatama na ang atake niya sa 'kin, you left the bench with speed to the point that you're almost invisible. You used your counter ability kaya yung atake niya na dapat sa 'kin ay bumalik sa kanya. Tama ako di ‘ba?"

Natahimik siya bigla at kunot-noong tinignan ako.

"How did you—”

"I am your Mistress Paxton. We are connected kaya alam ko kung ano ang pinangagawa mo. So if you're threatening me because of that, go and find someone else. I know what you have in mind."

Bumalik ulit ang walang emosyon niyang mukha as his cold eyes stares at me.

"Kailan mo pa ba matatanggap ang lahat Shea? Wala ka ba talagang intensyon na pamunuan ang kaharian mo sa baba?"

Bumilis na naman ang tibok ng puso ko as he mentioned my name. Damn those cold voice. Tinignan ko rin siya, "We've talked about this. I said I need more time."

"You need more time? When will you accept everything? When it's too late? Can't you see? The demon clan wants you and your powers. Things are not the same as before Shea. Kailangan mo nang kumilos. Kung hindi marami pang inosente ang madadamay dito. Who knows, malay mo target ka rin pala nila dito."

"So you want me to join the pageant to let everyone know that I'm the queen of the Underworld?"

He sips a cup of tea bago sya muling magsalita, "They won't recognize you right away."

I sighed, "Yeah they won't. Pero mag-iiba ang tingin nila sa 'kin. They will start to like me, gusto nilang makipagkaibigan. Then what? Makikipag plastikan? Makikisipsip? Then they'll be the enemy's target. Wala na ngang mabuting maidudulot, magpapabigat pa. It's better to be alone because you don't need to think of others. You only care about yourself."

Bigla siyang tumayo at lumapit sa may pintuan. Saan na naman 'to pupunta?

"Talaga? Bakit hindi ba ganyan na ang nangyayari ngayon?"

He said and left me inside.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Naglalakad si Paxton palabas ng dorm. As he went outside, most of the girls were already staring at him because of his unlikely god-like features and his oozing sex appeal. No wonder he became one of the hearthrob in the campus. Yun nga lang hindi nila alam na isang demonyo pala ang hinahangaan nila.

Dinaanan niya lang ang mga ito at dire-diretsong pumunta sa west wing kung saan ang favorite spot ng kanyang mistress. He wants to unwind for all the tiring days that has passed.

Umupo siya sa isang malaking sanga sa mataas na bahagi ng puno.

"Kelan kaya ako makakabalik?" he whispered to himself.

May kinuha siyang isang brooch na bulaklak ang itsura sa kanyang bulsa, "I hope you're happy now." he said as he drifted off to sleep.

Naalimpungatan siya dahil sa isang matigas na bagay na tumama sa kanyang sikmura. He opened his eyes to see a blurr image of a guy in front of him.

He tried to move his arms and legs only to find out that it was tied up. Doon na siya tuluyang nagising at nakita ang walang emosyong mukha ni Kiyan sa harapan niya.

He kicked his face making one of his teeth flew. Napabuga ng dugo si Paxton. The moon is their only source of light.

"What do you want?" Paxton glared at Kiyan.

Instead of having a decent response, isang malakas na suntok ang tumama sa kanyang mukha. Paxton spitted blood pero nakuha niya parang asarin ito ng mga ngiti niya.

"Mukhang alam mo na." he grinned looking at Kiyan.

Kiyan remains emotionless while staring at his hostage.

"I only did my job." dagdag nito.

"What is a demon fox doing here in my territory?" tanong ng Master.

Paxton unconsciously shifted into his original form kaya nakilala siya ni Kiyan. And once he shifted, the energy coming from him becomes stronger making the Master notice it.

"I'm here for my Mistress." he answered.

Kiyan remains in silence while observing every detail of the demon fox. White hair with two fox ears above his head, sharp claws, huge tail, and crimson eyes.

"What you did during the match was prohibited. And what you did to my familiar was unforgivable. You must receive proper judgement."

Biglang kinabahan si Ren. Hindi dahil sa buhay niya kundi dahil sa mararamdaman ni Shea kapag nawala siya. Light is the weakness of dark. And when he says judgement, it's either he'll just disappear out of nowhere or will be cursed by the god.

Wala syang kalaban-laban. There's no way the familiar of darkness can stand against the Master of Light. Even he uses all his powers and abilities, wala parin siyang laban.

"I am only doing my job as a familiar. Perhaps you know what familiars do."

Hindi siya sinagot ni Kiyan. He tried to untie the chains and ropes around him but it only wounded him. Kiyan used a special ability to tie those ropes so he won't be able to escape.

"Alam ba niya na si Shea ang Mistress? But Sarah assured me that she gave Shea a protective necklace to prevent the light from sensing her." sa isip ni Ren.

May biglang lumabas na nakakasilaw na liwanang mula kay Kiyan. It concentrated on the right hand of the master until it slowly formed into a staff. A golden staff with a golden leaf on the end.

He can't imagine Shea being in a cold and heartless woman again once she discovered that he'll die or will be cursed. I know she can't afford to lose another person close to her and that makes her being succumb by darkness. She'll hate the world again.

"Don't you want the world to be balanced? Why do you want to kill her familiar?"

Despite of his situation, Ren still managed to ask those questions to the Master.

Kiyan raised his staff and pointed it to Ren.

"Who told you that I'll kill you? I'm the disciple of light. If I will kill someone, then that should be your Mistress." for a very rare scenario, Kiyan grinned as the light from his staff unleashed towards the demon.

It looks harmless but considering that it came from the second strongest creature in the universe, this might be the end.

Hindi man niya na-gets ang huling sinabi ni Kiyan ay imbis na pumikit ay ginamit niya ang lahat ng alam niya by means of creating a barrier.

The light was inches away when there came a sudden explosion. He thought that it already struck him pero wala siyang kahit anong galos.

He saw a girl in front of him. A hair dark as night waves slowly reaching her waist from the back. A fashion which seems familiar, a skin whose pale and tiny hands holding a sword that can destroy everything.

No doubt.

It's her Mistress.

Her Mistress with no disguise. She's in her true form. And she's here saving him.

Nakita niyang napatayo si Kiyan dahil sa ginawa niyang counter attack. There was a glimpse of excitement on his face while staring at his fellow disciple.

Bumaling si Shea kay Ren and she caught him just staring at her.

"What you did to my familiar was unforgivable. Perhaps you might be judged as well?" Shea spoke coldly.

"Akala ko ba pinag-usapan na natin 'to? I told you that you'll wait for the match. But I believe that there's a foul play going on in here."

Kiyan grinned once again, "I've been waiting for you."

Shea stared at him blankly, "Don't make me angry my fellow disciple if you don't want me to turn this place into ashes."

"Nah, I have no plans. I only want to see you. You really resemble her."

Napabuga ng hangin si Shea, "Hurting my familiar is a logical way to summon me disciple."

Muli niyang binaling ang atensyon kay Ren sa likuran.

"Let's settle our match the day after tommorow. Don't ever hurt my familiar again if you don't want me to turn 'something' into 'nothing'. And once I did my job, even the God of Light, can't restore it."

Kasing lamig ng yelo ang boses ni Shea nang sabihin niya ang mga salitang 'yun. Paxton never saw her Mistress like this before. And he doesn’t want to see her like this again.

Shea touched the chain and ropes that are tied to her familiar at unti-unti itong naging abo.

"Fine. I'll join the pageant." she whispered and teleported together with her familiar.

👑👑 👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 2.7K 46
What will you do when you suddenly got reincarnated in second time? What will happen if a man got reincarnated as a woman in his second reincarnation...
10.3K 493 63
When Monarch High students discuss intelligence and dominance, it's always between Hurricane and Wynd. Their feud escalates to the point where their...
7.6M 260K 81
A school where killing is the only way for students to graduate. Four Factions, Four Captains, One weapon. Date Started: March 2017 Date Finished: Ju...
4.4K 302 23
[COMPLETED] Zoe Hulien, an ordinary girl whose only dream is to enter Agate Academy. At the day she steps in, she uncovers the past of its old studen...