Blue Knight of Heart

By JharedS

Liam thought nothing of his recurring dream, but when he saw the house from his dream and entered it, everyth... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter Three

122 4 0
By JharedS

    The road going to the town of Cuore was filled with great sceneries. Forests surrounded the road and the sounds of birds chirping were clear. It was such a great experience for Liam. He was enjoying every second of it. He was riding at the back of the jeep with Ethan. He tried standing up a few times but Ethan would always pull him down. Theola was sitting in the passenger seat talking with Warren. Liam wondered if Warren is the one that Theola likes.

            They were welcomed by the town mayor, Benedict McCarthy. Mayor Benedict seemed so nice to them, he was so warm in his welcome that Liam thought it was out of the ordinary. The town of Cuore looked so peaceful, it was rather big and had all the amenities that anyone living there would need, a hospital, school, church, and different shops. It was not a rustic or old town as well,, it was a bit modern.

            The Mayor explained to Liam that the town was three years younger than the resorts in Hart, it was first a settlement for the employees of the resorts, but as resorts and other facilities grew so was the town. Liam also found out why the Mayor was so kind to them; the Hendrix family was one of the major sponsors of the town itself.

            After their hearty breakfast, Theola walked them around the town. She was born there and only left a few years ago to work. Hart wasn’t too far away from the mainland, so it was also convenient to continue living there while working, but there were too many bad memories that she wanted to forget, that’s why she left. When Liam heard that form Theola, he wondered what happened for her to leave her hometown.

            Theola invited them to her home. Her father welcomed them. Adrian Moore was a local policeman, tall and muscular, and he seemed to be in a close relationship with Warren, they talked casually to each other. Liam was not comfortable being in that house, Adrian was watching him carefully. For some reason, Adrian was intently examining every inch of Liam. He wanted to say something, but he held it back for the sake of Theola.

            The Moore’s house was very western traditional, it looked very cozy. There was a huge fireplace in the far end of the living room. The living area looked exactly the same as the one in his vision. The coffee was there as well.

            The vision he had the night before wasn’t as foreboding as the first one he had. To be honest, he didn’t really understood why he had to see that vision. He didn’t know what it was trying to say. Not like the first one that had a clear message –to save Freya- the second vision sent a mixed message to Liam. Was he supposed to stop that from happening like the first one?

            They went to the forest to have lunch by the river that day with Theola and her father. Liam was ecstatic to be there. “And you said there’s nothing to see here at all.” He said bitterly at Warren and Ethan. He was near the river feeling the cold water on his bare feet while the others were busy preparing for their lunch.

            “Alright, alright. Just get here before something happens to you.” Ethan said as he and Warren prepared the fire pit.

            “Let him be.” Warren said in a kind tone. “Just don’t go any farther. It’s dangerous in that river.” Warren smiled at Liam.

            “Geez… you two are such worrywarts. I’m not a kid anymore, you know. And I’ve never heard of anyone drowning in an ankle deep river before.” Liam complained as he walked away from the river. He saw Adrian staring at him again. He was beginning to feel more uncomfortable.

            “I’m going to get some more firewood.” Liam couldn’t take Adrian’s stare any longer. He stood up.

            “Where are you going? We don’t need more firewood. Liam! It’s dangerous, get back here.” Ethan called him back.

            Liam looked back. “No need for firewood huh. Then I’ll hunt a deer that we could eat.” He said sarcastically then he walked away.

            Liam didn’t walk too far away from the others, as he walked he heard footsteps behind him. “He looked back and saw Adrian following him. “Do you need something?”

            “It’s dangerous out here and your cousins are worried for you, so I told them I’ll after you instead.”

            Liam decided that it was time for him to confront Adrian, to know what the man really wants. “We both know that isn’t the real reason. You’ve been staring at me ever since I got here, could you tell me why?”

            Adrian chuckled at him, and then his expression became a little sadder. “You remind me of someone.”

            Liam got curious, he felt bad for thinking bad about Adrian. “There was this young boy we fostered years ago, he was so much like you, lively, cheerful, adventurous, but had the kindest heart, everyone in the island loved him.”

            “Loved? Did something happen to him?” Liam asked solemnly.

            “He died.” Adrian said sadly.

            “Oh… I’m sorry…” Liam said.

            “Your cousins love you so much and that’s why they’re very protective of you.”

            “I know that.” Liam said kindly with a smile. “And I don’t how I’ll live without them.”

            They went back to have lunch after walking for a few more minutes.  “Did you have fun?” Warren asked as he handed Liam a plate filled with food. “Eat a lot.” He patted Liam on the head.

            “You’re fattening me up.” Liam said. “It’s nice here. I think I would like it here more than the resort.”

            Theola begun giving them drinks, she gave beer to her father, then to Warren, but she simply passed by Ethan. “Hey! Are you probably ignoring me?” Ethan called.

            Theola looked at him. “I just don’t feel like serving drinks to people that I hate.” Theola said bitterly then turned her head away instantly.

            “I’m giving you a last chance… Give me mine.” Ethan warned Theola.

            “Or else what? What? What? What?” Theola said boastfully at Ethan. “If you want some then get your own.” Theola said.

            “Look here… If you give a beer, you’ll regret it. I’ll do the thing I know you would hate the most.”

            “There’s nothing I hate the most than talking to you.” Theola said and then gave Liam a can of beer.

            Ethan stood up and took a beer from ice box. He was standing near Theola. “Don’t say that I didn’t warn you later.” Ethan said threateningly near Theola’s ear.

            “What is exactly your relationship?” Adrian asked Theola and Ethan.

            “Dad!!!” Theola protested.

            Warren was smiling at Ethan’s surprised expression. “Mr. Moore, I definitely have no relationship with your daughter, so you don’t have to worry.” Ethan said with conviction.

            “Who said I’m worried. I’ll give you her hand happily if you ask for it.” Adrian said and then drunk his beer.

            “What?!!!” Ethan reacted.

            “DAD!!!” Theola protested.

            “What are you laughing at?” Ethan asked Warren as he sat down.

            It was the most fun meal Liam had ever had. They group didn’t went back immediately after lunch, Adrian, Warren, and Ethan decided to fish. Liam was watching the three men and he noticed them talking, actually it was more of whispering than talking. “Do you want to join them?” Theola sat beside Liam and handed him some more beer.

            “You’re a heavy drinker aren’t you?” Liam asked teasingly as he took the beer. “I’m not good with that kind of things. But your dad seems really good at it, and he seems really close with the both of them, especially Warren.”

            “I guess so.” Theola was careful in answering him.

            “Theola!!! Bring me the ice box!!!” Adrian called with a big fish on his hands. Theola stood up and went to get the ice box.

            Warren saw Liam and walked towards him. Ethan looked back as well but let Warren talk to Liam alone. “Is everything okay?” Warren asked das he sat down beside Liam. He took the beer from Liam and took a sip before giving it back. He smiled at Liam and urged him to speak.

            “Nothing. Everything is perfectly fine. It’s just that this place feels so nostalgic…” Liam had no idea why, he had never been there before, but the town of Cuore and that part of Hart seemed so nostalgic to him. “Have I been here before?” Liam asked seriously. There’s a lot of questions that Liam needed answers to.

            “Liam…” Warren couldn’t look straight at Liam.

            “Warren, please…” Liam sounded so lonely and bothered. “I kept on having this feeling that I have, but I couldn’t be sure. You know there are parts of my past that I couldn’t remember, some memories that I lost. Is being in Hart before one of them?”

            Warren took Liam’s hand and squeezed it. “I want to tell you, I really do. But that’s the last thing I would ever do, because that would be the biggest mistake that I would ever make. Those memories are lost for a reason.” Warren sounded serious. He saw Liam was hurt to get no answer from him. Warren hugged Liam tightly. “Please, just trust me. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to you, so just please, trust me on this one.”

            When they went back to the Moore’s home, Liam was still quiet. His cousins were hiding something from him. He needed to know what it was and why they are trying to hide it from him. He wondered if that was the reason why they tried to keep him away from Cuore and from the island of Hart.

            “Thank you for the great lunch, but we need to go back to the resort before it gets dark.” Warren said thanking Adrian with a smile.

            “I’m not going back.” Liam said and sat on the couch. “I want to stay here.” He said persistently.

            “Liam, don’t be like this, we need to go back.” Ethan said. Warren looked at Liam guiltily.

            “It’s alright, he could stay as long as he likes.” Adrian said.

            “You heard that, I could stay.” Liam said stubbornly.

            “You can’t stay here. Don’t you know ho worried we would be for the whole night?” Ethan tried to convince Liam.

            “If you’re worried, you could stay here too.” Adrian offered Ethan.

            “Dad!!!” Theola protested. “I don’t want to spend the night in the same roof with him.”

            Ethan heard what Theola said and smirked at her. “I’ll gladly accept your offer. Well then, Liam and I would be staying here for the night.” He was obviously trying to piss Theola off after the incident at lunch.

            “You’re doing this to get back at me, aren’t you?” Theola walked closer to Ethan. Ethan only smiled at her. “How childish!” Theola turned away.

            “You two.” Liam pointed at Ethan and then at Theola. “Are you sure there’s nothing going on between the two of you?” Liam said. Theola and Ethan both looked at him with sharp expression. Liam laughed at them.

            Liam saw Warren looking worriedly at him. He felt bad for doing what he did. He simply wanted to know more. “I’m going out for a while.” Liam stood up and walked out.

            “You’re angry at me aren’t you?” Warren asked from behind him. Liam kept walking.

            “I’m not.”

            “Liam…” Warren took his arm and spun him around. “Do you really want to know that badly?” Warren asked with a sad expression.

            “Warren, I’ve lost a whole year of my life’s memories, a whole year. What do you want me to feel? I want to know what happened, what caused it, everything. Do you know how I felt when I woke up four years ago? I felt really stupid and lost. Everything around me changed, I’ve been left behind by the whole world for a year. And to make things worst, my memories prior to being in that coma, was jugged, my mind was puzzle missing a lot of pieces. I want those memories back, no matter how horrible or hurtful it might be, those memories would complete who I am.” Liam was near tears.

            Warren looked at him sadly and then embraced him. “If only I could give you back those memories without hurting you, then I will. But you musty understand, the night before you went into coma, I vowed that I would never let anything or anyone hurt you again. Even if it is you or your old memories, I wouldn’t let it be.” Warren moved away and caressed Liam’s head. “Liam, can’t you just forget the past, and be happy with us?” Then Warren walked away.

            Liam watched warren walked away. He knew that Warren was just trying to protect him, but there was a nagging feeling inside him, telling him that he needed to know his past. Something was telling him that it was important that he remember the past.

            He walked around town to clear his head. He saw and old lady watching him on her house’s patio. The woman then walked closer to him. In his curiosity, he waited for the old woman. The old woman looked at him and then begun speaking. “The boy without fate has return. The lady in blue waited for a long time for you, my son. You must set her free for fate to regain its heart.” Liam was frightened by the old woman. He stepped back and then walked away. “You must set her free!!!” The old woman shouted as he walked away.

            He remembered the lady in his dream, the one wearing the blue dress, Liam wondered if the old woman was talking about her. He wondered if his visions are somehow connected with it. The boy without fate, he wondered what it meant.

            He walked aimlessly around town until he found himself lost. He was in an old part of the town, it felt eerie. He was about to turn back when an old house caught his attention.

            It was a two-story wooden house. It was old and unsound. It looked like it was going to collapse any minute. The grass around the house was growing tall. It was obvious that the house was unmaintained for decades.

            That house looked very familiar to him. He tried to remember where he had seen it before. Then it clicked to him. It was the house in his dreams.

            His feet started moving on its own. Even though he knew that it was a bad idea, his feet kept moving towards the house. He was curious and perplexed on how and why he was having a very vivid dream about that house.

            He walked inside the house and remembered his dream about the two men. The living room was exactly how it was on his dream. He walked closer to the center where the younger man on his dream once stood. He walked the path that the young one took as he tried to get away from his killer.

            He was feeling something very weird. Something pulled him to enter the house.

            “You’re here.” A woman’s voice echoed on the house. It was a beautiful and calming voice. If it was a ghost, how beautiful she would be. “I’ve waited for your return. In exchange for giving you a second life, you must fulfill your promise to me.”

            “Who are you?” Liam had an idea to whom the voice belonged. He just had a gut feeling about it. “Or more appropriately, what are you?”

            Blue little light started gathering in front of Liam until it formed a figure as tall as him. The lights became brighter before shattering around. A lady in blue stood where the figure of light once were. “I am the heart of fate.” She said with a beautiful smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24 0 13
After an entire era, Finally the facade of peace begins to fade A odd child arrives in a simple village. Bringing with a door to worlds of kings and...
83 1 25
The last thing each of them remembers, was the school trip, the next thing they knew, they were born in a new world. As they each struggle to find th...
53.5K 1.3K 19
In a world full of swords, magic and monsters, a young boy awakens alone in a forest with no memory of his past. Soon, he begins his adventure to rec...
21.6K 1K 52
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Acting upon a dare, however, one college student is about to find out. After Avi moved away from his p...