The Grooms Baby- Book 1 [Comp...

By 23amelia

**Book 1 of The Grooms Standalone Series** **Every chapter is edited** When Tasha meets a sexy fireman at a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
~Chapter 11~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~Chapter 13~
~Chatper 14~
~Chapter 15~
~ Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chaptet 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
Epliogue
The Grooms Little Girls - Book 2

~Chapter 38~

9.7K 409 32
By 23amelia

*Edited*

> Could Tasha be having her baby during the rescuing? Or when she's due? But who knows.

Enjoy
😬😬😬😬
________________________

C.J

We were about to drive to the parade. When the ground and the building shook hard.

"Earthquake, everybody out," I yelled at everyone. They all rushed outside just in case the firehouse collapsed. Hearing all the alarm sounds coming from each vehicle.

That was my first time feeling an earthquake. Still feeling the ground shake. Seeing people coming out of their buildings and standing in the middle of the road.

The first thought that came to mind was Tasha. I hope she's still at home and hasn't left yet.

Seeing bricks breaking from the wall of the building and falling to the ground. Hearing people yelling.

The shaking stop. But for how long?

I ran straight in to grab my iPhone and called her. It rang.

"Come on, come on, pick up." Whispering to myself.

"Hi, this is Tasha Ford. I can't come to the phone right, but if you leave your name, phone number and a message. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

Hearing a beeping noise.

"Hey, Tash. It's C.J call me as soon as you get this, please." Panicking now. I hope she's somewhere safe.

Then I called my mom next. I hope she's with them.

"Mom is Tasha with you?" I had no time to say hi.

"No, she's with your sister. Did you try calling her?"

"Yeah, I did, but it went straight to voicemail. I'll call Jane."

"You be careful, you hear me." The panic in her voice says she's scared.

"I will. I want you and dad to get to safety."

"We will, honey. Go find her. Bye, son. Love you." My mom's voice was a little upsetting, but worried.

"Love you and dad. I'll call after. Bye." I hanged up and called my sister.

"Corey." She sobs into the phone. Which got me panic even more.

"Is Tasha with you?" I ask her.

"No." She whispered into the phone.

"Where are you?" Please be somewhere safe.

"Tasha was meeting with her boss, the building shook. Bonnie and I got out before it collapses." I remember Tasha telling me that last night.

"Okay. I'm on my way. Go somewhere safe. I'll be in touch." I hung up without saying goodbye.

Once I'm done coming out of the room. I see my team gathering around the table.

"I need to my girlfriend's work right now." I was getting a little frustrated. Every second we waste is someone is dying.

"Corey settled down. There are three blocks of buildings that are collapsed and dangerous. We can't just bring our trucks in there." The chief knew I was getting frustrated and worried sick. Gripping my shirt so I wouldn't walk past him.

"When had the last contact with her?" He asks again and his grip loosens.

"Last night, but I tried calling her and it went to voicemail. My sister was with her. Tasha had to meet her boss at her and then the building collapse. I need to find her now." I was furious and worried at the same time.

"Okay everybody, listen up. Bring extra gear with us. We are going to be headed to where Corey's girlfriends work. Let's go." The chief said out loud.

We gathered extra flashlights, shovels, ropes, and axes. I prayed on the way there. Hoping she was alive and safe.

"The other fire stations, police officers, and paramedics are at the scene of the collapsed buildings." Our chief said through the radio.

"Our number one job right now is to find Corey's girl and the others who are trapped in that building." He added as he radioed us.

The traffic was slow on the way there, probably people trying to get out of the city before another earthquake hits. I guess we are getting redirected. The police officer who was on the road was pointing to the downtown area. Where Tasha works.

Our chief vehicle was in front of us.

"We will be expecting more firefighters, paramedics, police officers, and search and rescue to join us." He said through the radio.

As we got closer to the site of the collapse buildings. All the bricks and other wood coming from the buildings were covering the road. People were walking around the area. Which was dangerous because who knows when the city will get another shock wave.

"This is how far we go. Everybody gears up, bring extra equipment and we will walk from here." Our chief said.

As I got out of the truck. Adrenaline rush through me. It gave me energy not to stop until she's in my arms.

Seeing all the other firefighters, paramedics, and search and rescue from the buildings that are collapsing. Then seeing all the injured getting seen by the paramedics.

I hope my sister and Bonnie get somewhere safe.

Our chief was talking with someone on the radio. Walking through the rumble of bricks from the buildings.

It looks like a war scene everywhere around. Hearing people crying and yelling. Tasha's work was in the middle of all this.

"Okay, guys, the police chief said that San Jose and Oakland got hit too and the areas are probably the same damage as we got here, if not more. We have teams coming from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Fresno, and Suceramedo. That are going helping us. The earthquake hits us and the other two cities." He radioed us.

We kept walking until we stop. Some many thoughts in my mind.

"Corey, we are here," Tim said.

I look up to see the building she works at destroyed. It looked like one floor instead of four. All the bricks, drywalls, and furniture sticking out.

"Chief, can we get a crane right now?" I ask him.

"I'll call it in." He nodded his head and walked away from us.

Walking towards the collapsed building. Trying to find a way to get in. Then seeing the windows which are not broken. Maybe if I can get a look-see and look inside.

"Sam, get me the ladder," I ordered him and other co-workers to help.

"I'm going to take a look inside," I said to them.

We lightly put the ladder against the broken wall of the building. Taking the lead up the ladder. Taking each step slower. It takes me closer to get to Tasha.

As I got up to the window. Seeing the flooring, the furniture, and lots of bricks. I climbed back down.

"I see a lot of flooring and bricks. It should be secure as we remove the bricks. And with help of the crane if we can get it. Now I need some muscular arms with me." Explaining to them.

"I'm in."

"Me too."

"Count me in."

"You will need these too," Rick said as he flexes his arms at us.

We laugh as he was trying to lighten up the mood.

"Corey, we have a crane coming but.... it's going to be awhile." Hearing the bit word means is wrong.

"How long?" Asking him.

"At least an hour, maybe longer." I could tell that he was hesitant to say that to me.

"She doesn't have time for me to wait. I need to go in there right and get her. I'm not waiting for the crane to come." Demanding my concerns to him.

"If you were me, what would you do?" Asking the chief, the question and he was thinking about it.

"I would go in there and get her myself." Agreeing with me.

"So do you have a plan, Corey?"

"Yeah, a few guys and I are going up to the window. Removing the bricks first and work our way from there." That's my plan.

I'm coming to get you, Tash.

Tasha

I was hoping this was all a bad dream. A really bad nightmare. Hoping that C.J will wake me up any second.

But it wasn't.

Lifting my heavy eyelids. I see that I was in an elevator but it was on its side. My head was feeling heavy. Dam my neck hurts.

I slowly brought my hand to my belly, hoping to feel a kick or something. Please don't make my baby go. Praying in my head.

Then finally felt a kick. A strong kick. It made me smile.

Getting up slowly so I was in a sitting position. Taking deep breaths. Then I felt something warm on the left side of my face. Bringing my hand up to that area slowly. I'm trying not to freak out.

My fingertips feeling the warmth and a wet feeling. From that moment, I knew that was blood.

Brought my hand in front of my face to see blood.

Scooting myself back so I was leaning against the wall.

Think, Tasha. Think.

Looking around inside the elevator to see anything can help me find help? Or away out of here?

Then I finally noticed an emergency phone. Scooting myself that way. Opening the little door and bringing it up to my ear.

Hearing nothing. No dial tones.

"Just fucking great." Placing the phone on the ground.

Looking around to see if I brought my purse with me. Then I remember, I left it in my vehicle.

Damn your pregnancy brain. Always forgetful.

Trying not to freak myself out. Do not stress. Do not stress. I kept telling myself.

Okay. I'm fucking stressing.

Looking at the ceiling and there's an emergency trap door. Crawling on all fours. Lifting the handle and a few bricks came right in.

Seeing a lot of bricks, metal, and drywall. Moving the bricks to the side. Trying to listen if I can hear anything.

Nothing. Just silence. Closing it back up.

Taking deep breaths. In and out.

Sitting back against the wall. Closing my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

Then I noticed wetness between my legs. It felt warm.

Oh shit.

Please don't tell me. My water broke.

Please tell me I exactly peep myself.

Grabbing my dress and pulling it up to my tights. Using my two fingers to the warm wetness between my legs. Bringing it up to my nose. I can't believe I'm doing this. Smelling this fluid that's on my fingertips.

It smelt sweet. It didn't smell like urine.

Oh fucking shit.

My water just broke.

I need to get out of here now. Having a baby being in here is not good.

Crawling towards the emergency door. Opening it.

"Hello," I yelled out loud.

Feeling more fluid coming out slowly. I better not jinx that a single contraction hasn't started yet.

Or else I'll be in real trouble.

"Hello. Can anybody hear me?"

After screaming and yelling for ten minutes. Nothing. No one answer.

Then I felt a cramp. Oh no. Not now.

Please, not now.

Cramps came more and more. I was thinking to myself, it can't be that fast. Usually, with your first child, your labour is long and hard. But every labour is different for every woman.

Breathing in and out for cramps or contractions that I'm having.

Then I hear movement outside of the elevator. Hearing big stomps above me.

"Hello. Can anyone hear me?" I yelled out for whoever was above me.

"Tasha, is that you?" Hearing that voice made me tear up a bit. But I didn't know where above me is that coming from.

"C.J, I'm down here," I yelled out to answer him.

"Keep talking and we will get to you. Okay, Tasha. Keep talking." Hearing him made felt at ease.

"Is Jane and Bonnie alright?" I had to ask.

"There are fine and safe." He spoke. Oh, thank God.

"How about your-" A big contraction or cramp hit me fast.

Holy shit.

Breathing in and out until it fainted away.

"Tasha, are you alright? Remember to keep talking." He probably noticed that I was cut off from talking.

"C.J, you better hurry. I think I'm in early labour here."

"What do you mean you're in early labour?" He sounded shocked when I said that I might be in early labour.

"Well, let's just say my water broke not too long ago." Feeling more of the wetness coming out.

Now I'm feeling every cramping, becoming a bit more intense. It feels like terrible period cramps.

"How far are your contractions, Tasha?" He asks me.

"I'm not sure. Probably every one to two minutes now. It feels like a bad period cramp. And I'm feeling wetter down there." Replying to his question.

Then I feel a cramp coming. Breathing in and out. Holy shit, that was intended. C.J and I talk back and forth for a while. He got closer and closer to me.

These cramps are turning contraction. Feeling my stomach harden, it felt like cement in my stomach.

I feel like this baby is going to be coming soon. Every contraction is bringing this baby down. It feels like I have to poop or something.

"C.J hurry. This baby is going to come soon." This new sensation down is freaking me out.

"Do you have the urge to push? Or do you feel pressure?"

"Just pressure and it feels uncomfortable. Please hur-" I was hit with another hard contraction.

Taking deep breaths.

Then suddenly I had a really bad urge to push. Closing my legs so I wouldn't give birth yet.

"C.J I feel like pushing." Oh, please. Stay in there until we get to the hospital and then you can come out.

"We are almost there Tasha, remember to take deep breaths."

I need to be laid down on my side. Slowly moving to my side before I get another contraction.

"Ohhhhhh..........fucckkkk." Screaming in pain as I was hit with a harder one. The pressure down made me want to push.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH." I just ended and know another one started.

"Tasha I'm here." Hearing him crawl to my side. Grabbing my hands into his.

"We need to go now, Tasha."

"I can't C.J. It hurts so bad."

Gripping his hand as another hit of contraction. Screaming in pain.

"I need to push." Saying to him.

"Tash, you need to lie on your back. Get a paramedic down here quick, she will not make it to the hospital." Seeing him take into his radio in the last part.

I lay my back on something soft and it must be his jacket.

Taking deep breaths.

I see a few men in here with me and C.J.

Oh, great. Now I'll have eyes down there as I give birth.

Hearing someone come through the emergency door. I see it was the paramedic that C.J called. Thank God it was a woman.

"Hi, Tasha. I'm Emilia, I'm a paramedic. Is it okay if I check how far along you are?" She asks, and I nodded my head.

She grabs the sheet and throws them over to cover my bottom half. She removes my panties.

"Just wait." The pain in my face says it.

"A contraction." Nodding at her question.

Screaming in pain.

"I got to push." Saying out loud.

Seeing her look underneath the blanket and she looked back at me.

"The baby is right there. It has a head full of dark hair." She said and C.J chuckle. Kissing my forehead.

"Our baby is almost here." He whispered against my head.

"C.J we an ambulance here on standby." Hearing that voice coming from his radio.

"Okay, wait for our call." He talks to that man on the other side of the radio.

With another contraction coming. I needed to push.

"Push if you feel like pushing." She told me.

I pushed as I yelled. Feeling the burn down there.

"Tasha, stop. The head is out."

C.J looked down. His face was priceless. The smile on his face says it all. Gave me a quick kiss on my lips.

Why does it burn? I ask myself.

I can feel her do something down there.

"Okay, Tasha. On the next contraction. I need you to take a hard push."

"Okay." Whispering at her.

When the contraction was about to come. I push with all my might. Yelling and screaming.

Then all the pain was gone.

Hearing a little cry.

She put my baby in my chest. Oh wow, she or he had a lot of dark hair.

I had tears in my eyes.

"What is it?" I ask."

Emilia picks one of the baby's legs so I can see the gender. I see it was a boy.

My boy. My son.

"He's finally here," C.J said. He was looking at our son, who was lying on my chest.

"It's a boy, chief." He said through the radio. Then I could hear all the cheering above us.

I got sleepy. Feeling cold.

"C.J I need to take the baby from her." The fear in her voice says it.

"What's going on?" He gently grabs him off of my chest.

"She's losing a lot of blood."

"What does that mean?"

"It means she hemorrhaging. She needs to go to the hospital now."

"Hang on Tasha." Hearing the last words coming from him.

_______________________

Vote
&
Comment

She finally had her baby boy.

I wonder what his name is going to be? Give me some boys names.

What do you readers think of this chapter?

Until next time.

This story is almost over.😫😫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 4.2K 18
BOOK 5.5 BETTY'S NOVELLA *SPOILERS AHEAD* Finding out you're pregnant backstage at the Brit Awards was not how Betty saw it happening. After three mo...
74.5K 2K 24
From losing my mom at a young age, to foster care, and being on my own, I've always been alone. Never having anyone, but my own company to keep. I ke...
444K 29.6K 76
-| you, me and the baby makes three |- "I want another baby" "What's wrong with the one we've already got?" "Nothing. I just want another one." "Ca...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...