The War of the Alphas: Book 1...

By booklings21

"The war is coming." "What should we do?" "The only thing we can do. Hope that it doesn't destroy us as i... More

Characters Part 1
The War of the Alphas
Excerpt
1| Crown Pack
2| Lycan Pack
3| Crown Pack
4| Lycan Pack
5| Lycan Pack
6| Crown Pack
7| Lycan Pack
8| Crown Pack
9| Lycan Pack
10| Lycan Pack
11| Crown Pack
12| Lycan Pack
13| Lycan Pack
14| Lycan Pack
15| Crown Pack
16| Lycan Pack
17| Crown Pack
18| Lycan Pack
19| Lycan Pack
20| Crown Pack
21| Lycan Pack
22| Lycan Pack
Characters Part 2
23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack
24| Crown Pack
25| Crown Pack
26| Lycan Pack
27| Lycan Pack (Mature)
28| Lycan Pack
29| Rogue/Summit Pack
30| Rogue
31| Summit Pack
32| Summit Pack
33| Red Moon Pack
34| Lycan Pack
35| Red Moon Pack
36| Lunar Claw Pack
37| Lycan Pack
38| Lunar Claw Pack
39| Red Moon Pack
40| Crown Pack
41| Lycan Pack
42| Phoenix Pack
43| Lunar Claw Pack
44| Red Moon Pack
45| Lycan Pack
46| Phoenix Pack
47| Lunar Claw Pack
49| Phoenix Pack
50| Red Moon Pack
51| Lycan Pack
52| Phoenix Pack
The Terminator
53: Lycan Pack
Explanation and Advice

48| Red Moon Pack

1.3K 91 28
By booklings21

Red Moon Pack: Alpha Zelus

Asena's POV

It's only been a couple days since Octavian has arrived to our pack, but already he is causing everything to shift sideways.

For one, he's been sleeping on the ground floor of Alpha Zelus's house meaning that we are never alone, which is a good thing.

Two, he has caused quite the stir in the pack, people either hate him or love him, and have no problem telling him. Already, he has had to make three different wolves submit to him, because they thought they could challenge him. Mated male wolves won't let their females anywhere near him, fathers have been locking up their own daughters even.

And third, he has made Zelus change completely. No longer does he make me follow him everywhere he goes, or make it obvious that he wants to touch me. He's been keeping his distance from me, spending more time to catch up with his younger brother.

Alpha Zelus is happier now, not wearing his usual blank faced expression that he usually does. Sometimes, I even see him smile, really smile, and it makes my own walls crack. When he shows that side of himself, it reminds me that maybe he isn't so bad after all. Maybe this thing between us could actually work out.

In the morning I wake up to find Alpha Zelus missing from bed, just as he has been since Octavian arrived. They're always in the woods training with each other, coming back with bruises and cuts, and full set grins.

I decide to make breakfast for them when they get home, since I know they'll be hungry. If there isn't food set out in front of them then they'll take whatever they can find in the fridge, usually the stuff I like.

I set their plates of food down on the breakfast table at the same time they walk through the back door.

"Have you been cooking," Zelus asks, looking stunned as he walks inside, his brother tailing behind him. Both of course, have bruised faces that will heal by the end of the day. I notice blood on Zelus's neck, above his mark that I gave him. Octavian must have taken control for a bit, that's probably why he's wincing as he walks.

"Yeah," I smile slightly, not having to force it. If Zelus is as nice as he's been to me since Octavian has arrived, then I want to try with him, like he has been with me.

"I've made breakfast for you two. Eggs, fruit, sausages, bacon, ham, and every other piece of meat I could find in the fridge that would sound good for the morning." The toaster shoots out four pieces of golden brown toast. I smile back at the two brothers who are looking at their plates in hunger. "And toast. I'll get you cups of water too."

They dig into their food as I fill up two full glasses of water for them. I place it in front of them both. Octavian smirks and winks at me, like he has been for the past couple of days. I've noticed that he's always joking around with people he likes, but when someone nears him that definitely doesn't have his favor, Octavian's entire mood will change like the flick of a light switch.

I look over at my mate, watching the way his strong jaw moves back and forth as he eats. I have a sudden urge to kiss that jaw of his, and work my way down. All of the sudden, Zelus stops chewing and his eyes land on me.

I swallow my fear, realizing I've been caught. I didn't realize that I let my guard down, letting him into my thoughts. That only happens when I'm weak, and I haven't been in weeks.

Octavian muffles his cough, catching both of our attentions. "Thank you Asena," he murmurs with a mouth full of food. "It's really good."

"Thank you," I smile genuinely. "Would you like more bacon?" I look at his plate, noticing there isn't any left. Quickly, he swipes the remaining three pieces from Zelus's plate.

"There," Octavian smiles, "I got some."

Zelus growls, reaching over and trying to steal his bacon back. Octavian speedily plops all three pieces in his mouth at one time, nearly choking. Zelus growls, showing his anger at his brother's antics as he sits back in his seat.

"Don't worry," I chuckle, planting my hand on Zelus's bare wrist. He freezes under my touch, looking at my fingers like they've grown their own heads. I keep my mind open to him, letting him see my thoughts towards him right now: how handsome he looks with his hair messed up like that, how I love seeing his softer side with his brother, how I want to try to make him happy.

"I'll make some more for you honey." I get up from the chair, pulling my touch back from him. I smile to myself as I prepare to cook the rest of the bacon. For the first time in weeks I'm feeling happy. When I woke up this morning I didn't feel lost or empty like I have been.

I think it's because Zelus has been giving me the distance I so badly needed. Now I'm finding my way back to him. Sure, we still have some hills to get over, but now I want to actually try to conquer them, unlike what I've been doing recently, which is just silently brooding about them, hoping they disappear, along with Zelus.

As soon as I finish the next round of bacon, Zelus shoots up from his seat. The wood scratches across the tile as he pushes the chair away from him, standing to his monstrous height. He won't meet my eyes as he excuses himself from the table.

"I'm actually full and they need me at the pack building. I'll be home late tonight," he mumbles, practically running out the back door.

My eyes move to his brother in shock and confusion. Octavian simply shrugs his shoulders and makes his way to me. "It's probably his wolf trying to take control. My brother was surely blessed by the Moon Goddess to have a mate such as beautiful as you."

I avoid eye contact, feeling my face flush.

Octavian's hand brushes against my waist, making me jump a foot away from him. He looks at me oddly,  before picking up the plate of sizzling bacon beside his hand. "Why are you so jumpy?"

My face turns beat red with embarrassment at my overreaction. Octavian catches on pretty quickly and begins to chuckle. "That's a whole new level of loyalty. My brother doesn't deserve you," he mutters, staring out the window with a clenched jaw.

I clear my throat, trying to rid the tension in the air.

He shakes his head, snapping himself back into reality. He turns his head in my direction with a wide grin. "Would you like to join me while I go visit an old friend of mine? I haven't said hello to her yet, and I just know she's about to conjure up some kind of curse on me."

"Curse?"

With the plate of bacon in one hand, and his other upon my shoulder, he guides us out of the kitchen. "She tells everyone she's a witch," he laughs. "The only thing she is, is absolutely crazy."

A memory strikes me from not so long ago. Lying in Ryan's arms as I prepared to take my final breaths, the pack doctor telling him that there is a witch in Red Moon pack that could make us mates, so I could survive Ryan's mark.

Wes took control of the situation and carried me all the way to Red Moon Pack, but he didn't get far beyond their territory line before we were attacked. He had to kill a wolf to save me, which got us locked up. I still don't know how I survived Ryan's mark if the witch never helped me. Maybe because I was closer to my real mate, and the short distance between us healed me?

My mind wanders from the witch to Wes, my friend. My heart breaks as I think of him. When I asked about him, Zelus would only tell me that he sent him back to Summit Pack and I couldn't ever speak to him again. I didn't want to argue with him, although I was upset with that decision, but it was better than Wes meeting his death, as was promised by Zelus.

Octavian leads me to the truck parked in the driveway, making me wonder where this witch lived exactly. Sensing my question, Octavian says, "Like I said, she's crazy. She's lives far away, up north by herself and her adoptive daughter. It will take about an hour to get there by car." He opens the passenger side door and helps me in, even buckling me up.

"Are you sure this is okay," I whisper, as his hands reach around my waist to lock the seat belt in place. "Won't your brother be mad that we're alone together?"

Octavian's blue eyes meet mine, sparking with danger. "Of course, but let me deal with him. He deserves this, besides, I want to get to know my new sister." His wide grin makes me give him one of my own. I don't know why, but I feel free around him. It must be his personality, because I see the same feelings in Zelus and anyone of his old friends that comes to visit.

He hops behind the driver seat, putting his plate of bacon between us. I giggle as he wraps the seatbelt around it, keeping it in place. He gives me a smirk, turning on the car.

"Trust me, once we hit the country road you'll see why my precious bacon needed to be buckled in." He pulls the truck out of the drive way at an alarming speed. With a playful grin he looks at me and says, "Now let's see how fast my brother's truck can go, shall we?"

...

"And I need you," he sings, pointing at me.

"And I miss you," I sing back.

"And now I wonder," we belt out together, the wind causing my hair to fly in all directions.

"If I could fall, into the sky, do you think time, would pass me by," Octavian sings, completely off key, making me belly laugh.

"Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles, if I could just see you, tonight," we scream together as the car jolts to a stop.

"Who gave you a driver's license," I laugh, noticing we're in front of a small cabin covered in plants and flowers. It looks like the stone house was grown from the ground, just like the wild life surrounding it.

"No one," Octavian admits, all too happy, as he jumps out of the truck. He comes around to my side, grabbing my waist and sets me on the ground. His hands stay on my waist longer than appropriate. I'm the first to move away, taking a step back as the front door opens.

His focus goes from me to the person in the doorway, whose face is covered by a scarf, revealing only eyes. A wide grin spreads across Octavian's lips as he looks this person up and down. He approaches her in a couple steps with his long legs, keeping his arms out for a hug.

"Yana," he says joyfully, "aren't you going to say hello to your favorite person ever?"

Yana, who I assume is the witch I've heard about, walks past him, making a frown appear on his lips instantly. Her century old legs slowly carry her towards me. Only a foot apart I see her gray eyes travel from my toes up to my eyes, taking in every inch of me.

I squirm under her stare, not liking how I feel trapped in her gaze.

Finally she speaks, her voice coming out raspy and rough. "Hello."

Octavian gasps, his jaw dropping to the floor. "Now that's just mean Yana! You like her better than me," he exclaims, becoming his playful self.

Yana simply nods her head before doing the unexpected; she pulls me into a hug, encasing me against her small body. For a moment I lose consciousness, falling limp into her arms. When I awake, Octavian is rushing towards us, taking me from Yana's grip.

"Are you okay Asena," he asks worriedly, looking me up and down. I nod my head, confused as to what just happened. I look towards Yana and I swear I can see a smile creeping up behind her scarf.

The voice inside my head that has stayed silent all day wakes up again, but it doesn't tell me anything. Instead, I simply feel its presence, lurking in the back of my mind, waiting to make its move.

"Would you two like some tea," she asks, changing the subject.

"Is it the good tea," Octavian asks, a smirk rising on his lips and his eyes glistening. She nods his head, making him run towards the door, leaving me behind.

She gestures for me to follow her with a flick of her head. I stay a couple feet behind her, careful to keep my distance.

As I walk inside her small cabin I'm shocked as to what I find. Plants and herbs are covering every inch of the cabin, creating a strong odor that tickles my nose.

"Where is it," Octavian asks, rummaging through as many plants as he can reach.

"Sit down or I won't give it to you," Yana hums.

Octavian growls but does as he says, planting his butt on the worn down couch in the center of the room. His eyes are bright and his smile is wide, making him look like a little kid on Christmas.

As Yana grabs a cup from the kitchen area, I sit down on a stool in front of the window.

"I knew you were coming so I prepared it this morning. It's been sitting out for a couple hours making it stronger." She hands the clay mug to Octavian, who greedily takes it from her and gulps the whole thing down in one go.

His eyes clench and he begins to gag, trying to get rid of the liquid in his body. But he manages to keep it down, giving us a proud smile. I look at him confused as he lays down on the couch, slowly closing his eyes.

"Yana? How long will it take to-"

His words stop immediately and his eye lids shoot open, staring at the ceiling. Yana seems unaffected by this, coming to sit in the rocking chair beside me. I move to stand up, ready to help my friend who's eyes won't stop moving back and forth.

Yana's hand shoots out, gripping onto my wrist and pulling me back down.

"Don't interrupt him, or you won't survive the consequences," she speaks, turning to look out the window to the colorful trees outside.

"What did you give to him," I ask worried.

"Not something you would know," she says with a smirk. "It lets him see his mate, as if she is real and standing before him."

I look between her and Octavian, not believing it at all. How would that be possible?

"What has he told you about me," she asks, stealing me attention.

I shrug my shoulders, not daring to meet her eyes. There's something about them that puts me on edge.

"He just told me that you're a witch and you've been friends for quite some time."

"I'm not a witch," she groans, her eyes narrowing. "When I tell people I'm a shaman they automatically think that means witch. I'm no witch," she growls. "I'm not evil."

I nod my head hesitantly, pretending to understand, but honestly I don't believe that she's a witch or a shaman. Neither of those exists.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"Well can't shamans speak to spirits?"

"Yes, they can."

"Then speak to one, I want to see it."

She laughs, throwing her head back. "The only spirit I can speak to is the Moon Goddess, I've been blessed, but she won't let you see our interaction."

I look at her dutifully. "Really?"

"I am real, I assure you. I can prove it to you in other ways."

"Go ahead."

"You've been blacking out recently," she bluntly says, making my blood run cold. "You haven't told anyone, but you know that your body is still aware during these moments." She leans back in her chair, looking proud of herself.

I open my mouth, ready to question her more about it when she holds up her hand to stop me. A few seconds later the front door opens, letting in a stream of sun light.

I look over to a blonde woman standing in the doorway, her hair pulled back in a ponytail and her body slick with sweat.

"Mother," she mutters, keeping her eyes on me, and then drifting to Octavian who is mumbling incoherent words under his breath. "Why are the Alpha's brother and mate here?"

"Amaris," Yana calls, "be polite, and wash that filth off of you before someone gets angry."

The beautiful young woman leaves the way she came, closing the door behind her quickly. I turn back to Yana, the confusion clear on my face.

"Her parents brought her to me when she was a couple days old. She has a marking upon her chest that they were afraid of. She's been with me ever since," Yana exclaims.

"Her parents didn't want her," I ask, heartbroken for the poor girl.

"You shouldn't be upset because somebody does want her, somebody much better than those weak parents of hers." Yana kicks her feet off the ground lightly, sending her rocking back and forth in her chair. Softly, she begins to sing a song that I can't help but be entranced in.

"Hath any loved you well, down there,

Summer or winter through?

Down there, have you found any fair

Laid in the grave with you?"

Her eyes fall on me, luring my mind into her magnetic pull. Slowly, my eyes begin to close as my body slumps over on the stool.

"S' death's long a richer kiss

Than mine was meant to be-

Or have you gone to some far bliss

And quite forgotten me?"

Those are the last words I hear before I fall into a deep sleep. I'm distantly aware of her hands catching me before I fall to the ground.

...
Happy early thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!
Next update will be either Thursday or Saturday. I'm working Black Friday guys and I work in one of the busiest retail stores in the mall so yayyyyy this will be fun... not😂
Wish me luck and hopefully I don't get in trampled

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.3K 35
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
61K 1.6K 41
(Not edited ) Every heartless sole wants her for power revenge or simply love.Kate is a young white werewolf a powerful one she is the Alphas daughte...
1.3M 36.5K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...
2K 152 30
Mates are something that comes naturally with being a Lycan. When your an alpha it becomes even more important. Two alphas, two packs and one bond, w...