I'm What You're Missing || R...

By rydelly_belly

it's been six years since the austin and ally cast have seen each other as a whole. it's also been six years... More

1 | Falling Apart
2 | Face to Face
3 | Promises
4 | She Has a Date
5 | Slow Dancing
6 | Cuddling
7 | A Backup
8 | Fourth of July Plans
9 | 4th of July = Fireworks
10 | We Don't Talk Anymore
11 | Nice Guy
12 | Drunken Voicemails
13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts
14 | Stop. Tweeting. About. Me.
15 | First Date
16 | Sibling Bonding
17 | The Edison
18 | Teenage Dreams Come True
19 | One Week
20 | Talk Shows
21 | Family
22 | Wedding Fun and Fights
23 | Happy Birthday, Loser
25 | Happy New Years!
26 | The Bahamas
27 | Six Months is Only the Beginning
Epilogue

24 | Promise Rings

4.5K 117 82
By rydelly_belly

Before I forget... MY NEW STORY IS OUT!!!! Everybody go read it! It's called A Little Unsteady || Raura and it's sad, but I promise it'll be good! Go comment over there that you came from I'm What You're Missing and I'll comment back and follow you back if I'm already not. Thanks so much for the love and support!!!
Enjoy💜

I'm What You're Missing: 24 | Promise Rings
| Ross Lynch |
| December 22nd |

"How's New York?" I quietly say, looking at her sleepy face in my computer screen. Christmas was in a few days, and we both decided to spend it with our own families this year, for a few reasons. One being we haven't been together all that long, just a few months is all. Another one being her parents live in New York now and my whole family is in Colorado, so we couldn't decide how to do it. And the other main one was that we haven't told our fans yet. But, we both made a decision about it next year.

"Good. I missed my aunt a lot, and it's safe to say she missed us." Laura says, pushing her glasses further up her nose. She's always looked so damn cute in her glasses. "Christmas Eve, we're suppose to head into town and go to the ice rink before having a late dinner." She then frowns. "Totally wish you were here so I won't break my face while ice skating, though." She murmurs,

"Just don't let no guy help you out. I'll help you out when you fly down here for my birthday." I reply. Yes, Laura's coming down here for my birthday, then flying to Vegas the next day with us for New Years.

"Yeah yeah, I won't let no guy touch me." She says, playfully rolling her eyes. "How's your family?" She asks.

"They're good. My Papa's having a blast with all of us grandkids back together. Mamoo said he hasn't been this laughy in quite awhile." Truth is, my Papa hasn't been doing too well. We all know it, but he doesn't know we know it, so we all act like nothing's happening.

"Aw, that's sweet. I can't wait to see all of them. It's been years and years since I've last seen everybody." She says, frowning. My eyes widen.

"Shit, love?!" I say, somewhat loudly. "Are you wearing a shirt?" I whisper, my face getting closer to the screen.

"Jesus, Ross! You scared me!" She says. "And no, I'm not wearing a damn shirt. It's effing hot in here." I knew she was staying at a hotel, and I know she had her own room. So. Do. I.

"We've been FaceTiming for how long and you haven't showed me anything yet?" I ask, licking my lips.

"Ross, no. I'm not gonna let you jerk off to me showing you my boobs." She says, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not gonna fucking jerk off, Laura." I say,rolling my eyes. "Come on, Christmas is in two days, I deserve something." I add on, raising my eyebrow.

"Speaking of Christmas..." She trails off. "I have a present for Christmas, but... I don't have one for your birthday. I know I know, that's a bad girlfriend, but your birthday is so close to Christmas that I don't know what else to get you-"

"Laur, it's okay. Just give me my present on the twenty-sixth, just like how I'll give you your present on the twenty-sixth. And all I ask is for my birthday, is for you to be here." I reply. She frowns a little.

"I still have to show you my boobs, don't I." She says, narrowing her eyes.

"Hell yes." I reply. She sighs and brings the covers closer to her neck. "Babe!" I whine. "We haven't seen each other in almost two weeks!" I continue to whine.

"I know." She replies. "But I'm not showing you my boobs over FaceTime. Or through texts." Sighing, I run my fingers through my hair.

"I'll-"

"Good night, Ross." She says, giving me a small smile.

"But-"

"I love you." Sighing again, I give her a small smile.

"I love you, too." I whisper. "Sleep good." She gives me a small nod before hanging up.

| December 25th |

"How was Christmas?" She asks me, yawning.

"It was awesome." I whisper. "The B siblings chipped in and got me and my siblings a new control panel for our studio, which was super sweet of them. The G siblings all chipped in and got us a new amp for Riker's bass, considering we blew our tour amp last tour..." I trail off. "And my parents just bought all my siblings and me a new laptop each and underwear..." Laura laughs a little. "What about you?" I ask.

"My mom and dad got me two tickets for Maroon Five in April, so guess who the second ticket it for?" She asks, smirking.

"I wanna say me, but I feel like that wouldn't be right." I reply.

"Why wouldn't that be right?" She asks me, furrowing her eyebrows. "Of course it's you. They literally made sure to put your name in all caps on the card they came in." Chuckling, I shake my head.

"Tell them I say thanks." I say. "And hell yes, Maroon Five, fucking talented men." I add. Laura rolls her eyes and continues to speak.

"My aunt just gave me a big check that's suppose to go towards buying a house, which I told her I live with you so I don't know what I'll use it for, but it's money so... oh, and my niece made me a pretty picture of me and her, and then my nephew kissed my cheek, considering he's a little young to do stuff." She says, shrugging her shoulders.

"When's your flight tomorrow?" I ask, looking at the clock. It was almost midnight here, so it had to be close to two o'clock in New York.

"Eight am. I'll land around elevenish your time." She replies, rubbing her eyes under her glasses. "Oh, and guess what?"

"Hmm?"

"As of this afternoon, your girlfriend is on her period." My eyes widen. "And they last about a week so... you won't be getting lucky until the new year, big guy." I groan, loudly.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I slightly shout.

"Sorry." She whispers. "But that doesn't mean I can't do stuff to you." She whispers. I raise my eyebrows. She chuckles a little and rolls her eyes. "Goodnight, Ross." She says.

"Night. I love you."

"I love you, too." She hangs up first, and I let out a groan once I shut my laptop. Haven't had sex in two weeks... I can last another one, right?

| December 26th |

"Love, I'm telling you, if anyone is annoying you or pestering you or making you uncomfortable, we can go back to the hotel and-" Laura cuts me off my pulling my head down and smashing her lips onto me. Smiling, I gladly kiss back and put my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to my body. Oh how I missed her and her fucking lips.

"Wow, never thought I'd catch my nephew in a heated make out on my brothers front porch." I pull away from Laura, letting a string of curse words spill out of my mouth.

"Uncle Shor." I say, putting on an annoyed smile. "You remember my friend, Laura, right?" I ask.

"Friend?" Both my uncle and Laura say at the same time.

"I mean like, you remember her form when she was my friend?" I say, nervously laughing. "Because like, you're definitely not my friend, love."  I say, turning back to laura and trying to act normal. "Have I told you look beautiful tonight?" I add, raising my eyebrows.

"Your boyfriends an idiot." My Uncle Shor laughs out while wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah... he has his moments." She replies, smirking at me.

"Can we go inside, please?" I ask, closing my eyes.

"Of course. Stormie's been talking the two of you up all day with how cute and perfect you are. I think all of us are just happy you decided to come for dinner and not bail like Mark thought you would." I chuckle a little and intertwine my fingers with Laura's.

"You are kind of an idiot." Laura whispers, looking up at me as we walk through the front door.

"What the fuck? No I'm not." I say, looking down at her. She quietly laughs and kisses my hand. "Alright alright, I'm just going to reintroduce everyone... Laura, this my my auntie and my uncle, my little cousins Boston, Gil, Gator, Beauty, Bauer, Gus and Gordy, my Aunt Angie and my Uncle Shor, my Papa and my Mamoo, and you know the rest. Guys, if you've been living under a rock, this is Laura." A chorus of hi's and nice to meet you's went around the room.

"Hi?" Laura questions.

"Who's the idiot now?" I murmur, getting hit in the chest by her for a reply. "Ow." I say, closing my eyes.

"Who's hungry?!" My uncle shouts. Just like that, we all pile into the kitchen.

"I actually really liked your family." Laura says, peaking her head inside the shower curtain. "And I really like this view." Rolling my eyes, I squeeze more shampoo into my hand.

"You could join me." I say, now putting shampoo all up in my hair.

"I would love to do that, but... I need to wash my face and take out my contact-"

"Yeah yeah, just save some more kissing time for me once we lay down." I say, rinsing my hair.

"Will do, superstar." I felt her pinch my ass before shutting the shower curtain. Chuckling, I continue to shower. Once I finish, I step out with my towel wrapped around my body and open up the bathroom door. Laura was laying down in bed, reading a book. Smiling, I grab a clean pair of underwear and slip them on, hang my towel up, turn the light off, and crawl into bed beside her.

"I have your Christmas present." I whisper, kissing her exposed skin on her stomach. She looks at me, giving me a nervous smile. "Its small, but I hope you'll like it." I add.

"Mines... smallish, but... I don't know if you're going to like it. Rydel said you would, Rocky said you would, Ryland said you would, Riker said you would, even Ellington said you would-"

"Laura?"

"Hmm?"

"Just go grab it." She nods her head and scurries out of bed in a pair of my boxers and my flannel. I reach for mine in the drawer of the nightstand, hoping she wouldn't completely hate it. It was in a velvety box, but I swear on my life it was not an engagement ring. "You go first." I whisper. She sighs and hands me a box, red wrapping paper and a big green bow. "Card?" I ask. Laura sighs again and hands me a card.

"You can read it out loud." She whispers.

"Dear Ross, I'm so sorry that this will be a bad gift, but I didn't know exactly what to give you, considering your birthday is literally four days later, but I hope these will do. And I promise I'll make it up to up on your birthday in some other way. Merry Christmas, babe. Love, Laura." I smile at her and hold the Maroon 5 ticket in my hand. "P.S., here is your Maroon Five ticket." Chuckling, I set them on the nightstand and begin to tear open the box.

"Wait!" Laura shouts, then covers her mouth. "Okay, sorry... go ahead." Nodding slowly, I pull the lid off and stare down at the content. "There's more than that one." Pulling out The Strokes - Is This It? vinyl, I pull out another; The White Stripes - Elephant, and pull out another; David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust, and a-fucking-nother one; John Coltrane - A Love Surpeme, which just so happens to be jazz and I have like, only two jazz vinyls, and then I pulled out The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street, and then I finally pulled out the last one; Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde.

"Holy fuck." I say, smiling at all of them. "Six vinyls?" I question smiling up at her.

"I made sure with your siblings that you didn't have any of these, and Ryland mentioned your lack of jazz, so I found John Coltrane and fell in love. And I know you somewhat have admired Bob Dylan and David Bowie, so I thought, why not?" She rambles. "I know it's not the best present-" I set down all of the vinyls and wrap her in a hug.

"Thank you." I whisper, kissing her cheek. "I love them all and I will for sure play each album when I get home." I add. "Now," I pause and pull away. "it's time for mine." Gently, I place all the vinyls back and place the box on the ground, halfway under the bed. Smiling, I pull the box out from behind me and her eyes widen.

"Ross-"

"It's not an engagement ring." I quickly say. She sighs of relieve. "Ouch." I whisper.

"No, Ross! It wasn't meant for... I would say yes if it was in-"

"Love, I get it." I say, holding it out. "Just open it." She slowly takes the box from my hand. "And one of them is mine." She furrows her eyebrows and opens the box, her jaw completely dropping.

"Oh my god." She whispers, pulling both of them out. "Uh... wh-what are these for?" She asks.

"Promise rings." I whisper, taking both of them. She holds out her left hand, and I slip it onto her middle finger, smiling wide as it fit perfectly. I slide mine onto my pointer finger on my right hand.

"You're my everything, love. And I want you to remember that one day, I will propose to you and we will get married and we will start a family." I say, holding her hands in mine. "I love you so much and I want you to never forget that." She doesn't respond. Instead, she crashes her lips onto mine. It didn't last long, because she pulled away and gave me a hug.

"I love you so much, Ross." She whispers, squeezing me tightly. After another few minutes, we got comfortable under the covers, saying our Anika goodnight's  and I love you's before closing our eyes and falling asleep.

• oh my lord, the ending is choppy! god, it irritates me. but, next chapter will be ross' birthday and I have something planned ;) don't forget to vote and comment and follow me! love you, babes💜

Question: How many "famous" (YouTubers, singers, etc.) have you met? (And if R5 and/or Ryland is one of them, then it counts) Who were they?

Answer: 8 "famous" people I believe. I met R5 (that counts as five😂), I met Ryland when he drove by on his golf cart at the concert and said hi to me, and I met Monica and Shelby Church. If you don't consider some of them famous, then... oh well 😂

p.s. my new story A Little Unsteady || Raura is out. go read it and comment! i'm commenting back to everybody and following everybody back that i'm not already following. thanks so much for the love and support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 324 15
COMPLETED - 2019 Book 3 of the 'These Four Walls' series. PLEASE READ 'These Four Walls' and 'These Three Years' before reading this story! _______...
36.6K 1K 25
laura marano and ross lynch were next door neighbors all their life. ross and his siblings one day covered a song, posted it on the internet and it w...
112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
6.5K 253 17
HIGHEST RANKS ~ #2 in raurafanfiction (08/19/2021) God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you. ~ "What if...