Sacrifices (Dean Winchester x...

By AstralShadows

*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazin... More

Girl Meets Dangerously Handsome Guy.
Accidental Homecoming.
Medicated Confessions.
A (Not So) Lover's Quarrel.
Close To Me.
Remembrance.
Birthday Present.
Sacrifices.
Demon Blood.
The Demon's Game.
Addicted.
Rehab.
Recovering.
Forgiveness.
Dream A Little Dream.
The Nightmare.
My Almost Lover
Happenstance.
On The Road Again.
Dreaming A Memory.
The Truth.
A Glimpse Behind The Curtain.
A Time To Remember.
Uncertainty.
Give And Take.
Accepting Fate.
Young Girl, Young Boy.
The Witch And The Familiar.
Becoming Fearless.
The Moments In Between.
Falling Slowly.
Hostage.
Oblivion.
A Hunter's Burial.
Epilogue: Our Happy Ending (Simple Man)
Author's Note
Author's Note Part Two: Moar Stories.
12k!
Almost 20k!
100k

Old Acquaintances.

9.7K 299 391
By AstralShadows

We didn't hang around Bobby's for long.  There was another case they were looking into.  Bobby told me to keep in touch and gave me a hug before I left.  Dean received a stern glare from him before leaving.  I threw my bag in the back seat and followed after it quickly.  Sam got in, followed by Dean.

"I'm so excited for this," I chuckled.

"It's a hunt," Sam said a little confused by my excitement.

"Yeah, but with the best hunters around.  This is like a dream come true."

"You're coming along for the ride, but if it's too dangerous you will be sitting it out on the sidelines," Dean said.

"What? I can handle it.  I can handle anything."

"We'll see."

I sat back against the seat.  Dean turned up the radio as we headed off.  Sam rustled through papers as we drove on.  After a few hours Sam turned and woke me up from the nap I was taking.  He handed me some newspaper.  He said it had to do with the job.  I read through it.  People missing for weeks and then showing up dead.  It was odd, but one thing came to mind.  I sat up and leaned on the front seat.

"Think it's a shifter?" I asked.

"Could be," Sam answered.

"Well, that's my guess.  They usually keep the person they are mimicking alive, but I could always be wrong."

"Guess we will see when we get there," Dean remarked, "who's hungry?"

"Jeez, hungry already?"

"We haven't eaten in awhile."

"That was like an hour ago."

"We have been on the road for six hours.  Did you fall asleep again?" he asked kind of shocked.

"No."

"Uh huh.  I don't think you get to question anything the way you're sleeping."

"Well, I could always drive if you want," I said slyly.

"Go back to sleep," he groaned.

"Wow," Sam said.

"What is it?" we asked in unison.

He just stared at us for a moment.  We made the same face at him waiting for him to continue.  He started to laugh.

"You are like female version of Dean."

Both of us gave him a disgusted look.  I sat back as we turned into a gas station with some local fast food chain attached.  I offered to grab food while Dean filled the tank. Sam walked in with me.  I ordered myself some food.  Sam got a salad ad we carried it out to the car.  Dean was waiting for us. I jumped in the back with the food.  I handed Sam his food and then a box for Dean.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Food," I said, "eat."

"The hell is this?"

"A salad."

"Why did you give that to me?"

"Thought you could use something healthier in your diet," I said while unwrapping a burger.

"Gimmie that," he said.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Sam asked.

"We'll go when she gives me that burger."

I bit into the burger and grinned with a mouthful, "too late."

"Like that'll stop me," he turned grabbing the burger from my hand. He bit into it as I made a disgusted groan.

"You are something else," I said as he shoved the salad into my hands.

"You have more of a chance to drive this car than get him to eat a salad," Sam joked.

"I could just steal the car when he's asleep," I joked.

"You wouldn't wanna do that, sweetheart," Dean retorted.

"Just drive already."

I shoved him playfully as the car started.  We drove for another four hours until we found a place to crash for the night.  Arborway Inn, a small, rustic motel on the edge of town.  It was late in the afternoon.  So they had me check in while they ran to do some research.  I got a room and walked toward it.  I turned around when I felt someone watching me. My head turned, but no one was around.  I shrugged it off and headed into the room.  The door shut behind me as I threw my bag on one of the beds.  I hurried to the bathroom and jumped in the shower. Ever since I became a hunter I never took a shower for granted ever again.  They were one of the best things in this world.  I savored the warm water for some time.  I shut the water off and grabbed a towel.  It wrapped around me as I walked into the room.  The boys would probably be gone for a while.   I pulled on a pair of jeans and a tank top.  Then dried my hair with a towel.  After rummaging through my bag I got my brush out.  I sat on the edge of the bed brushing my hair.  When I finished there was a knock on the door.  I figured it was Sam and Dean, but instead I opened the door to find a strange man staring at me.

"Wrong room, bud," I said starting to close the doors.

His hand slammed against the door as it swung open.  I ran for my bag, before I could grab my gun his fist crashed into the back of my head.  My eyes rolled back while I fell into the springy mattress that sent me bouncing backwards onto the floor.  He grabbed me by my hair and smiled.

"You'll do just fine," he cackled.

The door was cracked open when we got back to the room. Sam readied his gun and so did I.  The door swung open there was no one around.  Sam walked into the bathroom.

"She here?" I asked.

"I don't see her," Sam answered.

"Where is she?"

"Are you worried?  She can handle herself.  You did see that demon at the Gas-n-Sip, right? It was pretty messed up."

"She can't just leave like that.  I'll go look around."

"Dean, relax."

"If anything happens to her Bobby will kill us."

"I think he is more concerned about you doing something," Sam laughed.

"Like I would.  She's not even my type."

"Dean, women are your type."

"Shut up."

I walked outside and looked around.  I headed for the main office.  The clerk inside was watching a movie with his back facing the room.  I doubt he had seen her, but I asked anyway.  He said he hadn't seen her since she checked in.  I walked back out and no one was around.  I know I shouldn't be too concerned she could handle herself after all.  Weird things had been happening here. Even weirder she was gone shortly after arriving.  I went back to the room and flopped on the bed while Sam was doing research.  I took a small nap and when I woke up it was dark out.

"She back?" I asked.

"No," Sam responded while reading intently.

"So, you just sit there reading?"

"Maybe she is just out for a bit.  Don't worry about it."

"I'm gonna go get a drink."

I stormed out of the room.  How could he be so calm?  A few minutes I understand, but disappearing for a few hours in a town with a disappearing problem? Something felt wrong about this.  I walked to the bar we passed earlier.  It was about a block away.  I sat at the bar and ordered a drink.  The seat next to me slid back after a few minutes.  I looked over to see a familiar figure.

"____?" I asked, "where the hell have you been?"

"I went for a walk," she answered.

"You had me worried. At least leave a note next time."

She just nodded and raised her finger to signal the bartender.  Maybe I was overreacting, maybe she just didn't care to hear it. Her drink arrived and she looked back to me as she smiled taking a sip.

"So what now? Did you find anything out?" she asked.

"Sam thinks you were right.  That we're dealing with a shifter."

"Oh, so what's the plan?"

"We're gonna canvas some spots tomorrow."

"I get to come, right?"

"You should stay at the room.  I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Dean, come on.  I have taken shifters down before," she grinned.

"Maybe you can convince me after I had a few more drinks," I grinned.

"Oh, I hope I can convince you of more than that," she said slyly and gave a wink.

I choked on my drink, spitting some of it out as I grabbed a napkin.  It seemed a bit out of character for her, but we hadn't really been alone since we first met.  But I couldn't entertain the idea.  The image of Bobby hold a gun to my head sent shivers down my spine.  I took a long sip of my beer.  She leaned closer to me.  I could feel my eyes drifting as I quickly looked at one of the televisions.

"Something wrong, Dean?" she grinned.

"Nothing.  Come on, let's go back."

I left cash on the counter for our drinks as we walked back toward the room.  Her hand snaked into mine.  I looked at her.  Her bright eyes staring right at me.

"_____, stop what you're doing.  I will ship you back to Bobby's so fast."

"You don't feel the same?" she frowned.

"I don't know.  Stop being a pain."

"Oh, okay."

"Listen, I don't want to even think about it.  I will eventually hurt you.  And then Bobby will kill me so."

It was a split second later that I found myself flying into the motel room door.  Sam looked up and jumped to attention and drew his gun.  When entering the room we noticed a glimmer in her eyes.  This wasn't her.

"Where is she?" I growled.

"Oh, she's a little out of sorts.  Puts up a hell of a fight that girl," the shifter spoke, "what better way to get close than through the Winchesters new companion?"

Dean looked over at Sam encouraging him to take a shot.  He hesitated before lowering his gun and taking a shot into the shifters right leg.  The creature crumpled over in pain.

"Tell me where she is," Dean said forcefully.

"I can do that.  Because there is a very particular group of demons looking for that girl.  They are willing to pay a lot."

Dean slammed a silver knife into the left arm of the shifter.  It howled in pain.  But even though this was a shifter it hurt him to see _____ in pain.

"Alright, shit.  There's a small cabin in the woods north of here.  A dirt road is out back, behind the motel. It's the fastest way," his voice dropped to a whisper, "I've been in that messy little head of hers.  She really has a thing for you. Sorry she will be dead before-"

Dean removed the blade as the shifter looked slightly relieved.  Before he plunged the blade straight through its heart. They ran outside and jumped in the car.  It started and they drove around back to find the dirt road.  Hold on, _____,  we will be there soon.

I started to come to on a hardwood floor.  My eyes shifted around in the darkness.  I tried to sit up, but everything ached. My throat was dry as I forced myself to sit up through the pain.  I tried to pull my hands apart, but they wouldn't budge.  There was blood on the floor.  My eyes searched to find blood on my shirt.  It slowly came back to me.  I had an all out brawl with that thing.  The lights began to flicker as I looked around. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.  The door burst open.  A man walked out of the shadows.  My right eye was nearly swollen shut as I grinned at him.

"Well, you were always one for entrances," I smirked, "how's it hanging, Crowley?"

"Even on the verge of death, you maintain such high spirits.  The things I'd do to you if you were a demon,"  he chuckled.

"Oh, you know how to sweep a lady off her feet."

"Taken down by a shifter?  That's all it took?  After all the family of mine you killed."

"Your last tailor was my personal favorite."

"Yes, I got your message when his blood ruined all of my good suits!  Trust me, I plan on paying you back in full for that."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Crowley, but does it hurt when you lose people close to you?  I'd have no idea what that's like."

His fist crashed into my face.  My head turned with the force of the hit.  I smiled widely as I spat blood onto his suit.

"Come on.  This is my last- was my last good suit," he groaned, "I am going to have a good time with you."

"Oh, Crowley.  You might wanna hurry up."

I could hear the familiar sound of the impala nearing.  The engine halted as Crowley moved behind me.  The door swung open as Dean barreled in to the room first.

"Crowley…get away from her," Dean said.

"Oh, are you his pet, _____?"

"Don't get jealous now, Crowley, it doesn't suit you," I joked.

He dragged a blade across my back as my face winced.  I wanted to scream.  The pain was unbearable, but he would get some sort of satisfaction from it.  My teeth grit together as I exhaled a sharp breath.

"Pretend all you want, I know how much it hurts you."

"Crowley, I won't say it again," Dean said again, "you killed her family she killed some of yours.  It's over."

"Only if she promises to stop killing demons."

"Fat chance, unless.... Can I kill you? Then I promise I'll stop," my words dripped with excitement.

"Guess negotiations are over," Crowley said.

He moved his hand quickly as sharpness ran across my neck.  With a snap of his fingers he was gone.  My mouth opened trying to take in deep breaths. It was more shock than anything. Sam ran over and cut the ropes binding my arms back.

"Thanks," my voice hoarsely croaked.

"Come on, let's get you back," He said cautiously watching me wobble to my feet.

"Fucking demons," I groaned.

I stumbled toward the door.  Both watching and wondering just how high my pain tolerance was.  My hand held onto the cut on my neck.

"You gonna be alright?" Dean asked.

"It's just a small cut."

"Listen, you're not alone anymore.  Don't push yourself so hard," Sam told me while check the wound on my back.

"I've seen worse."

"Yeah, but what Sam's saying is-"

The color had faded from my face.  This wasn't my first run in with Crowley.  Damn demon had made it a point to make personal visits.  My body started to give out.  Dean grabbed me as I slumped into him.

"Come on, before you get yourself killed," Dean sighed, "Sam you drive."

He tossed the keys to Sam.  As he picked me up and got me in the car.  My head rest on Dean's lap. His hand covering the wound on my neck.  I started to move around while the car started driving back.

"Will you stop wiggling around?" Dean said annoyed by my movement.

"I don't wanna get blood in the car," I said in growing soft tone.

"Well, it's a bit late for that.  I'd rather clean this car than lose anyone else.  So just hang on and we'll get you patched up."

"But I'm kinda sleepy."

"You slept all day.  So stay awake," Dean ordered, but my eyes had already closed.

Sam pulled into a spot outside of the room.  Dean grabbed me out as he rushed us inside.  He looked at me in a panic as Sam pushed past him.  Dean grabbed a first aid kit as Sam started working on the wounds.  He cut the shirt off to address the wounds. Dean turned away and covered his face.

"You getting grossed out by blood now, Dean?" Sam joked.

"Just focus on what you're doing."

"Maybe it's because you've got a crush."

"Crush?  What is this high school? Tch, crush."

"Uh huh, 'cause you totally didn't kiss her the other night."

"That was to get that creepy guy away from her."

"You could have just punched the guy.  I mean, you were hitting on this girl before-"

"Just patch her up.  I'm going for a walk."

Sam chuckled as Dean stormed out.  He nudged my shoulder gently.

"Don't think I didn't see you open your eyes," he laughed.

"I'm asleep, I don't know what you're talking about," I retorted.

I sat up so he could look at my back.  That was actually worse than the cut on my neck, which I was more concerned with.  I caught a glimpse of Dean pacing around outside.  He was really worried.  He kept crossing and uncrossing his arms while arguing with himself.  At least it looked like that.  A sharp pain rushed through my back as Sam started working on it.  He tossed me a small bottle of pills for the pain after he was done.  I took two with water.  I sprawled on the bed face down.

"This bed smells funky," I sighed.

"Okay, I'll go tell Dean you're just gonna need some-"

"Pretzels."

"Um,  yeah, those."

He opened the door and Dean came barreling in before Sam could say anything.  I rolled on to my side with a grin on my face.

"Dean, Dean, jelly bean," I laughed.

"What did you do to her?" Dean stopped in his tracks and pointed at me.

"I gave her some pain killers so she could sleep."

"She's not sleeping.  She's out of her gourd."

"Give it time everyone reacts differently," Sam responded.

"We need marshmallows to fight the pink bunnies.  It's the only way to end them," I said while pointing at an empty space in the room.

"Uh, yeah.  We'll get right on that."

"Okay," I muttered into the blanket.

My eyes grew heavy as Dean sat on the bed.  He said something about making sure I was okay.  Sam just laughed as he dodged something Dean threw at him.   One thing was for sure.  They were not going to let me hear the end of the pink bunnies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
103K 3.9K 53
Book 2 // REVOKE - An Original SPN Story Jackie Kaiser has trained and hunted for her entire life in order to build up her reputation as the notoriou...
79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
57.3K 1.6K 20
I'm back at it again with another Supernatural reader insert story. I just can't stray away from some good old Supernatural imagines! And Jack is jus...