Within Seconds: Flashpoint Ed...

By xxwinterschildxx

[ based on season three of The Flash ] || book three of three || Finding and causing Parker Sylas to fall i... More

Welcome Back
First Thing's First
Collide
Separate Ways, Worlds Apart
Too Close
More Pain Than Planned
Time May Change You
Love Is A Battlefield
Good Times For A Change
The Love You Save
Isn't She Lovely?
Where You Lead
Your Love
Wondering
Smooch
If It Ain't Love
Time To Walk Away
The Ending To A Skinny Love
Goodbye Flashpoint
Barry Allen, You Are The Father!
Timeline Adjustments
Finding Happiness Right Where You Are
Our Melody
Forget Me Not
Un-Break His Heart
With or Without You
How Not To Honor Your Dead Wife
Barry Allen Gets Fired!
Barry Allen Meets Aliens!
Barry Allen Brings Home An Alien!
Barry Allen Is At Fault For Everything!
Ch-Ch-Changes
A Familiar Feeling
You'll Have To Count Mel Out
#BringParkerBack2017
Parker Returns
Baby's First Christmas

Learning To Live Again

7.4K 418 228
By xxwinterschildxx

Parker, for once, was awakened by the sunlight blinding her eyes rather than her children, or Barry, barging into her bedroom. Confused, she rolled from bed and padded softly through the halls of her apartment. She peaked into her children's rooms, finding them both fast asleep.

Hurriedly, she sprinted into the kitchen to cook and eat the rest of the bacon before her kids could ask for it. When she entered, she found the bacon already cooked and on display for her. Across from it, Barry Allen was reading the newspaper. 

"Good morning," she said kindly. 

Barry lowered the newspaper. A piece of bacon hung between his teeth. He swallowed, then said, "Oh, hey. I didn't expect you to be up for a few more hours, to be honest."

"Is that why you were eating my bacon?" wondered Parker, snatching a few pieces for herself. 

"Maybe," teased Barry. "So, listen: I have an important matter to speak to you about."

"I'm all ears," encouraged Parker. 

Barry scratched his neck, lowering his eyes from hers. Timidly, he mumbled, "I want to tell them."

"Evee, Nate," breathed Parker deeply, impersonating Darth Vader. "Barry is your father."

"Parker," begged Barry.

She threw her head back with laughter. 

"I-I know it's only been three months, but last night, I was putting Evelyn to bed and she asked why I'm around instead of their father. I just think--"

"Barry, hush. Geez. I don't care if you want to tell them," interrupted Parker. 

He widened his eyes. "Really?"

"I don't see why we should continue to avoid the topic. You're around for good, aren't you?" asked Parker. 

Barry's worried frown turned into a smile. "Yeah. Yeah, I am."

"All right. Then, go wake your kids up," she said. 

"When did they become mine?" teased Barry. 

"About twenty seconds ago."

Parker heard Barry's chuckling as he left the kitchen. She quieted her chewing to listen to Barry playfully awaken their babies.

"Good morning, Vietnam!" he shouted, throwing open both doors simultaneously. 

"Great movie," sighed Parker.

"What's Vietnam?" she heard Nathan ask.

"It's not nam, it's nam. Like damn."

"Barry!" yelled Parker. 

"Which is a way to keep water inside a lake. Or something," covered Barry quickly. He paused. "So, who wants to go to breakfast at my house?"

Enthusiastic cheers were given by both children, who had leaped from their beds to jump around Barry. He settled them within a few minutes, encouraging them to ready themselves for the day. Already dressed and ready, he supervised the children so Parker had one less thing to do. 

"You're a Saint," praised Parker when she approached him. "It's been years since I was able to get ready without peepers."

Parker nudged her hand into his when she slid by. For a brief second, he took a hold of her hand, but it was over when she continued to walk into her bedroom. She leaned in between the door and the frame. 

"You might have one," he flirted. 

"Yeah?" asked Parker seductively. 

Barry smirked. 

Parker winked. She took a step back from the door, placed her hand on the knob, then proceeded to close and lock it. 

"Blue balls much?" pouted Barry. 

"What are 'blue balls'?" wondered Evelyn, tugging on his hand. 

Barry panicked. "I'll buy you anything you want if you never repeat that phrase again," he begged quietly. 

"Deal!" agreed Evelyn eagerly. 

It was only around twenty minutes later when Parker exited the bedroom, dressed in grey sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. Her hair was in a loose ponytail. She tugged on boots as she entered into the main section of the apartment, where Barry and the children sat together on the couch. 

Parker smiled when she saw them. "Hey, kids, wanna hear a big announcement?"

As per usual, when asked a question, enthusiastic responses were given by the kids. 

"Barry's your father."

His jaw dropped. "Parker!"

"What?" she laughed. "No long, emotional speech needed to happen. If y'all got questions, ask, but it's pretty self-explanatory. Daddy wasn't around for a while and now he is, and he's Barry! Yay!"

Nathan looked up at Barry. "Can we call you Dad?"

"Are you really our Daddy?" wondered Evelyn quietly.

"Yeah, I am," agreed Barry. "Is that okay?"

Nathan and Evelyn looked at one another, judging their responses. To the naked eye, it seemed as though a telepathic conversation was going on. Then, with an synchronized eyebrow wiggle, both kids attacked Barry with the tightest hug he had ever received from either one. 

"It's great," corrected Parker. "Now, go get in the car. Yes, that means now. Kids, let's go, let's go, let's go. You, too, Barry!"

"Carry me!" begged Nathan, holding his arms to his mother.

"You have two legs, use them," said Parker. 

"Why?" 

"I did not spend eighteen hours of labor pushing you two out so you could beg me to carry you around when you're fully capable of walking, that's why."

Barry patted Nathan's head. "I would walk, buddy."

"Good idea," agreed Nathan. 

xxxx

Another thing he liked about this version of Parker: because of the kids, she was a safe driver. It was entirely refreshing, not having to pray before he entered the car. It had become a habit unfamiliar to him in the other timeline. 

When Parker came to a stop in front of Barry's childhood home, he exited first from the car. He aimed to quickly get one of the kids from the car so he could go hug his mother. 

"Just go hug your Mom," encouraged Parker, waving her hand. "I can get our Satan's Spawns up and out of the car."

"Are you sure?" asked Barry. 

"Run like the wind, Bullseye," she agreed. 

Barry didn't need another shove. He hustled up to the unlocked front door, then sneaked around the house until he entered the dining room. He hugged his mother from behind, surprising her. She heartily laughed and patted his arms lovingly. 

"Hey there, slugger!" greeted his father.

"What is up with you?" wondered Nora. 

"What do you mean?" asked Barry, releasing his mother.

"Lately, you've been hugging me as if it's the first time you've seen me in months."

"I mean, I'll stop if you really want me to."

"Never. I love it," praised Nora, patting his cheek. 

Parker nudged open the door with her backside, struggling to carry Evelyn on her back and walk with Nathan wrapped around one of her legs. She was pretending to fight them off, narrating the 'attack' as though she was a Sports Announcer. 

"I don't love it as much as I love those kids," whispered Nora.

"I know you don't," laughed Barry. "Go say hi, Mom."

Nora didn't wait any longer. "Beautiful babies!" she cheered, then added, "And Parker!"

"Man, am I feelin' the love," joked Parker. 

Nathan and Evelyn slid off their mother faster than Nora could bend down to greet them. Instead of their mother, they focused their attack on their grandmother, only they hugged on her rather than play fight her. 

"Traitors," sang Parker. 

"Parker!" said Henry happily, opening his arms. 

Parker raced across the room to leap into Henry's open arms, appreciating some love. Henry wrapped his arms tightly around the woman, resting his head on top of hers. 

Barry watched them, feeling a sense of joy no one would understand. Seeing Henry and Parker channel part of a relationship that he was used to seeing simultaneously broke and mended his heart. It was an image he thought he would never see again. 

"Oh, Bar," said Nora suddenly. "I've been meaning to tell you: I sold the basement to a nice older couple the other day. The basement apartment. They emailed me to tell me they wanted to rent it."

"Cool," he said. 

Parker, sensing what Barry hadn't, released Henry. She snapped her fingers, pointing the children into the bathroom across the hall to wash their hands before they ate. 

"Very reasonably," chimed Henry. 

It was then Barry understood. Brow furrowed, he asked, "You want me to move out?"

"No, no, no," said Henry and Nora together, afraid of hurting their son's feelings. Henry cautiously continued with, "It's just... You have a family. Shouldn't you be involved in their lives and be, you know, around?"

"Well, I am around," said Barry. "I just..."

Giggles from the bathroom turned his head. All of his thoughts vanished when he had his eyes on Parker and the kids. He smiled as he watched her pick each kid up at a time, letting them sing the ABC's as they soaped up their hands then rinsed. As always, they were all laughing together. No moment existed where they weren't happy when together. Happiness radiated through each and every member of that family. 

Evelyn, finished with her hands, clutched her mother's leg and watched Nathan wash his own hands. She turned her head when she heard Nora set pancakes on the table. She caught Barry's eye. She went running for him, climbing to sit contently on his lap. 

"Hello, Evee," greeted Barry. 

She tilted her head against his chin. "Feed me!"

"I think you're old enough to feed yourself, you big baby," he laughed, kissing her head. He looked to his parents, promising, "I'll figure something out."

"Figure what out?" wondered Parker. 

Nathan on her hip, she took the seat beside Barry, adjusting him to face the table instead of hanging on her. He slouched against her chest. 

"What I'm going to have to do to make Grandma and Grandpa watch the kids for a little bit," covered Barry. 

Henry raised his brow. "Oh, you told them?"

"This morning," agreed Barry. 

"We've never met any of our grandparents," said Evelyn. 

Barry looked at Parker, failing to hide his confusion. She shook her head at him, pushing the conversation to a later date. 

"Well, Evelyn Rory, call me Papa," offered Henry. 

Parker nodded at Nora. "What about you, Grandma?"

"You know, my first thought went to Grammy, but that kinda makes me sound old, doesn't it?" asked Nora, frowning. "I don't know, really. I should put some thought into that. I'll have an answer soon, don't you fret!"

"Anyways," said Henry, shaking his head. "Why do we need to watch them?"

Barry smiled. "I want to take Parker somewhere for a little while."

"Where are you taking me?" wondered Parker suspiciously. 

"It's a surprise," he said, winking. 

Parker rolled her eyes. "Isn't everything with you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 2.7K 72
ʟΙͺΙ’Κœα΄›Ι΄ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡|❝Ιͺ κœ°α΄‡ΚŸΚŸ ΙͺΙ΄ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴑᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ κœ°α΄€ΚŸΚŸ α΄€κœ±ΚŸα΄‡α΄‡α΄˜, ꜱʟᴏᴑʟʏ α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄›Κœα΄‡Ι΄ α΄€ΚŸΚŸ α΄€α΄› ᴏɴᴄᴇ.❞ - ➼ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ; (ʏ/Ι΄) Κœα΄€Κ€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€, α΄€ κœ°α΄Κ€α΄‡Ι΄κœ±Ιͺα΄„ κœ±α΄„ΙͺᴇɴᴛΙͺκœ±α΄› κœ°α΄Κ€ α΄„α΄„α΄˜α΄… ᴑᴏʀᴋΙͺΙ΄...
34.5K 1.5K 25
Barry took a breath, his eyes flickering towards the ground before coming back towards her. "The first time I met you, I forgot who Iris even was. I...
73K 1.2K 27
Matching wits with The Thinker, who by the end pf the last book had harnessed the powers of all twelve bus metas he created, stretched Team Flash to...
1.6M 74.7K 95
[based on season two of The Flash] || book two of three || Six months after Barry's failure to change the timeline and save his mother, Team Flash is...